|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man from Lower Pereshchepena wearing?
(d) Army boots.
2. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) Mendl is his nephew.
(b) They are third cousins.
(c) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
(d) They are first cousins.
3. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
(a) They claim she committed suicide.
(b) They claim she died in a fire started by Yoyl.
(c) They claim he beat her to death.
(d) The claim she died of hunger.
4. Why does Aharon's business fall apart?
(a) He has spent all his money on bribes for his son.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He suffers anxiety about his son and is unable to work.
(d) His wife moves to Poland with the son and leaves him shorthanded.
5. What does Itsik's mother call him for good luck?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Rayzl's birth mother?
2. What part of the entrance exam does the son initially fail in High School.
3. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
4. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
5. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)