|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
(a) St. Anne's.
(b) St. Margaret's.
(c) St. Monica's.
(d) St. Agatha's.
2. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Register to vote.
(b) Join the military.
(c) Go to University.
(d) Enter an artistic competition.
3. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) Vera's grandmother.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A businessman.
4. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For Easter.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For her birthday.
(d) For Christmas.
5. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
(c) Horseback riding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
2. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
3. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
4. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
5. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)