|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
(a) One month before WWI began.
(b) Two weeks before WWI began.
(c) On the day WWI began.
(d) Four days before WWI began.
2. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was timid.
(b) That she was spoiled.
(c) That she was charming.
(d) That she was clever.
3. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
(a) A pacifism organization.
(b) A journalism group.
(c) A suffrage organization.
(d) A humorist group.
4. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
5. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
(b) North Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
2. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
3. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
4. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
5. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)