|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For her birthday.
(b) For Easter.
(c) For a funeral.
(d) For Christmas.
2. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
3. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Go abroad to study.
(b) Participate in political protests.
(c) Write to politicians.
(d) Read the newspaper.
4. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
5. What is the name of Vera's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
2. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
3. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
4. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
5. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)