|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
(a) Four days before WWI began.
(b) On the day WWI began.
(c) One month before WWI began.
(d) Two weeks before WWI began.
2. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(b) That he was going to fight in Europe.
(c) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(d) That he would go to Harvard.
3. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
(a) Roland and Vera had their first argument.
(b) Vera told Roland she was going to America.
(c) Roland and Vera got engaged.
(d) Roland became ill.
4. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
(a) St. Andrews.
5. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Register to vote.
(c) Enter an artistic competition.
(d) Go to University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
2. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
3. What field did Roland's mother work in?
4. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
5. What is the name of Vera's brother?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)