|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
2. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Participate in political protests.
(b) Go abroad to study.
(c) Write to politicians.
(d) Read the newspaper.
3. Where did Edward do his officer's training?
4. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
(a) There was heavy fighting nearby.
(b) Vera had the flu.
(c) Vera had broken her leg.
(d) Vera was needed at the hospital.
5. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
(a) Veterinary care.
(b) First aid.
(c) Driving an automobile.
(d) Child care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Vera and Betty grow apart in Chapter 7?
2. Where did Vera take her mother after returning to England in Chapter 9?
3. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
4. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
5. What did Vera find out when she reapplied for foreign service in Chapter 9?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)