|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
(a) Vera told Roland she was going to America.
(b) Roland became ill.
(c) Roland and Vera had their first argument.
(d) Roland and Vera got engaged.
2. Which college at the university does Vera decide to enter?
(a) Trinity College.
(b) Magdalen College.
(c) Somerville College.
(d) Exeter College.
3. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
(a) The Battle of Guillemont.
(b) The Battle of Loos.
(c) The Battle of Ypres.
(d) The Battle of Lone Pine.
4. Who did Mina have an affair with in Chapter 4?
(a) An artist.
(b) A poet.
(c) A professor.
(d) A musician.
5. What did Vera and Roland discuss after having dinner with her parents?
(a) Visiting some school friends.
(b) Going on a trip together.
(d) Breaking up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Heath Jones encourage her students to do?
2. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
3. Why was Roland at first refused by the military?
4. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
5. What is the name of Vera's brother?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)