Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera often do at the hospital?
(a) Set bones.
(b) Counseled patients.
(c) Stitched up wounds.
(d) Prepared dressing trays.
2. Where did Vera's parents move to from Buxton?
3. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
(a) At a gallery.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the chapel.
(d) At her aunt's home.
4. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) Vera's grandmother.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
5. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
(a) The Battle of Lone Pine.
(b) The Battle of Guillemont.
(c) The Battle of Loos.
(d) The Battle of Ypres.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
2. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
3. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
4. Why did the length of Vera's letters to Roland decrease?
5. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Sir Percy Harris? What position did he offer Vera?
2. How did the process of getting their novels published go for Vera and Winifred?
3. Who did Vera clash with in Chapter 10?
4. After returning from Europe, what was Vera's main source of income? What were Vera's career ambitions?
5. What was often the topic of conversation when Vera spoke to Edward and wrote to Roland?
6. Why was Vera ridiculed by the locals in Buxton in Chapter 2?
7. Where did Vera and Winifred decide to travel to in Chapter 11 and why?
8. Why was Vera allowed to attend University in Chapter 2?
9. In Chapter 6, what is said to have occurred beginning in July, and how did this affect Vera's family?
10. How did Vera travel to Malta? What worried Vera during her journey to Malta?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)