|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, cont..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vera make notes for in Chapter 10?
(a) A novel she intended to write.
(b) A speech at the university.
(c) A letter of protest.
(d) A newspaper article.
2. Resulting from the societal changes around 1919, what was Vera able to do in Chapter 10?
(b) Join the army.
(c) Receive a grant to start her own business.
(d) Earn a degree from Oxford.
3. In Chapter 10, in which month did Vera and her flatmate leave for a European trip?
4. In Chapter 7, where was there talk that the hospital staff may be sent from Vera's original foreign post?
5. During her vacation from Oxford, what kind of work did Vera do?
(a) Publishing industry functions.
(b) Society tea parties.
(c) Anti-war rallies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vera once have a dream about after finishing University?
2. What did Vera do after Roland left for France?
3. Who did Vera live with after finishing school?
4. In Chapter 7, who died in April?
5. Where did Vera go for comfort during her last semester at Oxford?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)