|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tess falls asleep in the leaves, what does Alec do?
(a) He seduces her.
(b) He wakes her up so they can go home.
(c) He holds her hand.
(d) He watches her sleep.
2. When Angel looks back and sees Tess from the top of the hill, what does he think?
(a) He thinks he should find his brother.
(b) He thinks she is pretty.
(c) He thinks that he has hurt her feelings.
(d) He thinks he is going to be late getting home.
3. Tess appears to lose hope in Chapter 13. Why?
(a) She can't find another job.
(b) She hasn't heard from Alec.
(c) She believes no gentleman will ever marry her because she has been 'ruined'.
(d) Her mother is angry with her.
4. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
(a) She asks him to tell her more about it.
(b) She thinks he is boring.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She says she is going to walk home.
5. After Tess leaves for Tantridge, how does her mother feel?
(a) Happy, the family will have more money.
(b) Sad, she will miss Tess.
(c) Regretful, she thinks she pressured Tess.
(d) Worried about Alec's intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Alec tell Tess on the way home?
3. How does Tess feel when she learns that the other dairymaids are in love with Angel, too?
4. How does Alec react when Tess tells him how she feels about what has happened between them?
5. When Tess is introduced to Mrs. D'Urberville, how is she treated?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)