|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
(b) Horseback riding.
2. What did Vera pass the examination for in Chapter 3?
(a) Driving an automobile.
(b) First aid.
(c) Child care.
(d) Veterinary care.
3. What did Vera begin to do after she finished school?
(a) Save her money so she could travel.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Work a part-time job.
(d) Write in a diary.
4. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
(a) He was a writer.
(b) He was a professor.
(c) He was a musician.
(d) He was a painter.
5. What Oxford exam did Vera sit and pass in Chapter 3?
(a) Modern history.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
2. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
3. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
4. Where did Vera begin to do volunteer work?
5. What is the name of the boarding school friend Vera kept in touch with for many years?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)