|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vera live while working at the civilian hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) In a mansion.
(b) In a shared flat.
(c) In the hospital basement.
(d) In a cottage.
2. In Chapter 9, what did the letters from Etaples tell Vera?
(a) That she had left some of her belongings behind.
(b) That the camp had been bombed.
(c) That she had to return immediately.
(d) That the nurses there had all become ill.
3. For how many years did Vera lecture on her specialist subject?
(a) More than five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Only one year.
(d) More than three years.
4. Whose grave did Vera find in France?
(b) Her cousin's.
5. What was the name of the civilian hospital Vera was assigned to in Chapter 9?
(a) St. Augustus Hospital.
(b) St. Mary's.
(c) St. Jude's.
(d) St. Paul's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera feel she had to lecture about?
2. What did Vera experience for the first time while she was in London in Chapter 8?
3. What did Vera and Winifred often have to do because of their jobs?
4. What did Vera have published in Chapter 10?
5. In which month did Vera depart for England in Chapter 8?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)