|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tenth Man, pp. 274-279, Third Class, pp. 279-284.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the names that the priest mistakes for Berko's name for in The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah?
2. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) He hears a woman crying.
(b) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(c) It begins to rain on him.
(d) His horse decides to run off.
3. How did the son die in the The Tenth Man?
(a) He had been killed in a bar brawl.
(b) He was in a horse accident.
(c) He was hung for being a revoluntionary.
(d) He died of consumption.
4. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
(a) They claim he beat her to death.
(b) They claim she committed suicide.
(c) They claim she died in a fire started by Yoyl.
(d) The claim she died of hunger.
5. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
(c) Her brother Kivke.
(d) Her Aunt Chaika.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Itsik short for?
2. How does the train eventually stop?
3. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
4. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
5. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)