|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator and the Man from Buenos Aires drink for lunch?
2. How was Paysi's birth father related to his adopted father?
(a) They were brothers.
(b) They were best friends.
(c) They did not know each other.
(d) They were cousins.
3. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
(a) His thick billfold.
(b) His diamond ring.
(c) His ebony cane.
(d) His gold pocketwatch.
4. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
5. Who is Gorky?
(a) A revered Rabbi.
(b) The current prime minister.
(c) An important literary figure.
(d) The leader of the revolutionary movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Man from Buenos Aires first emigrated to Buenos Aires what job does he take in the countryside?
2. What is the name of the town where the Man from Buenos Aires gets a job leading around a blind cantor?
3. Why does the Man from Buenos Aires run away from home at a young age?
4. Why is there a sudden influx in the population of Boiberik in Shprintze?
5. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)