|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
(b) Horseback riding.
2. Who did Mina have an affair with in Chapter 4?
(a) A poet.
(b) A musician.
(c) An artist.
(d) A professor.
3. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Go abroad to study.
(c) Write to politicians.
(d) Participate in political protests.
4. What field did Roland's mother work in?
5. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he was going to fight in Europe.
(b) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(c) That he would go to Harvard.
(d) The he failed his university entrance exams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
2. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
3. Who visited Vera near the end of the term in Chapter 4?
4. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
5. What is the name of Vera's brother?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)