|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
(a) One month before WWI began.
(b) On the day WWI began.
(c) Four days before WWI began.
(d) Two weeks before WWI began.
2. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
(a) Speaking Latin in the village.
(b) Studying hard.
(c) Wearing the latest fashions.
(d) Spending most of her time in London.
3. Where was Roland to be sent in Chapter 2?
(d) North Africa.
4. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
(a) Fled from the town.
(b) Took all of their savings out of the bank.
(c) Stockpiled food.
(d) Planted vegetable gardens.
5. What did Mrs. Heath Jones introduce Vera to while she was at school?
(a) The feminist movement.
(d) The civil rights movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
2. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
3. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
4. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
5. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)