|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
(a) He is missing an eye.
(b) He is an only son since the demise of his brother.
(c) He is a university student.
(d) He has poor health.
2. Who suggests Podhotzur as a spouse for Beilke?
(a) Podhotzur approaches Tevye himself.
(b) Golde does just before she dies.
(c) Motl does, as he is a client of his.
(d) The matchmaker Efrayim.
3. Where does Berko go after the train stops?
(a) He travels up the line.
(b) He spends the holiday with friends in Heysen.
(c) He returns home.
(d) He is taken to jail for starting the locamotive.
4. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
(a) He asks for Pan Sholem to bring him a gift.
(b) He asks for Pan Sholem to send news of his health.
(c) He asks for his story to be shared with his wife.
(d) He asks not to be included in one of his books.
5. How does the train eventually stop?
(a) Train engineers manage to put something on the tracks to stop it.
(b) It runs off track and crashes.
(c) It runs out of fuel.
(d) It loses momentum climbing a steep hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who panics the most about the upcoming pogrom in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
2. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
3. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
4. What items are Podhotzur's house full of?
5. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)