|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edward hint that Vera and Roland should do in Chapter 4?
(a) Break up.
(b) Throw Edward a birthday party.
(c) Move to America.
2. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he was going to fight in Europe.
(b) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(c) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(d) That he would go to Harvard.
3. What did Vera attend at her brother's school in Chapter 2?
(a) Exam day.
(b) Speech day.
(c) Open House day.
(d) Sports day.
4. Who did Vera have problems with in Chapter 4?
(a) A doctor at the hospital.
(b) One of her patients.
(c) The Head of Nursing.
(d) Her father.
5. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
(a) Vera told Roland she was going to America.
(b) Roland became ill.
(c) Roland and Vera had their first argument.
(d) Roland and Vera got engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Vera act at work after Roland's death?
2. When was Vera's nursing contract with the 1st London General set to expire?
3. Which of Edward's friends did Vera strike up a friendship with in Chapter 2?
4. After Malta, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
5. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)