|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
(a) A humorist group.
(b) A journalism group.
(c) A suffrage organization.
(d) A pacifism organization.
2. Where did Edward do his officer's training?
3. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
(a) Because they couldn't afford to live in the city anymore.
(b) Because her father's job was transferred.
(c) To be near her grandparents.
(d) To be near good schools.
4. What did Roland send to Vera after being sent to the front?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) An amethyst brooch.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) Ruby earrings.
5. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
2. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
3. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
4. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
5. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)