|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what purpose does Nikola Tesla propose the use of radar?
(a) To locate a hidden submarine.
(b) To set a sighting on a ship.
(c) To pinpoint where airplanes are in the sky.
(d) To monitor automobile traffic.
2. Where is the National Research Council formed?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington, DC.
3. What name does Nikola Tesla call Marconi?
4. In 1906, what type of model does Nikola Tesla build?
(a) A new AC dynamo.
(b) A magnesium copper lamp.
(c) A new lightning machine.
(d) A bladeless turbine.
5. What does Nikola Tesla do during the Edison Medal presentation ceremony?
6. On what invention does Nikola Tesla claim he is working?
(a) A new electronic dynamo for AC power.
(b) A new remote controlled boat.
(c) A new form of atomic energy.
(d) A new type of electric generation tube.
7. What is rumored to have been developed in 1924 by Nikola Tesla?
(a) A death ray.
(b) A warhead.
(c) A new oscillator.
(d) A torpedo.
8. in 1902, what engineer supports the work Nikola Tesla is doing?
(a) Julian Hawthorne.
(b) Fritz Lowenstein.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Lord Kelvin.
9. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
(a) Oyster Point.
(d) The Hamptons.
10. What is George Sylvester Viereck's vocation?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A politician.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A poet.
11. With whom does the New York Times suggest that Nikola Tesla will share the 1915 Nobel Prize in physics?
(a) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(b) George Westinghouse.
(d) Thomas Edison.
12. How old is writer Kenneth M. Swezey when he arrives in New York City?
13. About what do Nikola Tesla and John Hays Hammond Jr. correspond?
(a) Improving the copper button lamp.
(b) Rebuilding the tower in Colorado Springs.
(c) Improving the coil motor.
(d) Earning money through military applications for robotry.
14. In what year does the Luftwaffe bomb Belgrade?
15. What is Charles Hausler's job for Nikola Tesla?
(a) To file his invention papers.
(b) To bring him meals.
(c) To pay his taxes.
(d) To feed and take care of the birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do scientists and engineers worldwide do for Nikola Tesla's 75th birthday?
2. Besides being an inventor, for what other role is Nikola Tesla known?
3. Where does Nikola Tesla go to create new inventions right after the Edison Medal event?
4. After J. Pierpont Morgan dies in 1913, from whom does Nikola Tesla try to get investment funding?
5. Where are the plans for Nikola Tesla's "aeromobile"?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)