|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
(a) Get married.
(b) Work for a newspaper.
(c) Go into nursing.
(d) Continue her studies at Cambridge.
2. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
(b) Horseback riding.
3. What did Roland send to Vera after being sent to the front?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) Ruby earrings.
(d) An amethyst brooch.
4. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
(a) A journalism group.
(b) A pacifism organization.
(c) A humorist group.
(d) A suffrage organization.
5. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Go to University.
(c) Register to vote.
(d) Enter an artistic competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
2. What happened to Vera one day while working in the ward?
3. Where did Vera begin to do volunteer work?
4. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
5. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)