|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
(a) Child care.
(b) First aid.
(c) Driving an automobile.
(d) Veterinary care.
2. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
3. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
4. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(a) The feminist movement.
(b) The civil rights movement.
5. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
(a) Society tea parties.
(b) Publishing industry functions.
(c) Anti-war rallies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
2. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
3. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
4. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
5. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)