|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edward tell Vera in a letter in Chapter 6?
(a) That he had gotten engaged.
(b) That he was leaving the army.
(c) That he was returning to England.
(d) That he had been wounded.
2. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
(a) Show jumping.
(b) Field hockey.
3. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
(a) Two weeks before WWI began.
(b) On the day WWI began.
(c) Four days before WWI began.
(d) One month before WWI began.
4. After her brother's death, what did Vera publish?
(a) Magazine articles about Malta.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) A novel.
(d) A collection of short stories.
5. How many weeks did Vera spend travelling through Europe?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera have published in Chapter 10?
2. What was evident from the way Vera worked after Roland died?
3. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
4. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
5. What happened to Vera one day while working in the ward?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)