|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tenth Man, pp. 274-279, Third Class, pp. 279-284.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Third Class, what is the danger of riding first class?
(a) You'll eat too much.
(b) You will be treated unkindly by the staff.
(c) You'll forget how to use your voice.
(d) You'll sleep too soundly and miss your station.
2. How is the young Jew saved from the draft in The Tenth Man?
(a) He gets forged papers.
(b) He is an only son.
(c) He has a large sore on his head.
(d) His father-in-law offers a ten thousand ruble bribe.
3. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
(a) Conscription of Jews into the army.
(b) The pogroms against Jews in their town.
(c) The Head Tax on Jews.
(d) Restrictive school quotas for Jews.
4. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
(a) From the wealthy manor owners.
(b) From his rabbi.
(c) From his wife.
(d) They are his entire savings.
5. How is Moshke alerted when his store burns down?
(a) A neighbor comes and finds him.
(b) He is given a telegram.
(c) His wife runs to tell him.
(d) He arrives home and sees the flames.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
2. What is the noise level of third class?
3. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
4. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
5. How does Reb Nissl help Kivke avoid running the gauntlet?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)