|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(b) That he would go to Harvard.
(c) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(d) That he was going to fight in Europe.
2. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
(a) He had poor eyesight.
(b) He was underage.
(c) He had pneumonia.
(d) He was deaf in one ear.
3. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
(a) Newspaper articles.
(b) Letters to politicians.
(d) Letters to penpals around the world.
4. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
5. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
(a) Somerville College.
(b) Trinity College.
(c) Magdalen College.
(d) Exeter College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Vera's brother?
2. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
3. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
4. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
5. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)