|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
(a) Trinity College.
(b) Exeter College.
(c) Somerville College.
(d) Magdalen College.
2. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
(a) Child care.
(b) First aid.
(c) Driving an automobile.
(d) Veterinary care.
3. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
(a) In September.
(b) In November.
(c) In August.
(d) In June.
4. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A businessman.
(d) Vera's grandmother.
5. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
(a) Work a part-time job.
(b) Write in a diary.
(c) Save her money so she could travel.
(d) Write a novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
2. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
3. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
4. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
5. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)