|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the gossips explain the death of Yoyl Tashker's wife?
(a) They claim she committed suicide.
(b) They claim he beat her to death.
(c) They claim she died in a fire started by Yoyl.
(d) The claim she died of hunger.
2. According to the narrator in The Happiest Man in All Kodny, when is the best time to travel by train?
3. What does the son score lowly on the second time he takes the exams in High School?
4. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
(a) He is a university student.
(b) He is an only son since the demise of his brother.
(c) He is missing an eye.
(d) He has poor health.
5. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
(a) They hide.
(b) The plan to attack before they are attacked.
(c) They offer bribes.
(d) The completely leave town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
2. What gift does the old woman offer to Tevye for bring her back to the dacha?
3. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
4. How does the Diamond dealer regard his ability to sell diamond?
5. Who suggests Podhotzur as a spouse for Beilke?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)