|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tevye think that Yankl should be fired as sexton of the Burial Society?
(a) He thinks Yankl steals from the graves.
(b) He thinks it is beneath Yankl's station.
(c) He thinks a humbler man should have the job.
(d) He thinks its unfair he eats and drinks at the public's expense.
2. Why does Tevye end up staying in Russia instead of going to the Holy Land?
(a) He becomes to sick to board the ship.
(b) He receives a note from Beilke asking him not to go.
(c) He finds he does not have paper needed to travel abroad.
(d) Motl dies and he stays to help Tsaytl.
3. Why was the son exempt from the draft in High School?
(a) He had a heart condition.
(b) He is an only son.
(c) He was partly blind.
(d) The father had already bribed the conscription officer.
4. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
5. What does the diamond dealer do to the young man who returns his case?
(a) He writes him a thank you letter.
(b) He doesn't thank him, just takes the case.
(c) He gives him a one hundred ruble reward.
(d) He gives him a kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the man from Kodny offer the professor to see his son?
2. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
3. When Tevye returns from his meeting with Layzar, how does Golde initially react?
4. How is the thief able to take the case from the Diamond Dealer?
5. How many times does Tevye count his money before he gives it to Mendl?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)