|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Moshke had insurance before the place burned down?
(a) One day.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
2. What does the diamond dealer try to sell to the commercial traveler at the end of the Hard Luck?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) Diamond earrings.
(d) A bracelet.
3. How is Tevye related to Menachem Mendl?
(a) Mendl is married to his first cousin.
(b) They are first cousins.
(c) Mendl is his nephew.
(d) They are third cousins.
4. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
5. What does Yoyl Tashker do for a living?
(a) He is a government official.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a moneylender and a landlord.
(d) He owns a store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
2. How much money does Kivke request when he has been cheated by his father-in-law?
3. Why was the son exempt from the draft in High School?
4. What causes the saleswoman to sit down on her basket and cry into her shawl?
5. Where does Berko go after the train stops?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)