|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was charming.
(b) That she was timid.
(c) That she was spoiled.
(d) That she was clever.
2. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
(a) Flooding in the north.
(b) Seeing trains full of troops.
(c) Witnessing a hotel fire.
(d) A concert he went to.
3. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
(a) Breaking up.
(c) Going on a trip together.
(d) Visiting some school friends.
4. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
5. What is the name of Vera's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
2. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
3. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
4. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
5. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)