|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Chvedka educated?
(a) He attending a University in Odessa.
(b) He is self-taught.
(c) He had private tutors growing up.
(d) He was educated abroad in Germany.
2. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
(a) She decides to remain at home forever, helping her parents.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She marries another man, whom she does not love.
(d) She falls in love with another man.
3. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
4. What is Itsik short for?
(b) It is not an abhreviation of any name.
5. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Itsik's deceased brother.
2. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
3. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
4. What does Itsik's mother call him for good luck?
5. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)