|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Dressing in boys' clothes.
(b) Skipping school.
(c) Talking to her brother's friends.
(d) Taking part in a political protest.
2. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
(a) Veterinary care.
(b) First aid.
(c) Child care.
(d) Driving an automobile.
3. Where was Edward's regiment sent in Chapter 4?
4. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For Christmas.
(b) For her birthday.
(c) For Easter.
(d) For a funeral.
5. Who visited Vera near the end of the term in Chapter 4?
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
2. What did Vera often do at the hospital?
3. In Chapter 9, where were the nurses in Etaples said to have been sleeping?
4. Legislation was being passed in England for what purpose around 1919?
5. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)