|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a scribe.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a delivery boy.
2. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
(a) He becomes to sick to board the ship.
(b) He finds he does not have paper needed to travel abroad.
(c) He receives a note from Beilke asking him not to go.
(d) Motl dies and he stays to help Tsaytl.
3. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) Half a ruble a day.
(b) Three rubles a day.
(c) One ruble a day.
(d) One ruble a week.
4. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
(a) It changes from day to day whose prices are lower.
(b) Both salespeople charge the exact same prices.
(c) The woman's prices are always lower.
(d) The man's prices are generally lower.
5. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
(a) 1000 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 200 rubles.
(d) 400 rubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
2. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
3. Which city reports a cholera epidemic in the newspaper in A Game of Sixty-Six?
4. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
5. What does Yoyl Tashker do for a living?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)