|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Cossack in The Wedding That Came Without Its Band from?
2. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
3. Why does the thief claim to have no luck?
(a) He can never sell his stolen goods.
(b) He cannot support his family.
(c) He always gets caught.
(d) He can never find things to steal.
4. What type of coat does the narrator wear in High School?
(d) He wears no coat, only a heavy sweater.
5. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
(a) He ties it to his belt.
(b) He sews it into his breast pocket.
(c) He puts it in his hat.
(d) He hides it in his shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before her adoption, how is the girl Rayzl related to her adopted father?
2. Why isn't the end of Kivke's story disclosed?
3. Who does Tevye sell his house to?
4. How many Jews are admitted into the high school in High School?
5. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)