|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what did Vera tell the Principal at Somerville?
(a) That she wanted to do her studies via correspondence.
(b) That women were treated badly at Oxford.
(c) That she would not resume her studies until the war was over.
(d) That she would resume her studies the following autumn.
2. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Talking to her brother's friends.
(b) Taking part in a political protest.
(c) Dressing in boys' clothes.
(d) Skipping school.
3. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
(a) To Berlin.
(b) To a Greek island.
(c) To Northern Italy.
(d) The Persian Gulf.
4. While on leave from work in Chapter 5, where did Vera travel to?
5. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
(d) North Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
2. Who was injured at Ypres in Chapter 6?
3. Why did the length of Vera's letters to Roland decrease?
4. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
5. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)