|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vera meet with Oswaldo Giacoma?
2. Whose grave did Vera find in France?
(c) Her cousin's.
3. Where did Vera live while working at the civilian hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) In a shared flat.
(b) In a mansion.
(c) In a cottage.
(d) In the hospital basement.
4. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
(a) Planted vegetable gardens.
(b) Fled from the town.
(c) Took all of their savings out of the bank.
(d) Stockpiled food.
5. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
(a) There was heavy fighting nearby.
(b) Vera had broken her leg.
(c) Vera had the flu.
(d) Vera was needed at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
2. What illness did Vera contract shortly after arriving at her foreign post?
3. In Chapter 8, where did Edward indicate he may be sent to fight?
4. Where did Vera spend a lot of time after the Armistice?
5. What did Vera have published in Chapter 10?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)