|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eventually baptizes the child?
(a) The pastor.
(c) The kind-hearted bishop.
(d) No one.
2. While Tess is at Talbothays, she is quite happy. What causes her happiness?
(a) She likes working for Mr. Crick.
(b) She is far away from Marlott.
(c) No one knows about her past so she feels renewed.
(d) She is falling in love with Angel.
3. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
(b) Her elderly aunt.
(c) Alec D'Uberville.
(d) The milkmaids.
4. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
(a) She needs the work so she can contribute to her family's finances.
(b) She is afraid her mother and father will be angry if she goes home.
(c) She realizes she is simply nervous about the new situation.
(d) She decides that she should just go and see what it's like before she makes a decision.
5. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
(a) Tells her she is not whistling loud enough.
(b) Tells his mother she is not working hard enough.
(c) Hides behind the curtains and spies on her.
(d) Ignores her at a dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
2. When Tess falls asleep in the leaves, what does Alec do?
3. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
4. What is one of Tess's duties at the farm?
5. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)