|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera's coworkers tease her about in Chapter 5?
(a) Wearing old-fashioned shoes.
(b) Being disciplined by the Head Nurse.
(c) Running off to get married.
(d) Constantly forgetting things.
2. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Go abroad to study.
(c) Participate in political protests.
(d) Write to politicians.
3. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was spoiled.
(b) That she was timid.
(c) That she was clever.
(d) That she was charming.
4. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
(d) North Africa.
5. What did Vera find out when she went to Brighton to wait for Roland?
(a) That Edward had been wounded.
(b) That one of her short stories was to be published.
(c) That Roland had died.
(d) That her father had had a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Vera have problems with in Chapter 4?
2. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
3. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
4. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
5. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)