|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
(a) In August.
(b) In September.
(c) In June.
(d) In November.
2. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
(b) Field hockey.
(c) Show jumping.
3. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
(a) To Berlin.
(b) To Northern Italy.
(c) To a Greek island.
(d) The Persian Gulf.
4. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he would not attend University unless Vera did
(b) The he failed his university entrance exams.
(c) That he was going to fight in Europe.
(d) That he would go to Harvard.
5. Who did Mina have an affair with in Chapter 4?
(a) An artist.
(b) A musician.
(c) A professor.
(d) A poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
2. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
3. What got lost in Chapter 8?
4. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
5. Who was injured at Ypres in Chapter 6?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)