|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25 Angel decides to go back to his parents' home. Why?
(a) To ask their opinion about his desire to marry Tess.
(b) To get away from Tess.
(c) Because his father is ill.
(d) To join the clergy.
2. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
3. What do Angel and his father do at the end of their talk?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Have an argument.
(c) Pray for Alec.
(d) Pray for Angel's brothers.
4. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
(a) Ignores her at a dance.
(b) Tells her she is not whistling loud enough.
(c) Tells his mother she is not working hard enough.
(d) Hides behind the curtains and spies on her.
5. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
(a) With friendship.
(b) She is made welcome.
(c) Like a long-lost relative.
(d) Like any other servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who actually sent the letter inviting Tess to work at Tantridge?
2. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
3. Who eventually baptizes the child?
4. What do Angel and Tess find they have in common, that surprises them both?
5. While Tess is at Talbothays, she is quite happy. What causes her happiness?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)