|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
(a) He was underage.
(b) He had pneumonia.
(c) He had poor eyesight.
(d) He was deaf in one ear.
2. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
(a) A concert he went to.
(b) Witnessing a hotel fire.
(c) Flooding in the north.
(d) Seeing trains full of troops.
3. What did Vera attend at her brother's school in Chapter 2?
(a) Sports day.
(b) Exam day.
(c) Speech day.
(d) Open House day.
4. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
(a) Letters to politicians.
(c) Newspaper articles.
(d) Letters to penpals around the world.
5. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
(a) North Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
2. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
3. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
4. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
5. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)