|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For Christmas.
(b) For Easter.
(c) For her birthday.
(d) For a funeral.
2. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
(a) He had pneumonia.
(b) He was deaf in one ear.
(c) He was underage.
(d) He had poor eyesight.
3. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
4. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
(c) North Africa.
5. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
(a) He was a writer.
(b) He was a musician.
(c) He was a professor.
(d) He was a painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
2. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
3. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
4. What is the name of Vera's brother?
5. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)