|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
2. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
3. Where did Vera receive an appointment to work at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) King's College Hospital.
(b) The 1st London General Hospital.
(c) Westminster Hospital.
(d) The Royal London Hospital.
4. Why did Vera's father retire?
(a) He was too old to continue working.
(b) His business started losing money.
(c) He had a disagreement with his associates.
(d) He was diagnosed with cancer.
5. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
2. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
3. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
4. Which ward was Vera assigned to in Chapter 8?
5. Who did Vera have problems with in Chapter 4?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)