|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
2. Where is the Palm Room?
(a) In the Waldorf Astoria Hotel.
(b) In the St. Regis Hotel.
(c) In the Plaza Hotel.
(d) In the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
3. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
(a) He detests him.
(b) He feels sorry for him.
(c) He worships him.
(d) He feels nothing for him.
4. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) A new generator.
(b) A DC motor.
(c) The Tesla arc lamp.
(d) A new light bulb.
5. What does Nikola Tesla believe is the greatest benefit of robots?
(a) Service to boats.
(b) Service to traffic.
(c) Service to the military.
(d) Service to humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
2. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
3. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
4. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
5. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, "Immigrants of Distinction," describe the influence that Charles Bachelor has on Nikola Tesla.
2. How does Nikola out in Colorado keep Scherff motivated while working at the laboratory back in New York?
3. Describe three elements of the friendship between Nikola Tesla and Mr. and Mrs. Robert Wood Johnson.
4. In Chapter 1, "Modern Prometheus," what is the result of Nikola Tesla's fireball demonstration for Mark Twain and several other contemporaries?
5. In the "Acknowledgements" section, describe the reasons Leland Anderson is interested in Nikola Tesla.
6. In Chapter 14, "Blackout at Colorado Springs," what factors contribute to the failure of Nikola Tesla's Colorado Springs laboratory?
7. In Chapter 2, "A Gambling Man," why does Nikola Tesla feel disappointed for his mother?
8. In Chapter 3, "Immigrants of Distinction," why is Nikola Tesla's invention of alternating current so important to the world?
9. What are the six fundamental principles of modern radio, and where does Nikola Tesla demonstrate them in 1893?
10. In Chapter 10, "An Error in Judgment," describe three reasons why Nikola is almost destitute financially.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)