|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Russian priest from in The Miracle of Hoshana Rabbah?
2. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(b) She wants to become a nun.
(c) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
(d) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
3. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
(a) She is losing vision in her right eye.
(b) She has frequent dizzy spells.
(c) She has poisoned herself after being jilted.
(d) She has a severe chest cough.
4. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
(a) Conscription of Jews into the army.
(b) The Head Tax on Jews.
(c) The pogroms against Jews in their town.
(d) Restrictive school quotas for Jews.
5. On what holiday does Hodl tell her father she is going away?
(a) Hoshana Rabbah.
(b) Rosh Hoshanah.
(d) High Holy Days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
2. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
3. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
4. What is the name of the person that Moshke has to pay to "keep his mouth shut?"
5. What request does Tevye make from Pan Sholem Aleichem at the end of Tevye Strikes It Rich?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)