|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
2. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
(a) It is close to home.
(b) She is still feeling guilty about the horse's death and wants to work in the barns.
(c) She is afraid her mother will be angry if she doesn't contribute to the family's finances.
(d) She wants a fresh start where no one knows about her past.
3. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
(a) She will not let anyone help her with her luggage.
(b) She refuses to show that she is nervous.
(c) She refuses to drive the horses, because she doesn't want to get dirty.
(d) She refuses to ride in the carriage with Alec, but walks alongside instead.
4. At Talbothays,Tess shares sleeping quarters with ____, Izz Rhuett, and Rhetty.
5. While the dairy maids are out in the pasture searching for noxious weeds, Tess feels faint. What does Mr. Crick tell her?
(a) To have a drink of water.
(b) To go back to the farm and lie down until she feels better.
(c) To carry on walking, and it will pass.
(d) To sit down and rest for awhile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Tess's duties at the farm?
2. When her parents do not return from the pub, who does Tess send after them to bring them home?
3. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
4. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
5. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)