|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who moved into quarters next to the hospital with Vera and Betty?
2. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
(c) Field hockey.
(d) Show jumping.
3. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
(a) Veterinary care.
(b) Child care.
(c) First aid.
(d) Driving an automobile.
4. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(c) The civil rights movement.
(d) The feminist movement.
5. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
(a) Roland became ill.
(b) Vera told Roland she was going to America.
(c) Roland and Vera had their first argument.
(d) Roland and Vera got engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Why did the length of Vera's letters to Roland decrease?
3. How many women did Vera share a room with at the hostel?
4. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
5. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)