|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
(a) St. Monica's.
(b) St. Agatha's.
(c) St. Anne's.
(d) St. Margaret's.
2. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
(b) Visiting some school friends.
(c) Going on a trip together.
(d) Breaking up.
3. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Participate in political protests.
(c) Go abroad to study.
(d) Write to politicians.
4. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
(a) A pacifism organization.
(b) A journalism group.
(c) A suffrage organization.
(d) A humorist group.
5. What did Roland send to Vera after being sent to the front?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) An amethyst brooch.
(d) Ruby earrings.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
2. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
3. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
4. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
5. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)