|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera hope to find when she went to Europe?
(a) The portrait of Roland.
(b) Her family's ancestral home.
(c) The spot where her hospital had been.
(d) Edward's grave.
2. What ship did Vera and Betty take to their foreign post?
(a) The Queen Mary.
(b) The Royal Earnest.
(c) The Discovery.
(d) The Britannic.
3. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
(a) At her aunt's home.
(b) At a gallery.
(c) At the chapel.
(d) At the library.
4. What did Vera have published in Chapter 10?
(a) A short story.
(b) A collection of photographs.
(c) A play.
(d) A travel diary.
5. Where did Vera begin to do volunteer work?
(a) A hospital in Cornwall.
(b) A hospital in Wiltshire.
(c) A hospital in Dorset.
(d) A hospital in Devonshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Vera contract shortly after arriving at her foreign post?
2. Legislation was being passed in England for what purpose around 1919?
3. How far was the location of Vera's training from Buxton?
4. What was the name of the hospital where Vera worked at her foreign post?
5. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)