|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
(a) Dairy maid.
(d) Caretaker of birds.
2. Tess considers telling Angel about her link with the D'Urbervilles, but decides against it. Why?
(a) She is afraid he will think she is putting on airs.
(b) She isn't sure she wants anyone to know.
(c) Mr. Crick tells her Angel has scorn for old noble families.
(d) She thinks he won't believe her.
3. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
(a) He thinks she is busy talking to someone else.
(b) He wants to see if Tess is watching him.
(c) He is too shy.
(d) He has to go catch up with his brother.
4. Who comes to fetch Tess and take her to Tantridge?
(b) Her brother.
(c) She takes the train.
(d) A servant.
5. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
(a) She plans to send Tess to live with a member of the D'Uberville family in another town.
(b) She plans to find more work so that she can earn money.
(c) She plans to enlarge the bee hives so they will bring in more cash.
(d) She plans to get her husband to stop drinking so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tess falls asleep in the leaves, what does Alec do?
2. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
3. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
4. Who actually sent the letter inviting Tess to work at Tantridge?
5. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)