|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
(a) Fled from the town.
(b) Stockpiled food.
(c) Took all of their savings out of the bank.
(d) Planted vegetable gardens.
2. What illness did Vera contract shortly after arriving at her foreign post?
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) Scarlet fever.
3. In what month did Vera leave Millbank?
4. Why did Vera and Winifred go to Oxford in 1923?
(a) To attend a class reunion.
(b) To take a course.
(c) To do some research.
(d) To make speeches.
5. What was the title of Vera's published novel?
(a) The Lament of the Demobilised.
(b) The Superfluous Woman.
(c) The Dark Tide.
(d) Honourable Estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
2. Why did Vera's father retire?
3. For how many years did Vera lecture on her specialist subject?
4. What did Edward hint that Vera and Roland should do in Chapter 4?
5. What did Vera decide to never mention at school?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)