|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Participate in political protests.
(b) Read the newspaper.
(c) Go abroad to study.
(d) Write to politicians.
2. What was Vera ill with after returning from Italy?
(a) Food poisoning.
3. What did Vera and Winifred often have to do because of their jobs?
(a) Interview prisoners.
(b) Stay awake for days.
(c) Stay out overnight.
(d) Attend fancy parties.
4. How did Vera view Winifred?
(a) As someone who knew how to get what she wanted.
(b) As someone who didn't think for herself..
(c) As someone to act as a role model.
(d) As someone who sat out the war in a classroom.
5. Where was Queen Alexandra's Hospital located?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
2. After Malta, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
3. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
4. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
5. Who was Winifred?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)