|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much capital funded the incorporation of the Tesla Ozone Company?
2. What is rumored to have been developed in 1924 by Nikola Tesla?
(a) A new oscillator.
(b) A death ray.
(c) A torpedo.
(d) A warhead.
3. Who arranges a party for Nikola Tesla's 75th birthday in 1931?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(d) His secretaries.
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla finally sue Marconi?
5. Who tries to learn the secret of animosity between Nikola Tesla and professor Pupin?
(a) George Westinghouse.
(c) Dragislav L. Petkovic.
(d) Katherine Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Nikola Tesla begin to write letters at age fifty?
2. What does Nikola Tesla's 81st birthday bring him?
3. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
4. With whom does the New York Times suggest that Nikola Tesla will share the 1915 Nobel Prize in physics?
5. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What influence does Nikola have on some Canadians with respect to wireless electric power generation?
2. What happens when the New York Times publishes a story indicating that Tesla and Edison will receive a Nobel Prize in physics?
3. What role does the National Research Council have in preventing Nikola from getting his ideas listened to?
4. In Chapter 17, "The Great Radio Controversy," what court rules that Nikola Tesla is the inventor of radio, rather than William Marconi?
5. In the face of what is termed the 1903 "Rich Man's Panic," how does Scherff advise Nikola Tesla to leverage one of his inventions to raise funds?
6. What does the fact that Nikola Tesla tries to send a letter to the long-dead Mark Twain signal about his impending death?
7. Why does Nikola care for pigeons in Chapter 23, "Pigeons"?
8. In Chapter 16,"Ridiculed, Condemned, Combated," what project is responsible for Nikola Tesla getting little sleep?
9. In Chapter 22, "The Guest of Honor," what are B.A. Behrend's motives in persuading the AIEE to award the Edison Medal to Nikola Tesla?
10. In Chapter 15, "Magnificent and Doomed," what trickery does Nikola Tesla use in pictures in a published article to give the impression that he is impervious to the lighting generated at his Colorado Springs laboratory?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)