|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tenth Man, pp. 274-279, Third Class, pp. 279-284.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
2. What does Berko do for a living?
(a) He is a mason.
(b) He is a cantor.
(c) He makes vinegar.
(d) He is a tailor.
3. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
(a) Because he likes simple people.
(b) Because it is easier to get a ticket last minute.
(c) Because it is not as crowded.
(d) Because he likes saving money.
4. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
(a) To escape his abusive step-father.
(b) To start his career as a performer.
(c) To avoid getting drafted into the army.
(d) To follow the love of his life.
5. What does the diamond dealer try to sell to the commercial traveler at the end of the Hard Luck?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Jews are admitted into the high school in High School?
2. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
3. When the Man from Buenos Aires first emigrated to Buenos Aires what job does he take in the countryside?
4. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
5. How much money does Moshke claim it takes to hire someone to "give the match a scratch?"
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)