|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ship did Vera and Betty take to their foreign post?
(a) The Royal Earnest.
(b) The Discovery.
(c) The Queen Mary.
(d) The Britannic.
2. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
(b) Society tea parties.
(c) Publishing industry functions.
(d) Anti-war rallies.
3. How long were Vera and Betty in the hospital due to their illness?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
4. In Chapter 5, who moved into quarters next to the hospital with Vera and Betty?
5. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
2. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
3. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
4. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
5. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)