|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
(a) To a Greek island.
(b) To Northern Italy.
(c) To Berlin.
(d) The Persian Gulf.
2. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
(a) St. Andrews.
3. What illness did Vera and Betty contract in Chapter 6?
(b) German measles.
(d) Scarlet fever.
4. What was evident from the way Vera worked after Roland died?
(a) That she felt like she was among family at the hospital.
(b) That she no longer liked working at the hospital.
(c) That she wanted to save others from Roland's fate.
(d) That she didn't believe Roland was dead.
5. When was Vera's nursing contract with the 1st London General set to expire?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Vera sit for her university examination?
2. After Malta, where did Vera ask to be sent for her next nursing assignment?
3. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
4. What happened on the train ride from London to Buxton in Chapter 4?
5. What field did Roland's mother work in?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)