|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Itsik's mother call him for good luck?
2. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) It begins to rain on him.
(b) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(c) He hears a woman crying.
(d) His horse decides to run off.
3. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
(a) They were anxious to be able to travel to St. Petersburg more easily.
(b) They were given a tax break.
(c) They were forced to work on the railroad by the army.
(d) It was an easy way to make money.
4. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
(a) A wife.
(b) His missing brother.
(c) A loyal dog.
(d) His childhood home.
5. What is Kompanyevitch's profession?
(a) He is a garbage man.
(b) He is a notary.
(c) He is a banker.
(d) He is a carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
2. What is the name of Borodenko's village?
3. What is Peppercorn studying for?
4. What is Chvedka's profession?
5. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)