|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Roland dying in France.
(c) Edward being lost at sea.
(d) London being bombed.
2. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
(b) Show jumping.
(c) Field hockey.
3. Who mainly was treated at the hospital Vera began working at in Chapter 7?
(a) Bombing victims.
(b) Torpedo attack survivors.
(c) Civilian patients.
(d) Patients with little chance of survival.
4. Resulting from the societal changes around 1919, what was Vera able to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Receive a grant to start her own business.
(d) Earn a degree from Oxford.
5. What did Vera hope to find when she went to Europe?
(a) Edward's grave.
(b) The portrait of Roland.
(c) Her family's ancestral home.
(d) The spot where her hospital had been.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Vera and Betty grow apart in Chapter 7?
2. Where were Betty and Vera assigned to duty in Chapter 7?
3. Who visited Vera near the end of the term in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 10, in which month did Vera and her flatmate leave for a European trip?
5. How did Vera travel back to England in Chapter 7?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)