|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was charming.
(b) That she was spoiled.
(c) That she was clever.
(d) That she was timid.
2. After Malta, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
3. How far were Vera's lodgings from the hospital?
(a) Three miles.
(b) Next door.
(c) Half a mile.
(d) One and a half miles.
4. What did Vera call her new roommate in Chapter 8?
(a) Red-haired S.
(b) Red-haired M.
(c) Red-haired F.
(d) Red-haired D.
5. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Participate in political protests.
(b) Write to politicians.
(c) Read the newspaper.
(d) Go abroad to study.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Vera and Winifred go to work for several months in Chapter 12?
2. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
3. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 7, who died in April?
5. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)