|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera often do at the hospital?
(a) Set bones.
(b) Stitched up wounds.
(c) Prepared dressing trays.
(d) Counseled patients.
2. What kind of housing did Vera have with her new nursing assignment in Chapter 8?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A flat.
(c) A hut.
(d) An inn.
3. What did Edward hint that Vera and Roland should do in Chapter 4?
(a) Throw Edward a birthday party.
(b) Move to America.
(d) Break up.
4. How far were Vera's lodgings from the hospital?
(a) Half a mile.
(b) Three miles.
(c) One and a half miles.
(d) Next door.
5. How did Vera think Winifred viewed her?
(a) As someone to make fun of.
(b) As someone to brainstorm with.
(c) As someone to manipulate.
(d) As someone to share secrets with.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
2. What did Vera experience for the first time while she was in London in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 9, where were the nurses in Etaples said to have been sleeping?
4. What subject did Vera switch to when she returned to Somerville?
5. Whose grave did Vera find in France?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)