|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vera describe the handwriting on the envelope she is sent in Chapter 12?
2. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
(d) North Africa.
3. What was the name of the hospital where Vera worked at her foreign post?
(a) St. Bernard's.
(b) St. George's.
(c) St. Michael's.
(d) St. Sebastian's.
4. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
(a) Witnessing a hotel fire.
(b) A concert he went to.
(c) Flooding in the north.
(d) Seeing trains full of troops.
5. While at Oxford, what did Vera receive from a former male student?
(a) A fan letter.
(b) An invitation to make a speech.
(c) An invitation to tea.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Vera and 'G' work temporarily after getting married?
2. Why did Vera ask for leave at the end of Chapter 8?
3. In what year did Vera marry 'G'?
4. What is a charlady?
5. What did Vera find out when she reapplied for foreign service in Chapter 9?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)