|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera volunteer for in Chapter 6?
(a) For the foreign service.
(b) For work at a newspaper.
(c) For the Women's Royal Naval Service.
(d) For tutoring students hoping to go to Oxford.
2. What did Vera hope to find when she went to Europe?
(a) The portrait of Roland.
(b) The spot where her hospital had been.
(c) Her family's ancestral home.
(d) Edward's grave.
3. What was the name of the hospital where Vera worked at her foreign post?
(a) St. George's.
(b) St. Bernard's.
(c) St. Sebastian's.
(d) St. Michael's.
4. How did Vera travel back to England in Chapter 7?
(a) On a cargo ship.
(b) In a plane.
(c) By train.
(d) On a passenger ship.
5. Who was injured at Ypres in Chapter 6?
(d) Vera's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
2. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
3. How did Vera think Winifred viewed her?
4. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
5. After her brother's death, what did Vera lose interest in?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)