|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what did the letters from Etaples tell Vera?
(a) That she had left some of her belongings behind.
(b) That the nurses there had all become ill.
(c) That she had to return immediately.
(d) That the camp had been bombed.
2. What did a cable that Vera received in Chapter 7 say?
(a) That Edward had run away from his regiment.
(b) That Vera's father was ill.
(c) That Victor had been seriously wounded.
(d) That Edward had been injured.
3. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
4. What did Vera find out when she reapplied for foreign service in Chapter 9?
(a) That the rules had changed.
(b) That she would be shipped out immediately.
(c) That she had to take another nursing course.
(d) That she was banned.
5. How did Vera do on her first exams in Chapter 10?
(a) She didn't do as well as she had hoped.
(b) Not as well as Winifred.
(c) She failed.
(d) She finished top of her class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
2. Where did Vera spend a lot of time after the Armistice?
3. What did Vera call her new roommate in Chapter 8?
4. Why did Vera ask for leave at the end of Chapter 8?
5. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)