|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Vera and Betty grow apart in Chapter 7?
(a) Betty became part of the tennis set.
(b) Betty and Vera were too busy to see each other.
(c) Vera spent a lot of time alone reading.
(d) Betty and Vera fought over a man.
2. In Chapter 10, in which month did Vera and her flatmate leave for a European trip?
3. Who did Vera live with after finishing school?
(a) Roland's parents.
(c) Her parents.
4. In Chapter 7, who died in April?
5. Resulting from the societal changes around 1919, what was Vera able to do in Chapter 10?
(b) Join the army.
(c) Earn a degree from Oxford.
(d) Receive a grant to start her own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the hospital where Vera worked at her foreign post?
2. Who mainly was treated at the hospital Vera began working at in Chapter 7?
3. What did a cable that Vera received in Chapter 7 say?
4. Where did Vera meet with Oswaldo Giacoma?
5. Where were Betty and Vera assigned to duty in Chapter 7?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)