|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nikola Tesla never sure what day to celebrate for his birthday?
(a) He is born at midnight.
(b) He cannot remember his birthday.
(c) He isn't told his birthday.
(d) He has no birth certificate.
2. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(c) J. Pierpont Morgan.
(d) George Westinghouse.
3. With what bird is Nikola Tesla enamored?
(c) Blue jay.
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla file a patent to describe the supercooling of conductors to appreciably lower resistance?
5. Besides being an inventor, for what other role is Nikola Tesla known?
6. In what year is the Wardenclyffe tower blown up?
7. In what year does the Luftwaffe bomb Belgrade?
8. What influences does Nikola Tesla believe will compromise the religion of the human race in the year 2100?
(a) The essences of Buddhism and Atheism.
(b) The essences of Buddhism and Judaism.
(c) The essences of Christianity and Judaism.
(d) The essences of Buddhism and Christianity.
9. What are the descendants of the Tesla flivver airplane?
(c) Vertical Takeoff and Landing craft.
10. On what is Nikola Tesla working around the time of his 75th birthday?
(a) A new lighting generation machine.
(b) A more powerful coil.
(c) A new source of power.
(d) A stronger oscillator.
11. To what periodical does Nikola Tesla write in defense of King Alexander?
(a) The Post.
(b) The Wall Street Journal.
(c) The Daily News.
(d) The New York Times.
12. What does Nikola Tesla believe about life on other planets?
(a) It is a possibility.
(b) It may exist on Jupiter.
(c) It does not exist on Venus.
(d) It is a certitude.
13. What is rumored to have been developed in 1924 by Nikola Tesla?
(a) A warhead.
(b) A death ray.
(c) A torpedo.
(d) A new oscillator.
14. Who backs out of his commitment for further investment in Wardenclyffe?
(a) J. Pierpont Morgan.
(b) The Navy.
(d) Katherine Johnson.
15. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
(a) The Regency Room.
(b) The Palms.
(c) The Players' Club.
(d) The Russian Tea Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine carries two of Nikola Tesla's designs: extracting electricity from seawater and plans for a geothermal steam plant?
2. In what year is Nikola Tesla summoned to court for failure to pay his takes in New York City?
3. Where are the plans for Nikola Tesla's "aeromobile"?
4. Who writes letters to Nikola Tesla from around the country, trying to encourage him about better health?
5. Where does Nikola Tesla go to create new inventions right after the Edison Medal event?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)