|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
(a) Tells his mother she is not working hard enough.
(b) Ignores her at a dance.
(c) Hides behind the curtains and spies on her.
(d) Tells her she is not whistling loud enough.
2. In Chapter 25 Angel decides to go back to his parents' home. Why?
(a) To join the clergy.
(b) To get away from Tess.
(c) To ask their opinion about his desire to marry Tess.
(d) Because his father is ill.
3. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
(a) She says she is going to walk home.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She asks him to tell her more about it.
(d) She thinks he is boring.
4. In Chapter 11, what does Alec tell Tess on the way home?
(a) That he wants to be a doctor.
(b) That he will take care of her.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That she shouldn't get into any fights.
5. Which character, introduced in Chapter 10, picks on Tess?
(a) The dark-haired milkmaid.
(b) The police officer.
(c) Angel's brother.
(d) The Queen of Spades.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
2. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
3. What does Tess determine to do about the fact that the other dairymaids love Angel?
4. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
5. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)