|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
(a) Roland dying in France.
(b) London being bombed.
(c) Edward being lost at sea.
(d) Her wedding.
2. Who did Vera spend a lot of her time with after the Armistice?
3. What did Vera make notes for in Chapter 10?
(a) A letter of protest.
(b) A speech at the university.
(c) A novel she intended to write.
(d) A newspaper article.
4. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
(a) He was deaf in one ear.
(b) He had pneumonia.
(c) He had poor eyesight.
(d) He was underage.
5. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Edward's regiment sent in Chapter 4?
2. What did Vera earn her income from?
3. Where was Roland's family estate?
4. In Chapter 8, where did Edward indicate he may be sent to fight?
5. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)