|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What professor finds Nikola Tesla's ideas "thermodynamically sound"?
(a) Gustave Kolischer.
(b) Adolph Slaby.
(c) Michael Reese.
(d) Warren Rice.
2. What does Dr. Eisenbud suggest about Nikola Tesla's mental condition?
(a) He is psychotic.
(b) He is schizophrenic.
(c) He is neurotic.
(d) He is obsessive compulsive.
3. What is George Sylvester Viereck's vocation?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A politician.
(c) A poet.
(d) A scientist.
4. To where does Nikola Tesla begin to write letters at age fifty?
5. In what year do Nikola Tesla's friends Hobson and Johnson die?
6. For what publication does Nikola Tesla write about women's superiority?
(a) The New Yorker.
(c) The Harvard Review.
7. Why is Nikola Tesla never sure what day to celebrate for his birthday?
(a) He has no birth certificate.
(b) He isn't told his birthday.
(c) He is born at midnight.
(d) He cannot remember his birthday.
8. What happens to patents filed by Nikola Tesla in 1922?
(a) They are used in his current invention projects.
(b) They enter the common domain because they are not completed.
(c) They are all completed.
(d) They are stolen by competitors.
9. What does Nikola Tesla need now to capitalize on his 1906 invention?
(c) A manufacturing plant.
(d) A business manager.
10. What does Nikola Tesla's 81st birthday bring him?
(a) More international recognition.
(b) More funding for research.
(c) A new laboratory.
(d) A new secretary.
11. In what year is Nikola Tesla summoned to court for failure to pay his takes in New York City?
12. What hotel is Nikola Tesla told to vacate in part because of his birds?
(a) The Park.
(b) The St. Regis.
(c) The Waldorf.
(d) The Regency.
13. What influences does Nikola Tesla believe will compromise the religion of the human race in the year 2100?
(a) The essences of Buddhism and Judaism.
(b) The essences of Christianity and Judaism.
(c) The essences of Buddhism and Atheism.
(d) The essences of Buddhism and Christianity.
14. What name does Nikola Tesla call Marconi?
15. With whom does the New York Times suggest that Nikola Tesla will share the 1915 Nobel Prize in physics?
(a) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(d) George Westinghouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla do during the Edison Medal presentation ceremony?
2. Where does Nikola Tesla maintain a laboratory for turbine work?
3. In what year does the Luftwaffe bomb Belgrade?
4. What magazine carries two of Nikola Tesla's designs: extracting electricity from seawater and plans for a geothermal steam plant?
5. How is Nikola Tesla planning to use the Tesla turbine engine?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)