|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Enter an artistic competition.
(c) Go to University.
(d) Register to vote.
2. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
(a) He had pneumonia.
(b) He had poor eyesight.
(c) He was deaf in one ear.
(d) He was underage.
3. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(a) The civil rights movement.
(b) The feminist movement.
4. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
5. Where did Edward do his officer's training?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
3. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
4. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
5. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)