|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Vera visit in hospitals in Chapter 9?
2. What was Vera ill with after returning from Italy?
3. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
4. Who mainly was treated at the hospital Vera began working at in Chapter 7?
5. What was the name of the feminist campaign group that Vera was a member of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the social classes in England during this time period, particularly the social class in which Brittain was a part. How did her social class affect her education and time during the war? How did it influence the views of her parents and others around her?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of ambition in the autobiography Testament of Youth. What are some examples of ambition in the book? Was Brittain an ambitious person? Why or why not? What were her goals and dreams? How did she go about achieving them, and was she successful?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the struggles faced by Brittain in the book. What struggles did she face in regards to her education? The war? Her family? Her writing?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)