|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Edward do his officer's training?
2. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
(a) Work a part-time job.
(b) Save her money so she could travel.
(c) Write in a diary.
(d) Write a novel.
3. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
4. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
(a) He was deaf in one ear.
(b) He had pneumonia.
(c) He had poor eyesight.
(d) He was underage.
5. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
(a) Two weeks before WWI began.
(b) One month before WWI began.
(c) On the day WWI began.
(d) Four days before WWI began.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
2. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
3. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
4. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
5. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)