|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tenth Man, pp. 274-279, Third Class, pp. 279-284.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Moshke claim to be when his store burns down?
(a) At his nephew's bar mitzvah.
(b) At home taking a nap.
(c) At his nieces's engagement party.
(d) On business in Odessa.
2. Who is Gorky?
(a) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(b) A revered Rabbi.
(c) The current prime minister.
(d) An important literary figure.
3. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
4. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
(a) His gold pocketwatch.
(b) His thick billfold.
(c) His diamond ring.
(d) His ebony cane.
5. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
(a) To start his career as a performer.
(b) To escape his abusive step-father.
(c) To avoid getting drafted into the army.
(d) To follow the love of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
2. What is the name of Borodenko's village?
3. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
4. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
5. How does Aharon's wife react when her son leaves school?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)