|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
2. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
(a) She thinks he should throw himself at the Priest's feet and beg for pity.
(b) She thinks Tevye should intimidate the Priest and threaten to harm him.
(c) She wants Tevye to pretend to be interested in Christianity.
(d) She wants Tevye to bribe the Priest with money.
3. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(b) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
(c) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(d) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
4. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
(a) He has poor health.
(b) He is a university student.
(c) He is an only son since the demise of his brother.
(d) He is missing an eye.
5. How did Etke die?
(a) She committed suicide.
(b) She was trampled in a riot.
(c) She died of consumption.
(d) She was poisoned by a neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
2. What was the name of Itsik's deceased brother.
3. What is Itsik short for?
4. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
5. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)