|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a tailor.
(c) He is a carpenter.
(d) He owns a store.
2. What type of coat does the narrator wear in High School?
(c) He wears no coat, only a heavy sweater.
3. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) They were cousins.
(c) They were brothers.
(d) They did not know each other.
4. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
5. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
(a) She has poisoned herself after being jilted.
(b) She has frequent dizzy spells.
(c) She is losing vision in her right eye.
(d) She has a severe chest cough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
2. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
3. How many Jews are admitted into the high school in High School?
4. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
5. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)