|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera often do at the hospital?
(a) Set bones.
(b) Stitched up wounds.
(c) Counseled patients.
(d) Prepared dressing trays.
2. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Go to University.
(b) Join the military.
(c) Enter an artistic competition.
(d) Register to vote.
3. Why did the length of Vera's letters to Roland decrease?
(a) She didn't have time to write to Roland.
(b) She wasn't allowed to say what happened at the hospital.
(c) She had to ration her letter-writing paper.
(d) She ran out of things to say to Roland.
4. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
(d) Horseback riding.
5. When was Vera's nursing contract with the 1st London General set to expire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
2. What was evident from the way Vera worked after Roland died?
3. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
4. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
5. In which month did Vera's night duty end?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)