|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They did not know each other.
(d) They were cousins.
2. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) Three rubles a day.
(b) Half a ruble a day.
(c) One ruble a day.
(d) One ruble a week.
3. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
(b) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
(c) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
(d) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
4. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(b) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(c) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(d) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
5. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(a) The Csar.
(c) The unfair market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chvedka's profession?
2. What is Kompanyevitch's profession?
3. Which city reports a cholera epidemic in the newspaper in A Game of Sixty-Six?
4. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
5. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)