|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(b) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(c) That he would go to Harvard.
(d) That he was going to fight in Europe.
2. What did Roland send to Vera after being sent to the front?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) An amethyst brooch.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) Ruby earrings.
3. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
(a) Because her father's job was transferred.
(b) To be near good schools.
(c) Because they couldn't afford to live in the city anymore.
(d) To be near her grandparents.
4. What is the name of Vera's brother?
5. Where did Vera begin to do volunteer work?
(a) A hospital in Wiltshire.
(b) A hospital in Devonshire.
(c) A hospital in Cornwall.
(d) A hospital in Dorset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
2. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
3. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
4. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
5. What did Roland's mother think of Vera?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)