|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who actually sent the letter inviting Tess to work at Tantridge?
(a) Alec's mother.
(d) Mrs. Durbeyfield.
2. When Angel encounters the dairymaids trying to cross the river on the way to church, what does he do?
(a) Kisses Tess.
(b) Carries the dairy maids across the flooded water.
(c) Tells Tess he likes her but could never marry her.
(d) Asks Tess to a dance.
3. How does Alec react when Tess tells him how she feels about what has happened between them?
(a) He offers to marry her.
(b) He offers her money.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He pretends he doesn't know what she is talking about.
4. Angel's two brothers are named Cuthert and ____?
5. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
(a) She thinks she shouldn't have taken the horse out in the dark.
(b) Her father tells her it is her fault.
(c) She caused the accident that resulted in the horse being killed.
(d) She thinks if she hadn't fallen asleep, she could have prevented the accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
2. Who does Tess overhear talking about Angel?
3. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
4. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
5. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)