|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera attend while in London to see Roland?
(a) A war fundraiser.
(b) A suffrage rally.
(c) A debutant ball.
(d) A job interview.
2. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
3. Why did the length of Vera's letters to Roland decrease?
(a) She wasn't allowed to say what happened at the hospital.
(b) She had to ration her letter-writing paper.
(c) She didn't have time to write to Roland.
(d) She ran out of things to say to Roland.
4. What did Vera's coworkers tease her about in Chapter 5?
(a) Running off to get married.
(b) Constantly forgetting things.
(c) Wearing old-fashioned shoes.
(d) Being disciplined by the Head Nurse.
5. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Dressing in boys' clothes.
(b) Talking to her brother's friends.
(c) Taking part in a political protest.
(d) Skipping school.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Roland say he would have leave in Chapter 5?
2. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
3. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
4. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
5. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)