|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who uses Nikola Tesla's 1900 radio patent to signal the letter "S" across the Atlantic ocean?
2. Why is Nikola Tesla never sure what day to celebrate for his birthday?
(a) He is born at midnight.
(b) He isn't told his birthday.
(c) He cannot remember his birthday.
(d) He has no birth certificate.
3. Who arrives in America from Europe and becomes a minister of the new Tito government?
(a) Nikola Tesla's sister.
(b) Nikola Tesla's cousin.
(c) Nikola Tesla's nephew.
(d) Nikola Tesla's best friend.
4. For what experiment does Nikola Tesla solicit funding in New York in 1900?
(a) Telegraphic communication to any point on the globe.
(b) A new carbon button lamp.
(c) A new oscillator.
(d) A lightning generator.
5. What professor finds Nikola Tesla's ideas "thermodynamically sound"?
(a) Adolph Slaby.
(b) Gustave Kolischer.
(c) Michael Reese.
(d) Warren Rice.
6. Where is the National Research Council formed?
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) New York City.
7. How much capital funded the incorporation of the Tesla Ozone Company?
8. How does Nikola Tesla have photographs produced of the Colorado Springs lightning experiment?
(a) Using artistic enhancement.
(b) Using plates.
(c) Using time exposures.
(d) Using negatives.
9. How is Nikola Tesla planning to use the Tesla turbine engine?
(a) In a box-like flivver airplane.
(b) To create man-made lightning.
(c) To generate electricity.
(d) For radio broadcasting.
10. What does Nikola Tesla believe about life on other planets?
(a) It is a certitude.
(b) It is a possibility.
(c) It does not exist on Venus.
(d) It may exist on Jupiter.
11. In 1906, what type of model does Nikola Tesla build?
(a) A new AC dynamo.
(b) A magnesium copper lamp.
(c) A bladeless turbine.
(d) A new lightning machine.
12. in 1902, what engineer supports the work Nikola Tesla is doing?
(a) Lord Kelvin.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) Fritz Lowenstein.
(d) Julian Hawthorne.
13. In what year does Nikola Tesla finally sue Marconi?
14. What do scientists and engineers worldwide do for Nikola Tesla's 75th birthday?
(a) Attend his party.
(b) Write letters and tributes.
(c) Send gifts.
(d) Publish his articles.
15. With whom does the New York Times suggest that Nikola Tesla will share the 1915 Nobel Prize in physics?
(a) George Westinghouse.
(b) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(c) Thomas Edison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides being an inventor, for what other role is Nikola Tesla known?
2. On what is Nikola Tesla working around the time of his 75th birthday?
3. What does Nikola Tesla need now to capitalize on his 1906 invention?
4. To which fellow New Yorker does Nikola Tesla pay back old debts?
5. On what invention does Nikola Tesla claim he is working?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)