|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
(a) Letters to penpals around the world.
(c) Newspaper articles.
(d) Letters to politicians.
2. How many women did Vera share a room with at the hostel?
3. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
(a) In August.
(b) In September.
(c) In June.
(d) In November.
4. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Participate in political protests.
(b) Read the newspaper.
(c) Write to politicians.
(d) Go abroad to study.
5. Where did Vera receive an appointment to work at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Westminster Hospital.
(b) The Royal London Hospital.
(c) King's College Hospital.
(d) The 1st London General Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
2. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
3. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
4. What did Vera often do at the hospital?
5. Where was Roland's family estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what is said to have occurred beginning in July, and how did this affect Vera's family?
2. What did Vera agonize over in Chapter 4?
3. Why did Vera consider taking a leave from her schooling in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 5, what happened to Vera one day while working at the hospital? What did Vera do while on leave from work?
5. Who did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
6. Why wasn't Mina eager to join Vera as a nurse in London?
7. What was Vera's childhood like? What did she like to do as a child?
8. What did Vera decide to do after her contract at the hospital ended in Chapter 6?
9. What were Vera's living arrangements when she started working at the 1st London General Hospital?
10. What did Vera's father tell her at the end of Chapter 2? How did Edward respond to this?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)