|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
2. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) A gas powered motor.
(b) A pulley motor.
(c) A DC motor.
(d) An AC motor.
3. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
(a) Herman Melville.
(b) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) Robert Browning.
(d) Mark Twain.
4. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
5. Where is the Palm Room?
(a) In the Waldorf Astoria Hotel.
(b) In the Plaza Hotel.
(c) In the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
(d) In the St. Regis Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
2. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
3. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
4. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
5. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Nikola's demonstration of the world's first radio-controlled boat doesn't make a big splash. Why is this?
2. In Chapter 2, "A Gambling Man," why does Nikola Tesla feel disappointed for his mother?
3. What are the six fundamental principles of modern radio, and where does Nikola Tesla demonstrate them in 1893?
4. What potential modern applications does author Margaret Cheney describe for Nikola Tesla's invention of a peculiar and sensitive vacuum tube?
5. In the "Acknowledgements" section, describe the reasons Leland Anderson is interested in Nikola Tesla.
6. In Chapter 4, "At the Court of Mr. Edison," why is the early relationship between Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison strained?
7. Why does Nikola Tesla become a regular patron at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City in Chapter 8, "High Society"?
8. In Chapter 10, "An Error in Judgment," describe three reasons why Nikola is almost destitute financially.
9. How does Nikola out in Colorado keep Scherff motivated while working at the laboratory back in New York?
10. In Chapter 5, "The War of the Currents Begins," describe several events that demonstrate that Nikola Tesla's notoriety is growing.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)