|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Vera's father retire?
(a) He was diagnosed with cancer.
(b) His business started losing money.
(c) He was too old to continue working.
(d) He had a disagreement with his associates.
2. What was the name of the civilian hospital Vera was assigned to in Chapter 9?
(a) St. Mary's.
(b) St. Augustus Hospital.
(c) St. Jude's.
(d) St. Paul's.
3. What worried Vera during her voyage to her foreign post?
(d) Home sickness.
4. How many women did Vera share a room with at the hostel?
5. Where did Vera take her mother after returning to England in Chapter 9?
(a) To Vera's flat.
(b) To the 1st London General Hospital.
(c) To a private clinic.
(d) To her mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
2. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
3. When was Vera's nursing contract with the 1st London General set to expire?
4. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
5. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)