Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Burnt Out, pp. 247-255, Hard Luck, pp. 255-259.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the entrance exam does the son initially fail in High School.
2. What service does Peppercorn give to Tevye in exchange for a hot meal?
(a) He repairs Tevye's roof.
(b) He gives lessons to Tevye's daughters.
(c) He keeps Tevye's books.
(d) He helps Tevye pack his wagon.
3. What is wrong with Itzikl Borodenko's daughter in The Happiest Man in All Kodny?
(a) She has poisoned herself after being jilted.
(b) She has frequent dizzy spells.
(c) She is losing vision in her right eye.
(d) She has a severe chest cough.
4. How does Golde feel about Peppercorn's marriage to Tevye's daugher Hodl?
(a) She is stunned that Tevye has allowed it.
(b) She is indifferent to the match.
(c) She likes Peppercorn and is pleased with the match.
(d) She refuses to acknowledge the wedding and mourns Hodl as dead.
5. Where did the happy man from Kodny get his rubles to offer the professor?
(a) They are his entire savings.
(b) From the wealthy manor owners.
(c) From his wife.
(d) From his rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Yoyl terminate Kompanyevitch's lease even though he greatly dislikes him?
2. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
3. What is the name of the contractor that arranges the bribe for the Heysen Merchant?
4. After the conversation with the other two Jews, what does the man from Pereshchepena do?
5. Why does the thief claim to have no luck?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)