|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yoyl Tashker do for a living?
(a) He is a moneylender and a landlord.
(b) He owns a store.
(c) He is a government official.
(d) He is a doctor.
2. How did Etke die?
(a) She was poisoned by a neighbor.
(b) She committed suicide.
(c) She was trampled in a riot.
(d) She died of consumption.
3. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
(a) He is an only son since the demise of his brother.
(b) He is a university student.
(c) He has poor health.
(d) He is missing an eye.
4. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) He hears a woman crying.
(b) His horse decides to run off.
(c) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(d) It begins to rain on him.
5. What class does the narrator generally take when he goes by trains?
(a) Third class.
(b) First class.
(c) It is unknown.
(d) Second class.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
2. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
3. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
4. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
5. Which is NOT one of the towns connected by the Slowpoke Express?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)