|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the town Vera was sent to for her next nursing assignment?
2. What did Vera hope to find when she went to Europe?
(a) The portrait of Roland.
(b) Edward's grave.
(c) Her family's ancestral home.
(d) The spot where her hospital had been.
3. Who died while Vera was back in England in Chapter 7?
4. After her brother's death, what did Vera lose interest in?
(d) The war.
5. Who did Vera live with after finishing school?
(b) Roland's parents.
(c) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what idea had Vera more or less accepted?
2. What did Vera experience for the first time while she was in London in Chapter 8?
3. What ship did Vera and Betty take to their foreign post?
4. Who did Vera spend a lot of her time with after the Armistice?
5. How did Vera do on her first exams in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was life at Etaples like for Vera?
2. How did Vera pursue her interest in writing in Chapter 10?
3. After the Armistice, what did Vera spend a lot of time thinking about?
4. Who did Vera clash with in Chapter 10?
5. What did Roland's mother help Vera to do in Chapter 9?
6. Where did Vera and Winifred decide to travel to in Chapter 11 and why?
7. What did Vera hope to find on her European trip?
8. How did Vera travel to Malta? What worried Vera during her journey to Malta?
9. Why did Vera and Betty grow apart in Malta?
10. What was the title of Vera's published novel and what was it about?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)