|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Vera live with after finishing school?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Roland's parents.
2. Where did Vera's parents move to from Buxton?
3. How long did Vera spend submitting her first novel to publishers?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
4. In Chapter 9, what did the letters from Etaples tell Vera?
(a) That the camp had been bombed.
(b) That the nurses there had all become ill.
(c) That she had left some of her belongings behind.
(d) That she had to return immediately.
5. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
(a) Transferred to an art school.
(b) Focused on writing in Buxton.
(c) Returned to her studies at Oxford.
(d) Started teaching at a nursery school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
2. What did a cable that Vera received in Chapter 7 say?
3. Where did Vera give a lecture in Chapter 11?
4. Legislation was being passed in England for what purpose around 1919?
5. What did Vera's school allow for the first time after the war?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)