|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Vera travel back to England in Chapter 7?
(a) In a plane.
(b) On a passenger ship.
(c) On a cargo ship.
(d) By train.
2. Who did Vera get to meet as a result of her writing?
(a) The head of Oxford.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) The commander of the British army.
3. What worried Vera during her voyage to her foreign post?
(c) Home sickness.
4. In Chapter 10, in which month did Vera and her flatmate leave for a European trip?
5. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
(a) Anti-war rallies.
(b) Society tea parties.
(d) Publishing industry functions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
2. What illness did Vera contract shortly after arriving at her foreign post?
3. Who mainly was treated at the hospital Vera began working at in Chapter 7?
4. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
5. Whose grave did Vera find in France?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)