|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera decide to never mention at school?
(a) Her writing aspirations.
(b) Her brother's death.
(c) The war.
(d) Her wealth.
2. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
(a) At the chapel.
(b) At a gallery.
(c) At her aunt's home.
(d) At the library.
3. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) German measles.
4. Who was Winifred?
(a) A nurse Vera worked with.
(b) The secretary of the Debating Society.
(c) The leader of the Oxford suffrage group.
(d) Vera's roommate.
5. After her brother's death, what did Vera publish?
(a) A book of verse.
(b) Magazine articles about Malta.
(c) A novel.
(d) A collection of short stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera make notes for in Chapter 10?
2. What did Vera experience for the first time while she was in London in Chapter 8?
3. Who did Vera get to meet as a result of her writing?
4. Where were Betty and Vera assigned to duty in Chapter 7?
5. What kind of rules still existed at Vera's school?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)