|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
(a) Go into nursing.
(b) Continue her studies at Cambridge.
(c) Work for a newspaper.
(d) Get married.
2. Who died while Vera was back in England in Chapter 7?
3. What did Roland send to Vera after being sent to the front?
(a) Ruby earrings.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) An amethyst brooch.
4. What did Vera have published in Chapter 10?
(a) A short story.
(b) A travel diary.
(c) A collection of photographs.
(d) A play.
5. What did Vera hope to find when she went to Europe?
(a) The spot where her hospital had been.
(b) Her family's ancestral home.
(c) The portrait of Roland.
(d) Edward's grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
2. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
3. In Chapter 7, who died in April?
4. Legislation was being passed in England for what purpose around 1919?
5. Who visited Vera near the end of the term in Chapter 4?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)