|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the hospital where Vera worked at her foreign post?
(a) St. George's.
(b) St. Michael's.
(c) St. Sebastian's.
(d) St. Bernard's.
2. What worried Vera during her voyage to her foreign post?
(b) Home sickness.
3. How many weeks did Vera spend travelling through Europe?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
4. Which exam did Vera pass in Chapter 10?
(a) English Literature.
(b) Modern Art.
(d) Practical Nursing.
5. What kind of housing did Vera have with her new nursing assignment in Chapter 8?
(a) An inn.
(b) A flat.
(c) A cabin.
(d) A hut.
6. Which ward was Vera assigned to in Chapter 8?
(a) The civilian ward.
(b) The British ward.
(c) The pediatric ward.
(d) The German prisoner ward.
7. In the 1920s, many women were dismissed from their jobs for what reason?
(a) They were pregnant.
(b) They had children.
(c) They were married.
(d) They were unmarried.
8. Where did Vera give a lecture in Chapter 11?
(a) St. Monica's.
(b) The 1st London General Hospital.
9. For how many years did Vera lecture on her specialist subject?
(a) Two years.
(b) Only one year.
(c) More than five years.
(d) More than three years.
10. Where did Vera take her mother after returning to England in Chapter 9?
(a) To a private clinic.
(b) To her mother's house.
(c) To the 1st London General Hospital.
(d) To Vera's flat.
11. What ship did Vera and Betty take to their foreign post?
(a) The Royal Earnest.
(b) The Britannic.
(c) The Discovery.
(d) The Queen Mary.
12. What was the name of the civilian hospital Vera was assigned to in Chapter 9?
(a) St. Jude's.
(b) St. Augustus Hospital.
(c) St. Paul's.
(d) St. Mary's.
13. What did Vera earn her income from?
(a) From tutoring.
(b) Shares in her family business.
(c) From writing for a newspaper.
(d) A trust left by her grandparents.
14. In what month did Vera leave Millbank?
15. After her brother's death, what did Vera publish?
(a) A collection of short stories.
(b) Magazine articles about Malta.
(c) A book of verse.
(d) A novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Vera get to meet as a result of her writing?
2. In Chapter 10, in which month did Vera and her flatmate leave for a European trip?
3. What was the name of the feminist campaign group that Vera was a member of?
4. After Malta, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
5. Legislation was being passed in England for what purpose around 1919?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)