|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
(c) Dairy maid.
2. Tess appears to lose hope in Chapter 13. Why?
(a) She believes no gentleman will ever marry her because she has been 'ruined'.
(b) Her mother is angry with her.
(c) She can't find another job.
(d) She hasn't heard from Alec.
3. Who comes along just as a fight is about to break out between Tess and another woman?
(c) The Queen of Spades.
(d) The D'Uberville's horsemaster.
4. At dinnertime, Angel is seated at a different table than the other dairy workers because ______.
(a) He is of a higher class.
(b) He has a contagious disease.
(c) The dairyman's wife is afraid he will corrupt the dairymaids.
(d) He likes to read while he eats dinner.
5. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
(a) He tells his family he's rich.
(b) He hires a carriage to drive him home.
(c) He goes back to the pub.
(d) He decides to take a walk by the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tess overhear talking about Angel?
2. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
3. Where does Angel first see Tess?
4. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
5. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)