|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
(a) He had poor eyesight.
(b) He had pneumonia.
(c) He was underage.
(d) He was deaf in one ear.
2. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
3. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
(a) A pacifism organization.
(b) A humorist group.
(c) A journalism group.
(d) A suffrage organization.
4. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(c) The feminist movement.
(d) The civil rights movement.
5. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Enter an artistic competition.
(b) Register to vote.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Go to University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
2. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
3. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
4. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
5. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)