|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
(a) His missing brother.
(b) His childhood home.
(c) A loyal dog.
(d) A wife.
2. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
(a) His name is not given.
3. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(b) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(c) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(d) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
4. What does the diamond dealer try to sell to the commercial traveler at the end of the Hard Luck?
(a) Diamond earrings.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A diamond ring.
5. What relief fund does Yoyl have to contribute to when he loses a bet?
(a) The Avelikz education fund.
(b) The local emigration fund.
(c) The local orphanage.
(d) The Drozhne relief fund.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
2. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
3. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
4. What is the name of Borodenko's village?
5. What is the name of the coachman who took Kivke to Germany?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)