|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tenth Man, pp. 274-279, Third Class, pp. 279-284.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a delivery boy.
(d) He is a scribe.
2. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
(a) 9-10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10-15 years.
3. How much money does Yayl have to pay when he loses the bet?
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 10 rubles.
(c) 200 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
4. Where is Moyshe-Nachman from?
5. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
(b) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(c) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(d) He runs into him by chance at the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
2. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
3. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
4. Which city reports a cholera epidemic in the newspaper in A Game of Sixty-Six?
5. What is the name of the rich man who dies in Fated for Misfortune?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)