|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
(a) Two weeks before WWI began.
(b) On the day WWI began.
(c) One month before WWI began.
(d) Four days before WWI began.
2. Who did Mina have an affair with in Chapter 4?
(a) A musician.
(b) A poet.
(c) An artist.
(d) A professor.
3. What did Edward tell Vera in a letter in Chapter 6?
(a) That he had been wounded.
(b) That he was leaving the army.
(c) That he had gotten engaged.
(d) That he was returning to England.
4. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Vera's grandmother.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A lawyer.
5. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
(a) Seeing trains full of troops.
(b) A concert he went to.
(c) Flooding in the north.
(d) Witnessing a hotel fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
2. Where was Roland's family estate?
3. Who helped Vera publish her work?
4. What illness did Vera contract shortly after arriving at her foreign post?
5. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)