|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edward hint that Vera and Roland should do in Chapter 4?
(b) Break up.
(c) Throw Edward a birthday party.
(d) Move to America.
2. What did Vera volunteer for in Chapter 6?
(a) For tutoring students hoping to go to Oxford.
(b) For the Women's Royal Naval Service.
(c) For work at a newspaper.
(d) For the foreign service.
3. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
(a) Fled from the town.
(b) Planted vegetable gardens.
(c) Took all of their savings out of the bank.
(d) Stockpiled food.
4. When did Roland say he would have leave in Chapter 5?
5. Why did Vera's father retire?
(a) He was diagnosed with cancer.
(b) He was too old to continue working.
(c) His business started losing money.
(d) He had a disagreement with his associates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Roland's family estate?
2. Why did the length of Vera's letters to Roland decrease?
3. What did Vera find out when she went to Brighton to wait for Roland?
4. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
5. How far were Vera's lodgings from the hospital?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)