|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which month did Vera begin her work training after finishing at Oxford?
(a) In September.
(b) In June.
(c) In August.
(d) In November.
2. Why did Vera and Betty grow apart in Chapter 7?
(a) Betty became part of the tennis set.
(b) Betty and Vera fought over a man.
(c) Vera spent a lot of time alone reading.
(d) Betty and Vera were too busy to see each other.
3. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
(a) At her aunt's home.
(b) At the chapel.
(c) At a gallery.
(d) At the library.
4. Who died while Vera was back in England in Chapter 7?
5. Resulting from the societal changes around 1919, what was Vera able to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Earn a degree from Oxford.
(c) Receive a grant to start her own business.
(d) Join the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who died in April?
2. In which month did Roland leave for the front in France?
3. What did Vera make notes for in Chapter 10?
4. What did Vera intend to do after she finished at Oxford?
5. How did Vera travel back to England in Chapter 7?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)