|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tess's baby becomes ill, she is upset because ______.
(a) She can't afford a doctor.
(b) She thinks she is a bad mother.
(c) Her father thinks it's her fault.
(d) The child has not been baptized.
2. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
(a) She thinks if she hadn't fallen asleep, she could have prevented the accident.
(b) Her father tells her it is her fault.
(c) She thinks she shouldn't have taken the horse out in the dark.
(d) She caused the accident that resulted in the horse being killed.
3. Tess decides to go to Talbothays when she hears about a possible job there. Where is Talbothays located?
(a) In the Vale of Froom.
(b) On the outskirts of Marlott.
(c) In Ireland.
(d) About 5 miles from her father's house.
4. Who does Tess overhear talking about Angel?
(a) An unhappy customer.
(b) Mrs. Crick.
(c) Mr. Crick.
(d) Marian, Izz Rhuett, and Rhetty.
5. What do Angel and his father do at the end of their talk?
(a) Pray for Alec.
(b) Have an argument.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Pray for Angel's brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tess first sees Angel, what is her reaction?
2. While the dairy maids are out in the pasture searching for noxious weeds, Tess feels faint. What does Mr. Crick tell her?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
4. How does Tess feel when she learns that the other dairymaids are in love with Angel, too?
5. What is Tess's mother's response when she hears about the sexual encounter between Tess and Alec?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)