|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Vera and Betty grow apart in Chapter 7?
(a) Betty and Vera fought over a man.
(b) Vera spent a lot of time alone reading.
(c) Betty became part of the tennis set.
(d) Betty and Vera were too busy to see each other.
2. What did Vera make notes for in Chapter 10?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A novel she intended to write.
(c) A letter of protest.
(d) A speech at the university.
3. Who did Vera live with after finishing school?
(a) Roland's parents.
(d) Her parents.
4. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
(a) Vera told Roland she was going to America.
(b) Roland and Vera got engaged.
(c) Roland became ill.
(d) Roland and Vera had their first argument.
5. Who visited Vera near the end of the term in Chapter 4?
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was evident from the way Vera worked after Roland died?
2. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
3. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
4. Who mainly was treated at the hospital Vera began working at in Chapter 7?
5. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)