|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
(c) North Africa.
2. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Talking to her brother's friends.
(b) Dressing in boys' clothes.
(c) Skipping school.
(d) Taking part in a political protest.
3. What did Edward tell his family about when he returned from camp?
(a) Seeing trains full of troops.
(b) Flooding in the north.
(c) A concert he went to.
(d) Witnessing a hotel fire.
4. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
(a) A journalism group.
(b) A humorist group.
(c) A pacifism organization.
(d) A suffrage organization.
5. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For Christmas.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For her birthday.
(d) For Easter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
2. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
3. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
4. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
5. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)