|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
(a) An academic study camp.
(b) A boy scout camp.
(c) A military camp.
(d) A fishing camp.
2. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
3. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was clever.
(b) That she was spoiled.
(c) That she was charming.
(d) That she was timid.
4. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
(a) Exeter College.
(b) Magdalen College.
(c) Somerville College.
(d) Trinity College.
5. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Go abroad to study.
(b) Participate in political protests.
(c) Read the newspaper.
(d) Write to politicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
2. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
3. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
4. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
5. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)