Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera want a career as?
(a) A lecturer.
(b) A writer.
(c) A nurse.
(d) An activist.
2. What did Vera find her students were interested in?
(a) The League of Nations.
(c) The Olympics.
(d) Sinn Fein.
3. Who was Winifred?
(a) Vera's roommate.
(b) A nurse Vera worked with.
(c) The leader of the Oxford suffrage group.
(d) The secretary of the Debating Society.
4. What was the name of the town Vera was sent to for her next nursing assignment?
5. Where did Vera meet with Oswaldo Giacoma?
6. Who looked down on the V.A.D.s at the civilian hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) The doctors.
(b) The patients.
(c) The administration.
(d) The nurses.
7. How long did Vera spend submitting her first novel to publishers?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
8. What kind of housing did Vera have with her new nursing assignment in Chapter 8?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A hut.
(c) An inn.
(d) A flat.
9. Where did Vera give a lecture in Chapter 11?
(a) St. Monica's.
(c) The 1st London General Hospital.
10. In what month did Vera leave Millbank?
11. What was Vera's published novel about?
(a) Her expericences during the war.
(b) Growing up in rural England.
(c) Life at Oxford.
(d) Life in Malta.
12. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
(a) Vera had broken her leg.
(b) There was heavy fighting nearby.
(c) Vera had the flu.
(d) Vera was needed at the hospital.
13. Who died while Vera was back in England in Chapter 7?
14. Where was Queen Alexandra's Hospital located?
15. Which ward was Vera assigned to in Chapter 8?
(a) The German prisoner ward.
(b) The pediatric ward.
(c) The British ward.
(d) The civilian ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did Vera switch to when she returned to Somerville?
2. How many weeks did Vera spend travelling through Europe?
3. Why did Vera ask for leave at the end of Chapter 8?
4. What was Vera ill with after returning from Italy?
5. What did Vera feel she had to lecture about?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)