|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
(a) Tevye asks if she knows what Mendl does for a living.
(b) Tevye asks is Mendl was popular as a child.
(c) Tevye asks how old Mendl is.
(d) Tevye asks if Mendl has any children.
2. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
(a) Her borscht.
(b) Her kreplach.
(c) Her knishes and baclava.
(d) Her pudding and poppy cakes.
3. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
(a) 10 rubles.
(b) 25 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 32 rubles.
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(c) Only water.
5. What is the name of The Man from Buenos Aires's hometown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
2. Who suggests Podhotzur as a spouse for Beilke?
3. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
4. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
5. What type of coat does the narrator wear in High School?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)