|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera volunteer for in Chapter 6?
(a) For tutoring students hoping to go to Oxford.
(b) For work at a newspaper.
(c) For the foreign service.
(d) For the Women's Royal Naval Service.
2. What did Roland send to Vera after being sent to the front?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) Ruby earrings.
(d) An amethyst brooch.
3. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Ten minutes.
4. Why did Vera ask for leave at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Vera had been contacted by a publisher.
(b) Betty needed Vera's help.
(c) Vera's mother was sick.
(d) Vera's brother was injured.
5. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
(b) Letters to politicians.
(c) Newspaper articles.
(d) Letters to penpals around the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera attend at her brother's school in Chapter 2?
2. What was the name of the town Vera was sent to for her next nursing assignment?
3. Where was Roland's family estate?
4. What did Edward tell Vera in a letter in Chapter 6?
5. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)