|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tess first sees Angel, what is her reaction?
(a) She is happy to see someone familiar-looking.
(b) She thinks he is funny-looking.
(c) She is afraid he might recognize her.
(d) She doesn't like him at all.
2. What does Angel's father tell him on the walk out of town?
(a) That Angel's brothers are jealous of him.
(b) That he wants Angel to join the clergy.
(c) That he tried to convert Alec, and succeeded.
(d) That he tried to convert Alec, but failed.
3. What does Tess's mother hope will happen once Tess arrives at Tantridge?
(a) Tess will like it there.
(b) Her beauty will impress Alec and he will marry her.
(c) Tess will get along well with the D'Urbervilles and they will like her.
(d) She will save her money and help the family financially.
4. What does Tess finally decide the relationship between herself and Angel?
(a) That it is fated.
(b) That it will never work.
(c) That they should just be friends.
(d) That he isn't worthy of her.
5. Why does Tess decide not to return home from Tantridge after all?
(a) She realizes she is simply nervous about the new situation.
(b) She decides that she should just go and see what it's like before she makes a decision.
(c) She needs the work so she can contribute to her family's finances.
(d) She is afraid her mother and father will be angry if she goes home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When her parents still don't come home, what does Tess finally do?
2. In Chapter 25 Angel decides to go back to his parents' home. Why?
3. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
4. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
5. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)