|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the man in It Doesn't Pay to Be Good adopt two children?
(a) Because he is childless.
(b) Because there was a tax break for adopting them.
(c) Because he thought they resembled him.
(d) Because he had an omen that he should adopt them.
2. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) Dairy merchandise.
(b) His daughter.
(c) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(d) A gift for Mendl.
3. What color of ties is Froike-Sheygetz partial to?
(a) Pale pink.
(c) Bright red.
4. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a delivery boy.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a scribe.
(d) He is a soldier.
5. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) One ruble a week.
(b) Half a ruble a day.
(c) One ruble a day.
(d) Three rubles a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
2. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
3. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
4. Who is Gorky?
5. What convinces the Jews of Bohopoli to become "poliakovs" or people work for the railroad?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)