|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(b) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(c) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
(d) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
2. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
(a) She is happy for Tevye and congratulates him.
(b) She is indifferent to his announcement.
(c) She is angry and yells at Tevye.
(d) She weeps and cannot be comforted.
3. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
(a) The claim she died of hunger.
(b) They claim she committed suicide.
(c) They claim she died in a fire started by Yoyl.
(d) They claim he beat her to death.
4. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
5. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
2. How is the thief able to take the case from the Diamond Dealer?
3. Where doe Beilke and Podhotzur go on their honeymoon?
4. How is Noyach Tonkonog able to read a telegram about the upcoming pogrom?
5. Why do Beilke and Podhotzur leave for America?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)