|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what did Vera spend her time writing?
(a) Letters to politicians.
(b) Letters to penpals around the world.
(c) Newspaper articles.
2. Who visited Vera near the end of the term in Chapter 4?
(d) Her mother.
3. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
(a) One hour.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Two hours.
4. Why was Vera unable to go out until the end of her leave in Chapter 8?
(a) Vera had broken her leg.
(b) Vera was needed at the hospital.
(c) There was heavy fighting nearby.
(d) Vera had the flu.
5. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
(a) Transferred to an art school.
(b) Returned to her studies at Oxford.
(c) Started teaching at a nursery school.
(d) Focused on writing in Buxton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to Malta, why did Vera like her new work post in Chapter 8?
2. What was evident from the way Vera worked after Roland died?
3. What did Edward hint that Vera and Roland should do in Chapter 4?
4. Which university did Vera's father agree to send her to?
5. Where did Vera receive an appointment to work at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)