|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what did Vera tell the Principal at Somerville?
(a) That she would not resume her studies until the war was over.
(b) That she would resume her studies the following autumn.
(c) That women were treated badly at Oxford.
(d) That she wanted to do her studies via correspondence.
2. In which month did Vera depart for England in Chapter 8?
(a) In April.
(b) In June.
(c) In September.
(d) In January.
3. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
4. After Malta, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
5. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
(a) Studying hard.
(b) Spending most of her time in London.
(c) Speaking Latin in the village.
(d) Wearing the latest fashions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
2. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
3. In Chapter 2, where did Edward and his friends intend to go after their school term ended?
4. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
5. Compared to Malta, why did Vera like her new work post in Chapter 8?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)