|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
(a) Breaking up.
(b) Going on a trip together.
(d) Visiting some school friends.
2. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
(a) Society tea parties.
(b) Anti-war rallies.
(d) Publishing industry functions.
3. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
4. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(a) The feminist movement.
(c) The civil rights movement.
5. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
(a) Transferred to an art school.
(b) Returned to her studies at Oxford.
(c) Focused on writing in Buxton.
(d) Started teaching at a nursery school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
2. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
4. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
5. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)