|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
(a) Field hockey.
(c) Show jumping.
2. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Enter an artistic competition.
(b) Register to vote.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Go to University.
3. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
4. Who visited Vera near the end of the term in Chapter 4?
(b) Her mother.
5. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Go abroad to study.
(c) Participate in political protests.
(d) Write to politicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
2. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
3. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
4. Where did Edward do his officer's training? Sandgate.
5. Where did Vera receive an appointment to work at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)