|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For Easter.
(b) For her birthday.
(c) For Christmas.
(d) For a funeral.
2. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
(a) In September.
(b) In November.
(c) In June.
(d) In August.
3. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
(a) He was a painter.
(b) He was a musician.
(c) He was a professor.
(d) He was a writer.
4. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
(a) Work a part-time job.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Write in a diary.
(d) Save her money so she could travel.
5. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was timid.
(b) That she was clever.
(c) That she was charming.
(d) That she was spoiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
2. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
3. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
4. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
5. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)