|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera decide to never mention at school?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her writing aspirations.
(c) Her brother's death.
(d) The war.
2. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
(a) A suffrage organization.
(b) A journalism group.
(c) A pacifism organization.
(d) A humorist group.
3. What was evident from the way Vera worked after Roland died?
(a) That she wanted to save others from Roland's fate.
(b) That she no longer liked working at the hospital.
(c) That she didn't believe Roland was dead.
(d) That she felt like she was among family at the hospital.
4. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
(a) Roland and Vera got engaged.
(b) Roland and Vera had their first argument.
(c) Vera told Roland she was going to America.
(d) Roland became ill.
5. What did Vera have published in Chapter 10?
(a) A collection of photographs.
(b) A short story.
(c) A play.
(d) A travel diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 8, where did Edward indicate he may be sent to fight?
3. Why did the length of Vera's letters to Roland decrease?
4. Why did Vera ask for leave at the end of Chapter 8?
5. What got lost in Chapter 8?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)