|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) London, England.
(d) Paris, France.
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
3. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) The Tesla arc lamp.
(b) A DC motor.
(c) A new generator.
(d) A new light bulb.
4. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
5. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(c) Social studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
2. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
3. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
4. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to a celebration at the Waldorf in 1898?
5. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What contributions does Nikola believe he has made to science as a result of his magnifying oscillator experiments in Colorado Springs?
2. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," what practical applications do Nikola Tesla's inventions have?
3. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," Nikola Tesla develops what he calls a carbon button lamp. For what later device does the lamp serve as a prototype?
4. In Chapter 5, "The War of the Currents Begins," describe several events that demonstrate that Nikola Tesla's notoriety is growing.
5. In the "Acknowledgements" section, describe the reasons Leland Anderson is interested in Nikola Tesla.
6. In Chapter 11, "To Mars," what patents does Nikola file in November, 1897, and what application do they potentially support?
7. Why does Nikola Tesla become a regular patron at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City in Chapter 8, "High Society"?
8. What are the six fundamental principles of modern radio, and where does Nikola Tesla demonstrate them in 1893?
9. In Chapter 12, "Robots," why does Nikola Tesla have challenges moving his inventions from his laboratory into working prototypes?
10. Nikola produces the first x-ray picture in America. Why does he not commercialize this discovery?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)