|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Berko think the train stopped?
(a) He thinks the power of the Priest's faith stopped it.
(b) He thinks it was purely due to his own genius.
(c) He assumes it was just a coincidence.
(d) He was fated to live another year.
2. How is Noyach Tonkonog able to read a telegram about the upcoming pogrom?
(a) He accidentily sees it while making deliveries.
(b) He owns a printshop and is connected to officials.
(c) He has a close friend who is a Christian that gives it to him.
(d) He does not reveal how he sees the telegram.
3. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the pond.
(b) In the forest.
(c) Out in the field.
(d) In the stables.
4. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
(a) 200 rubles.
(b) 100 rubles.
(c) 400 rubles.
(d) 1000 rubles.
5. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
(a) She asleep when he gets home and won't wake to hear his news.
(b) She ignores Tevye as she is busy cooking.
(c) She is excited about that Tevye has become friends with Layzar.
(d) She is angry at him for being drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
2. Why was the son exempt from the draft in High School?
3. Who panics the most about the upcoming pogrom in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
4. Where does Aharon's son move so he can attend school?
5. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)