|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She says she is going to walk home.
(c) She asks him to tell her more about it.
(d) She thinks he is boring.
2. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
(b) Alec forces her to kiss him.
(c) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
(d) She misses her family.
3. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
(a) She will go if she can have new clothes so she will fit in.
(b) She agrees to go if her mother forgives her for her role in the horse's death.
(c) She will ask if she can work for them, but she won't ask them for money.
(d) She will go if she can take Abraham with her.
4. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
(a) Worried about Alec's intentions.
(b) Regretful, she thinks she pressured Tess.
(c) Sad, she will miss Tess.
(d) Happy, the family will have more money.
5. When Angel encounters the dairymaids trying to cross the river on the way to church, what does he do?
(a) Carries the dairy maids across the flooded water.
(b) Asks Tess to a dance.
(c) Kisses Tess.
(d) Tells Tess he likes her but could never marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tess determine to do about the fact that the other dairymaids love Angel?
2. What does Mr. Crick think made the butter taste unpleasant?
3. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
4. What is Tess's mother's response when she hears about the sexual encounter between Tess and Alec?
5. Tess believes she is related to the D'Urbervilles at Tantridge by family ties. What kind of family ties exist between them?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)