|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
(a) Stockpiled food.
(b) Fled from the town.
(c) Planted vegetable gardens.
(d) Took all of their savings out of the bank.
2. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
3. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
(a) Exeter College.
(b) Somerville College.
(c) Magdalen College.
(d) Trinity College.
4. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
(a) Studying hard.
(b) Spending most of her time in London.
(c) Wearing the latest fashions.
(d) Speaking Latin in the village.
5. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Go abroad to study.
(c) Write to politicians.
(d) Participate in political protests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
2. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
3. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
4. What is the name of Vera's brother?
5. Where did Edward do his officer's training? Sandgate.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)