Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slowpoke Express, pp. 184-186, The Miracle of Hoshanah Rabbah, pp. 186-194.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the conversation with the other two Jews, what does the man from Pereshchepena do?
(a) He goes back to sleep.
(b) He reads his prayer book.
(c) He smokes a cigarette.
(d) He eats his breakfast.
2. After losing his fortune, what is Tevye's hope for the future?
(a) He has no hope to ever become wealthy.
(b) He completely foreswares money and doesn't think about it anymore.
(c) He hopes to have his fund reinstated and continue in his exact station.
(d) He still hopes for better times and to become rich.
3. Who takes care of Tevye after his wife, Golde dies?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His daughter Beilke.
(c) His daughter Tsaytl.
(d) A hired housekeeper.
4. Why does Berko think the train stopped?
(a) He thinks the power of the Priest's faith stopped it.
(b) He thinks it was purely due to his own genius.
(c) He was fated to live another year.
(d) He assumes it was just a coincidence.
5. What does the priest want to do when he is trapped on the runaway locomotive with Berko?
(a) Pull the brake.
(b) Make a jump for it.
(c) Wait for help.
(d) Throw something in front of the train to slow it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the towns listed in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
2. How does Beilke react when Tevye tells her that he is leaving for Palestine?
3. What is the name of the coachman who took Kivke to Germany?
4. How does the Priest treat Berko after the train stops?
5. What are the two men discussing in Eighteen from Pereshchepena?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)