|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
2. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
(a) His horse smells something and darts after it.
(b) The axel breaks.
(c) A rodent crosses the road and frightens his horse.
(d) He falls asleep driving.
3. How much money does Kivke request from Kaminka for a dowry?
(a) 100 rubles.
(b) 400 rubles.
(c) 1000 rubles.
(d) 200 rubles.
4. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(a) Only water.
5. Why does the narrator choose to travel third class?
(a) Because it is not as crowded.
(b) Because he likes simple people.
(c) Because he likes saving money.
(d) Because it is easier to get a ticket last minute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
2. What is Peppercorn studying for?
3. How many Jews are admitted into the high school in High School?
4. What was the name of Rayzl's birth mother?
5. How do most people prepare for the pogrom?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)