|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Roland say he would have leave in Chapter 5?
2. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
(a) Roland and Vera got engaged.
(b) Roland and Vera had their first argument.
(c) Vera told Roland she was going to America.
(d) Roland became ill.
3. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
(a) He was a professor.
(b) He was a painter.
(c) He was a musician.
(d) He was a writer.
4. Who looked down on the V.A.D.s at the civilian hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) The nurses.
(b) The doctors.
(c) The patients.
(d) The administration.
5. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
(a) He was deaf in one ear.
(b) He had poor eyesight.
(c) He had pneumonia.
(d) He was underage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
2. Where was Edward's regiment sent in Chapter 4?
3. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
4. Who did Vera visit in hospitals in Chapter 9?
5. What did Vera find out when she reapplied for foreign service in Chapter 9?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)