|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Participate in political protests.
(b) Write to politicians.
(c) Go abroad to study.
(d) Read the newspaper.
2. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was spoiled.
(b) That she was charming.
(c) That she was clever.
(d) That she was timid.
3. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(b) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(c) That he would go to Harvard.
(d) That he was going to fight in Europe.
4. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
(a) A pacifism organization.
(b) A suffrage organization.
(c) A humorist group.
(d) A journalism group.
5. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
2. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
3. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
5. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)