|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tenth Man, pp. 274-279, Third Class, pp. 279-284.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the young Jew saved from the draft in The Tenth Man?
(a) He is an only son.
(b) His father-in-law offers a ten thousand ruble bribe.
(c) He gets forged papers.
(d) He has a large sore on his head.
2. How much the narrator pay for the dowry of the girl as fiduciary in Fated for Misfortune.
(a) 1000 rubles.
(b) 500 rubles.
(c) 10000 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
3. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) He falls asleep driving.
(b) The axel breaks.
(c) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(d) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
4. What does Dovid do for a living for Brodky?
(a) He is an accountant.
(b) He runs a factory.
(c) He is a torah reader in the synagogue.
(d) He is a gardener.
5. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
(a) Wait for help.
(b) Pull the brake.
(c) Throw something in front of the train to slow it.
(d) Make a jump for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class does the narrator generally take when he goes by trains?
2. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
3. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
4. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
5. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)