|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
(a) Anti-war rallies.
(b) Society tea parties.
(d) Publishing industry functions.
2. What did Vera volunteer for in Chapter 6?
(a) For the Women's Royal Naval Service.
(b) For the foreign service.
(c) For work at a newspaper.
(d) For tutoring students hoping to go to Oxford.
3. What kind of housing did Vera have with her new nursing assignment in Chapter 8?
(a) An inn.
(b) A flat.
(c) A hut.
(d) A cabin.
4. How long was the journey from Buxton to London by train?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two hours.
5. Who was injured at Ypres in Chapter 6?
(b) Vera's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
2. In which month did Vera depart for England in Chapter 8?
3. How many women did Vera share a room with at the hostel?
4. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
5. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)