|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Malta, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
2. Which ward was Vera assigned to in Chapter 8?
(a) The British ward.
(b) The German prisoner ward.
(c) The pediatric ward.
(d) The civilian ward.
3. Who died while Vera was back in England in Chapter 7?
4. What did Vera want a career as?
(a) An activist.
(b) A lecturer.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A writer.
5. What did Vera find out when she reapplied for foreign service in Chapter 9?
(a) That the rules had changed.
(b) That she would be shipped out immediately.
(c) That she was banned.
(d) That she had to take another nursing course.
Short Answer Questions
1. What got lost in Chapter 8?
2. What did Vera make notes for in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 11, what idea had Vera more or less accepted?
4. What did Vera call her new roommate in Chapter 8?
5. What did Vera's school allow for the first time after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Vera pursue her interest in writing in Chapter 10?
2. Why was Edward agitated in Chapter 8?
3. What was life at Etaples like for Vera?
4. What legislation was passed in England around 1919? How did Vera benefit from this?
5. What became of Vera's friends Victor and Geoffrey in Chapter 7?
6. Where did Vera live while working at St. Jude's?
7. On what topic did Vera become an accomplished speaker? How in-demand was she as a lecturer?
8. What did Vera find out when she reapplied for foreign service in Chapter 9?
9. Why did Vera and Betty grow apart in Malta?
10. Where did Vera and Winifred decide to travel to in Chapter 11 and why?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)