|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Rayzl's birth mother?
2. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(b) She wants to become a nun.
(c) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
(d) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
3. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
(d) His name is not given.
4. Before her adoption, how is the girl Rayzl related to her adopted father?
(a) She was his cousin.
(b) She was not related to him.
(c) She was his niece through marriage.
(d) She was his second cousin.
5. Who is Gorky?
(a) An important literary figure.
(b) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(c) The current prime minister.
(d) A revered Rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Chvedka educated?
2. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
3. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
4. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
5. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)