|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
2. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
(a) Took all of their savings out of the bank.
(b) Planted vegetable gardens.
(c) Fled from the town.
(d) Stockpiled food.
3. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he would go to Harvard.
(b) That he was going to fight in Europe.
(c) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(d) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
4. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
5. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
(a) St. Anne's.
(b) St. Margaret's.
(c) St. Agatha's.
(d) St. Monica's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
2. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
3. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
4. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
5. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)