|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women did Vera share a room with at the hostel?
2. When did Roland say he would have leave in Chapter 5?
3. Why did Vera's father retire?
(a) He had a disagreement with his associates.
(b) He was too old to continue working.
(c) His business started losing money.
(d) He was diagnosed with cancer.
4. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One hour.
5. How did Vera travel back to England in Chapter 7?
(a) On a passenger ship.
(b) On a cargo ship.
(c) In a plane.
(d) By train.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month did Vera depart for England in Chapter 8?
2. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
3. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
4. Where did Vera begin to do volunteer work?
5. What did Edward tell Vera in a letter in Chapter 6?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)