|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vera begin to do volunteer work?
(a) A hospital in Wiltshire.
(b) A hospital in Dorset.
(c) A hospital in Cornwall.
(d) A hospital in Devonshire.
2. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
(a) At her aunt's home.
(b) At the chapel.
(c) At the library.
(d) At a gallery.
3. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
(a) Go into nursing.
(b) Continue her studies at Cambridge.
(c) Work for a newspaper.
(d) Get married.
4. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) One hour.
5. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For her birthday.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For Easter.
(d) For Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
2. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
3. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
4. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
5. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)