|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
(a) First aid.
(b) Veterinary care.
(c) Driving an automobile.
(d) Child care.
2. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
(a) Letters to penpals around the world.
(b) Newspaper articles.
(d) Letters to politicians.
3. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
(b) Show jumping.
(c) Field hockey.
4. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
(a) An academic study camp.
(b) A military camp.
(c) A fishing camp.
(d) A boy scout camp.
5. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 6, what did Vera tell the Principal at Somerville?
3. Where did Vera's parents move to from Buxton?
4. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
5. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
Short Essay Questions
1. After returning from Europe, what was Vera's main source of income? What were Vera's career ambitions?
2. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
3. Where did Vera meet Roland when he returned to England in Chapter 4? What happened on their train journey?
4. What did Vera's father tell her at the end of Chapter 2? How did Edward respond to this?
5. What did Oxford allow for the first time after the war, and what did Vera think of this?
6. What did Vera do to contribute to the war effort in Chapter 4?
7. How did the process of getting their novels published go for Vera and Winifred?
8. Where did Vera and Winifred travel to for work in Chapter 12?
9. What did Vera agonize over in Chapter 4?
10. What was Mrs. Heath Jones's influence on Vera?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)