|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Vera become closer to after Roland died?
(d) The Head Nurse.
2. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
3. How far were Vera's lodgings from the hospital?
(a) Three miles.
(b) Next door.
(c) Half a mile.
(d) One and a half miles.
4. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
(a) Work a part-time job.
(b) Write in a diary.
(c) Write a novel.
(d) Save her money so she could travel.
5. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
(a) A journalism group.
(b) A pacifism organization.
(c) A suffrage organization.
(d) A humorist group.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
2. What did Vera attend while in London to see Roland?
3. Why did Vera's father retire?
4. What did Vera attend at her brother's school in Chapter 2?
5. When was Vera's nursing contract with the 1st London General set to expire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Vera change after Roland's death?
2. Where did Vera meet Roland when he returned to England in Chapter 4? What happened on their train journey?
3. In Chapter 6, what is said to have occurred beginning in July, and how did this affect Vera's family?
4. Why was Vera ridiculed by the locals in Buxton in Chapter 2?
5. What did Vera's father tell her at the end of Chapter 2? How did Edward respond to this?
6. Why did Vera consider taking a leave from her schooling in Chapter 4?
7. How did Vera and Roland's relationship progress in Chapter 3?
8. What did Vera do to contribute to the war effort in Chapter 4?
9. What were Vera's living arrangements when she started working at the 1st London General Hospital?
10. Why was Vera allowed to attend University in Chapter 2?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)