|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
2. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Taking part in a political protest.
(b) Dressing in boys' clothes.
(c) Talking to her brother's friends.
(d) Skipping school.
3. What is the name of Vera's brother?
4. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Write to politicians.
(b) Read the newspaper.
(c) Participate in political protests.
(d) Go abroad to study.
5. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
(a) Visiting some school friends.
(c) Breaking up.
(d) Going on a trip together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
2. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
3. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
4. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
5. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)