|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
(a) The Battle of Lone Pine.
(b) The Battle of Guillemont.
(c) The Battle of Ypres.
(d) The Battle of Loos.
2. What was evident from the way Vera worked after Roland died?
(a) That she felt like she was among family at the hospital.
(b) That she no longer liked working at the hospital.
(c) That she wanted to save others from Roland's fate.
(d) That she didn't believe Roland was dead.
3. Where was Roland's family estate?
4. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
(a) Spending most of her time in London.
(b) Studying hard.
(c) Wearing the latest fashions.
(d) Speaking Latin in the village.
5. While on leave from work in Chapter 5, where did Vera travel to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
2. How far were Vera's lodgings from the hospital?
3. How long were Vera and Betty in the hospital due to their illness?
4. Where did Vera's parents move to from Buxton?
5. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)