|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kompanyevitch's profession?
(a) He is a carpenter.
(b) He is a garbage man.
(c) He is a notary.
(d) He is a banker.
2. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
(a) He receives a note from Beilke asking him not to go.
(b) He becomes to sick to board the ship.
(c) He finds he does not have paper needed to travel abroad.
(d) Motl dies and he stays to help Tsaytl.
3. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
(a) They claim she committed suicide.
(b) They claim she died in a fire started by Yoyl.
(c) The claim she died of hunger.
(d) They claim he beat her to death.
4. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
(a) She is insulted by a goy.
(b) Her basket is overturned and her merchandise spoiled.
(c) The Jews mock her and call her a beauty queen.
(d) She finds out that her husband has died.
5. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) Some fine hunger pains.
(b) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
(c) A head full of scrambled brains.
(d) A week's supply of heartache.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
2. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
3. What is the name of The Man from Buenos Aires's hometown?
4. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
5. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)