|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is George Sylvester Viereck's vocation?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A poet.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A politician.
2. In what year is Yugoslavia formed?
3. What does Nikola Tesla do during the Edison Medal presentation ceremony?
4. For what publication does Nikola Tesla write about women's superiority?
(b) The Harvard Review.
(d) The New Yorker.
5. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
(a) George Westinghouse.
(b) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) J. Pierpont Morgan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
2. For what experiment does Nikola Tesla solicit funding in New York in 1900?
3. On what invention does Nikola Tesla claim he is working?
4. In 1927, who tries to help Nikola Tesla with the promotion of a scientific concept?
5. In what year does Nikola Tesla turn 80?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nikola Tesla constantly passed over for fame and fortune for his inventions, especially radio?
2. What does the fact that Nikola Tesla tries to send a letter to the long-dead Mark Twain signal about his impending death?
3. In Chapter 25, "The Birthday Parties," how does Kenneth Swezey make Nikola's seventy-fifth birthday memorable?
4. After 1915, why does Nikola work for two companies as described in Chapter 20, "Flying Stove"?
5. In Chapter 16,"Ridiculed, Condemned, Combated," what project is responsible for Nikola Tesla getting little sleep?
6. What closure does Nikola get as he learns about medical uses for his oscillator inventions?
7. In the face of what is termed the 1903 "Rich Man's Panic," how does Scherff advise Nikola Tesla to leverage one of his inventions to raise funds?
8. What influence does Nikola have on some Canadians with respect to wireless electric power generation?
9. What use does Nikola describe for radar in Chapter 21, "Radar"?
10. In Chapter 22, "The Guest of Honor," what are B.A. Behrend's motives in persuading the AIEE to award the Edison Medal to Nikola Tesla?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)