|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
(a) Fled from the town.
(b) Stockpiled food.
(c) Planted vegetable gardens.
(d) Took all of their savings out of the bank.
2. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
(b) Breaking up.
(c) Going on a trip together.
(d) Visiting some school friends.
3. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(b) That he would go to Harvard.
(c) That he was going to fight in Europe.
(d) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
4. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
(a) Child care.
(b) Veterinary care.
(c) Driving an automobile.
(d) First aid.
5. Where did Vera begin to do volunteer work?
(a) A hospital in Cornwall.
(b) A hospital in Dorset.
(c) A hospital in Devonshire.
(d) A hospital in Wiltshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
2. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
3. What did Roland send to Vera after being sent to the front?
4. Where did Edward do his officer's training? Sandgate.
5. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)