|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
(a) He is passive aggressive.
(b) He is a homosexual.
(c) He is a virgin.
(d) He is bipolar.
2. What does Nikola Tesla believe is the greatest benefit of robots?
(a) Service to the military.
(b) Service to humanity.
(c) Service to traffic.
(d) Service to boats.
3. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(b) London, England.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Washington, D.C.
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
5. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He electrocutes birds.
(b) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(c) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(d) He publishes a newspaper article.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
2. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
3. When does Nikola Tesla perform a major experiment in his Colorado Springs laboratory?
4. Why does Nikola Tesla choose room 207 at the Alta Vista Hotel?
5. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," what practical applications do Nikola Tesla's inventions have?
2. How does Nikola out in Colorado keep Scherff motivated while working at the laboratory back in New York?
3. In Chapter 3, "Immigrants of Distinction," why is Nikola Tesla's invention of alternating current so important to the world?
4. In Chapter 10, "An Error in Judgment," describe three reasons why Nikola is almost destitute financially.
5. In Chapter 12, "Robots," why does Nikola Tesla have challenges moving his inventions from his laboratory into working prototypes?
6. In Chapter 7, "Radio," why does Nikola Tesla feel the need to go home?
7. In the "Acknowledgements" section, describe the reasons Leland Anderson is interested in Nikola Tesla.
8. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," what are some of the effects of Nikola Tesla's experiments with the magnifying oscillator in Colorado Springs?
9. Nikola's demonstration of the world's first radio-controlled boat doesn't make a big splash. Why is this?
10. In Chapter 2, "A Gambling Man," why does Nikola Tesla feel disappointed for his mother?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)