|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
(d) North Africa.
2. What did Vera make notes for in Chapter 10?
(a) A speech at the university.
(b) A letter of protest.
(c) A novel she intended to write.
(d) A newspaper article.
3. Where did Vera meet with Oswaldo Giacoma?
4. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
(a) Work a part-time job.
(b) Save her money so she could travel.
(c) Write in a diary.
(d) Write a novel.
5. What did Vera's coworkers tease her about in Chapter 5?
(a) Running off to get married.
(b) Wearing old-fashioned shoes.
(c) Being disciplined by the Head Nurse.
(d) Constantly forgetting things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera spend a lot of time thinking about after the Armistice?
2. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
3. In which month did Vera's night duty end?
4. How many weeks did Vera spend travelling through Europe?
5. After her brother's death, what did Vera lose interest in?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)