|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
(b) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
(c) She is indifferent to the match.
(d) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
2. What do Tevye and Layzar drink during their meeting in Today's Children?
(a) Only water.
3. Why does Aharon's business fall apart?
(a) He has spent all his money on bribes for his son.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) His wife moves to Poland with the son and leaves him shorthanded.
(d) He suffers anxiety about his son and is unable to work.
4. What does the son score lowly on the second time he takes the exams in High School?
5. Why was the son exempt from the draft in High School?
(a) The father had already bribed the conscription officer.
(b) He had a heart condition.
(c) He was partly blind.
(d) He is an only son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the man in It Doesn't Pay to Be Good adopt two children?
2. What year does Tevye record it as being at the end of Hodl?
3. Why does Tevye's wagon run into a tree on the way to Yehpuetz in Tevye Blows a Small Fortune?
4. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
5. How much money does Moshke claim it takes to hire someone to "give the match a scratch?"
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)