|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aharon's son move so he can attend school?
2. What does Yoyl Tashker do for a living?
(a) He is a government official.
(b) He owns a store.
(c) He is a moneylender and a landlord.
(d) He is a doctor.
3. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(b) Only water.
5. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(b) It begins to rain on him.
(c) He hears a woman crying.
(d) His horse decides to run off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
2. What does Itsik's mother call him for good luck?
3. Why does the 60-year-old man claim to hate reading the newspaper?
4. Where did the train accident happen in The MIracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
5. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)