|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Etke die?
(a) She committed suicide.
(b) She was trampled in a riot.
(c) She was poisoned by a neighbor.
(d) She died of consumption.
2. How was Chvedka educated?
(a) He was educated abroad in Germany.
(b) He had private tutors growing up.
(c) He attending a University in Odessa.
(d) He is self-taught.
3. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
4. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
(a) Rich Jews are fleeing the city to escape riots and pogroms.
(b) Many Jews have been forcefully relocated to Boiberik.
(c) There is a cholera infestation in Odessa driving people to Boiberik.
(d) Many Jews are moving to Boiberik for economic opportunities.
5. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
2. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
3. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
4. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
5. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)