|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tenth Man, pp. 274-279, Third Class, pp. 279-284.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Automatic Exemption where does the tall bearded Jew currently reside?
2. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 300 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 600 rubles.
3. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
4. What does the diamond dealer do to the young man who returns his case?
(a) He doesn't thank him, just takes the case.
(b) He writes him a thank you letter.
(c) He gives him a one hundred ruble reward.
(d) He gives him a kiss.
5. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(b) Dairy merchandise.
(c) A gift for Mendl.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Itsik short for?
2. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
3. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
4. How does Aharon's wife react when her son leaves school?
5. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)