|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was evident from the way Vera worked after Roland died?
(a) That she wanted to save others from Roland's fate.
(b) That she felt like she was among family at the hospital.
(c) That she didn't believe Roland was dead.
(d) That she no longer liked working at the hospital.
2. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
(a) A boy scout camp.
(b) A military camp.
(c) A fishing camp.
(d) An academic study camp.
3. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
(a) Horseback riding.
4. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
(a) He was a writer.
(b) He was a professor.
(c) He was a painter.
(d) He was a musician.
5. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) Vera's grandmother.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
2. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
3. When did Roland say he would have leave in Chapter 5?
4. Where did Vera's parents move to from Buxton?
5. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)