|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her brother's death, what did Vera publish?
(a) A book of verse.
(b) A novel.
(c) Magazine articles about Malta.
(d) A collection of short stories.
2. What did Edward tell Vera in a letter in Chapter 6?
(a) That he was returning to England.
(b) That he was leaving the army.
(c) That he had gotten engaged.
(d) That he had been wounded.
3. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Go to University.
(b) Enter an artistic competition.
(c) Register to vote.
(d) Join the military.
4. While on leave from work in Chapter 5, where did Vera travel to?
5. Where did Vera and Winifred go to work for several months in Chapter 12?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years did Vera lecture on her specialist subject?
2. Where did Vera go with 'G' when he came to London?
3. Who did Vera visit in hospitals in Chapter 9?
4. How many women did Vera share a room with at the hostel?
5. What was the name of the feminist campaign group that Vera was a member of?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)