|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was timid.
(b) That she was clever.
(c) That she was spoiled.
(d) That she was charming.
2. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
(a) Roland and Vera had their first argument.
(b) Vera told Roland she was going to America.
(c) Roland became ill.
(d) Roland and Vera got engaged.
3. After Malta, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
4. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For Christmas.
(b) For Easter.
(c) For her birthday.
(d) For a funeral.
5. What was the name of the hospital where Vera worked at her foreign post?
(a) St. Sebastian's.
(b) St. Bernard's.
(c) St. George's.
(d) St. Michael's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
2. Where did Vera receive an appointment to work at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
4. Who looked down on the V.A.D.s at the civilian hospital in Chapter 9?
5. Compared to Malta, why did Vera like her new work post in Chapter 8?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)