|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
2. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
3. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(b) It begins to rain on him.
(c) He hears a woman crying.
(d) His horse decides to run off.
4. Who is Gorky?
(a) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(b) An important literary figure.
(c) A revered Rabbi.
(d) The current prime minister.
5. Which city reports a cholera epidemic in the newspaper in A Game of Sixty-Six?
(b) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Moshke's insurance agent?
2. What is Peppercorn studying for?
3. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
4. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
5. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)