|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
2. In which month did Vera's night duty end?
3. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
(a) Took all of their savings out of the bank.
(b) Stockpiled food.
(c) Fled from the town.
(d) Planted vegetable gardens.
4. What happened to Vera one day while working in the ward?
(a) She sprained her ankle.
(b) She collapsed.
(c) She came down with a high fever.
(d) She was yelled at by a doctor.
5. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
(a) Breaking up.
(b) Going on a trip together.
(d) Visiting some school friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
2. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
3. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
4. What did Vera find out when she went to Brighton to wait for Roland?
5. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)