|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Vera's father retire?
(a) He had a disagreement with his associates.
(b) He was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) He was too old to continue working.
(d) His business started losing money.
2. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
(a) Breaking up.
(b) Visiting some school friends.
(d) Going on a trip together.
3. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
(a) That it was difficult.
(b) That it was ideal.
(c) That it was boring.
(d) That is was lonely.
4. What did Vera call her new roommate in Chapter 8?
(a) Red-haired M.
(b) Red-haired D.
(c) Red-haired F.
(d) Red-haired S.
5. Compared to Malta, why did Vera like her new work post in Chapter 8?
(a) She had more free time.
(b) She was in a populated area.
(c) She had more privacy.
(d) She had less free time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Vera live while working at the 1st London General Hospital?
2. In Chapter 9, where were the nurses in Etaples said to have been sleeping?
3. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
4. What kind of housing did Vera have with her new nursing assignment in Chapter 8?
5. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)