|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is writer Kenneth M. Swezey when he arrives in New York City?
2. What professor finds Nikola Tesla's ideas "thermodynamically sound"?
(a) Adolph Slaby.
(b) Michael Reese.
(c) Gustave Kolischer.
(d) Warren Rice.
3. For what is Nikola Tesla singled out due to the role of Yugoslavia in the upcoming war?
(a) An ambassador to Croatia.
(b) A scientific advisor.
(c) An ideological pawn between East and West.
(d) A political friend of Yugoslavia.
4. What do scientists and engineers worldwide do for Nikola Tesla's 75th birthday?
(a) Attend his party.
(b) Send gifts.
(c) Publish his articles.
(d) Write letters and tributes.
5. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
(c) Oyster Point.
(d) The Hamptons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
2. Who arrives in America from Europe and becomes a minister of the new Tito government?
3. Why does Nikola Tesla wish to reject the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
4. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
5. Who broadcasts voice and music programs in 1906 and 1907 based on Nikola Tesla's radio design and principles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What influence does Nikola have on some Canadians with respect to wireless electric power generation?
2. What role does the National Research Council have in preventing Nikola from getting his ideas listened to?
3. Why is there conflicting information about Nikola Tesla's invention of a "Chinese Wall" in the U.S. of Teleforce?
4. In Chapter 22, "The Guest of Honor," what are B.A. Behrend's motives in persuading the AIEE to award the Edison Medal to Nikola Tesla?
5. In Chapter 15, "Magnificent and Doomed," what trickery does Nikola Tesla use in pictures in a published article to give the impression that he is impervious to the lighting generated at his Colorado Springs laboratory?
6. In Chapter 24, "Transitions," why does Nikola Tesla bemoan the "problem" of women in an interview in the Detroit Free Press?
7. Why does Nikola care for pigeons in Chapter 23, "Pigeons"?
8. What closure does Nikola get as he learns about medical uses for his oscillator inventions?
9. What use does Nikola describe for radar in Chapter 21, "Radar"?
10. Describe Nikola's appearance and day-to-day circumstances as he enters his fifties as described in Chapter 18, "Midstream Perils".
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)