|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
(a) Focused on writing in Buxton.
(b) Transferred to an art school.
(c) Returned to her studies at Oxford.
(d) Started teaching at a nursery school.
2. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(b) The civil rights movement.
(c) The feminist movement.
3. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Dressing in boys' clothes.
(b) Talking to her brother's friends.
(c) Taking part in a political protest.
(d) Skipping school.
4. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Go abroad to study.
(b) Read the newspaper.
(c) Participate in political protests.
(d) Write to politicians.
5. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
2. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
3. What did Vera attend at her brother's school in Chapter 2?
4. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
5. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)