|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
(b) Visiting some school friends.
(c) Breaking up.
(d) Going on a trip together.
2. What did Edward tell Vera in a letter in Chapter 6?
(a) That he was leaving the army.
(b) That he had gotten engaged.
(c) That he had been wounded.
(d) That he was returning to England.
3. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
(a) One hour.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Four hours.
4. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
5. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
(a) Roland dying in France.
(b) Her wedding.
(c) Edward being lost at sea.
(d) London being bombed.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her brother's death, what did Vera publish?
2. While on leave from work in Chapter 5, where did Vera travel to?
3. Where did Vera begin to do volunteer work?
4. In Chapter 9, where were the nurses in Etaples said to have been sleeping?
5. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)