|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Vera ask for leave at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Betty needed Vera's help.
(b) Vera's mother was sick.
(c) Vera's brother was injured.
(d) Vera had been contacted by a publisher.
2. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
(a) German measles.
(b) Scarlet fever.
3. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
(a) On the day WWI began.
(b) One month before WWI began.
(c) Two weeks before WWI began.
(d) Four days before WWI began.
4. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he would go to Harvard.
(b) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(c) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(d) That he was going to fight in Europe.
5. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
2. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
3. In Chapter 7, who died in April?
4. When did Roland say he would have leave in Chapter 5?
5. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)