|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
2. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
3. What language does Paysi learn as a youth in addition to his own?
4. Why did the man in It Doesn't Pay to Be Good adopt two children?
(a) Because he had an omen that he should adopt them.
(b) Because he is childless.
(c) Because there was a tax break for adopting them.
(d) Because he thought they resembled him.
5. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
(a) His gold pocketwatch.
(b) His thick billfold.
(c) His ebony cane.
(d) His diamond ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Etke die?
2. What was the name of Rayzl's birth mother?
3. What does Itsik's mother call him for good luck?
4. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
5. What is the name of the cantor's daughter who committed suicide?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)