|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
2. Angel tries to help Tess out with her chores. What does he do?
(a) Plays the harp so she will feel happier about working.
(b) Makes sure the cows she has to milk are the most good-natured ones.
(c) Carries the milk pails for her.
(d) Pays someone to do some of her chores.
3. While the dairy maids are out in the pasture searching for noxious weeds, Tess feels faint. What does Mr. Crick tell her?
(a) To go back to the farm and lie down until she feels better.
(b) To sit down and rest for awhile.
(c) To carry on walking, and it will pass.
(d) To have a drink of water.
4. While Tess is at Talbothays, she is quite happy. What causes her happiness?
(a) She is falling in love with Angel.
(b) She is far away from Marlott.
(c) She likes working for Mr. Crick.
(d) No one knows about her past so she feels renewed.
5. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
(a) She can't afford a doctor.
(b) Her father thinks it's her fault.
(c) She thinks she is a bad mother.
(d) The child has not been baptized.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25 Angel decides to go back to his parents' home. Why?
2. What does Tess determine to do about the fact that the other dairymaids love Angel?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
4. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
5. When Angel encounters the dairymaids trying to cross the river on the way to church, what does he do?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)