|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Tenth Man, pp. 274-279, Third Class, pp. 279-284.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
2. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She is indifferent to the match.
(b) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
(c) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
(d) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
3. What is the man from Lower Pereshchepena wearing?
(a) Army boots.
4. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
(a) They claim he beat her to death.
(b) They claim she committed suicide.
(c) They claim she died in a fire started by Yoyl.
(d) The claim she died of hunger.
5. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
(a) Kivke himself appears on the scene and everyone goes quiet.
(b) The man did not know the ending.
(c) A unexpected pogrom breaks up the storytelling.
(d) The man telling the story had to catch a train.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the conversation with the other two Jews, what does the man from Pereshchepena do?
2. What part of the entrance exam does the son initially fail in High School.
3. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
4. Which is not one of the hotels mentioned in Third Class?
5. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)