|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vera receive an appointment to work at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Westminster Hospital.
(b) King's College Hospital.
(c) The 1st London General Hospital.
(d) The Royal London Hospital.
2. After Malta, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
3. Why did Vera ask for leave at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Betty needed Vera's help.
(b) Vera's brother was injured.
(c) Vera had been contacted by a publisher.
(d) Vera's mother was sick.
4. Where did Vera begin to do volunteer work?
(a) A hospital in Dorset.
(b) A hospital in Wiltshire.
(c) A hospital in Devonshire.
(d) A hospital in Cornwall.
5. How did Vera act at work after Roland's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
2. Where did Vera live while working at the civilian hospital in Chapter 9?
3. What worried Vera during her voyage to her foreign post?
4. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)