|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(b) She wants to become a nun.
(c) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
(d) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
2. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
3. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
4. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
(a) They were cousins.
(b) They did not know each other.
(c) They were best friends.
(d) They were brothers.
5. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
(a) His missing brother.
(b) A loyal dog.
(c) A wife.
(d) His childhood home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
2. When the Man from Buenos Aires first emigrated to Buenos Aires what job does he take in the countryside?
3. How did Etke die?
4. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
5. What is Itsik short for?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)