|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long were Vera and Betty in the hospital due to their illness?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
2. What was evident from the way Vera worked after Roland died?
(a) That she no longer liked working at the hospital.
(b) That she felt like she was among family at the hospital.
(c) That she didn't believe Roland was dead.
(d) That she wanted to save others from Roland's fate.
3. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Register to vote.
(b) Enter an artistic competition.
(c) Go to University.
(d) Join the military.
4. What did a cable that Vera received in Chapter 7 say?
(a) That Edward had run away from his regiment.
(b) That Vera's father was ill.
(c) That Victor had been seriously wounded.
(d) That Edward had been injured.
5. How did Vera travel back to England in Chapter 7?
(a) By train.
(b) On a cargo ship.
(c) In a plane.
(d) On a passenger ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Vera's brother?
2. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
3. Which exam did Vera pass in Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 7, who died in April?
5. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)