|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tenth Man, pp. 274-279, Third Class, pp. 279-284.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of coat does the narrator wear in High School?
(c) He wears no coat, only a heavy sweater.
2. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
3. Why won't Yoyl terminate Kompanyevitch's lease even though he greatly dislikes him?
(a) He is afraid Kompanyevitch would exact revenge on him.
(b) Kompanyevitch pays on time.
(c) He likes having something to complain about.
(d) He has given his word as a gentleman not to.
4. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
(a) Because he likes simple people.
(b) Because he likes saving money.
(c) Because it is easier to get a ticket last minute.
(d) Because it is not as crowded.
5. Why is Dovid taken to jail instead of Moyshe-Nachman?
(a) The police take a disliking to Dovid.
(b) They had switched identities.
(c) Dovid confesses.
(d) Moyshe-Nachman bribes the police officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
2. What was the name of Itsik's deceased brother.
3. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
4. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
5. Which is not one of the hotels mentioned in Third Class?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)