|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
(b) She wants to become a nun.
(c) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
(d) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
2. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
(a) He refuses to speak to her and leaves the scene.
(b) He gives her some money as a wedding gift.
(c) He listens to her, but refuses to forgive her.
(d) He forgives her, but tells her she is unwelcome at home.
3. Why did the man in It Doesn't Pay to Be Good adopt two children?
(a) Because he is childless.
(b) Because he had an omen that he should adopt them.
(c) Because he thought they resembled him.
(d) Because there was a tax break for adopting them.
4. How did Etke die?
(a) She was poisoned by a neighbor.
(b) She died of consumption.
(c) She was trampled in a riot.
(d) She committed suicide.
5. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
2. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
3. What was the name of Rayzl's birth mother?
4. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
5. How was Chvedka educated?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)