|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Enter an artistic competition.
(b) Go to University.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Register to vote.
2. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
(a) Returned to her studies at Oxford.
(b) Transferred to an art school.
(c) Focused on writing in Buxton.
(d) Started teaching at a nursery school.
3. What did Vera attend at her brother's school in Chapter 2?
(a) Sports day.
(b) Exam day.
(c) Open House day.
(d) Speech day.
4. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
(a) That it was ideal.
(b) That it was difficult.
(c) That is was lonely.
(d) That it was boring.
5. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
(b) St. Andrews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
2. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
3. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
4. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
5. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)