|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Eisenbud suggest about Nikola Tesla's mental condition?
(a) He is schizophrenic.
(b) He is neurotic.
(c) He is psychotic.
(d) He is obsessive compulsive.
2. Who arrives in America from Europe and becomes a minister of the new Tito government?
(a) Nikola Tesla's sister.
(b) Nikola Tesla's nephew.
(c) Nikola Tesla's cousin.
(d) Nikola Tesla's best friend.
3. Whom does Lt. Hobson try to interest in robotry as a way to raise funds for Nikola Tesla?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Coast Guard.
4. With whom does the New York Times suggest that Nikola Tesla will share the 1915 Nobel Prize in physics?
(a) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(d) George Westinghouse.
5. Despite the fact that Nikola Tesla inspires the science of radar, in what year is Robert A. Watson-Watt officially credited with the invention?
6. What Supreme Court decision about Nikola Tesla's invention eight months after his death vindicates him?
(a) He is credited with the invention of submarines.
(b) He is credited with the invention of nuclear power.
(c) He is credited with the invention of radio.
(d) He is credited with the invention of artificial lightning.
7. In what year does the U.S. Supreme Court strike down the Marconi Company patents for the invention of radio?
8. Who uses Nikola Tesla's 1900 radio patent to signal the letter "S" across the Atlantic ocean?
9. Where is the National Research Council formed?
(a) Washington, DC.
(c) New York City.
10. For what is Nikola Tesla singled out due to the role of Yugoslavia in the upcoming war?
(a) A political friend of Yugoslavia.
(b) An ambassador to Croatia.
(c) A scientific advisor.
(d) An ideological pawn between East and West.
11. Where are the plans for Nikola Tesla's "aeromobile"?
(a) The Smithsonian.
(b) The Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrade.
(c) The Tate.
(d) The Museum of Natural History.
12. On how many new inventions does Nikola Tesla say Teleforce is based?
13. What are the descendants of the Tesla flivver airplane?
(a) Vertical Takeoff and Landing craft.
14. Why does Nikola Tesla wish to reject the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
(a) It opens old wounds of his wars with Edison.
(b) He doesn't have a new invention to justify the award.
(c) He doesn't need the publicity.
(d) It doesn't bring him funding.
15. What is George Sylvester Viereck's vocation?
(a) A politician.
(b) A poet.
(c) A scientist.
(d) An engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. At how many revolutions per minute does the Tesla turbine run?
2. How much capital funded the incorporation of the Tesla Ozone Company?
3. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
4. Where does Nikola Tesla go to create new inventions right after the Edison Medal event?
5. What does Nikola Tesla need now to capitalize on his 1906 invention?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)