|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
(a) She marries another man, whom she does not love.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She decides to remain at home forever, helping her parents.
(d) She falls in love with another man.
2. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(d) Only water.
3. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
(a) The Jews mock her and call her a beauty queen.
(b) She finds out that her husband has died.
(c) Her basket is overturned and her merchandise spoiled.
(d) She is insulted by a goy.
4. Why does Aharon's business fall apart?
(a) His wife moves to Poland with the son and leaves him shorthanded.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He suffers anxiety about his son and is unable to work.
(d) He has spent all his money on bribes for his son.
5. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
2. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
3. What color of ties is Froike-Sheygetz partial to?
4. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
5. In the game of Sixty-six, what is trump?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)