|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was spoiled.
(b) That she was clever.
(c) That she was charming.
(d) That she was timid.
2. Where was Edward's regiment sent in Chapter 4?
3. When was Vera's nursing contract with the 1st London General set to expire?
4. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(c) The feminist movement.
(d) The civil rights movement.
5. How long were Vera and Betty in the hospital due to their illness?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was evident from the way Vera worked after Roland died?
2. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
3. Why did Vera's father retire?
4. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
5. Whom did Vera become closer to after Roland died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Vera meet Roland when he returned to England in Chapter 4? What happened on their train journey?
2. What was often the topic of conversation when Vera spoke to Edward and wrote to Roland?
3. What was Vera's childhood like? What did she like to do as a child?
4. What did Vera find out when she returned home to Buxton from Lowestoft?
5. Why wasn't Mina eager to join Vera as a nurse in London?
6. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
7. In Chapter 6, what is said to have occurred beginning in July, and how did this affect Vera's family?
8. Why was Edward not able to enlist in the military when he wanted to? Why was Roland rejected by the military at first?
9. What did Vera's father tell her at the end of Chapter 2? How did Edward respond to this?
10. Who did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)