|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
(b) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(c) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
(d) She wants to become a nun.
2. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
(a) To follow the love of his life.
(b) To avoid getting drafted into the army.
(c) To escape his abusive step-father.
(d) To start his career as a performer.
3. How much did Tevye get paid to drag logs from the forest to the train station every day?
(a) One ruble a day.
(b) One ruble a week.
(c) Half a ruble a day.
(d) Three rubles a day.
4. What was Kivke sentenced to run the gauntlet?
(a) For stealing vodka.
(b) For arguing religion.
(c) For trying to escape the draft.
(d) For failing to pay his head tax.
5. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
(a) A gift for Mendl.
(b) His daughter.
(c) The contract he signed with Mendl.
(d) Dairy merchandise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
2. How does Tevye find Mendl in Yehpuetz?
3. What dishes of Golde's does Tevye call "heaven on earth?"
4. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
5. What does Yoyl Tashker do for a living?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)