|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
(a) A concert he went to.
(b) Seeing trains full of troops.
(c) Flooding in the north.
(d) Witnessing a hotel fire.
2. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
(a) He was a professor.
(b) He was a writer.
(c) He was a musician.
(d) He was a painter.
3. Who did Vera get to meet as a result of her writing?
(a) The head of Oxford.
(b) The Prime Minister.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The commander of the British army.
4. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
(d) North Africa.
5. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
(a) One hour.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
2. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
3. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
4. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
5. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)