Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Angel first see Tess?
(a) At a dance on the green.
(b) Walking home from school.
(c) At church.
(d) At a picnic on the Marlott green.
2. What does the parson tell Mr. Durbeyfield?
(a) That Mr. Durbeyfield has won a small fortune.
(b) That he thinks it is going to rain.
(c) That Mr. Durbeyfield is related to the D'Urbervilles.
(d) That Mr. Durbeyfield's house is on fire.
3. At the dance, why does Angel leave without talking to Tess?
(a) He thinks she is busy talking to someone else.
(b) He has to go catch up with his brother.
(c) He is too shy.
(d) He wants to see if Tess is watching him.
4. Who actually sent the letter inviting Tess to work at Tantridge?
(b) Mrs. Durbeyfield.
(c) Alec's mother.
5. Why does the character who picks on Tess do so?
(a) She thinks Tess is going to hit her.
(b) She doesn't like strangers and wants Tess to leave.
(c) She is one of Alec's former conquests and is jealous of Tess.
(d) She wants Alec to stick up for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tess's reaction to the job offer at Tantridge?
2. In Chapter 3, Tess is left in charge of all the younger children. Where have her parents gone?
3. Tess receives an offer of work at Tantridge taking care of the _____.
4. What conditions does Tess place on her agreement to go live with the D'Urbervilles in Tantridge?
5. Why does Tess blame herself for the death of the horse?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)