|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vera take a teaching job?
(d) South Kensington.
2. Why did the length of Vera's letters to Roland decrease?
(a) She ran out of things to say to Roland.
(b) She had to ration her letter-writing paper.
(c) She didn't have time to write to Roland.
(d) She wasn't allowed to say what happened at the hospital.
3. What worried Vera during her voyage to her foreign post?
(c) Home sickness.
4. What did a cable that Vera received in Chapter 7 say?
(a) That Victor had been seriously wounded.
(b) That Edward had run away from his regiment.
(c) That Vera's father was ill.
(d) That Edward had been injured.
5. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
Short Answer Questions
1. Resulting from the societal changes around 1919, what was Vera able to do in Chapter 10?
2. On what topic did Vera become an accomplished lecturer?
3. Who did Vera live with after finishing school?
4. Where did Vera take her mother after returning to England in Chapter 9?
5. What did Vera earn her income from?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)