|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who moved into quarters next to the hospital with Vera and Betty?
2. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
(a) The Battle of Lone Pine.
(b) The Battle of Ypres.
(c) The Battle of Guillemont.
(d) The Battle of Loos.
3. What did Vera's coworkers tease her about in Chapter 5?
(a) Being disciplined by the Head Nurse.
(b) Running off to get married.
(c) Constantly forgetting things.
(d) Wearing old-fashioned shoes.
4. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
(c) Horseback riding.
5. Who was injured at Ypres in Chapter 6?
(a) Vera's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Vera become closer to after Roland died?
2. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
3. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
4. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
5. Where did Vera's parents move to from Buxton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Vera's childhood like? What did she like to do as a child?
2. Why wasn't Mina eager to join Vera as a nurse in London?
3. Who did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
4. What did Vera find out when she returned home to Buxton from Lowestoft?
5. As Roland's December leave approached, what did Vera begin to think about?
6. What did Vera decide to do after her contract at the hospital ended in Chapter 6?
7. What change occurred in Vera's parents' lives in Chapter 5?
8. In Chapter 6, what is said to have occurred beginning in July, and how did this affect Vera's family?
9. Why did Vera consider taking a leave from her schooling in Chapter 4?
10. Why was Vera allowed to attend University in Chapter 2?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)