|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He hides it in his shoe.
(b) He puts it in his hat.
(c) He sews it into his breast pocket.
(d) He ties it to his belt.
2. How much money does Yayl have to pay when he loses the bet?
(a) 200 rubles.
(b) 10 rubles.
(c) 50 rubles.
(d) 100 rubles.
3. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
4. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In the stables.
(c) In the pond.
(d) Out in the field.
5. What does Berko do for a living?
(a) He is a cantor.
(b) He is a mason.
(c) He is a tailor.
(d) He makes vinegar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
2. What type of coat does the narrator wear in High School?
3. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
4. What happens to Tevye the day after his meeting with Layzar that he sees as a bad omen?
5. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)