|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
(c) The Csar.
(d) The unfair market.
2. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
(d) His name is not given.
3. Who panics the most about the upcoming pogrom in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
(a) Everyone panics equally.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The rich.
(d) The poor.
4. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
(a) His daughter Tsaytl.
(b) His cousin.
(c) A hired housekeeper.
(d) His daughter Beilke.
5. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aharon's son get rid of his school hat?
2. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
3. What relationship do the saleswoman and the salesman on the train have in the Competitors?
4. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
5. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)