|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the dairy maids are out in the pasture searching for noxious weeds, Tess feels faint. What does Mr. Crick tell her?
(a) To have a drink of water.
(b) To go back to the farm and lie down until she feels better.
(c) To carry on walking, and it will pass.
(d) To sit down and rest for awhile.
2. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
(a) Sir James.
(b) Mr. Durbeyfield.
(c) Sir John.
(d) Mr. D.
3. Tess takes a job as a ____ to support her baby.
(b) Dairy maid.
4. How does Mr. Crick hear that the butter has a funny taste?
(a) Someone stops him at the market to tell him.
(b) He gets a letter from a customer.
(c) He reads it in the newspaper.
(d) Rhetty tells him.
5. What does Angel's father tell him on the walk out of town?
(a) That he tried to convert Alec, and succeeded.
(b) That Angel's brothers are jealous of him.
(c) That he tried to convert Alec, but failed.
(d) That he wants Angel to join the clergy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
2. Angel's father refused to send him to college. Why?
3. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
4. Angel tries to help Tess out with her chores. What does he do?
5. Who eventually baptizes the child?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)