|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
(b) Publishing industry functions.
(c) Society tea parties.
(d) Anti-war rallies.
2. Where did Vera receive an appointment to work at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Westminster Hospital.
(b) The Royal London Hospital.
(c) The 1st London General Hospital.
(d) King's College Hospital.
3. While on leave from work in Chapter 5, where did Vera travel to?
4. How long were Vera and Betty in the hospital due to their illness?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Two months.
5. What did Vera often do at the hospital?
(a) Counseled patients.
(b) Set bones.
(c) Stitched up wounds.
(d) Prepared dressing trays.
6. What happened to Vera one day while working in the ward?
(a) She was yelled at by a doctor.
(b) She came down with a high fever.
(c) She collapsed.
(d) She sprained her ankle.
7. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A businessman.
(c) Vera's grandmother.
(d) A lawyer.
8. What did Edward tell Vera in a letter in Chapter 6?
(a) That he had been wounded.
(b) That he had gotten engaged.
(c) That he was returning to England.
(d) That he was leaving the army.
9. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(a) The civil rights movement.
(c) The feminist movement.
10. What is the name of Vera's brother?
11. In which month did Vera's night duty end?
12. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
(a) Letters to politicians.
(c) Newspaper articles.
(d) Letters to penpals around the world.
13. What field did Roland's mother work in?
14. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
(c) St. Andrews.
15. When was Vera's nursing contract with the 1st London General set to expire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Roland's family estate?
2. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 6, what did Vera tell the Principal at Somerville?
4. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
5. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)