|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
(a) Publishing industry functions.
(b) Anti-war rallies.
(c) Society tea parties.
2. How did Vera do on her first exams in Chapter 10?
(a) She finished top of her class.
(b) She failed.
(c) Not as well as Winifred.
(d) She didn't do as well as she had hoped.
3. How did Vera travel back to England in Chapter 7?
(a) By train.
(b) On a passenger ship.
(c) In a plane.
(d) On a cargo ship.
4. Who did Vera live with after finishing school?
(a) Her parents.
(d) Roland's parents.
5. In Chapter 10, in which month did Vera and her flatmate leave for a European trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Betty and Vera assigned to duty in Chapter 7?
2. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
3. What did Vera make notes for in Chapter 10?
4. What illness did Vera contract shortly after arriving at her foreign post?
5. Resulting from the societal changes around 1919, what was Vera able to do in Chapter 10?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)