|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
(a) The Regency Room.
(b) The Players' Club.
(c) The Palms.
(d) The Russian Tea Room.
2. Where does Nikola Tesla maintain a laboratory for turbine work?
(a) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Newark, New Jersey.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
3. For what invention is the 1915 Nobel Prize in Physics given?
(a) The copper button lamp.
(b) The invention of radio.
(c) The creation of man-made lightning.
(d) The use of X-rays to determine the structure of crystals.
4. How old is writer Kenneth M. Swezey when he arrives in New York City?
5. What does Nikola Tesla do during the Edison Medal presentation ceremony?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what periodical does Nikola Tesla write in defense of King Alexander?
2. Whom does Lt. Hobson try to interest in robotry as a way to raise funds for Nikola Tesla?
3. In what year does Nikola Tesla become very feeble?
4. What is rumored to have been developed in 1924 by Nikola Tesla?
5. Why does Nikola Tesla wish to reject the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 24, "Transitions," why does Nikola Tesla bemoan the "problem" of women in an interview in the Detroit Free Press?
2. In the face of what is termed the 1903 "Rich Man's Panic," how does Scherff advise Nikola Tesla to leverage one of his inventions to raise funds?
3. In Chapter 16,"Ridiculed, Condemned, Combated," what project is responsible for Nikola Tesla getting little sleep?
4. Why is there conflicting information about Nikola Tesla's invention of a "Chinese Wall" in the U.S. of Teleforce?
5. What happens when the New York Times publishes a story indicating that Tesla and Edison will receive a Nobel Prize in physics?
6. As described in Chapter 28, "Death and Transfiguration," why is Nikola Tesla caught in the middle of politics with regard to the role of Yugoslavia in World War II?
7. Why does Nikola care for pigeons in Chapter 23, "Pigeons"?
8. Why is Nikola Tesla constantly passed over for fame and fortune for his inventions, especially radio?
9. Describe Nikola's appearance and day-to-day circumstances as he enters his fifties as described in Chapter 18, "Midstream Perils".
10. In Chapter 19, "The Nobel Affair," for what two inventions does Nikola Tesla think he can collaborate with John Hays Hammond, Jr., and why?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)