|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
(a) He is an only son since the demise of his brother.
(b) He is missing an eye.
(c) He has poor health.
(d) He is a university student.
2. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(c) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
3. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
(a) To avoid getting drafted into the army.
(b) To start his career as a performer.
(c) To follow the love of his life.
(d) To escape his abusive step-father.
4. What does Golde suggest that Tevye do in order to get the Priest to allow him to see Chava?
(a) She thinks he should throw himself at the Priest's feet and beg for pity.
(b) She thinks Tevye should intimidate the Priest and threaten to harm him.
(c) She wants Tevye to bribe the Priest with money.
(d) She wants Tevye to pretend to be interested in Christianity.
5. What does Shprintze call Ahronchik?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
2. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
3. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
4. Who is Gorky?
5. What is the name of The Man from Buenos Aires's hometown?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)