|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
(d) St. Andrews.
2. Where did Vera begin to do volunteer work?
(a) A hospital in Devonshire.
(b) A hospital in Dorset.
(c) A hospital in Cornwall.
(d) A hospital in Wiltshire.
3. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(b) The civil rights movement.
(c) The feminist movement.
4. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For Christmas.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For Easter.
(d) For her birthday.
5. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Participate in political protests.
(b) Read the newspaper.
(c) Go abroad to study.
(d) Write to politicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
2. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
3. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
4. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
5. Who visited Vera near the end of the term in Chapter 4?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)