|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company refuses to entertain any of Nikola Tesla's proposals in 1920?
(b) The Westinghouse Company.
(c) Edison Electric Company.
(d) General Electric Company.
2. In what decade is Prohibition enacted?
3. What does Dr. Eisenbud suggest about Nikola Tesla's mental condition?
(a) He is obsessive compulsive.
(b) He is schizophrenic.
(c) He is neurotic.
(d) He is psychotic.
4. On what does Nikola Tesla say that civilized nations would spend more on than war?
5. How does Nikola Tesla have photographs produced of the Colorado Springs lightning experiment?
(a) Using artistic enhancement.
(b) Using plates.
(c) Using time exposures.
(d) Using negatives.
6. In what year does Nikola Tesla become very feeble?
7. Who broadcasts voice and music programs in 1906 and 1907 based on Nikola Tesla's radio design and principles?
(a) William Marconi.
(b) Professor Pupin.
(c) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(d) Reginald A. Fessenden.
8. In 1915, who builds a radio station for the U.S. Naval Radio Service?
(a) A Serbian firm.
(b) A French firm.
(c) A German firm.
(d) A British firm.
9. What are the descendants of the Tesla flivver airplane?
(c) Vertical Takeoff and Landing craft.
10. What is George Sylvester Viereck's vocation?
(a) A politician.
(b) A poet.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A scientist.
11. For what publication does Nikola Tesla write about women's superiority?
(a) The New Yorker.
(c) The Harvard Review.
12. How much capital funded the incorporation of the Tesla Ozone Company?
13. How is Nikola Tesla planning to use the Tesla turbine engine?
(a) In a box-like flivver airplane.
(b) To generate electricity.
(c) To create man-made lightning.
(d) For radio broadcasting.
14. Who backs out of his commitment for further investment in Wardenclyffe?
(a) Katherine Johnson.
(b) The Navy.
(d) J. Pierpont Morgan.
15. Who asks Nikola Tesla to accept the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
(a) B. A. Behrend.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) George Westinghouse.
(d) Robert Underwood Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mark Twain and J. Pierpont Morgan die, what happens to Nikola Tesla's behavior?
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla turn 80?
3. What do scientists and engineers worldwide do for Nikola Tesla's 75th birthday?
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla file a patent to describe the supercooling of conductors to appreciably lower resistance?
5. Where is the National Research Council formed?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)