|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
(a) North Africa.
2. What is the name of Vera's brother?
3. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For her birthday.
(b) For Christmas.
(c) For a funeral.
(d) For Easter.
4. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Participate in political protests.
(b) Read the newspaper.
(c) Write to politicians.
(d) Go abroad to study.
5. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
(a) That it was boring.
(b) That it was ideal.
(c) That it was difficult.
(d) That is was lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
2. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
3. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
4. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
5. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)