|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
2. How was Chvedka educated?
(a) He attending a University in Odessa.
(b) He was educated abroad in Germany.
(c) He is self-taught.
(d) He had private tutors growing up.
3. What does Golde prepare for Ahronchik and his friend on their visit over the holiday to Tevye's house?
(d) She refuses to make anything because it is the holiday.
4. What is Itsik short for?
(d) It is not an abhreviation of any name.
5. Who is Gorky?
(a) A revered Rabbi.
(b) The current prime minister.
(c) An important literary figure.
(d) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
2. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
3. What does The Man from Buenos Aires hope to find in his hometown?
4. What does Tevye do when he meets Chava in the forest after her marriage?
5. When the Man from Buenos Aires first emigrated to Buenos Aires what job does he take in the countryside?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)