Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died while Vera was back in England in Chapter 7?
2. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
(a) Two weeks before WWI began.
(b) One month before WWI began.
(c) Four days before WWI began.
(d) On the day WWI began.
3. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
(a) To a Greek island.
(b) To Berlin.
(c) The Persian Gulf.
(d) To Northern Italy.
4. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(b) That he would go to Harvard.
(c) That he was going to fight in Europe.
(d) The he failed his university entrance exams.
5. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
(a) Vera told Roland she was going to America.
(b) Roland and Vera had their first argument.
(c) Roland became ill.
(d) Roland and Vera got engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Vera and Betty grow apart in Chapter 7?
2. How far were Vera's lodgings from the hospital?
3. What ship did Vera and Betty take to their foreign post?
4. Why did the length of Vera's letters to Roland decrease?
5. In Chapter 7, who died in April?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)