|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
2. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Taking part in a political protest.
(b) Skipping school.
(c) Dressing in boys' clothes.
(d) Talking to her brother's friends.
3. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
4. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
(b) Letters to penpals around the world.
(c) Newspaper articles.
(d) Letters to politicians.
5. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
(a) That she was spoiled.
(b) That she was clever.
(c) That she was charming.
(d) That she was timid.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
2. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
3. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
4. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
5. What is the name of Vera's brother?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)