|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) In the forest.
(b) Out in the field.
(c) In the pond.
(d) In the stables.
2. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(b) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(c) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(d) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
3. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
(b) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
(c) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
(d) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
4. How much money does Moshke claim it takes to hire someone to "give the match a scratch?"
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 3 rubles.
(c) 300 rubles.
(d) 10 rubles.
5. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
(a) Kivke himself appears on the scene and everyone goes quiet.
(b) A unexpected pogrom breaks up the storytelling.
(c) The man did not know the ending.
(d) The man telling the story had to catch a train.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
2. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
3. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
4. What is the name of the happy man from Kodny?
5. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)