|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) Vera's grandmother.
2. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
(a) He was deaf in one ear.
(b) He had pneumonia.
(c) He was underage.
(d) He had poor eyesight.
3. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
4. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
(a) At her aunt's home.
(b) At a gallery.
(c) At the chapel.
(d) At the library.
5. What did Vera attend at her brother's school in Chapter 2?
(a) Speech day.
(b) Open House day.
(c) Sports day.
(d) Exam day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
2. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
3. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
4. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
5. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)