|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
(a) Write in a diary.
(b) Save her money so she could travel.
(c) Write a novel.
(d) Work a part-time job.
2. Where did Vera give a lecture in Chapter 11?
(a) The 1st London General Hospital.
(c) St. Monica's.
3. Who did Sir Percy Harris work for?
(a) The League of Nations.
(b) The London County Council.
(c) The British military.
(d) The London Mayor's office.
4. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
(b) Horseback riding.
5. Resulting from the societal changes around 1919, what was Vera able to do in Chapter 10?
(b) Join the army.
(c) Receive a grant to start her own business.
(d) Earn a degree from Oxford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Vera take a teaching job?
2. Where did Edward do his officer's training? Sandgate.
3. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
4. Who was injured at Ypres in Chapter 6?
5. What was Vera ill with after returning from Italy?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)