|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which month did Vera depart for England in Chapter 8?
(a) In April.
(b) In September.
(c) In January.
(d) In June.
2. What did Vera call her new roommate in Chapter 8?
(a) Red-haired S.
(b) Red-haired F.
(c) Red-haired M.
(d) Red-haired D.
3. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
(a) That is was lonely.
(b) That it was boring.
(c) That it was difficult.
(d) That it was ideal.
4. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
(a) Vera had broken her leg.
(b) There was heavy fighting nearby.
(c) Vera had the flu.
(d) Vera was needed at the hospital.
5. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
(a) To a Greek island.
(b) The Persian Gulf.
(c) To Berlin.
(d) To Northern Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
2. What did Edward tell his father at the end of Chapter 2?
3. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
4. In Chapter 8, where did Edward indicate he may be sent to fight?
5. Where was Roland's family estate?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)