|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
(a) Spending most of her time in London.
(b) Studying hard.
(c) Wearing the latest fashions.
(d) Speaking Latin in the village.
2. Who changed Vera's father's mind about the education of women?
(a) Vera's grandmother.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A doctor.
3. What did Roland send to Vera after being sent to the front?
(a) Ruby earrings.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) An amethyst brooch.
4. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Roland dying in France.
(c) London being bombed.
(d) Edward being lost at sea.
5. What was the name of the town Vera was sent to for her next nursing assignment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera call her new roommate in Chapter 8?
2. Where was Roland's family estate?
3. What did Vera attend while in London to see Roland?
4. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
5. What did Edward hint that Vera and Roland should do in Chapter 4?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)