|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
(a) Spending most of her time in London.
(b) Wearing the latest fashions.
(c) Studying hard.
(d) Speaking Latin in the village.
2. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(a) The feminist movement.
(d) The civil rights movement.
3. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
(a) A military camp.
(b) A boy scout camp.
(c) An academic study camp.
(d) A fishing camp.
4. Where did Edward do his officer's training?
5. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
(a) Exeter College.
(b) Magdalen College.
(c) Somerville College.
(d) Trinity College.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
2. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
3. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
4. What did Vera attend at her brother's school in Chapter 2?
5. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)