|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far were Vera's lodgings from the hospital?
(a) Half a mile.
(b) One and a half miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Next door.
2. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
(a) To a Greek island.
(b) To Northern Italy.
(c) The Persian Gulf.
(d) To Berlin.
3. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he would go to Harvard.
(b) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(c) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(d) That he was going to fight in Europe.
4. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
5. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
(a) Show jumping.
(d) Field hockey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Vera's parents move to from Buxton?
2. What did Vera's coworkers tease her about in Chapter 5?
3. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
4. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
5. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what is said to have occurred beginning in July, and how did this affect Vera's family?
2. What were Vera's living arrangements when she started working at the 1st London General Hospital?
3. How did Vera and Roland's relationship progress in Chapter 3?
4. What did Vera's father tell her at the end of Chapter 2? How did Edward respond to this?
5. Why did Vera consider taking a leave from her schooling in Chapter 4?
6. How did Vera change after Roland's death?
7. As Roland's December leave approached, what did Vera begin to think about?
8. How did Vera settle into life at Oxford?
9. What was Mrs. Heath Jones's influence on Vera?
10. What was Vera's childhood like? What did she like to do as a child?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)