|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Vera visit in hospitals in Chapter 9?
(a) Patients who had been transferred from Malta.
(b) Former classmates.
(c) People who were with her brother when he died.
(d) Fellow voluntary aid detachment nurses.
2. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
(a) Breaking up.
(b) Visiting some school friends.
(d) Going on a trip together.
3. Which exam did Vera pass in Chapter 10?
(b) Practical Nursing.
(c) Modern Art.
(d) English Literature.
4. What did Vera's school allow for the first time after the war?
(a) Female students wearing trousers.
(b) Scholarships for low income students.
(c) Female team sports.
(d) Male-female debates.
5. Where did Vera spend a lot of time after the Armistice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ship did Vera and Betty take to their foreign post?
2. Where did Vera take her mother after returning to England in Chapter 9?
3. What field did Roland's mother work in?
4. How far were Vera's lodgings from the hospital?
5. What did Vera find out when she reapplied for foreign service in Chapter 9?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)