|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tenth Man, pp. 274-279, Third Class, pp. 279-284.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aharon's wife react when her son leaves school?
(a) She is indifferent and doesn't react either way.
(b) She is heartbroken and becomes sick.
(c) She supports him and agrees with him.
(d) She is furious and disowns him.
2. How many children does Moyshe-Nachman have?
(a) He has eight children.
(b) Two daughters.
(c) Three daughter and one son.
(d) One son.
3. What is the name of the person that Moshke has to pay to "keep his mouth shut?"
4. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
5. Where is the setting of Hard Luck?
(a) A third class train car.
(b) The ticket counter at the train station.
(c) The local bar.
(d) The second class waiting room at the station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gorky?
2. How much money does Danielschik request for his ticket to America?
3. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
4. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
5. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)