|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera experience for the first time while she was in London in Chapter 8?
(a) A bombing raid.
(b) A meeting with a publisher.
(d) A wartime rally.
2. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
3. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Participate in political protests.
(b) Go abroad to study.
(c) Write to politicians.
(d) Read the newspaper.
4. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
(a) Two weeks before WWI began.
(b) Four days before WWI began.
(c) On the day WWI began.
(d) One month before WWI began.
5. In Chapter 9, where were the nurses in Etaples said to have been sleeping?
(a) In a quarantined area.
(b) On the hospital floor.
(c) At a luxury hotel.
(d) In the trenches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Vera become closer to after Roland died?
2. What did Vera earn her income from?
3. What was evident from the way Vera worked after Roland died?
4. Where were Betty and Vera assigned to duty in Chapter 7?
5. In what month did Vera leave Millbank?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)