|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
(a) A suffrage organization.
(b) A humorist group.
(c) A pacifism organization.
(d) A journalism group.
2. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
(a) The Battle of Loos.
(b) The Battle of Guillemont.
(c) The Battle of Lone Pine.
(d) The Battle of Ypres.
3. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
(a) He was deaf in one ear.
(b) He was underage.
(c) He had poor eyesight.
(d) He had pneumonia.
4. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Roland dying in France.
(c) Edward being lost at sea.
(d) London being bombed.
5. Where did Vera receive an appointment to work at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The 1st London General Hospital.
(b) Westminster Hospital.
(c) King's College Hospital.
(d) The Royal London Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
2. What did Edward need his father's permission to do?
3. What did Vera attend at her brother's school in Chapter 2?
4. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
5. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)