|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Sir Percy Harris work for?
(a) The British military.
(b) The London County Council.
(c) The League of Nations.
(d) The London Mayor's office.
2. For how many years did Vera lecture on her specialist subject?
(a) More than five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Only one year.
(d) More than three years.
3. Who died while Vera was back in England in Chapter 7?
4. What did Vera's school allow for the first time after the war?
(a) Female team sports.
(b) Male-female debates.
(c) Scholarships for low income students.
(d) Female students wearing trousers.
5. In Chapter 7, who died in April?
Short Answer Questions
1. What worried Vera during her voyage to her foreign post?
2. What was Vera's published novel about?
3. Where did Vera live while working at the civilian hospital in Chapter 9?
4. After Malta, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
5. What was the name of the hospital where Vera worked at her foreign post?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news did Vera receive from Etaples in Chapter 9?
2. Where did Vera live while working at St. Jude's?
3. In Chapter 11, what were Vera's thoughts on marriage?
4. What did Vera find out when she reapplied for foreign service in Chapter 9?
5. What became of Vera's friends Victor and Geoffrey in Chapter 7?
6. Who did Vera clash with in Chapter 10?
7. On what topic did Vera become an accomplished speaker? How in-demand was she as a lecturer?
8. What was Vera's first assignment upon arriving at the hospital in France?
9. How did the process of getting their novels published go for Vera and Winifred?
10. After the Armistice, what did Vera spend a lot of time thinking about?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)