|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before her adoption, how is the girl Rayzl related to her adopted father?
(a) She was his niece through marriage.
(b) She was his cousin.
(c) She was not related to him.
(d) She was his second cousin.
2. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
(a) He is an only son since the demise of his brother.
(b) He is a university student.
(c) He is missing an eye.
(d) He has poor health.
3. In The Automatic Exemption where does the tall bearded Jew currently reside?
4. Why did the man in It Doesn't Pay to Be Good adopt two children?
(a) Because there was a tax break for adopting them.
(b) Because he is childless.
(c) Because he thought they resembled him.
(d) Because he had an omen that he should adopt them.
5. What was the name of Rayzl's birth mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Itsik's deceased brother.
2. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
3. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
4. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
5. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)