|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
(a) She will go if she can take Abraham with her.
(b) She agrees to go if her mother forgives her for her role in the horse's death.
(c) She will ask if she can work for them, but she won't ask them for money.
(d) She will go if she can have new clothes so she will fit in.
2. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Five years.
(c) Between two and three years.
(d) Almost four years.
3. How does Mr. Crick hear that the butter has a funny taste?
(a) Rhetty tells him.
(b) Someone stops him at the market to tell him.
(c) He reads it in the newspaper.
(d) He gets a letter from a customer.
4. What does Tess name her baby?
5. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
(a) She plans to get her husband to stop drinking so much.
(b) She plans to find more work so that she can earn money.
(c) She plans to send Tess to live with a member of the D'Uberville family in another town.
(d) She plans to enlarge the bee hives so they will bring in more cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
2. What do Angel and his father do at the end of their talk?
3. At Talbothays,Tess shares sleeping quarters with ____, Izz Rhuett, and Rhetty.
4. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
5. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)