|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Compared to Malta, why did Vera like her new work post in Chapter 8?
(a) She was in a populated area.
(b) She had less free time.
(c) She had more free time.
(d) She had more privacy.
2. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
(a) Work for a newspaper.
(b) Get married.
(c) Go into nursing.
(d) Continue her studies at Cambridge.
3. In Chapter 6, what did Vera tell the Principal at Somerville?
(a) That women were treated badly at Oxford.
(b) That she would not resume her studies until the war was over.
(c) That she wanted to do her studies via correspondence.
(d) That she would resume her studies the following autumn.
4. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
(a) Field hockey.
(d) Show jumping.
5. After Malta, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
2. In which month did Vera depart for England in Chapter 8?
3. Where was Edward's regiment sent in Chapter 4?
4. Who visited Vera near the end of the term in Chapter 4?
5. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)