|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
(a) To start his career as a performer.
(b) To follow the love of his life.
(c) To avoid getting drafted into the army.
(d) To escape his abusive step-father.
2. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
(b) She wants to become a nun.
(c) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(d) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
3. Why did the man in It Doesn't Pay to Be Good adopt two children?
(a) Because he thought they resembled him.
(b) Because he had an omen that he should adopt them.
(c) Because there was a tax break for adopting them.
(d) Because he is childless.
4. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
5. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
(a) He has poor health.
(b) He is missing an eye.
(c) He is a university student.
(d) He is an only son since the demise of his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
2. Before her adoption, how is the girl Rayzl related to her adopted father?
3. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
4. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
5. How was Chvedka educated?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)