|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Yoyl terminate Kompanyevitch's lease even though he greatly dislikes him?
(a) He is afraid Kompanyevitch would exact revenge on him.
(b) He likes having something to complain about.
(c) He has given his word as a gentleman not to.
(d) Kompanyevitch pays on time.
2. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
(a) He receives a note from Beilke asking him not to go.
(b) He finds he does not have paper needed to travel abroad.
(c) Motl dies and he stays to help Tsaytl.
(d) He becomes to sick to board the ship.
3. How does the train eventually stop?
(a) Train engineers manage to put something on the tracks to stop it.
(b) It runs off track and crashes.
(c) It loses momentum climbing a steep hill.
(d) It runs out of fuel.
4. Why did the man in It Doesn't Pay to Be Good adopt two children?
(a) Because he thought they resembled him.
(b) Because he had an omen that he should adopt them.
(c) Because he is childless.
(d) Because there was a tax break for adopting them.
5. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
(a) 18 rubles.
(b) A milk cow.
(c) A new coat.
(d) A goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
2. Before her adoption, how is the girl Rayzl related to her adopted father?
3. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
4. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
5. Which city reports a cholera epidemic in the newspaper in A Game of Sixty-Six?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)