|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla finally sue Marconi?
2. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
(b) Oyster Point.
(c) The Hamptons.
3. How old is writer Kenneth M. Swezey when he arrives in New York City?
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla become very feeble?
5. What magazine carries two of Nikola Tesla's designs: extracting electricity from seawater and plans for a geothermal steam plant?
(b) Popular Science.
(c) Everyday Science & Mechanics.
(d) Scientific American.
6. At how many revolutions per minute does the Tesla turbine run?
(a) 40,000 RPM.
(b) 37,500 RPM.
(c) 30,000 RPM.
(d) 35,000 RPM.
7. Whom does Lt. Hobson try to interest in robotry as a way to raise funds for Nikola Tesla?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Coast Guard.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Marines.
8. What is rumored to have been developed in 1924 by Nikola Tesla?
(a) A new oscillator.
(b) A torpedo.
(c) A death ray.
(d) A warhead.
9. Why is Nikola Tesla never sure what day to celebrate for his birthday?
(a) He has no birth certificate.
(b) He is born at midnight.
(c) He cannot remember his birthday.
(d) He isn't told his birthday.
10. Where does Nikola Tesla go to create new inventions right after the Edison Medal event?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) St. Louis.
11. How is Nikola Tesla planning to use the Tesla turbine engine?
(a) To create man-made lightning.
(b) To generate electricity.
(c) For radio broadcasting.
(d) In a box-like flivver airplane.
12. For what is Nikola Tesla singled out due to the role of Yugoslavia in the upcoming war?
(a) An ambassador to Croatia.
(b) An ideological pawn between East and West.
(c) A political friend of Yugoslavia.
(d) A scientific advisor.
13. Who backs out of his commitment for further investment in Wardenclyffe?
(a) Katherine Johnson.
(b) J. Pierpont Morgan.
(c) The Navy.
14. In what year is Nikola Tesla summoned to court for failure to pay his takes in New York City?
15. What professor finds Nikola Tesla's ideas "thermodynamically sound"?
(a) Gustave Kolischer.
(b) Adolph Slaby.
(c) Warren Rice.
(d) Michael Reese.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla file a patent to describe the supercooling of conductors to appreciably lower resistance?
2. What does Dr. Eisenbud suggest about Nikola Tesla's mental condition?
3. Who writes letters to Nikola Tesla from around the country, trying to encourage him about better health?
4. For what purpose does Nikola Tesla propose the use of radar?
5. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)