|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Malta, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
2. In which month did Vera depart for England in Chapter 8?
(a) In April.
(b) In September.
(c) In June.
(d) In January.
3. How did Vera view Winifred?
(a) As someone who knew how to get what she wanted.
(b) As someone who didn't think for herself..
(c) As someone to act as a role model.
(d) As someone who sat out the war in a classroom.
4. What did Vera have published in Chapter 10?
(a) A short story.
(b) A play.
(c) A collection of photographs.
(d) A travel diary.
5. What worried Vera during her voyage to her foreign post?
(a) Home sickness.
6. Who was Winifred?
(a) A nurse Vera worked with.
(b) The secretary of the Debating Society.
(c) The leader of the Oxford suffrage group.
(d) Vera's roommate.
7. What was the name of the town Vera was sent to for her next nursing assignment?
8. In Chapter 7, where was there talk that the hospital staff may be sent from Vera's original foreign post?
9. What was the name of the hospital where Vera worked at her foreign post?
(a) St. Sebastian's.
(b) St. Michael's.
(c) St. Bernard's.
(d) St. George's.
10. What did Vera find out when she reapplied for foreign service in Chapter 9?
(a) That she was banned.
(b) That she had to take another nursing course.
(c) That she would be shipped out immediately.
(d) That the rules had changed.
11. For how many years did Vera lecture on her specialist subject?
(a) More than five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Only one year.
(d) More than three years.
12. In Chapter 7, who died in April?
13. Compared to Malta, why did Vera like her new work post in Chapter 8?
(a) She had more privacy.
(b) She was in a populated area.
(c) She had less free time.
(d) She had more free time.
14. Who did Vera visit in hospitals in Chapter 9?
(a) People who were with her brother when he died.
(b) Patients who had been transferred from Malta.
(c) Former classmates.
(d) Fellow voluntary aid detachment nurses.
15. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
(a) Vera had broken her leg.
(b) There was heavy fighting nearby.
(c) Vera had the flu.
(d) Vera was needed at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of housing did Vera have with her new nursing assignment in Chapter 8?
2. What did Vera earn her income from?
3. Where was Queen Alexandra's Hospital located?
4. What subject did Vera switch to when she returned to Somerville?
5. In Chapter 11, what idea had Vera more or less accepted?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)