|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Vera get to meet as a result of her writing?
(a) The commander of the British army.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The head of Oxford.
(d) The Prime Minister.
2. What did Vera make notes for in Chapter 10?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A speech at the university.
(c) A novel she intended to write.
(d) A letter of protest.
3. Where did Vera live while working at the civilian hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) In a shared flat.
(b) In a cottage.
(c) In a mansion.
(d) In the hospital basement.
4. Where was Queen Alexandra's Hospital located?
5. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Vera's grandmother.
(d) A businessman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
2. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
3. When did Roland say he would have leave in Chapter 5?
4. What got lost in Chapter 8?
5. What did Vera call her new roommate in Chapter 8?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)