|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera attend while in London to see Roland?
(a) A debutant ball.
(b) A job interview.
(c) A war fundraiser.
(d) A suffrage rally.
2. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Go to University.
(b) Enter an artistic competition.
(c) Register to vote.
(d) Join the military.
3. What did Edward hint that Vera and Roland should do in Chapter 4?
(a) Move to America.
(b) Break up.
(c) Throw Edward a birthday party.
4. Which ward was Vera assigned to in Chapter 8?
(a) The British ward.
(b) The German prisoner ward.
(c) The pediatric ward.
(d) The civilian ward.
5. What was the name of the hospital where Vera worked at her foreign post?
(a) St. Bernard's.
(b) St. George's.
(c) St. Sebastian's.
(d) St. Michael's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera volunteer for in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 8, where did Edward indicate he may be sent to fight?
3. What did Vera call her new roommate in Chapter 8?
4. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
5. In Chapter 7, where was there talk that the hospital staff may be sent from Vera's original foreign post?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)