|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which month did Vera's night duty end?
2. Who did Mina have an affair with in Chapter 4?
(a) A professor.
(b) A musician.
(c) An artist.
(d) A poet.
3. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
4. What did Edward hint that Vera and Roland should do in Chapter 4?
(b) Throw Edward a birthday party.
(c) Move to America.
(d) Break up.
5. What was evident from the way Vera worked after Roland died?
(a) That she didn't believe Roland was dead.
(b) That she felt like she was among family at the hospital.
(c) That she wanted to save others from Roland's fate.
(d) That she no longer liked working at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to Malta, why did Vera like her new work post in Chapter 8?
2. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
4. When was Vera's nursing contract with the 1st London General set to expire?
5. What did Vera experience for the first time while she was in London in Chapter 8?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)