|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Edward's regiment sent in Chapter 4?
2. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(d) German measles.
3. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he was going to fight in Europe.
(b) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(c) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(d) That he would go to Harvard.
4. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For her birthday.
(b) For Christmas.
(c) For Easter.
(d) For a funeral.
5. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was timid.
(b) That she was charming.
(c) That she was clever.
(d) That she was spoiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
2. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
4. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
5. What did Vera's coworkers tease her about in Chapter 5?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)