|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Vera ask for leave at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Betty needed Vera's help.
(b) Vera's mother was sick.
(c) Vera had been contacted by a publisher.
(d) Vera's brother was injured.
2. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) A businessman.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) Vera's grandmother.
3. In Chapter 10, in which month did Vera and her flatmate leave for a European trip?
4. Who did Vera spend a lot of her time with after the Armistice?
5. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Enter an artistic competition.
(b) Go to University.
(c) Register to vote.
(d) Join the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Vera one day while working in the ward?
2. In Chapter 9, where were the nurses in Etaples said to have been sleeping?
3. In Chapter 5, who moved into quarters next to the hospital with Vera and Betty?
4. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
5. Who did Mina have an affair with in Chapter 4?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)