|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
(b) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(c) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(d) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
2. Where does Tevye find his horse after he has eaten dinner at the rich man's dacha?
(a) Out in the field.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In the pond.
(d) In the stables.
3. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(b) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
(c) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(d) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
4. How was Chvedka educated?
(a) He attending a University in Odessa.
(b) He is self-taught.
(c) He was educated abroad in Germany.
(d) He had private tutors growing up.
5. Which city reports a cholera epidemic in the newspaper in A Game of Sixty-Six?
(a) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
2. What is Itsik short for?
3. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
4. Who wrote a letter for the happy man from Kodny to take to the professor?
5. Who does Tevye blame primarily for the loss of his small fortune?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)