|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera call her new roommate in Chapter 8?
(a) Red-haired D.
(b) Red-haired S.
(c) Red-haired F.
(d) Red-haired M.
2. What was the name of the town Vera was sent to for her next nursing assignment?
3. Who did Sir Percy Harris work for?
(a) The British military.
(b) The London County Council.
(c) The League of Nations.
(d) The London Mayor's office.
4. What did a cable that Vera received in Chapter 7 say?
(a) That Edward had been injured.
(b) That Edward had run away from his regiment.
(c) That Vera's father was ill.
(d) That Victor had been seriously wounded.
5. Legislation was being passed in England for what purpose around 1919?
(a) To make conscription illegal.
(b) To reform the British school system.
(c) For better equality between men and women.
(d) To ban alcohol consumption.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera spend a lot of time thinking about after the Armistice?
2. What kind of housing did Vera have with her new nursing assignment in Chapter 8?
3. Where did Vera meet with Oswaldo Giacoma?
4. Where did Vera and Winifred find a new flat?
5. What did Vera and Winifred often have to do because of their jobs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Vera pursue her interest in writing in Chapter 10?
2. How did Vera travel to Malta? What worried Vera during her journey to Malta?
3. How did Vera travel back to England for a visit in Chapter 7?
4. What became of Vera's friends Victor and Geoffrey in Chapter 7?
5. What did Vera find out when she reapplied for foreign service in Chapter 9?
6. What legislation was passed in England around 1919? How did Vera benefit from this?
7. What was Vera's first assignment upon arriving at the hospital in France?
8. On what topic did Vera become an accomplished speaker? How in-demand was she as a lecturer?
9. What controversy did Vera become involved in in Chapter 10. Who did she meet as a result?
10. After returning from Europe, what was Vera's main source of income? What were Vera's career ambitions?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)