|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Vera do on her first exams in Chapter 10?
(a) She didn't do as well as she had hoped.
(b) She failed.
(c) She finished top of her class.
(d) Not as well as Winifred.
2. In Chapter 11, what idea had Vera more or less accepted?
(a) That she would work in politics instead of writing.
(b) That she would be a spinster.
(c) That her lecturing career was over.
(d) That she would never publish a book.
3. Who did Sir Percy Harris work for?
(a) The London Mayor's office.
(b) The British military.
(c) The London County Council.
(d) The League of Nations.
4. What did Vera call her new roommate in Chapter 8?
(a) Red-haired M.
(b) Red-haired D.
(c) Red-haired S.
(d) Red-haired F.
5. What did Vera spend a lot of time thinking about after the Armistice?
(a) Travelling in Europe.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Whether to go back to Oxford.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what topic did Vera become an accomplished lecturer?
2. In Chapter 9, what did the letters from Etaples tell Vera?
3. What was Vera ill with after returning from Italy?
4. Why did Vera and Winifred's charlady quit?
5. What was Vera's published novel about?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)