|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
(a) He was underage.
(b) He was deaf in one ear.
(c) He had poor eyesight.
(d) He had pneumonia.
2. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
(a) A boy scout camp.
(b) A military camp.
(c) An academic study camp.
(d) A fishing camp.
3. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
(c) Field hockey.
(d) Show jumping.
4. After the war began, what did the townspeople do when they began to panic?
(a) Fled from the town.
(b) Stockpiled food.
(c) Took all of their savings out of the bank.
(d) Planted vegetable gardens.
5. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group did Vera become involved in at Oxford in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of Vera's brother?
3. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
4. What did Edward hint that Vera and Roland should do in Chapter 4?
5. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)