|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
(a) Get married.
(b) Work for a newspaper.
(c) Go into nursing.
(d) Continue her studies at Cambridge.
2. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
(a) A journalism group.
(b) A pacifism organization.
(c) A humorist group.
(d) A suffrage organization.
3. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
(a) London being bombed.
(b) Roland dying in France.
(c) Edward being lost at sea.
(d) Her wedding.
4. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Participate in political protests.
(b) Go abroad to study.
(c) Read the newspaper.
(d) Write to politicians.
5. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
(a) Flooding in the north.
(b) A concert he went to.
(c) Seeing trains full of troops.
(d) Witnessing a hotel fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
2. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
3. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
4. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
5. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)