|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the Great Depression begin?
2. Who broadcasts voice and music programs in 1906 and 1907 based on Nikola Tesla's radio design and principles?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) Professor Pupin.
(c) William Marconi.
(d) Reginald A. Fessenden.
3. About what do Nikola Tesla and John Hays Hammond Jr. correspond?
(a) Improving the coil motor.
(b) Earning money through military applications for robotry.
(c) Improving the copper button lamp.
(d) Rebuilding the tower in Colorado Springs.
4. What is George Sylvester Viereck's vocation?
(a) An engineer.
(b) A politician.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A poet.
5. In what year does Nikola Tesla file a patent to describe the supercooling of conductors to appreciably lower resistance?
6. Who finds Nikola Tesla dead in his bed on January 8?
(a) H.W. Wembley.
(b) The hotel manager.
(c) A hotel maid.
7. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
(b) The Hamptons.
(d) Oyster Point.
8. Besides being an inventor, for what other role is Nikola Tesla known?
9. Where does Nikola Tesla maintain a laboratory for turbine work?
(a) Newark, New Jersey.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(d) New York, New York.
10. Who arrives in America from Europe and becomes a minister of the new Tito government?
(a) Nikola Tesla's cousin.
(b) Nikola Tesla's nephew.
(c) Nikola Tesla's sister.
(d) Nikola Tesla's best friend.
11. After Mark Twain and J. Pierpont Morgan die, what happens to Nikola Tesla's behavior?
(a) It becomes stranger.
(b) It becomes more upbeat.
(c) It becomes erratic.
(d) It becomes depressing.
12. What is Charles Hausler's job for Nikola Tesla?
(a) To file his invention papers.
(b) To feed and take care of the birds.
(c) To pay his taxes.
(d) To bring him meals.
13. In 1906, what type of model does Nikola Tesla build?
(a) A bladeless turbine.
(b) A magnesium copper lamp.
(c) A new AC dynamo.
(d) A new lightning machine.
14. On how many new inventions does Nikola Tesla say Teleforce is based?
15. Whom does Lt. Hobson try to interest in robotry as a way to raise funds for Nikola Tesla?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Coast Guard.
(d) The Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. After J. Pierpont Morgan dies in 1913, from whom does Nikola Tesla try to get investment funding?
2. In what year does Katherine Johnson die?
3. For what invention is the 1915 Nobel Prize in Physics given?
4. With whom does the New York Times suggest that Nikola Tesla will share the 1915 Nobel Prize in physics?
5. What do scientists and engineers worldwide do for Nikola Tesla's 75th birthday?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)