|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
(a) He is a university student.
(b) He has poor health.
(c) He is an only son since the demise of his brother.
(d) He is missing an eye.
2. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
3. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
(b) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
(c) She wants to become a nun.
(d) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
4. Who is Gorky?
(a) A revered Rabbi.
(b) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
(c) An important literary figure.
(d) The current prime minister.
5. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
2. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
3. What is Chvedka's profession?
4. What was the name of Rayzl's birth mother?
5. Why did the man in It Doesn't Pay to Be Good adopt two children?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)