|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
(d) St. Andrews.
2. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
(a) Visiting some school friends.
(b) Going on a trip together.
(c) Breaking up.
3. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
(a) Because her father's job was transferred.
(b) To be near good schools.
(c) Because they couldn't afford to live in the city anymore.
(d) To be near her grandparents.
4. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
(a) At her aunt's home.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the chapel.
(d) At a gallery.
5. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
(a) Somerville College.
(b) Exeter College.
(c) Magdalen College.
(d) Trinity College.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
2. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
3. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
4. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
5. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)