|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
(a) That it was difficult.
(b) That it was ideal.
(c) That it was boring.
(d) That is was lonely.
2. What got lost in Chapter 8?
(a) Vera's manuscript.
(b) Vera's engagement ring.
(c) Edward's baggage.
(d) Vera's parents' savings.
3. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
(c) Show jumping.
(d) Field hockey.
4. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
(a) The Battle of Lone Pine.
(b) The Battle of Loos.
(c) The Battle of Ypres.
(d) The Battle of Guillemont.
5. In Chapter 8, where did Edward indicate he may be sent to fight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
2. Where was Edward's regiment sent in Chapter 4?
3. Which ward was Vera assigned to in Chapter 8?
4. Who did Vera have problems with in Chapter 4?
5. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)