|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
(a) Fled from the town.
(b) Planted vegetable gardens.
(c) Stockpiled food.
(d) Took all of their savings out of the bank.
2. Who was injured at Ypres in Chapter 6?
(b) Vera's cousin.
3. In Chapter 7, who died in April?
4. Why did Vera's father retire?
(a) His business started losing money.
(b) He was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) He had a disagreement with his associates.
(d) He was too old to continue working.
5. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month did Vera's night duty end?
2. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
3. In Chapter 6, what did Vera tell the Principal at Somerville?
4. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
5. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)