|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For her birthday.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For Easter.
(d) For Christmas.
2. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(b) That he was going to fight in Europe.
(c) That he would go to Harvard.
(d) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
3. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
(a) That it was difficult.
(b) That it was ideal.
(c) That is was lonely.
(d) That it was boring.
4. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
(a) A military camp.
(b) A boy scout camp.
(c) An academic study camp.
(d) A fishing camp.
5. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(c) The civil rights movement.
(d) The feminist movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
2. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
3. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
4. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
5. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)