|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
(a) He is a university student.
(b) He is an only son since the demise of his brother.
(c) He has poor health.
(d) He is missing an eye.
2. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He owns a store.
(c) He is a tailor.
(d) He is a carpenter.
3. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
(b) She is indifferent to the match.
(c) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
(d) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
4. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
5. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
(a) To avoid getting drafted into the army.
(b) To escape his abusive step-father.
(c) To follow the love of his life.
(d) To start his career as a performer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
2. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
3. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
4. Why won't Yoyl terminate Kompanyevitch's lease even though he greatly dislikes him?
5. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)