|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera volunteer for in Chapter 6?
(a) For the Women's Royal Naval Service.
(b) For tutoring students hoping to go to Oxford.
(c) For work at a newspaper.
(d) For the foreign service.
2. What did Vera attend while in London to see Roland?
(a) A job interview.
(b) A suffrage rally.
(c) A war fundraiser.
(d) A debutant ball.
3. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
(b) Society tea parties.
(c) Anti-war rallies.
(d) Publishing industry functions.
4. Who visited Vera near the end of the term in Chapter 4?
(a) Her mother.
5. Where was Roland's family estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Vera ask for leave at the end of Chapter 8?
2. What did Roland send to Vera after being sent to the front?
3. What did Edward hint that Vera and Roland should do in Chapter 4?
4. Compared to Malta, why did Vera like her new work post in Chapter 8?
5. Who did Vera have problems with in Chapter 4?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)