|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla finally sue Marconi?
2. After Mark Twain and J. Pierpont Morgan die, what happens to Nikola Tesla's behavior?
(a) It becomes depressing.
(b) It becomes more upbeat.
(c) It becomes erratic.
(d) It becomes stranger.
3. In 1906, what type of model does Nikola Tesla build?
(a) A bladeless turbine.
(b) A new lightning machine.
(c) A magnesium copper lamp.
(d) A new AC dynamo.
4. Where are the plans for Nikola Tesla's "aeromobile"?
(a) The Museum of Natural History.
(b) The Smithsonian.
(c) The Tate.
(d) The Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrade.
5. Besides being an inventor, for what other role is Nikola Tesla known?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who backs out of his commitment for further investment in Wardenclyffe?
2. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
3. In what year does Katherine Johnson die?
4. Who finds Nikola Tesla dead in his bed on January 8?
5. For what invention is the 1915 Nobel Prize in Physics given?
Short Essay Questions
1. What use does Nikola describe for radar in Chapter 21, "Radar"?
2. Why is Nikola Tesla constantly passed over for fame and fortune for his inventions, especially radio?
3. What mistake does Nikola make when proposing his process for degassifying copper to the American Smelting and Refining Company?
4. In the face of what is termed the 1903 "Rich Man's Panic," how does Scherff advise Nikola Tesla to leverage one of his inventions to raise funds?
5. In Chapter 22, "The Guest of Honor," what are B.A. Behrend's motives in persuading the AIEE to award the Edison Medal to Nikola Tesla?
6. In Chapter 26, "Corks on Water," explain why J.P. Morgan will not invest in proposals Nikola Tesla makes after the election of Franklin D. Roosevelt.
7. Why is there conflicting information about Nikola Tesla's invention of a "Chinese Wall" in the U.S. of Teleforce?
8. Describe why Nikola, now in his fifties, aggrandizes his theories and projects to others.
9. In Chapter 25, "The Birthday Parties," how does Kenneth Swezey make Nikola's seventy-fifth birthday memorable?
10. Why does Nikola care for pigeons in Chapter 23, "Pigeons"?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)