|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera find out when she went to Brighton to wait for Roland?
(a) That Edward had been wounded.
(b) That one of her short stories was to be published.
(c) That her father had had a heart attack.
(d) That Roland had died.
2. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
(a) Returned to her studies at Oxford.
(b) Focused on writing in Buxton.
(c) Started teaching at a nursery school.
(d) Transferred to an art school.
3. While on leave from work in Chapter 5, where did Vera travel to?
4. Who did Mina have an affair with in Chapter 4?
(a) An artist.
(b) A professor.
(c) A musician.
(d) A poet.
5. Who was injured at Ypres in Chapter 6?
(d) Vera's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her brother's death, what did Vera publish?
2. What was the name of the civilian hospital Vera was assigned to in Chapter 9?
3. Where was Queen Alexandra's Hospital located?
4. Where was Roland's family estate?
5. What did Roland send to Vera after being sent to the front?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)