|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera call her new roommate in Chapter 8?
(a) Red-haired M.
(b) Red-haired F.
(c) Red-haired S.
(d) Red-haired D.
2. What field did Roland's mother work in?
3. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
(a) Go to University.
(b) Register to vote.
(c) Enter an artistic competition.
(d) Join the military.
4. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two hours.
5. What happened to Vera one day while working in the ward?
(a) She came down with a high fever.
(b) She was yelled at by a doctor.
(c) She sprained her ankle.
(d) She collapsed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Edward's regiment sent in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 9, where were the nurses in Etaples said to have been sleeping?
3. Which ward was Vera assigned to in Chapter 8?
4. Where did Vera meet with Oswaldo Giacoma?
5. In which month did Vera's night duty end?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)