|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Vera's father retire?
(a) He had a disagreement with his associates.
(b) He was diagnosed with cancer.
(c) He was too old to continue working.
(d) His business started losing money.
2. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
3. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
(a) Child care.
(b) First aid.
(c) Driving an automobile.
(d) Veterinary care.
4. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
(b) St. Andrews.
5. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
(a) Anti-war rallies.
(b) Society tea parties.
(d) Publishing industry functions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
2. What field did Roland's mother work in?
3. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
4. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
5. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)