Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
(b) To the pub.
(c) To a dance.
(d) To visit a sick friend.
2. What does Mr. Durbeyfield do after he talks to the parson?
(a) He hires a carriage to drive him home.
(b) He decides to take a walk by the river.
(c) He tells his family he's rich.
(d) He goes back to the pub.
3. Why does Tess wake up at 2 a.m.?
(a) Her sister is crying.
(b) She had a bad dream.
(c) She has to take the bee hives to market in another town.
(d) She's worried about the family's finances and can't sleep.
4. What is Tess's reason for choosing to work at Talbothays?
(a) It is close to home.
(b) She wants a fresh start where no one knows about her past.
(c) She is afraid her mother will be angry if she doesn't contribute to the family's finances.
(d) She is still feeling guilty about the horse's death and wants to work in the barns.
5. Who does Tess overhear talking about Angel?
(a) Marian, Izz Rhuett, and Rhetty.
(b) Mr. Crick.
(c) An unhappy customer.
(d) Mrs. Crick.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Tess discover?
2. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
3. How does Mr. Crick hear that the butter has a funny taste?
4. How does Tess react to what Alec tells her?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Alec tell Tess on the way home?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)