|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tenth Man, pp. 274-279, Third Class, pp. 279-284.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
2. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
(b) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
(c) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
(d) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
3. What type of coat does the narrator wear in High School?
(d) He wears no coat, only a heavy sweater.
4. Where did the train accident happen in The MIracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
5. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(b) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(c) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(d) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
2. What is the name of The Man from Buenos Aires's hometown?
3. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
4. What do Tevye and his wife decide to buy with their reward from the rich Jew?
5. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)