|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(b) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
(c) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(d) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
2. In The Automatic Exemption where does the tall bearded Jew currently reside?
3. When the Man from Buenos Aires first emigrated to Buenos Aires what job does he take in the countryside?
(a) Repairing railroad tracks.
(b) Handling livestock.
(c) Collecting soil samples.
(d) Delivering the mail.
4. What was the name of Rayzl's birth mother?
5. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(b) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
(c) She wants to become a nun.
(d) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
2. What is the name of The Man from Buenos Aires's hometown?
3. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
4. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
5. What is Chvedka's profession?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)