|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women did Vera share a room with at the hostel?
2. What did Vera's school allow for the first time after the war?
(a) Male-female debates.
(b) Female team sports.
(c) Scholarships for low income students.
(d) Female students wearing trousers.
3. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
(a) At the chapel.
(b) At the library.
(c) At a gallery.
(d) At her aunt's home.
4. What did Vera find out when she went to Brighton to wait for Roland?
(a) That her father had had a heart attack.
(b) That one of her short stories was to be published.
(c) That Edward had been wounded.
(d) That Roland had died.
5. In what month did Vera leave Millbank?
Short Answer Questions
1. After her brother's death, what did Vera publish?
2. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
4. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 9, where were the nurses in Etaples said to have been sleeping?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)