|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
(a) Took all of their savings out of the bank.
(b) Stockpiled food.
(c) Planted vegetable gardens.
(d) Fled from the town.
2. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
(a) To be near her grandparents.
(b) Because her father's job was transferred.
(c) To be near good schools.
(d) Because they couldn't afford to live in the city anymore.
3. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
(a) Driving an automobile.
(b) Veterinary care.
(c) First aid.
(d) Child care.
4. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was charming.
(b) That she was clever.
(c) That she was spoiled.
(d) That she was timid.
5. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
2. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
3. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
4. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
5. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)