|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
(a) Horseback riding.
2. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
(a) St. Monica's.
(b) St. Margaret's.
(c) St. Anne's.
(d) St. Agatha's.
3. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
(a) Exeter College.
(b) Magdalen College.
(c) Trinity College.
(d) Somerville College.
4. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
(a) He was a writer.
(b) He was a painter.
(c) He was a professor.
(d) He was a musician.
5. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
(a) A humorist group.
(b) A pacifism organization.
(c) A suffrage organization.
(d) A journalism group.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
2. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
3. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
4. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
5. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)