|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tenth Man, pp. 274-279, Third Class, pp. 279-284.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 137 rubles.
(b) 3 rubles.
(c) 37 rubles.
(d) 53 rubles.
2. How does Reb Nissl help Kivke avoid running the gauntlet?
(a) He bribes officials to let him off with a three ruble fine.
(b) He finds a man willing to switch places with Kivke.
(c) He arranges to have him declared dead.
(d) He gets him pardoned with the governor.
3. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(b) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
4. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
5. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(b) Hoshana Rabbah.
(c) High Holy Days.
(d) Rosh Hoshanah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before her adoption, how is the girl Rayzl related to her adopted father?
2. How was Chvedka educated?
3. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
4. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
5. Which is NOT one of the names that the priest mistakes for Berko's name for in The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)