|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has elapsed between the time Tess came home from Tantridge and the time she starts working at Talbothays?
(a) Almost four years.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) Five years.
(d) Between two and three years.
2. What kind of work does Tess do at Talbothays?
(a) Caretaker of birds.
(b) Dairy maid.
3. Angel's two brothers are named Cuthert and ____?
4. What is Tess's mother's response when she hears about the sexual encounter between Tess and Alec?
(a) She is angry that Tess didn't force Alec to marry her.
(b) She is angry at Alec for hurting Tess.
(c) She tells Tess that it is her own fault.
(d) She doesn't believe Tess.
5. How old is Tess when she goes to Talbothays?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Mr. Durbeyfield meets the parson on the road. How does the parson greet him?
2. Angel tries to help Tess out with her chores. What does he do?
3. Who meets Tess and shows her around Tantridge?
4. What is one of Tess's duties at the farm?
5. Tess proves herself to have a stubborn streak. In Chapter 8, how is her stubbornness shown by the author?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)