|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
2. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
(a) They are brother and sister.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are neighbors.
(d) They are cousins.
3. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 9-10 years.
(c) 10-15 years.
(d) 20 years.
4. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(b) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(c) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(d) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
5. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(b) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
(c) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
(d) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the 60-year-old man claim to hate reading the newspaper?
2. What does Itsik's mother call him for good luck?
3. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
4. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
5. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)