|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
2. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
3. Who contributed $30,000 toward the building of the new research station?
(a) Leonard Curtis.
(b) John Jacob Astor.
(c) Simpson and Crawford.
(d) Robert Underwood Johnson.
4. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
(a) The Thomas Edisons.
(b) The Thomas Commerfod Martins.
(c) The Robert Underwood Johnsons.
(d) The George Westinghouses.
5. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
(a) It is raided by police.
(b) It is made larger.
(c) It is robbed.
(d) It catches fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
2. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
3. With what planet does Nikola Tesla say communication can be made?
4. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
5. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, "Radio," why does Nikola Tesla feel the need to go home?
2. In Chapter 10, "An Error in Judgment," describe three reasons why Nikola is almost destitute financially.
3. In Chapter 1, "Modern Prometheus," what is the result of Nikola Tesla's fireball demonstration for Mark Twain and several other contemporaries?
4. In Chapter 11, "To Mars," what patents does Nikola file in November, 1897, and what application do they potentially support?
5. Nikola produces the first x-ray picture in America. Why does he not commercialize this discovery?
6. Why does Nikola Tesla become a regular patron at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City in Chapter 8, "High Society"?
7. Nikola's demonstration of the world's first radio-controlled boat doesn't make a big splash. Why is this?
8. How does Nikola out in Colorado keep Scherff motivated while working at the laboratory back in New York?
9. What contributions does Nikola believe he has made to science as a result of his magnifying oscillator experiments in Colorado Springs?
10. In Chapter 4, "At the Court of Mr. Edison," describe the personality differences between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)