|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Automatic Exemption, pp. 229-238, It Doesn't Pay to Be Good, pp. 238-.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should Itsik have an automatic exemption from the draft?
(a) He has poor health.
(b) He is an only son since the demise of his brother.
(c) He is a university student.
(d) He is missing an eye.
2. Why is Chava in the priest's custody?
(a) She wants to become a nun.
(b) She has agreed to marry a Christian.
(c) She is being punished for vandalizing the church.
(d) Tevye has asked the priest to help educate her.
3. In The Automatic Exemption, what place is the tall bearded Jew originally from?
4. Where is Ahronchik and his mother from?
5. In The Automatic Exemption where does the tall bearded Jew currently reside?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times in total does Itsik have to go before the draft board?
2. What does the Man from Buenos Aires show the narrator to prove his wealth?
3. What is the name of The Man from Buenos Aires's hometown?
4. What is Itsik short for?
5. What is the name of the boy, who Etke reads the book Sanine with?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)