|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
(b) Newspaper articles.
(c) Letters to penpals around the world.
(d) Letters to politicians.
2. In Chapter 8, where did Edward indicate he may be sent to fight?
3. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
(a) To a Greek island.
(b) To Berlin.
(c) The Persian Gulf.
(d) To Northern Italy.
4. Where did Vera begin to do volunteer work?
(a) A hospital in Cornwall.
(b) A hospital in Devonshire.
(c) A hospital in Dorset.
(d) A hospital in Wiltshire.
5. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Edward being lost at sea.
(c) Roland dying in France.
(d) London being bombed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Vera ask for leave at the end of Chapter 8?
2. Where was Roland's family estate?
3. How did Vera act at work after Roland's death?
4. Who did Mina have an affair with in Chapter 4?
5. What did Roland send to Vera after being sent to the front?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)