|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(b) The feminist movement.
(d) The civil rights movement.
2. In Chapter 9, what did the letters from Etaples tell Vera?
(a) That the nurses there had all become ill.
(b) That the camp had been bombed.
(c) That she had left some of her belongings behind.
(d) That she had to return immediately.
3. On what topic did Vera become an accomplished lecturer?
(a) The British health care system.
(b) Women's suffrage.
(c) The League of Nations.
(d) Equality for men and women.
4. What ship did Vera and Betty take to their foreign post?
(a) The Discovery.
(b) The Britannic.
(c) The Queen Mary.
(d) The Royal Earnest.
5. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
2. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
3. What did Vera feel she had to lecture about?
4. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
5. How did Vera travel back to England in Chapter 7?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)