|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
(a) Two hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Ten minutes.
2. Resulting from the societal changes around 1919, what was Vera able to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Receive a grant to start her own business.
(c) Earn a degree from Oxford.
(d) Join the army.
3. What did Vera hope to find when she went to Europe?
(a) Her family's ancestral home.
(b) The portrait of Roland.
(c) Edward's grave.
(d) The spot where her hospital had been.
4. Where did Vera meet with Oswaldo Giacoma?
5. What did a cable that Vera received in Chapter 7 say?
(a) That Edward had been injured.
(b) That Edward had run away from his regiment.
(c) That Victor had been seriously wounded.
(d) That Vera's father was ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Vera do on her first exams in Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 7, where was there talk that the hospital staff may be sent from Vera's original foreign post?
3. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
4. What worried Vera during her voyage to her foreign post?
5. What illness did Vera contract shortly after arriving at her foreign post?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)