|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera's school allow for the first time after the war?
(a) Male-female debates.
(b) Female students wearing trousers.
(c) Scholarships for low income students.
(d) Female team sports.
2. What is the name of Vera's brother?
3. Resulting from the societal changes around 1919, what was Vera able to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Receive a grant to start her own business.
(b) Earn a degree from Oxford.
(c) Join the army.
4. Compared to Malta, why did Vera like her new work post in Chapter 8?
(a) She had more privacy.
(b) She had more free time.
(c) She had less free time.
(d) She was in a populated area.
5. In Chapter 6, what did Vera tell the Principal at Somerville?
(a) That she wanted to do her studies via correspondence.
(b) That women were treated badly at Oxford.
(c) That she would not resume her studies until the war was over.
(d) That she would resume her studies the following autumn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
2. What did Vera find her students were interested in?
3. What did Vera spend a lot of time thinking about after the Armistice?
4. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
5. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)