|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long were Vera and Betty in the hospital due to their illness?
(a) Two months.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Three weeks.
2. Who did Mina have an affair with in Chapter 4?
(a) An artist.
(b) A musician.
(c) A poet.
(d) A professor.
3. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was charming.
(b) That she was spoiled.
(c) That she was clever.
(d) That she was timid.
4. Where was Edward's regiment sent in Chapter 4?
5. Where did Vera's parents move to from Buxton?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
2. What is the name of Vera's brother?
3. What did Vera attend at her brother's school in Chapter 2?
4. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
5. What did Vera's coworkers tease her about in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Edward agitated in Chapter 8?
2. What was Vera's childhood like? What did she like to do as a child?
3. Where did Vera live while working at St. Jude's?
4. What did Edward report seeing on his way back from military camp in Chapter 3? What did the townspeople begin to do after the war started?
5. How did Vera and Roland's relationship progress in Chapter 3?
6. After returning from Europe, what was Vera's main source of income? What were Vera's career ambitions?
7. In Chapter 8, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
8. What did Vera find out when she reapplied for foreign service in Chapter 9?
9. What legislation was passed in England around 1919? How did Vera benefit from this?
10. What did Vera have a dream about in Chapter 4?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)