|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
2. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
(a) At her aunt's home.
(b) At the chapel.
(c) At the library.
(d) At a gallery.
3. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
(a) Returned to her studies at Oxford.
(b) Started teaching at a nursery school.
(c) Transferred to an art school.
(d) Focused on writing in Buxton.
4. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Taking part in a political protest.
(b) Talking to her brother's friends.
(c) Skipping school.
(d) Dressing in boys' clothes.
5. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
(a) Write in a diary.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Save her money so she could travel.
(d) Work a part-time job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Where did Vera receive an appointment to work at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What did Vera attend while in London to see Roland?
4. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
5. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)