|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
(b) Show jumping.
(c) Field hockey.
2. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Vera's grandmother.
3. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
4. What did Vera find out when she went to Brighton to wait for Roland?
(a) That Roland had died.
(b) That one of her short stories was to be published.
(c) That Edward had been wounded.
(d) That her father had had a heart attack.
5. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
(a) Because her father's job was transferred.
(b) To be near good schools.
(c) To be near her grandparents.
(d) Because they couldn't afford to live in the city anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
2. Who died while Vera was back in England in Chapter 7?
3. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
4. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
5. In Chapter 9, where were the nurses in Etaples said to have been sleeping?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)