|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
(c) His name is not given.
2. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
(a) A loyal dog.
(b) His childhood home.
(c) His missing brother.
(d) A wife.
3. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
4. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
5. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
(a) She decides to remain at home forever, helping her parents.
(b) She falls in love with another man.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She marries another man, whom she does not love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Itsik short for?
2. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
3. Before her adoption, how is the girl Rayzl related to her adopted father?
4. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
5. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)