|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was spoiled.
(b) That she was clever.
(c) That she was charming.
(d) That she was timid.
2. What is the name of Vera's brother?
3. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
(a) Four days before WWI began.
(b) On the day WWI began.
(c) One month before WWI began.
(d) Two weeks before WWI began.
4. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Participate in political protests.
(b) Read the newspaper.
(c) Go abroad to study.
(d) Write to politicians.
5. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Vera's grandmother.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
2. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
3. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
4. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
5. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)