|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Yoyl terminate Kompanyevitch's lease even though he greatly dislikes him?
(a) Kompanyevitch pays on time.
(b) He is afraid Kompanyevitch would exact revenge on him.
(c) He likes having something to complain about.
(d) He has given his word as a gentleman not to.
2. How is Moshke alerted when his store burns down?
(a) He is given a telegram.
(b) A neighbor comes and finds him.
(c) He arrives home and sees the flames.
(d) His wife runs to tell him.
3. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
(a) To escape his abusive step-father.
(b) To avoid getting drafted into the army.
(c) To start his career as a performer.
(d) To follow the love of his life.
4. Who panics the most about the upcoming pogrom in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band?
(a) The poor.
(b) Everyone panics equally.
(c) The middle class.
(d) The rich.
5. How was Chvedka educated?
(a) He attending a University in Odessa.
(b) He had private tutors growing up.
(c) He is self-taught.
(d) He was educated abroad in Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Moshke has to pay to "keep his mouth shut?"
2. Which is NOT one of the names that the priest mistakes for Berko's name for in The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah?
3. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
4. What is the name of the secret police spy who informed on so many revolutionaries that is being discussed at Baranovich Station?
5. What relief fund does Yoyl have to contribute to when he loses a bet?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)