|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tenth Man, pp. 274-279, Third Class, pp. 279-284.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not one of the hotels mentioned in Third Class?
(a) Hotel Russia.
(b) Hotel Frankfurt.
(c) Hotel Paris.
(d) Hotel New York.
2. How much the narrator pay for the dowry of the girl as fiduciary in Fated for Misfortune.
(a) 100 rubles.
(b) 1000 rubles.
(c) 500 rubles.
(d) 10000 rubles.
3. Why won't the Jew put out the flames of a fire in his house in The Tenth Man?
(a) He wants the insurance money.
(b) He believes it is fated to burn down.
(c) It is the Sabbath.
(d) He has no arms.
4. In The Automatic Exemption where does the tall bearded Jew currently reside?
5. What ailment does the narrator have that prompts the Jew from Kamenetz to give him yellow powder?
(a) Stomach pains.
(b) A toothache.
(d) A headache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young "mademoiselle" the narrator observes on the train in Third Class?
2. Why is Dovid taken to jail instead of Moyshe-Nachman?
3. Who is Gorky?
4. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
5. What part of the entrance exam does the son initially fail in High School.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)