|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vera take a teaching job?
(c) South Kensington.
2. What subject did Vera switch to when she returned to Somerville?
(d) French language.
3. What was the name of the feminist campaign group that Vera was a member of?
(a) The Six Point Group.
(b) Women's Social and Political Union.
(c) The London Suffragettes.
(d) Women for England.
4. What did Vera's school allow for the first time after the war?
(a) Female team sports.
(b) Scholarships for low income students.
(c) Male-female debates.
(d) Female students wearing trousers.
5. Where did Vera give a lecture in Chapter 11?
(a) St. Monica's.
(d) The 1st London General Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Vera visit in hospitals in Chapter 9?
2. Who did Vera get to meet as a result of her writing?
3. What was the title of Vera's published novel?
4. In what month did Vera leave Millbank?
5. After her brother's death, what did Vera publish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Vera clash with in Chapter 10?
2. How did Vera travel to Malta? What worried Vera during her journey to Malta?
3. Why did Vera and Betty grow apart in Malta?
4. What was the title of Vera's published novel and what was it about?
5. How did the process of getting their novels published go for Vera and Winifred?
6. In Chapter 11, what were Vera's thoughts on marriage?
7. What did Roland's mother help Vera to do in Chapter 9?
8. What controversy did Vera become involved in in Chapter 10. Who did she meet as a result?
9. Who was Sir Percy Harris? What position did he offer Vera?
10. What did students who had been involved with the war find hard to adjust to at Oxford?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)