|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of organization did Vera and Winifred join in Chapter 11?
(a) A revolutionary organization.
(b) A liberal organization.
(c) A fascist organization.
(d) A conservative organization.
2. How long did Vera spend submitting her first novel to publishers?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
3. Legislation was being passed in England for what purpose around 1919?
(a) To ban alcohol consumption.
(b) To reform the British school system.
(c) For better equality between men and women.
(d) To make conscription illegal.
4. After her brother's death, what did Vera publish?
(a) A novel.
(b) Magazine articles about Malta.
(c) A book of verse.
(d) A collection of short stories.
5. Which exam did Vera pass in Chapter 10?
(a) Practical Nursing.
(c) Modern Art.
(d) English Literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship did Vera and Betty take to their foreign post?
2. What is a charlady?
3. Where did Vera and Winifred find a new flat?
4. What worried Vera during her voyage to her foreign post?
5. Where did Vera take her mother after returning to England in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Vera travel to Malta? What worried Vera during her journey to Malta?
2. What did students who had been involved with the war find hard to adjust to at Oxford?
3. What controversy did Vera become involved in in Chapter 10. Who did she meet as a result?
4. What legislation was passed in England around 1919? How did Vera benefit from this?
5. How did Vera pursue her interest in writing in Chapter 10?
6. After returning from Europe, what was Vera's main source of income? What were Vera's career ambitions?
7. What was the title of Vera's published novel and what was it about?
8. What news did Vera receive from Etaples in Chapter 9?
9. Why was Edward agitated in Chapter 8?
10. How did the process of getting their novels published go for Vera and Winifred?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)