* Vera's parents met when her father took singing lessons from her mother's father.
* Vera grew up in a middle class environment.
* Vera had a happy, uneventful childhood - she liked to read and write.
* Vera's family moves to Buxton when she was eleven years old to be near good schools.
* Vera was sent to St. Monica's boarding school at age thirteen.
* Vera was a good student who wanted to attend college but her father did not allow for it.
* Vera's friends at St. Monica's were Mina and Betty.
* Mrs. Heath Jones at St. Monica's introduced Vera to the feminist movement and encouraged her students to read newspapers and form their own opinions.
* After school finished, Vera began to keep a diary.
* Vera noticed differences between herself and the London society girls she went to school with.
* In 1912, Vera debuted in London as a provincial debutante -...
This section contains 2,104 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)