|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
2. Where did Vera's parents move to from Buxton?
3. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
(a) Letters to politicians.
(b) Newspaper articles.
(d) Letters to penpals around the world.
4. After her brother's death, what did Vera lose interest in?
(a) The war.
5. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Go to University.
(b) Register to vote.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Enter an artistic competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mina have an affair with in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 8, where did Edward indicate he may be sent to fight?
3. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
4. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
5. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)