|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
2. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
(a) St. Monica's.
(b) St. Agatha's.
(c) St. Anne's.
(d) St. Margaret's.
3. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Go abroad to study.
(b) Read the newspaper.
(c) Write to politicians.
(d) Participate in political protests.
4. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
(a) Child care.
(b) Veterinary care.
(c) Driving an automobile.
(d) First aid.
5. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Enter an artistic competition.
(b) Register to vote.
(c) Go to University.
(d) Join the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
2. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
3. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
4. Where did Edward do his officer's training? Sandgate.
5. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)