|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
(a) Publishing industry functions.
(b) Anti-war rallies.
(c) Society tea parties.
2. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
(a) To be near her grandparents.
(b) To be near good schools.
(c) Because they couldn't afford to live in the city anymore.
(d) Because her father's job was transferred.
3. How long were Vera and Betty in the hospital due to their illness?
(a) One month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One week.
4. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
5. Whom did Vera become closer to after Roland died?
(a) The Head Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
3. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
4. What did Vera find out when she went to Brighton to wait for Roland?
5. When was Vera's nursing contract with the 1st London General set to expire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Vera decide to do after her contract at the hospital ended in Chapter 6?
2. Why was Vera allowed to attend University in Chapter 2?
3. What were Vera's living arrangements when she started working at the 1st London General Hospital?
4. What did Vera do to contribute to the war effort in Chapter 4?
5. Why was Edward not able to enlist in the military when he wanted to? Why was Roland rejected by the military at first?
6. Why did Vera consider taking a leave from her schooling in Chapter 4?
7. What did Vera find out when she returned home to Buxton from Lowestoft?
8. What did Edward report seeing on his way back from military camp in Chapter 3? What did the townspeople begin to do after the war started?
9. Who did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
10. Why was Vera ridiculed by the locals in Buxton in Chapter 2?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)