|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
(a) The Battle of Loos.
(b) The Battle of Ypres.
(c) The Battle of Guillemont.
(d) The Battle of Lone Pine.
2. Where did Vera begin to do volunteer work?
(a) A hospital in Devonshire.
(b) A hospital in Dorset.
(c) A hospital in Wiltshire.
(d) A hospital in Cornwall.
3. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
(b) St. Andrews.
4. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(b) That he would go to Harvard.
(c) That he was going to fight in Europe.
(d) The he failed his university entrance exams.
5. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
(a) Write in a diary.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Save her money so she could travel.
(d) Work a part-time job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
2. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
3. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
4. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
5. Who visited Vera near the end of the term in Chapter 4?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)