|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
(a) Tells his mother she is not working hard enough.
(b) Tells her she is not whistling loud enough.
(c) Ignores her at a dance.
(d) Hides behind the curtains and spies on her.
2. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
(a) He has to go catch up with his brother.
(b) He wants to see if Tess is watching him.
(c) He thinks she is busy talking to someone else.
(d) He is too shy.
3. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
(a) She plans to get her husband to stop drinking so much.
(b) She plans to find more work so that she can earn money.
(c) She plans to enlarge the bee hives so they will bring in more cash.
(d) She plans to send Tess to live with a member of the D'Uberville family in another town.
4. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
(a) That Mr. Durbeyfield's house is on fire.
(b) That he thinks it is going to rain.
(c) That Mr. Durbeyfield is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(d) That Mr. Durbeyfield has won a small fortune.
5. At Talbothays,Tess shares sleeping quarters with ____, Izz Rhuett, and Rhetty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angel tries to help Tess out with her chores. What does he do?
2. Where does Angel first see Tess?
3. Hardy's description of Tess and Angel likens them to ___.
4. When Angel encounters the dairymaids trying to cross the river on the way to church, what does he do?
5. When Tess falls asleep in the leaves, what does Alec do?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)