|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which fellow New Yorker does Nikola Tesla pay back old debts?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) George Westinghouse.
2. For what invention is the 1915 Nobel Prize in Physics given?
(a) The invention of radio.
(b) The copper button lamp.
(c) The creation of man-made lightning.
(d) The use of X-rays to determine the structure of crystals.
3. For what is Nikola Tesla singled out due to the role of Yugoslavia in the upcoming war?
(a) A scientific advisor.
(b) A political friend of Yugoslavia.
(c) An ambassador to Croatia.
(d) An ideological pawn between East and West.
4. Where does Nikola Tesla spend time feeding pigeons?
(a) Union Square Park.
(b) Riverside Drive Park.
(c) Bryant Park.
(d) Central Park.
5. Who broadcasts voice and music programs in 1906 and 1907 based on Nikola Tesla's radio design and principles?
(a) William Marconi.
(b) Professor Pupin.
(c) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(d) Reginald A. Fessenden.
6. About what do Nikola Tesla and John Hays Hammond Jr. correspond?
(a) Improving the copper button lamp.
(b) Rebuilding the tower in Colorado Springs.
(c) Improving the coil motor.
(d) Earning money through military applications for robotry.
7. After Mark Twain and J. Pierpont Morgan die, what happens to Nikola Tesla's behavior?
(a) It becomes more upbeat.
(b) It becomes depressing.
(c) It becomes erratic.
(d) It becomes stranger.
8. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
(c) The Hamptons.
(d) Oyster Point.
9. In what year is the Wardenclyffe tower blown up?
10. Whom does Lt. Hobson try to interest in robotry as a way to raise funds for Nikola Tesla?
(a) The Coast Guard.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Marines.
11. Where is the National Research Council formed?
(a) Washington, DC.
(d) New York City.
12. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
(a) The Regency Room.
(b) The Palms.
(c) The Russian Tea Room.
(d) The Players' Club.
13. In what year does the Luftwaffe bomb Belgrade?
14. What Supreme Court decision about Nikola Tesla's invention eight months after his death vindicates him?
(a) He is credited with the invention of radio.
(b) He is credited with the invention of submarines.
(c) He is credited with the invention of artificial lightning.
(d) He is credited with the invention of nuclear power.
15. What is rumored to have been developed in 1924 by Nikola Tesla?
(a) A warhead.
(b) A torpedo.
(c) A death ray.
(d) A new oscillator.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is Yugoslavia formed?
2. What is George Sylvester Viereck's vocation?
3. In 1906, what type of model does Nikola Tesla build?
4. On how many new inventions does Nikola Tesla say Teleforce is based?
5. To where does Nikola Tesla begin to write letters at age fifty?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)