|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera's coworkers tease her about in Chapter 5?
(a) Wearing old-fashioned shoes.
(b) Constantly forgetting things.
(c) Being disciplined by the Head Nurse.
(d) Running off to get married.
2. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
(a) In September.
(b) In August.
(c) In June.
(d) In November.
3. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
(a) A boy scout camp.
(b) A military camp.
(c) An academic study camp.
(d) A fishing camp.
4. What field did Roland's mother work in?
5. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
(a) Because her father's job was transferred.
(b) Because they couldn't afford to live in the city anymore.
(c) To be near good schools.
(d) To be near her grandparents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the length of Vera's letters to Roland decrease?
2. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
3. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
4. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
5. What did Roland send to Vera after being sent to the front?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)