|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject did Vera switch to when she returned to Somerville?
(d) French language.
2. What did Edward hint that Vera and Roland should do in Chapter 4?
(a) Throw Edward a birthday party.
(c) Move to America.
(d) Break up.
3. Who did Vera get to meet as a result of her writing?
(a) The head of Oxford.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The commander of the British army.
(d) The Prime Minister.
4. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
(a) Exeter College.
(b) Somerville College.
(c) Magdalen College.
(d) Trinity College.
5. What did Vera find out when she went to Brighton to wait for Roland?
(a) That Roland had died.
(b) That Edward had been wounded.
(c) That one of her short stories was to be published.
(d) That her father had had a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What got lost in Chapter 8?
2. Which ward was Vera assigned to in Chapter 8?
3. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
4. How does Vera describe the handwriting on the envelope she is sent in Chapter 12?
5. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)