|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
(a) She is indifferent to his announcement.
(b) She weeps and cannot be comforted.
(c) She is happy for Tevye and congratulates him.
(d) She is angry and yells at Tevye.
2. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
3. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
4. How many rubles does Tevye come home with, after saving the two women from the forest?
(a) 3 rubles.
(b) 53 rubles.
(c) 37 rubles.
(d) 137 rubles.
5. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(b) Civil Servant Exams.
(c) University Entrance Exams.
(d) He is studying to become a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tevye go to see Layzar Wolf in Today's Children?
2. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
3. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
4. Why does Aharon's business fall apart?
5. Why does Tevye envy the young man Yisro-eyl?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)