|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera call her new roommate in Chapter 8?
(a) Red-haired D.
(b) Red-haired F.
(c) Red-haired M.
(d) Red-haired S.
2. What got lost in Chapter 8?
(a) Vera's parents' savings.
(b) Vera's manuscript.
(c) Vera's engagement ring.
(d) Edward's baggage.
3. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
(b) German measles.
(c) Scarlet fever.
4. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
(a) St. Agatha's.
(b) St. Anne's.
(c) St. Margaret's.
(d) St. Monica's.
5. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
(a) Edward being lost at sea.
(b) London being bombed.
(c) Roland dying in France.
(d) Her wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
2. What kind of housing did Vera have with her new nursing assignment in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 10, in which month did Vera and her flatmate leave for a European trip?
4. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
5. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)