|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Vera make her debut in London?
2. What did Roland send to Vera after being sent to the front?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) Ruby earrings.
(c) An amethyst brooch.
(d) A diamond ring.
3. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
(a) Work for a newspaper.
(b) Go into nursing.
(c) Get married.
(d) Continue her studies at Cambridge.
4. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
(a) At the chapel.
(b) At her aunt's home.
(c) At the library.
(d) At a gallery.
5. How did Vera feel about her provincial life?
(a) That it was ideal.
(b) That it was boring.
(c) That it was difficult.
(d) That is was lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Edward say there was a chance his regiment would be sent in Chapter 4?
2. What did the locals ridicule Vera for in Chapter 2?
3. Which battle made Vera fear for Roland's safety?
4. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
5. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)