|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
2. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
(a) Took all of their savings out of the bank.
(b) Fled from the town.
(c) Planted vegetable gardens.
(d) Stockpiled food.
3. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
4. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
(a) One hour.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
5. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
(a) At the chapel.
(b) At a gallery.
(c) At the library.
(d) At her aunt's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
2. Whom did Vera become closer to after Roland died?
3. Who did Mina have an affair with in Chapter 4?
4. How far were Vera's lodgings from the hospital?
5. Where did Vera's parents move to from Buxton?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)