|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
(a) St. Agatha's.
(b) St. Margaret's.
(c) St. Monica's.
(d) St. Anne's.
2. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
(a) A humorist group.
(b) A pacifism organization.
(c) A suffrage organization.
(d) A journalism group.
3. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
(d) Modern history.
4. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
(a) Studying hard.
(b) Wearing the latest fashions.
(c) Speaking Latin in the village.
(d) Spending most of her time in London.
5. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For Easter.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For Christmas.
(d) For her birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
2. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
3. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
4. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)