|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he was going to fight in Europe.
(b) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(c) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(d) That he would go to Harvard.
2. Why did Vera's father retire?
(a) He was diagnosed with cancer.
(b) He had a disagreement with his associates.
(c) He was too old to continue working.
(d) His business started losing money.
3. Who helped Vera publish her work?
(a) Roland's mother.
(b) Sir John Marriott.
(c) Rose Macauley.
(d) Vera's father.
4. Who did Vera have problems with in Chapter 4?
(a) Her father.
(b) A doctor at the hospital.
(c) The Head of Nursing.
(d) One of her patients.
5. What did Vera call her new roommate in Chapter 8?
(a) Red-haired M.
(b) Red-haired F.
(c) Red-haired S.
(d) Red-haired D.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
2. Where was Edward's regiment sent in Chapter 4?
3. When was Vera's nursing contract with the 1st London General set to expire?
4. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
5. Where did Vera live while working at the 1st London General Hospital?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)