|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what invention is the 1915 Nobel Prize in Physics given?
(a) The creation of man-made lightning.
(b) The copper button lamp.
(c) The use of X-rays to determine the structure of crystals.
(d) The invention of radio.
2. Where is the National Research Council formed?
(b) New York City.
(d) Washington, DC.
3. What professor finds Nikola Tesla's ideas "thermodynamically sound"?
(a) Michael Reese.
(b) Warren Rice.
(c) Gustave Kolischer.
(d) Adolph Slaby.
4. How much capital funded the incorporation of the Tesla Ozone Company?
5. Where does Nikola Tesla go to create new inventions right after the Edison Medal event?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nikola Tesla have photographs produced of the Colorado Springs lightning experiment?
2. Who uses Nikola Tesla's 1900 radio patent to signal the letter "S" across the Atlantic ocean?
3. In 1906, what type of model does Nikola Tesla build?
4. What is George Sylvester Viereck's vocation?
5. How is Nikola Tesla planning to use the Tesla turbine engine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the National Research Council have in preventing Nikola from getting his ideas listened to?
2. What mistake does Nikola make when proposing his process for degassifying copper to the American Smelting and Refining Company?
3. In Chapter 16,"Ridiculed, Condemned, Combated," what project is responsible for Nikola Tesla getting little sleep?
4. What is different about Nikola's flivver airplane, or flying stove, and other existing aircraft?
5. In Chapter 25, "The Birthday Parties," how does Kenneth Swezey make Nikola's seventy-fifth birthday memorable?
6. As described in Chapter 28, "Death and Transfiguration," why is Nikola Tesla caught in the middle of politics with regard to the role of Yugoslavia in World War II?
7. In Chapter 24, "Transitions," why does Nikola Tesla bemoan the "problem" of women in an interview in the Detroit Free Press?
8. In Chapter 15, "Magnificent and Doomed," what trickery does Nikola Tesla use in pictures in a published article to give the impression that he is impervious to the lighting generated at his Colorado Springs laboratory?
9. Why does Nikola try not to attend the Edison Medal ceremony to receive his award?
10. Whom does Nikola approach for funding for his system to broadcast all wavelength channels from a single station, and why is this person his choice?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)