|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was timid.
(b) That she was charming.
(c) That she was spoiled.
(d) That she was clever.
2. While on leave from work in Chapter 5, where did Vera travel to?
3. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
(a) Wearing the latest fashions.
(b) Spending most of her time in London.
(c) Studying hard.
(d) Speaking Latin in the village.
4. What did Vera volunteer for in Chapter 6?
(a) For the Women's Royal Naval Service.
(b) For tutoring students hoping to go to Oxford.
(c) For work at a newspaper.
(d) For the foreign service.
5. What did Vera's coworkers tease her about in Chapter 5?
(a) Constantly forgetting things.
(b) Running off to get married.
(c) Being disciplined by the Head Nurse.
(d) Wearing old-fashioned shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 9, what did the letters from Etaples tell Vera?
3. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
4. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
5. Where did Vera live while working at the civilian hospital in Chapter 9?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)