|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the descendants of the Tesla flivver airplane?
(a) Vertical Takeoff and Landing craft.
2. On what is Nikola Tesla working around the time of his 75th birthday?
(a) A new source of power.
(b) A more powerful coil.
(c) A new lighting generation machine.
(d) A stronger oscillator.
3. What name does Nikola Tesla call Marconi?
4. Where does Nikola Tesla spend time feeding pigeons?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Union Square Park.
(c) Bryant Park.
(d) Riverside Drive Park.
5. With whom does the New York Times suggest that Nikola Tesla will share the 1915 Nobel Prize in physics?
(a) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) George Westinghouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla's 81st birthday bring him?
2. What is Charles Hausler's job for Nikola Tesla?
3. In what year does Nikola Tesla file a patent to describe the supercooling of conductors to appreciably lower resistance?
4. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
5. In what year is Nikola Tesla summoned to court for failure to pay his takes in New York City?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16,"Ridiculed, Condemned, Combated," what project is responsible for Nikola Tesla getting little sleep?
2. What use does Nikola describe for radar in Chapter 21, "Radar"?
3. Why does Nikola try not to attend the Edison Medal ceremony to receive his award?
4. In Chapter 27, "Cosmic Communion," for what purpose does Nikola Tesla use his birthday parties during his eightieth decade?
5. Why does Nikola care for pigeons in Chapter 23, "Pigeons"?
6. In Chapter 26, "Corks on Water," explain why J.P. Morgan will not invest in proposals Nikola Tesla makes after the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt.
7. What influence does Nikola have on some Canadians with respect to wireless electric power generation?
8. What does the fact that Nikola Tesla tries to send a letter to the long-dead Mark Twain signal about his impending death?
9. Describe Nikola's appearance and day-to-day circumstances as he enters his fifties as described in Chapter 18, "Midstream Perils".
10. What happens when the New York Times publishes a story indicating that Tesla and Edison will receive a Nobel Prize in physics?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)