|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what experiment does Nikola Tesla solicit funding in New York in 1900?
(a) A lightning generator.
(b) A new carbon button lamp.
(c) A new oscillator.
(d) Telegraphic communication to any point on the globe.
2. What does Nikola Tesla need now to capitalize on his 1906 invention?
(a) A business manager.
(c) A manufacturing plant.
3. How is Nikola Tesla planning to use the Tesla turbine engine?
(a) To generate electricity.
(b) In a box-like flivver airplane.
(c) For radio broadcasting.
(d) To create man-made lightning.
4. At how many revolutions per minute does the Tesla turbine run?
(a) 30,000 RPM.
(b) 40,000 RPM.
(c) 35,000 RPM.
(d) 37,500 RPM.
5. What hotel is Nikola Tesla told to vacate in part because of his birds?
(a) The Park.
(b) The Regency.
(c) The St. Regis.
(d) The Waldorf.
6. Where does Nikola Tesla go to create new inventions right after the Edison Medal event?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) St. Louis.
7. In what decade is Prohibition enacted?
8. Where does Nikola Tesla maintain a laboratory for turbine work?
(a) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(b) Newark, New Jersey.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) New York, New York.
9. To which fellow New Yorker does Nikola Tesla pay back old debts?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(c) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(d) George Westinghouse.
10. What is Charles Hausler's job for Nikola Tesla?
(a) To feed and take care of the birds.
(b) To file his invention papers.
(c) To pay his taxes.
(d) To bring him meals.
11. For what invention is the 1915 Nobel Prize in Physics given?
(a) The use of X-rays to determine the structure of crystals.
(b) The creation of man-made lightning.
(c) The invention of radio.
(d) The copper button lamp.
12. Who uses Nikola Tesla's 1900 radio patent to signal the letter "S" across the Atlantic ocean?
13. How much capital funded the incorporation of the Tesla Ozone Company?
14. Who arrives in America from Europe and becomes a minister of the new Tito government?
(a) Nikola Tesla's best friend.
(b) Nikola Tesla's cousin.
(c) Nikola Tesla's nephew.
(d) Nikola Tesla's sister.
15. About what do Nikola Tesla and John Hays Hammond Jr. correspond?
(a) Rebuilding the tower in Colorado Springs.
(b) Earning money through military applications for robotry.
(c) Improving the coil motor.
(d) Improving the copper button lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nikola Tesla wish to reject the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
2. What company refuses to entertain any of Nikola Tesla's proposals in 1920?
3. What type of weapon does Nikola envision in his conversations with Viereck?
4. For what publication does Nikola Tesla write about women's superiority?
5. What does Dr. Eisenbud suggest about Nikola Tesla's mental condition?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)