|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Yoyl terminate Kompanyevitch's lease even though he greatly dislikes him?
(a) He is afraid Kompanyevitch would exact revenge on him.
(b) He has given his word as a gentleman not to.
(c) Kompanyevitch pays on time.
(d) He likes having something to complain about.
2. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
(a) Throw something in front of the train to slow it.
(b) Make a jump for it.
(c) Pull the brake.
(d) Wait for help.
3. What relief fund does Yoyl have to contribute to when he loses a bet?
(a) The Avelikz education fund.
(b) The local orphanage.
(c) The Drozhne relief fund.
(d) The local emigration fund.
4. After the conversation with the other two Jews, what does the man from Pereshchepena do?
(a) He eats his breakfast.
(b) He goes back to sleep.
(c) He reads his prayer book.
(d) He smokes a cigarette.
5. What is Itsik short for?
(d) It is not an abhreviation of any name.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Yayl have to pay when he loses the bet?
2. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
3. What do Tevye's Christian neighbors call him?
4. What does the diamond dealer try to sell to the commercial traveler at the end of the Hard Luck?
5. What does the long-haired messenger tell Hodl?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)