|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
(a) Four hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three hours.
2. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
(a) That is was lonely.
(b) That it was ideal.
(c) That it was boring.
(d) That it was difficult.
3. What did Roland send to Vera after being sent to the front?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) An amethyst brooch.
(d) Ruby earrings.
4. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
(d) Modern history.
5. Where did Vera begin to do volunteer work?
(a) A hospital in Dorset.
(b) A hospital in Cornwall.
(c) A hospital in Devonshire.
(d) A hospital in Wiltshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
2. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
3. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
4. What did Vera attend while in London to see Roland?
5. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)