|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Eisenbud suggest about Nikola Tesla's mental condition?
(a) He is psychotic.
(b) He is neurotic.
(c) He is obsessive compulsive.
(d) He is schizophrenic.
2. What is rumored to have been developed in 1924 by Nikola Tesla?
(a) A new oscillator.
(b) A death ray.
(c) A torpedo.
(d) A warhead.
3. For what experiment does Nikola Tesla solicit funding in New York in 1900?
(a) A lightning generator.
(b) A new carbon button lamp.
(c) Telegraphic communication to any point on the globe.
(d) A new oscillator.
4. Who tries to learn the secret of animosity between Nikola Tesla and professor Pupin?
(a) George Westinghouse.
(b) Dragislav L. Petkovic.
(d) Katherine Johnson.
5. Why is Nikola Tesla never sure what day to celebrate for his birthday?
(a) He has no birth certificate.
(b) He is born at midnight.
(c) He isn't told his birthday.
(d) He cannot remember his birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the plans for Nikola Tesla's "aeromobile"?
2. On what invention does Nikola Tesla claim he is working?
3. Where is the National Research Council formed?
4. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
5. In what year does the U.S. Supreme Court strike down the Marconi Company patents for the invention of radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What influence does Nikola have on some Canadians with respect to wireless electric power generation?
2. In Chapter 25, "The Birthday Parties," how does Kenneth Swezey make Nikola's seventy-fifth birthday memorable?
3. In Chapter 16,"Ridiculed, Condemned, Combated," what project is responsible for Nikola Tesla getting little sleep?
4. Describe why Nikola, now in his fifties, aggrandizes his theories and projects to others.
5. What closure does Nikola get as he learns about medical uses for his oscillator inventions?
6. What do Nikola and Ivan Mestrovic have in common, and how do they leverage those commonalities?
7. What does the fact that Nikola Tesla tries to send a letter to the long-dead Mark Twain signal about his impending death?
8. What is different about Nikola's flivver airplane, or flying stove, and other existing aircraft?
9. What use does Nikola describe for radar in Chapter 21, "Radar"?
10. In Chapter 19, "The Nobel Affair," for what two inventions does Nikola Tesla think he can collaborate with John Hays Hammond, Jr., and why?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)