|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
(a) She refuses to ride in the carriage with Alec, but walks alongside instead.
(b) She refuses to show that she is nervous.
(c) She will not let anyone help her with her luggage.
(d) She refuses to drive the horses, because she doesn't want to get dirty.
2. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
(a) That Mr. Durbeyfield is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(b) That Mr. Durbeyfield has won a small fortune.
(c) That Mr. Durbeyfield's house is on fire.
(d) That he thinks it is going to rain.
3. When Tess first sees Angel, what is her reaction?
(a) She is afraid he might recognize her.
(b) She doesn't like him at all.
(c) She is happy to see someone familiar-looking.
(d) She thinks he is funny-looking.
4. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
(a) He tells his family he's rich.
(b) He goes back to the pub.
(c) He hires a carriage to drive him home.
(d) He decides to take a walk by the river.
5. At dinnertime, Angel is seated at a different table than the other dairy workers because ______.
(a) He is of a higher class.
(b) He likes to read while he eats dinner.
(c) He has a contagious disease.
(d) The dairyman's wife is afraid he will corrupt the dairymaids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tess determine to do about the fact that the other dairymaids love Angel?
2. At Talbothays,Tess shares sleeping quarters with ____, Izz Rhuett, and Rhetty.
3. How does Mr. Crick hear that the butter has a funny taste?
4. Angel's two brothers are named Cuthert and ____?
5. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)