|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who actually sent the letter inviting Tess to work at Tantridge?
(b) Alec's mother.
(d) Mrs. Durbeyfield.
2. Angel's father refused to send him to college. Why?
(a) Angel has rejected religious principles and won't be part of the clergy, so his father thinks he doesn't really need a college education.
(b) Angel's family is wealthy so he won't need to study for a career.
(c) He thinks college is a waste of money.
(d) He can't afford it.
3. Talbothays is located very close to ______.
(a) The town of West Clare.
(c) The ancestral burial grounds of the D'Urbervilles.
4. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
(a) Sir John.
(b) Mr. Durbeyfield.
(c) Sir James.
(d) Mr. D.
5. In Chapter 12, what does Tess decide to do after she's been at the D'Urberville mansion for a few weeks?
(a) Confront the Queen of Spades.
(b) Tell Mrs. D'Urberville what Alec has done to her.
(c) Marry Alec.
(d) Return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angel encounters the dairymaids trying to cross the river on the way to church, what does he do?
2. Where does Angel first see Tess?
3. What does Tess finally decide the relationship between herself and Angel?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
5. At dinnertime, Angel is seated at a different table than the other dairy workers because ______.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)