|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was evident from the way Vera worked after Roland died?
(a) That she wanted to save others from Roland's fate.
(b) That she no longer liked working at the hospital.
(c) That she didn't believe Roland was dead.
(d) That she felt like she was among family at the hospital.
2. How did Vera travel back to England in Chapter 7?
(a) On a cargo ship.
(b) In a plane.
(c) By train.
(d) On a passenger ship.
3. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
5. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Vera's parents move to from Buxton?
2. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
3. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
4. What was the name of the hospital where Vera worked at her foreign post?
5. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)