Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
(a) He was deaf in one ear.
(b) He was underage.
(c) He had pneumonia.
(d) He had poor eyesight.
2. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
(a) St. Margaret's.
(b) St. Agatha's.
(c) St. Anne's.
(d) St. Monica's.
3. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
(a) That it was boring.
(b) That it was difficult.
(c) That is was lonely.
(d) That it was ideal.
4. Why did Vera go back to Buxton in Chapter 3?
(a) For Easter.
(b) For her birthday.
(c) For a funeral.
(d) For Christmas.
5. Where did Edward do his officer's training?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
2. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
3. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
4. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
5. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)