|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
(a) That is was lonely.
(b) That it was difficult.
(c) That it was ideal.
(d) That it was boring.
2. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
(a) Save her money so she could travel.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Write in a diary.
(d) Work a part-time job.
3. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
(a) Wearing the latest fashions.
(b) Spending most of her time in London.
(c) Speaking Latin in the village.
(d) Studying hard.
4. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
(a) Roland became ill.
(b) Roland and Vera had their first argument.
(c) Vera told Roland she was going to America.
(d) Roland and Vera got engaged.
5. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
(a) Four hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
2. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
3. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
4. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
5. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)