Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera often do at the hospital?
(a) Set bones.
(b) Counseled patients.
(c) Stitched up wounds.
(d) Prepared dressing trays.
2. Where did Vera's parents move to from Buxton?
3. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
(a) At a gallery.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the chapel.
(d) At her aunt's home.
4. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) Vera's grandmother.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
5. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
(a) The Battle of Lone Pine.
(b) The Battle of Guillemont.
(c) The Battle of Loos.
(d) The Battle of Ypres.
6. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
(a) North Africa.
7. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
(a) German measles.
(c) Scarlet fever.
8. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
(a) St. Andrews.
9. Why did the length of Vera's letters to Roland decrease?
(a) She had to ration her letter-writing paper.
(b) She ran out of things to say to Roland.
(c) She didn't have time to write to Roland.
(d) She wasn't allowed to say what happened at the hospital.
10. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
11. What did Edward tell Vera in a letter in Chapter 6?
(a) That he had been wounded.
(b) That he had gotten engaged.
(c) That he was returning to England.
(d) That he was leaving the army.
12. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
(a) A boy scout camp.
(b) A fishing camp.
(c) An academic study camp.
(d) A military camp.
13. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
(a) Work a part-time job.
(b) Write in a diary.
(c) Write a novel.
(d) Save her money so she could travel.
14. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
(a) Going on a trip together.
(b) Breaking up.
(c) Visiting some school friends.
15. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
(a) Studying hard.
(b) Wearing the latest fashions.
(c) Speaking Latin in the village.
(d) Spending most of her time in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
2. What field did Roland's mother work in?
3. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
4. Where did Vera live while working at the 1st London General Hospital?
5. What happened to Vera one day while working in the ward?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)