|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
2. Who does Golde have a dream about in Tevye Strikes It Rich that foreshadowed the milk cow Tevye was to receive?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) Her brother Kivke.
(c) Her Aunt Chaika.
(d) Her Grandmother Tsaytl.
3. What happens to Tevye when he stops to pray in the evening after hauling logs all day?
(a) It begins to rain on him.
(b) He finds a ruble on the ground.
(c) He hears a woman crying.
(d) His horse decides to run off.
4. What is the name of the town the two women are trying to get to?
5. How is Moshke alerted when his store burns down?
(a) His wife runs to tell him.
(b) He is given a telegram.
(c) A neighbor comes and finds him.
(d) He arrives home and sees the flames.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tevye take with him when he goes to Yehupetz to look for Mendl?
2. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
3. How much money does Menachem Mendl want Tevye to invest in the stocks in Chapter 2?
4. According to Tevye, what is a "dog's age ago"?
5. Where does Mendl hide Tevye's money so that no one would steal it from him on his journey?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)