|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera have published in Chapter 10?
(a) A collection of photographs.
(b) A play.
(c) A short story.
(d) A travel diary.
2. In Chapter 10, in which month did Vera and her flatmate leave for a European trip?
3. Whose grave did Vera find in France?
(b) Her cousin's.
4. Why did Vera and Betty grow apart in Chapter 7?
(a) Betty became part of the tennis set.
(b) Vera spent a lot of time alone reading.
(c) Betty and Vera were too busy to see each other.
(d) Betty and Vera fought over a man.
5. What was Vera's published novel about?
(a) Growing up in rural England.
(b) Her expericences during the war.
(c) Life at Oxford.
(d) Life in Malta.
6. Which ward was Vera assigned to in Chapter 8?
(a) The British ward.
(b) The pediatric ward.
(c) The German prisoner ward.
(d) The civilian ward.
7. What did Vera feel she had to lecture about?
8. Where were Betty and Vera assigned to duty in Chapter 7?
(d) East Africa.
9. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
(a) Vera was needed at the hospital.
(b) Vera had broken her leg.
(c) There was heavy fighting nearby.
(d) Vera had the flu.
10. Where did Vera meet with Oswaldo Giacoma?
11. Who helped Vera publish her work?
(a) Roland's mother.
(b) Rose Macauley.
(c) Vera's father.
(d) Sir John Marriott.
12. How did Vera think Winifred viewed her?
(a) As someone to make fun of.
(b) As someone to manipulate.
(c) As someone to brainstorm with.
(d) As someone to share secrets with.
13. How many weeks did Vera spend travelling through Europe?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
14. What was the name of the hospital where Vera worked at her foreign post?
(a) St. Sebastian's.
(b) St. Michael's.
(c) St. George's.
(d) St. Bernard's.
15. Where did Vera live while working at the civilian hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) In the hospital basement.
(b) In a cottage.
(c) In a mansion.
(d) In a shared flat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mainly was treated at the hospital Vera began working at in Chapter 7?
2. Where did Vera give a lecture in Chapter 11?
3. For how many years did Vera lecture on her specialist subject?
4. Why did Vera and Winifred's charlady quit?
5. What ship did Vera and Betty take to their foreign post?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)