|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
(a) Transferred to an art school.
(b) Started teaching at a nursery school.
(c) Returned to her studies at Oxford.
(d) Focused on writing in Buxton.
2. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
(b) German measles.
(d) Scarlet fever.
3. What ship did Vera and Betty take to their foreign post?
(a) The Queen Mary.
(b) The Britannic.
(c) The Discovery.
(d) The Royal Earnest.
4. Where was Edward's regiment sent in Chapter 4?
5. What was evident from the way Vera worked after Roland died?
(a) That she felt like she was among family at the hospital.
(b) That she wanted to save others from Roland's fate.
(c) That she didn't believe Roland was dead.
(d) That she no longer liked working at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Vera's brother?
2. What did Edward tell Vera in a letter in Chapter 6?
3. Why did Vera's father retire?
4. What was the name of the hospital where Vera worked at her foreign post?
5. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)