|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he would go to Harvard.
(b) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(c) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(d) That he was going to fight in Europe.
2. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
(a) A suffrage organization.
(b) A journalism group.
(c) A pacifism organization.
(d) A humorist group.
3. Why did the length of Vera's letters to Roland decrease?
(a) She had to ration her letter-writing paper.
(b) She wasn't allowed to say what happened at the hospital.
(c) She didn't have time to write to Roland.
(d) She ran out of things to say to Roland.
4. How far were Vera's lodgings from the hospital?
(a) Half a mile.
(b) One and a half miles.
(c) Next door.
(d) Three miles.
5. Where did Vera's parents move to from Buxton?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
2. Where was Roland's family estate?
3. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
4. What is the name of Vera's brother?
5. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)