|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) Vera's grandmother.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A businessman.
2. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(b) The civil rights movement.
(d) The feminist movement.
3. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
(a) North Africa.
4. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Go to University.
(b) Enter an artistic competition.
(c) Register to vote.
(d) Join the military.
5. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
(a) That it was ideal.
(b) That it was boring.
(c) That is was lonely.
(d) That it was difficult.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
2. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
3. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
4. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
5. What did Vera attend at her brother's school in Chapter 2?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)