|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
(a) From his wife.
(b) They are his entire savings.
(c) From the wealthy manor owners.
(d) From his rabbi.
2. When Tevye meets the two women in the forest, which is not one of the things he offers to sell them?
(a) Some fine hunger pains.
(b) Tears to feel a soup bowl.
(c) A head full of scrambled brains.
(d) A week's supply of heartache.
3. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
(a) To avoid getting drafted into the army.
(b) To follow the love of his life.
(c) To start his career as a performer.
(d) To escape his abusive step-father.
4. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
5. Why does Tevye think that Podhotzur has summoned him to his house after his marriage to Beilke?
(a) He thinks Podhotzur will ask him to move in.
(b) He thinks Podhotzur wants to send him abroad.
(c) He thinks Podhotzur will offer him a job.
(d) He thinks Podhotzur wants to give him a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question about Mendle does Tevye ask Golde after he leaves their home?
2. Where does the Priest go after the train stopped?
3. Where does Aharon's son move so he can attend school?
4. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
5. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)