|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he was going to fight in Europe.
(b) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(c) That he would go to Harvard.
(d) The he failed his university entrance exams.
2. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
(c) Modern history.
3. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
(a) Horseback riding.
4. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
(a) On the day WWI began.
(b) One month before WWI began.
(c) Two weeks before WWI began.
(d) Four days before WWI began.
5. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Enter an artistic competition.
(b) Go to University.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Register to vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
2. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
3. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
4. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
5. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)