|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who mainly was treated at the hospital Vera began working at in Chapter 7?
(a) Patients with little chance of survival.
(b) Civilian patients.
(c) Torpedo attack survivors.
(d) Bombing victims.
2. Legislation was being passed in England for what purpose around 1919?
(a) To reform the British school system.
(b) To ban alcohol consumption.
(c) To make conscription illegal.
(d) For better equality between men and women.
3. Where did Vera and Winifred decide to travel together?
(a) Wales and Ireland.
(d) Central Europe.
4. Where did Vera spend a lot of time after the Armistice?
5. Where was Queen Alexandra's Hospital located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Betty and Vera assigned to duty in Chapter 7?
2. How did Vera travel back to England in Chapter 7?
3. What did Vera have published in Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 8, where did Edward indicate he may be sent to fight?
5. In what month did Vera leave Millbank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Vera hope to find on her European trip?
2. What was the title of Vera's published novel and what was it about?
3. How did Vera pursue her interest in writing in Chapter 10?
4. Why did Vera and Betty grow apart in Malta?
5. How did Vera travel to Malta? What worried Vera during her journey to Malta?
6. How did the process of getting their novels published go for Vera and Winifred?
7. On what topic did Vera become an accomplished speaker? How in-demand was she as a lecturer?
8. What did Oxford allow for the first time after the war, and what did Vera think of this?
9. What became of Vera's friends Victor and Geoffrey in Chapter 7?
10. In Chapter 8, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)