|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera experience for the first time while she was in London in Chapter 8?
(a) A wartime rally.
(b) A bombing raid.
(c) A meeting with a publisher.
2. What kind of rules still existed at Vera's school?
(a) Rules about which classes women could take.
(b) Rules about women playing sports.
(c) Rules about students holding down jobs.
(d) Rules about the fraternization of males and females.
3. In Chapter 8, where did Edward indicate he may be sent to fight?
4. What was Vera ill with after returning from Italy?
(b) Food poisoning.
5. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
(a) There was heavy fighting nearby.
(b) Vera had the flu.
(c) Vera had broken her leg.
(d) Vera was needed at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera want a career as?
2. Legislation was being passed in England for what purpose around 1919?
3. How did Vera think Winifred viewed her?
4. What did Vera spend a lot of time thinking about after the Armistice?
5. After her brother's death, what did Vera publish?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)