|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides being an inventor, for what other role is Nikola Tesla known?
2. What type of weapon does Nikola envision in his conversations with Viereck?
(a) A nuclear submarine.
(b) A guided missile.
(c) A death ray gun.
(d) An apparatus that projects charged particles.
3. How old is writer Kenneth M. Swezey when he arrives in New York City?
4. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
(a) The Palms.
(b) The Players' Club.
(c) The Russian Tea Room.
(d) The Regency Room.
5. What does Dr. Eisenbud suggest about Nikola Tesla's mental condition?
(a) He is obsessive compulsive.
(b) He is psychotic.
(c) He is neurotic.
(d) He is schizophrenic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
2. What professor finds Nikola Tesla's ideas "thermodynamically sound"?
3. In what year does the U.S. Supreme Court strike down the Marconi Company patents for the invention of radio?
4. Why is Nikola Tesla never sure what day to celebrate for his birthday?
5. To where does Nikola Tesla begin to write letters at age fifty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What closure does Nikola get as he learns about medical uses for his oscillator inventions?
2. What mistake does Nikola make when proposing his process for degassifying copper to the American Smelting and Refining Company?
3. In Chapter 15, "Magnificent and Doomed," what trickery does Nikola Tesla use in pictures in a published article to give the impression that he is impervious to the lighting generated at his Colorado Springs laboratory?
4. Why does Nikola try not to attend the Edison Medal ceremony to receive his award?
5. In Chapter 16,"Ridiculed, Condemned, Combated," what project is responsible for Nikola Tesla getting little sleep?
6. In Chapter 22, "The Guest of Honor," what are B.A. Behrend's motives in persuading the AIEE to award the Edison Medal to Nikola Tesla?
7. In the face of what is termed the 1903 "Rich Man's Panic," how does Scherff advise Nikola Tesla to leverage one of his inventions to raise funds?
8. Why is Nikola Tesla constantly passed over for fame and fortune for his inventions, especially radio?
9. What use does Nikola describe for radar in Chapter 21, "Radar"?
10. In Chapter 24, "Transitions," why does Nikola Tesla bemoan the "problem" of women in an interview in the Detroit Free Press?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)