|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
(a) Somerville College.
(b) Trinity College.
(c) Magdalen College.
(d) Exeter College.
2. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
3. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
(a) Write in a diary.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Save her money so she could travel.
(d) Work a part-time job.
4. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For Easter.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For Christmas.
(d) For her birthday.
5. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
(a) St. Margaret's.
(b) St. Anne's.
(c) St. Monica's.
(d) St. Agatha's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera attend at her brother's school in Chapter 2?
2. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
3. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
4. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
5. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)