|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who looked down on the V.A.D.s at the civilian hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) The nurses.
(b) The doctors.
(c) The patients.
(d) The administration.
2. Where did Vera live while working at the civilian hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) In a shared flat.
(b) In a mansion.
(c) In a cottage.
(d) In the hospital basement.
3. What was the name of the hospital where Vera worked at her foreign post?
(a) St. Michael's.
(b) St. Bernard's.
(c) St. Sebastian's.
(d) St. George's.
4. How did Vera think Winifred viewed her?
(a) As someone to share secrets with.
(b) As someone to brainstorm with.
(c) As someone to manipulate.
(d) As someone to make fun of.
5. How many weeks did Vera spend travelling through Europe?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what did the letters from Etaples tell Vera?
2. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
3. Whose grave did Vera find in France?
4. In Chapter 10, in which month did Vera and her flatmate leave for a European trip?
5. In what month did Vera leave Millbank?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Vera travel to Malta? What worried Vera during her journey to Malta?
2. How did Vera travel back to England for a visit in Chapter 7?
3. What was life at Etaples like for Vera?
4. What controversy did Vera become involved in in Chapter 10. Who did she meet as a result?
5. What was Vera's first assignment upon arriving at the hospital in France?
6. After returning from Europe, what was Vera's main source of income? What were Vera's career ambitions?
7. What was the title of Vera's published novel and what was it about?
8. In Chapter 8, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
9. Who did Vera clash with in Chapter 10?
10. Why was Edward agitated in Chapter 8?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)