|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
(a) Work for a newspaper.
(b) Continue her studies at Cambridge.
(c) Get married.
(d) Go into nursing.
2. Why did Vera's father retire?
(a) He had a disagreement with his associates.
(b) He was too old to continue working.
(c) His business started losing money.
(d) He was diagnosed with cancer.
3. What did Vera find out when she went to Brighton to wait for Roland?
(a) That Edward had been wounded.
(b) That her father had had a heart attack.
(c) That one of her short stories was to be published.
(d) That Roland had died.
4. In Chapter 5, who moved into quarters next to the hospital with Vera and Betty?
5. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
(a) Four days before WWI began.
(b) One month before WWI began.
(c) On the day WWI began.
(d) Two weeks before WWI began.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Vera's brother?
2. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
3. Who visited Vera near the end of the term in Chapter 4?
4. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)