|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
(a) A boy scout camp.
(b) An academic study camp.
(c) A military camp.
(d) A fishing camp.
2. Who did Vera have problems with in Chapter 4?
(a) Her father.
(b) One of her patients.
(c) A doctor at the hospital.
(d) The Head of Nursing.
3. What happened to Vera one day while working in the ward?
(a) She came down with a high fever.
(b) She was yelled at by a doctor.
(c) She sprained her ankle.
(d) She collapsed.
4. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
(a) At the chapel.
(b) At her aunt's home.
(c) At the library.
(d) At a gallery.
5. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Vera's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
2. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
3. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
4. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
5. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)