Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49 | Chapter 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the trip to Tantridge, Tess considers returning home. Why?
(a) She is afraid of meeting the D'Urbervilles.
(b) She misses her family.
(c) She doesn't want to work in a strange place.
(d) Alec forces her to kiss him.
2. What plan does Tess's mother come up with to help the family?
(a) She plans to enlarge the bee hives so they will bring in more cash.
(b) She plans to find more work so that she can earn money.
(c) She plans to get her husband to stop drinking so much.
(d) She plans to send Tess to live with a member of the D'Uberville family in another town.
3. What does Alec do in Chapter 9 that Tess doesn't like?
(a) Tells her she is not whistling loud enough.
(b) Hides behind the curtains and spies on her.
(c) Tells his mother she is not working hard enough.
(d) Ignores her at a dance.
4. Angel and Tess agree to separate. What does Angel tell Tess when they part?
(a) Not to follow him unless he sends for her.
(b) That he hates her now.
(c) Not to forget him.
(d) That he will always love her.
5. What does Tess decide to do as a result of what she learns from the visitor to the farm?
(a) Return to her parents' house and take care of her father.
(b) Return to her parents' house and borrow money to help her parents financially.
(c) Return to her parents' house and take care of Liza Lu.
(d) Return to her parents' house and take care of her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story that is recounted in Chapter 29, who is the main male character?
2. What does Tess name her baby?
3. What does Angel threaten to do if Tess still refuses his proposals?
4. Why has Tess made a pact with the other dairymaids?
5. In Chapter 27 what does Angel do on his return to Talbothays?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)