|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Resulting from the societal changes around 1919, what was Vera able to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Earn a degree from Oxford.
(b) Receive a grant to start her own business.
(c) Join the army.
2. Who did Vera live with after finishing school?
(a) Her parents.
(d) Roland's parents.
3. How did Vera travel back to England in Chapter 7?
(a) By train.
(b) On a cargo ship.
(c) In a plane.
(d) On a passenger ship.
4. What did Vera make notes for in Chapter 10?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A speech at the university.
(c) A novel she intended to write.
(d) A letter of protest.
5. What sport did Vera participate in while at Oxford?
(a) Field hockey.
(d) Show jumping.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
2. What was the name of the hospital where Vera worked at her foreign post?
3. What did Vera hope to find when she went to Europe?
4. Where did Vera meet with Oswaldo Giacoma?
5. Who did Vera get to meet as a result of her writing?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)