|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
(a) Work a part-time job.
(b) Save her money so she could travel.
(c) Write a novel.
(d) Write in a diary.
2. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
3. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was timid.
(b) That she was spoiled.
(c) That she was charming.
(d) That she was clever.
4. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
(a) Speaking Latin in the village.
(b) Studying hard.
(c) Wearing the latest fashions.
(d) Spending most of her time in London.
5. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
(b) St. Andrews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
2. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
3. What is the name of Vera's brother?
4. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
5. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)