|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
(a) An academic study camp.
(b) A military camp.
(c) A fishing camp.
(d) A boy scout camp.
2. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) One hour.
3. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(b) That he was going to fight in Europe.
(c) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(d) That he would go to Harvard.
4. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
(a) Get married.
(b) Continue her studies at Cambridge.
(c) Go into nursing.
(d) Work for a newspaper.
5. What did Vera attend while in London to see Roland?
(a) A job interview.
(b) A war fundraiser.
(c) A debutant ball.
(d) A suffrage rally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
2. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
3. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
4. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
5. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)