|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
(a) St. Monica's.
(b) St. Agatha's.
(c) St. Anne's.
(d) St. Margaret's.
2. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Write to politicians.
(c) Go abroad to study.
(d) Participate in political protests.
3. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For her birthday.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For Easter.
(d) For Christmas.
4. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
(a) One month before WWI began.
(b) Four days before WWI began.
(c) Two weeks before WWI began.
(d) On the day WWI began.
5. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
2. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
3. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of Vera's brother?
5. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)