|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
(b) Newspaper articles.
(c) Letters to politicians.
(d) Letters to penpals around the world.
2. What did Vera attend while in London to see Roland?
(a) A war fundraiser.
(b) A job interview.
(c) A debutant ball.
(d) A suffrage rally.
3. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
(a) Flooding in the north.
(b) Seeing trains full of troops.
(c) Witnessing a hotel fire.
(d) A concert he went to.
4. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
(a) Returned to her studies at Oxford.
(b) Transferred to an art school.
(c) Started teaching at a nursery school.
(d) Focused on writing in Buxton.
5. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Ten minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
2. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
3. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
4. Where was Roland's family estate?
5. What did Vera attend at her brother's school in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Roland's December leave approached, what did Vera begin to think about?
2. What did Vera decide to do after her contract at the hospital ended in Chapter 6?
3. What change occurred in Vera's parents' lives in Chapter 5?
4. Who were Vera's two friends at boarding school?
5. How did Vera and Roland's relationship progress in Chapter 3?
6. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
7. What were Vera's living arrangements when she started working at the 1st London General Hospital?
8. Why was Vera ridiculed by the locals in Buxton in Chapter 2?
9. Who did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
10. What did Vera agonize over in Chapter 4?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)