|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Edward do his officer's training?
2. Who was injured at Ypres in Chapter 6?
(b) Vera's cousin.
3. How long were Vera and Betty in the hospital due to their illness?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Two months.
4. How many women did Vera share a room with at the hostel?
5. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For Easter.
(b) For her birthday.
(c) For Christmas.
(d) For a funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
2. In which month did Vera's night duty end?
3. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
4. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
5. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Vera ridiculed by the locals in Buxton in Chapter 2?
2. As Roland's December leave approached, what did Vera begin to think about?
3. What was Vera's first assignment upon arriving at the hospital in France?
4. What did Vera do to contribute to the war effort in Chapter 4?
5. Where did Vera meet Roland when he returned to England in Chapter 4? What happened on their train journey?
6. What was Vera's family background? How did her parents meet?
7. Why was Edward not able to enlist in the military when he wanted to? Why was Roland rejected by the military at first?
8. Who were Vera's two friends at boarding school?
9. How did Vera and Winifred's odd work schedules cause them problems in Chapter 11?
10. When 'G' said he was coming to London, what did Vera want to tell him? How did their relationship progress?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)