Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do scientists and engineers worldwide do for Nikola Tesla's 75th birthday?
(a) Attend his party.
(b) Write letters and tributes.
(c) Send gifts.
(d) Publish his articles.
2. What is George Sylvester Viereck's vocation?
(a) A politician.
(b) A scientist.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A poet.
3. Where does Nikola Tesla spend time feeding pigeons?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Riverside Drive Park.
(c) Union Square Park.
(d) Bryant Park.
4. Besides being an inventor, for what other role is Nikola Tesla known?
5. In what year does the Great Depression begin?
6. Where are the plans for Nikola Tesla's "aeromobile"?
(a) The Museum of Natural History.
(b) The Smithsonian.
(c) The Tate.
(d) The Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrade.
7. What is Charles Hausler's job for Nikola Tesla?
(a) To feed and take care of the birds.
(b) To bring him meals.
(c) To file his invention papers.
(d) To pay his taxes.
8. Who tries to learn the secret of animosity between Nikola Tesla and professor Pupin?
(a) Katherine Johnson.
(b) Dragislav L. Petkovic.
(d) George Westinghouse.
9. On what is Nikola Tesla working around the time of his 75th birthday?
(a) A new source of power.
(b) A stronger oscillator.
(c) A more powerful coil.
(d) A new lighting generation machine.
10. In what year is Nikola Tesla summoned to court for failure to pay his takes in New York City?
11. What Supreme Court decision about Nikola Tesla's invention eight months after his death vindicates him?
(a) He is credited with the invention of nuclear power.
(b) He is credited with the invention of artificial lightning.
(c) He is credited with the invention of radio.
(d) He is credited with the invention of submarines.
12. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
(a) Between 30 and 40 pounds.
(b) Less than 20 pounds.
(c) Less than 10 pounds.
(d) 30 pounds.
13. In what year is the Wardenclyffe tower blown up?
14. How much capital funded the incorporation of the Tesla Ozone Company?
15. To where does Nikola Tesla begin to write letters at age fifty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the fact that Nikola Tesla inspires the science of radar, in what year is Robert A. Watson-Watt officially credited with the invention?
2. In 1927, who tries to help Nikola Tesla with the promotion of a scientific concept?
3. In how many days does Nikola Tesla think the turbine can drive ocean liners across the Atlantic?
4. Why is Nikola Tesla never sure what day to celebrate for his birthday?
5. What magazine carries two of Nikola Tesla's designs: extracting electricity from seawater and plans for a geothermal steam plant?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)