|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the 60-year-old man claim to hate reading the newspaper?
(a) Because it is not his hometown newspaper.
(b) Because the newspaper depresses him.
(c) Because he is not a good reader.
(d) Because reading on the train gives him motion sickness.
2. What relief fund does Yoyl have to contribute to when he loses a bet?
(a) The Drozhne relief fund.
(b) The Avelikz education fund.
(c) The local emigration fund.
(d) The local orphanage.
3. What is the man from Lower Pereshchepena wearing?
(a) Army boots.
4. What does Berko do for a living?
(a) He is a mason.
(b) He is a tailor.
(c) He is a cantor.
(d) He makes vinegar.
5. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
2. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
3. What is Itsik short for?
4. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
5. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)