|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Today's Children, pp. 35-53, Hodl, pp. 53-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Motl Komzoyl, who Tsaytl want to marry?
(a) He owns a store.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a carpenter.
(d) He is a tailor.
2. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
(a) 18 rubles.
(b) A goat.
(c) A new coat.
(d) A milk cow.
3. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(b) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(c) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(d) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
4. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
(a) He tells her Peppercorn has left her for another woman.
(b) He tells her Peppercorn has been injured.
(c) He tells her Peppercorn has died.
(d) He tells her Peppercorn is in jail.
5. What is Peppercorn studying for?
(a) He is studying to become a lawyer.
(b) He is studying to become a doctor.
(c) University Entrance Exams.
(d) Civil Servant Exams.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
2. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
3. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
4. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
5. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)