|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Automatic Exemption where does the tall bearded Jew currently reside?
2. What is Chvedka's profession?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a scribe.
(c) He is a delivery boy.
(d) He is a soldier.
3. How did Etke die?
(a) She died of consumption.
(b) She was trampled in a riot.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She was poisoned by a neighbor.
4. What does Shprintze ultimately do after she is heartbroken by Ahronchik?
(a) She falls in love with another man.
(b) She decides to remain at home forever, helping her parents.
(c) She marries another man, whom she does not love.
(d) She commits suicide.
5. What is the name of the Man from Buenos Aires?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days do Tevye and Golde mourn Chava when they realize she isn't coming home?
2. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
3. What is Itsik short for?
4. How many partners does the Man from Buenos Aires have?
5. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)