|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of housing did Vera have with her new nursing assignment in Chapter 8?
(a) A flat.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A hut.
(d) An inn.
2. After her brother's death, what did Vera lose interest in?
(d) The war.
3. What got lost in Chapter 8?
(a) Edward's baggage.
(b) Vera's engagement ring.
(c) Vera's parents' savings.
(d) Vera's manuscript.
4. In which month did Vera depart for England in Chapter 8?
(a) In April.
(b) In June.
(c) In January.
(d) In September.
5. Where did Vera meet with Oswaldo Giacoma?
6. What did Vera call her new roommate in Chapter 8?
(a) Red-haired D.
(b) Red-haired S.
(c) Red-haired M.
(d) Red-haired F.
7. Where were Betty and Vera assigned to duty in Chapter 7?
(c) East Africa.
8. Which exam did Vera pass in Chapter 10?
(a) English Literature.
(b) Modern Art.
(c) Practical Nursing.
9. Whose grave did Vera find in France?
(b) Her cousin's.
10. What did Vera feel she had to lecture about?
11. What did Sir Percy Harris want to hire Vera as?
(a) His office manager.
(b) His speech writer.
(c) His advisor.
(d) His secretary.
12. Where did Vera take her mother after returning to England in Chapter 9?
(a) To a private clinic.
(b) To her mother's house.
(c) To Vera's flat.
(d) To the 1st London General Hospital.
13. Who did Vera get to meet as a result of her writing?
(a) The head of Oxford.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) The commander of the British army.
14. Where did Vera take a teaching job?
(b) South Kensington.
15. What did Vera hope to find when she went to Europe?
(a) The portrait of Roland.
(b) The spot where her hospital had been.
(c) Her family's ancestral home.
(d) Edward's grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Sir Percy Harris work for?
2. Who died while Vera was back in England in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 7, who died in April?
4. Who helped Vera publish her work?
5. After her brother's death, what did Vera publish?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)