|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
2. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
(a) That is was lonely.
(b) That it was ideal.
(c) That it was difficult.
(d) That it was boring.
3. What did Edward tell Vera in a letter in Chapter 6?
(a) That he was leaving the army.
(b) That he had been wounded.
(c) That he was returning to England.
(d) That he had gotten engaged.
4. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
5. After her brother's death, what did Vera lose interest in?
(b) The war.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Roland say he would have leave in Chapter 5?
2. After her brother's death, what did Vera publish?
3. In which month did Vera's night duty end?
4. What ship did Vera and Betty take to their foreign post?
5. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)