|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) Vera's grandmother.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A businessman.
2. What did Vera experience for the first time while she was in London in Chapter 8?
(a) A wartime rally.
(b) A meeting with a publisher.
(d) A bombing raid.
3. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
(b) Field hockey.
(d) Show jumping.
4. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
(a) Wearing the latest fashions.
(b) Studying hard.
(c) Spending most of her time in London.
(d) Speaking Latin in the village.
5. What got lost in Chapter 8?
(a) Vera's manuscript.
(b) Edward's baggage.
(c) Vera's engagement ring.
(d) Vera's parents' savings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mina have an affair with in Chapter 4?
2. How long were Vera and Betty in the hospital due to their illness?
3. Why did Vera ask for leave at the end of Chapter 8?
4. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
5. Who did Vera have problems with in Chapter 4?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)