|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
(a) Restrictive school quotas for Jews.
(b) The Head Tax on Jews.
(c) The pogroms against Jews in their town.
(d) Conscription of Jews into the army.
2. What is the name of The Man from Buenos Aires's hometown?
3. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
(a) 600 rubles.
(b) 50 rubles.
(c) 100 rubles.
(d) 300 rubles.
4. Of the two salespeople described in Competitors, who has the lowest prices?
(a) It changes from day to day whose prices are lower.
(b) The woman's prices are always lower.
(c) The man's prices are generally lower.
(d) Both salespeople charge the exact same prices.
5. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
2. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
3. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
4. Why is Tevye expelled from the village in Lekh-Lekho?
5. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)