|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what bird is Nikola Tesla enamored?
(a) Blue jay.
2. Where does Nikola Tesla spend time feeding pigeons?
(a) Bryant Park.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Union Square Park.
(d) Riverside Drive Park.
3. For what is Nikola Tesla singled out due to the role of Yugoslavia in the upcoming war?
(a) A scientific advisor.
(b) An ambassador to Croatia.
(c) A political friend of Yugoslavia.
(d) An ideological pawn between East and West.
4. Who writes letters to Nikola Tesla from around the country, trying to encourage him about better health?
(a) Lt. Hobson.
(b) Katherine Johnson.
(c) George Westinghouse.
5. Why does Nikola Tesla wish to reject the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
(a) It opens old wounds of his wars with Edison.
(b) He doesn't need the publicity.
(c) He doesn't have a new invention to justify the award.
(d) It doesn't bring him funding.
Short Answer Questions
1. After J. Pierpont Morgan dies in 1913, from whom does Nikola Tesla try to get investment funding?
2. How much capital funded the incorporation of the Tesla Ozone Company?
3. With whom does the New York Times suggest that Nikola Tesla will share the 1915 Nobel Prize in physics?
4. What is Charles Hausler's job for Nikola Tesla?
5. What influences does Nikola Tesla believe will compromise the religion of the human race in the year 2100?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about Nikola's flivver airplane, or flying stove, and other existing aircraft?
2. In the face of what is termed the 1903 "Rich Man's Panic," how does Scherff advise Nikola Tesla to leverage one of his inventions to raise funds?
3. Why does Nikola try not to attend the Edison Medal ceremony to receive his award?
4. In Chapter 24, "Transitions," why does Nikola Tesla bemoan the "problem" of women in an interview in the Detroit Free Press?
5. In Chapter 17, "The Great Radio Controversy," what court rules that Nikola Tesla is the inventor of radio, rather than William Marconi?
6. Whom does Nikola approach for funding for his system to broadcast all wavelength channels from a single station, and why is this person his choice?
7. In Chapter 26, "Corks on Water," explain why J.P. Morgan will not invest in proposals Nikola Tesla makes after the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt.
8. What role does the National Research Council have in preventing Nikola from getting his ideas listened to?
9. What mistake does Nikola make when proposing his process for degassifying copper to the American Smelting and Refining Company?
10. In Chapter 22, "The Guest of Honor," what are B.A. Behrend's motives in persuading the AIEE to award the Edison Medal to Nikola Tesla?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)