|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, in which month did Vera and her flatmate leave for a European trip?
2. In Chapter 5, who moved into quarters next to the hospital with Vera and Betty?
3. What did Vera find out when she went to Brighton to wait for Roland?
(a) That one of her short stories was to be published.
(b) That her father had had a heart attack.
(c) That Roland had died.
(d) That Edward had been wounded.
4. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
(a) Vera was needed at the hospital.
(b) Vera had the flu.
(c) There was heavy fighting nearby.
(d) Vera had broken her leg.
5. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
(a) Somerville College.
(b) Magdalen College.
(c) Trinity College.
(d) Exeter College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera volunteer for in Chapter 6?
2. Why did Vera ask for leave at the end of Chapter 8?
3. Where did Vera take her mother after returning to England in Chapter 9?
4. Who visited Vera near the end of the term in Chapter 4?
5. When did Roland say he would have leave in Chapter 5?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)