|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Resulting from the societal changes around 1919, what was Vera able to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Receive a grant to start her own business.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Earn a degree from Oxford.
2. Where did Vera meet with Oswaldo Giacoma?
3. What did Vera find out when she went to Brighton to wait for Roland?
(a) That Edward had been wounded.
(b) That her father had had a heart attack.
(c) That one of her short stories was to be published.
(d) That Roland had died.
4. Who did Vera visit in hospitals in Chapter 9?
(a) Fellow voluntary aid detachment nurses.
(b) Former classmates.
(c) People who were with her brother when he died.
(d) Patients who had been transferred from Malta.
5. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
(b) Visiting some school friends.
(c) Going on a trip together.
(d) Breaking up.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
2. After her brother's death, what did Vera publish?
3. In what month did Vera leave Millbank?
4. What was the name of the town Vera was sent to for her next nursing assignment?
5. Where did Vera take her mother after returning to England in Chapter 9?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)