|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what did the letters from Etaples tell Vera?
(a) That she had to return immediately.
(b) That the camp had been bombed.
(c) That the nurses there had all become ill.
(d) That she had left some of her belongings behind.
2. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
(a) Exeter College.
(b) Magdalen College.
(c) Somerville College.
(d) Trinity College.
3. How far were Vera's lodgings from the hospital?
(a) Half a mile.
(b) Next door.
(c) One and a half miles.
(d) Three miles.
4. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
(a) In June.
(b) In September.
(c) In November.
(d) In August.
5. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
(a) To be near good schools.
(b) Because her father's job was transferred.
(c) To be near her grandparents.
(d) Because they couldn't afford to live in the city anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
2. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
3. What ship did Vera and Betty take to their foreign post?
4. Where did Vera receive an appointment to work at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)