|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(b) The feminist movement.
(d) The civil rights movement.
2. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
(a) On the day WWI began.
(b) Two weeks before WWI began.
(c) One month before WWI began.
(d) Four days before WWI began.
3. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Participate in political protests.
(b) Write to politicians.
(c) Read the newspaper.
(d) Go abroad to study.
4. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
(a) Edward being lost at sea.
(b) Roland dying in France.
(c) London being bombed.
(d) Her wedding.
5. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
(b) German measles.
(c) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
2. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
3. Where was Edward's regiment sent in Chapter 4?
4. What did Vera volunteer for in Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of Vera's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Vera's father tell her at the end of Chapter 2? How did Edward respond to this?
2. Why was Edward not able to enlist in the military when he wanted to? Why was Roland rejected by the military at first?
3. Who were Vera's two friends at boarding school?
4. What did Vera have a dream about in Chapter 4?
5. What did Vera agonize over in Chapter 4?
6. What did Vera decide to do after her contract at the hospital ended in Chapter 6?
7. In Chapter 6, what is said to have occurred beginning in July, and how did this affect Vera's family?
8. What was Vera's family background? How did her parents meet?
9. Why was Vera allowed to attend University in Chapter 2?
10. What was Vera's childhood like? What did she like to do as a child?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)