|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
(a) 10-15 years.
(b) 9-10 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
3. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
(a) He is an only son since the demise of his brother.
(b) He has poor health.
(c) He is a university student.
(d) He is missing an eye.
4. What was the name of Itsik's deceased brother.
5. What type of coat does the narrator wear in High School?
(d) He wears no coat, only a heavy sweater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aharon's son get rid of his school hat?
2. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
3. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
4. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
5. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)