|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
(a) St. Margaret's.
(b) St. Monica's.
(c) St. Anne's.
(d) St. Agatha's.
2. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was spoiled.
(b) That she was timid.
(c) That she was clever.
(d) That she was charming.
3. What did Vera often do at the hospital?
(a) Stitched up wounds.
(b) Prepared dressing trays.
(c) Set bones.
(d) Counseled patients.
4. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
5. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
(a) Speaking Latin in the village.
(b) Spending most of her time in London.
(c) Wearing the latest fashions.
(d) Studying hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
2. Where was Edward's regiment sent in Chapter 4?
3. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
5. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)