|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera feel she had to lecture about?
2. After her brother's death, what did Vera lose interest in?
(a) The war.
3. In Chapter 11, what is said to have been spreading through Europe?
(a) Anti-British feelings.
4. What did Vera make notes for in Chapter 10?
(a) A novel she intended to write.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A letter of protest.
(d) A speech at the university.
5. Where did Vera give a lecture in Chapter 11?
(a) St. Monica's.
(d) The 1st London General Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a charlady?
2. What did Sir Percy Harris want to hire Vera as?
3. Who helped Vera publish her work?
4. Where did Vera live while working at the civilian hospital in Chapter 9?
5. Why did Vera and Betty grow apart in Chapter 7?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)