|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
(a) He is punished for not paying his taxes.
(b) The provinical governor has ordered all Jews to be expelled.
(c) His neighbors want to seize his land.
(d) It has been found out that his son-in-law Peppercorn is a revolutionary.
2. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
3. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She respects him, but doesn't really know him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She does not really like him.
4. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
(a) He goes to Mendl's mother-in-law and find him there.
(b) He asks around get is told his whereabouts.
(c) He runs into him by chance at the market.
(d) He waits at Mendl's favorite bar until he arrives.
5. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
(a) They did not know each other.
(b) They were best friends.
(c) They were brothers.
(d) They were cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
2. What class does the narrator generally take when he goes by trains?
3. How does Aharon's wife react when her son leaves school?
4. Who suggests Podhotzur as a spouse for Beilke?
5. Why won't Yoyl terminate Kompanyevitch's lease even though he greatly dislikes him?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)