|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tenth Man, pp. 274-279, Third Class, pp. 279-284.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Moshke alerted when his store burns down?
(a) He is given a telegram.
(b) A neighbor comes and finds him.
(c) His wife runs to tell him.
(d) He arrives home and sees the flames.
2. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
3. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
(a) They were given a tax break.
(b) They were forced to work on the railroad by the army.
(c) They were anxious to be able to travel to St. Petersburg more easily.
(d) It was an easy way to make money.
4. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
5. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(b) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(c) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(d) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
2. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
3. How much money does Kivke request when he has been cheated by his father-in-law?
4. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
5. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)