|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) Vera's grandmother.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A businessman.
2. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) One hour.
3. What did Edward hint that Vera and Roland should do in Chapter 4?
(b) Break up.
(c) Move to America.
(d) Throw Edward a birthday party.
4. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
(a) A fishing camp.
(b) A boy scout camp.
(c) A military camp.
(d) An academic study camp.
5. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
(a) That it was ideal.
(b) That it was boring.
(c) That is was lonely.
(d) That it was difficult.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
2. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
3. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
4. Which of Vera's boarding school friends did she lose touch with after becoming a nurse?
5. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)