|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Nikola Tesla and John Hays Hammond Jr. correspond?
(a) Improving the copper button lamp.
(b) Rebuilding the tower in Colorado Springs.
(c) Earning money through military applications for robotry.
(d) Improving the coil motor.
2. Who backs out of his commitment for further investment in Wardenclyffe?
(a) J. Pierpont Morgan.
(b) Katherine Johnson.
(d) The Navy.
3. For what experiment does Nikola Tesla solicit funding in New York in 1900?
(a) A new oscillator.
(b) A lightning generator.
(c) Telegraphic communication to any point on the globe.
(d) A new carbon button lamp.
4. Who finds Nikola Tesla dead in his bed on January 8?
(b) A hotel maid.
(c) H.W. Wembley.
(d) The hotel manager.
5. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
(a) The Hamptons.
(d) Oyster Point.
6. In how many days does Nikola Tesla think the turbine can drive ocean liners across the Atlantic?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 4 days.
7. Who arranges a party for Nikola Tesla's 75th birthday in 1931?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(d) His secretaries.
8. To which fellow New Yorker does Nikola Tesla pay back old debts?
(a) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(b) George Westinghouse.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Robert Underwood Johnson.
9. For what is Nikola Tesla singled out due to the role of Yugoslavia in the upcoming war?
(a) An ambassador to Croatia.
(b) A political friend of Yugoslavia.
(c) A scientific advisor.
(d) An ideological pawn between East and West.
10. In what year do Nikola Tesla's friends Hobson and Johnson die?
11. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
(a) The Players' Club.
(b) The Russian Tea Room.
(c) The Palms.
(d) The Regency Room.
12. What do scientists and engineers worldwide do for Nikola Tesla's 75th birthday?
(a) Attend his party.
(b) Write letters and tributes.
(c) Publish his articles.
(d) Send gifts.
13. Where does Nikola Tesla maintain a laboratory for turbine work?
(a) Newark, New Jersey.
(b) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) New York, New York.
14. In what decade is Prohibition enacted?
15. Why does Nikola Tesla wish to reject the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
(a) He doesn't have a new invention to justify the award.
(b) He doesn't need the publicity.
(c) It opens old wounds of his wars with Edison.
(d) It doesn't bring him funding.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what invention is the 1915 Nobel Prize in Physics given?
2. What is George Sylvester Viereck's vocation?
3. Despite the fact that Nikola Tesla inspires the science of radar, in what year is Robert A. Watson-Watt officially credited with the invention?
4. In what year does the U.S. Supreme Court strike down the Marconi Company patents for the invention of radio?
5. To what periodical does Nikola Tesla write in defense of King Alexander?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)