|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
(a) Seeing trains full of troops.
(b) Flooding in the north.
(c) Witnessing a hotel fire.
(d) A concert he went to.
2. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was timid.
(b) That she was clever.
(c) That she was spoiled.
(d) That she was charming.
3. How far were Vera's lodgings from the hospital?
(a) Three miles.
(b) Next door.
(c) One and a half miles.
(d) Half a mile.
4. Where was Roland's family estate?
5. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
(a) St. Monica's.
(b) St. Anne's.
(c) St. Agatha's.
(d) St. Margaret's.
6. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
(a) He was a painter.
(b) He was a musician.
(c) He was a professor.
(d) He was a writer.
7. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
8. What is the name of Vera's brother?
9. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
(a) First aid.
(b) Child care.
(c) Driving an automobile.
(d) Veterinary care.
10. Why did Vera's father retire?
(a) He was too old to continue working.
(b) His business started losing money.
(c) He had a disagreement with his associates.
(d) He was diagnosed with cancer.
11. What did Vera attend while in London to see Roland?
(a) A job interview.
(b) A suffrage rally.
(c) A war fundraiser.
(d) A debutant ball.
12. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
(a) Going on a trip together.
(c) Breaking up.
(d) Visiting some school friends.
13. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
14. How did Vera act at work after Roland's death?
15. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
2. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
3. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
4. In which month did Vera's night duty end?
5. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)