1. What did Vera's maternal grandfather do for a living?
(a) He was a professor.
(b) He was a writer.
(c) He was a musician.
(d) He was a painter.
2. What is the name of Vera's brother?
3. What did Vera like to do as a child for amusement?
(b) Horseback riding.
4. Where did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
5. Why did Vera's family move when she was eleven years old?
(a) Because they couldn't afford to live in the city anymore.
(b) To be near good schools.
(c) To be near her grandparents.
(d) Because her father's job was transferred.
6. What was Vera reprimanded for doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Talking to her brother's friends.
(b) Dressing in boys' clothes.
(c) Skipping school.
(d) Taking part in a political protest.
7. What is the name of the school Vera was sent to at age thirteen?
(a) St. Anne's.
(b) St. Margaret's.
(c) St. Agatha's.
(d) St. Monica's.
This section contains 3,957 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)