|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
(a) 18 rubles.
(b) A goat.
(c) A new coat.
(d) A milk cow.
2. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
3. Why does Aharon's son get rid of his school hat?
(a) He doesn't want others to know he is a student.
(b) He lost his hat playing a game.
(c) He has left school.
(d) The hat no longer fits his head.
4. Why does the 60-year-old man claim to hate reading the newspaper?
(a) Because it is not his hometown newspaper.
(b) Because reading on the train gives him motion sickness.
(c) Because he is not a good reader.
(d) Because the newspaper depresses him.
5. How does Beilke feel about Podhotzur before their marriage?
(a) She respects him, but doesn't really know him.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She does not really like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
2. Before her adoption, how is the girl Rayzl related to her adopted father?
3. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
4. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
5. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)