|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Edward do his officer's training?
2. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Vera's grandmother.
(d) A businessman.
3. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
(a) A military camp.
(b) A fishing camp.
(c) A boy scout camp.
(d) An academic study camp.
4. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
(a) That is was lonely.
(b) That it was difficult.
(c) That it was boring.
(d) That it was ideal.
5. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
(a) Newspaper articles.
(b) Letters to politicians.
(c) Letters to penpals around the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
2. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
3. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
4. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
5. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)