|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Vera ill with after returning from Italy?
(b) Food poisoning.
2. What kind of housing did Vera have with her new nursing assignment in Chapter 8?
(a) A flat.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A hut.
(d) An inn.
3. What did Vera and Winifred often have to do because of their jobs?
(a) Stay out overnight.
(b) Attend fancy parties.
(c) Stay awake for days.
(d) Interview prisoners.
4. For how many years did Vera lecture on her specialist subject?
(a) Only one year.
(b) Two years.
(c) More than three years.
(d) More than five years.
5. In Chapter 11, what is said to have been spreading through Europe?
(c) Anti-British feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did Vera leave Millbank?
2. In which month did Vera depart for England in Chapter 8?
3. Where did Vera spend a lot of time after the Armistice?
4. What was the title of Vera's published novel?
5. Why did Vera and Betty grow apart in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did students who had been involved with the war find hard to adjust to at Oxford?
2. Why did Vera and Betty grow apart in Malta?
3. Who did Vera clash with in Chapter 10?
4. Why was Edward agitated in Chapter 8?
5. What was Vera's first assignment upon arriving at the hospital in France?
6. Who was Sir Percy Harris? What position did he offer Vera?
7. How did Vera pursue her interest in writing in Chapter 10?
8. In Chapter 8, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
9. What legislation was passed in England around 1919? How did Vera benefit from this?
10. How did Vera travel to Malta? What worried Vera during her journey to Malta?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)