|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the plans for Nikola Tesla's "aeromobile"?
(a) The Smithsonian.
(b) The Tate.
(c) The Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrade.
(d) The Museum of Natural History.
2. What Supreme Court decision about Nikola Tesla's invention eight months after his death vindicates him?
(a) He is credited with the invention of submarines.
(b) He is credited with the invention of radio.
(c) He is credited with the invention of artificial lightning.
(d) He is credited with the invention of nuclear power.
3. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
(a) The Palms.
(b) The Russian Tea Room.
(c) The Players' Club.
(d) The Regency Room.
4. With what bird is Nikola Tesla enamored?
(d) Blue jay.
5. Who arrives in America from Europe and becomes a minister of the new Tito government?
(a) Nikola Tesla's best friend.
(b) Nikola Tesla's cousin.
(c) Nikola Tesla's nephew.
(d) Nikola Tesla's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. in 1902, what engineer supports the work Nikola Tesla is doing?
2. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
3. How is Nikola Tesla planning to use the Tesla turbine engine?
4. How does Nikola Tesla have photographs produced of the Colorado Springs lightning experiment?
5. What is being manufactured at Wardenclyffe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why Nikola, now in his fifties, aggrandizes his theories and projects to others.
2. In Chapter 27, "Cosmic Communion," for what purpose does Nikola Tesla use his birthday parties during his eightieth decade?
3. In Chapter 19, "The Nobel Affair," for what two inventions does Nikola Tesla think he can collaborate with John Hays Hammond, Jr., and why?
4. What happens when the New York Times publishes a story indicating that Tesla and Edison will receive a Nobel Prize in physics?
5. In Chapter 22, "The Guest of Honor," what are B.A. Behrend's motives in persuading the AIEE to award the Edison Medal to Nikola Tesla?
6. What role does the National Research Council have in preventing Nikola from getting his ideas listened to?
7. After 1915, why does Nikola work for two companies as described in Chapter 20, "Flying Stove"?
8. In the face of what is termed the 1903 "Rich Man's Panic," how does Scherff advise Nikola Tesla to leverage one of his inventions to raise funds?
9. In Chapter 17, "The Great Radio Controversy," what court rules that Nikola Tesla is the inventor of radio, rather than William Marconi?
10. Why does Nikola try not to attend the Edison Medal ceremony to receive his award?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)