|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla do during the Edison Medal presentation ceremony?
2. In 1915, who builds a radio station for the U.S. Naval Radio Service?
(a) A German firm.
(b) A British firm.
(c) A French firm.
(d) A Serbian firm.
3. In what year does the Luftwaffe bomb Belgrade?
4. For what experiment does Nikola Tesla solicit funding in New York in 1900?
(a) Telegraphic communication to any point on the globe.
(b) A new carbon button lamp.
(c) A new oscillator.
(d) A lightning generator.
5. In what year does Nikola Tesla finally sue Marconi?
6. Besides being an inventor, for what other role is Nikola Tesla known?
7. Why does Nikola Tesla wish to reject the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
(a) It opens old wounds of his wars with Edison.
(b) It doesn't bring him funding.
(c) He doesn't need the publicity.
(d) He doesn't have a new invention to justify the award.
8. On what invention does Nikola Tesla claim he is working?
(a) A new electronic dynamo for AC power.
(b) A new form of atomic energy.
(c) A new remote controlled boat.
(d) A new type of electric generation tube.
9. What influences does Nikola Tesla believe will compromise the religion of the human race in the year 2100?
(a) The essences of Buddhism and Judaism.
(b) The essences of Buddhism and Atheism.
(c) The essences of Buddhism and Christianity.
(d) The essences of Christianity and Judaism.
10. How much capital funded the incorporation of the Tesla Ozone Company?
11. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
(a) 30 pounds.
(b) Between 30 and 40 pounds.
(c) Less than 20 pounds.
(d) Less than 10 pounds.
12. Who arrives in America from Europe and becomes a minister of the new Tito government?
(a) Nikola Tesla's sister.
(b) Nikola Tesla's best friend.
(c) Nikola Tesla's nephew.
(d) Nikola Tesla's cousin.
13. In what year does Nikola Tesla file a patent to describe the supercooling of conductors to appreciably lower resistance?
14. In what year does the U.S. Supreme Court strike down the Marconi Company patents for the invention of radio?
15. What name does Nikola Tesla call Marconi?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which fellow New Yorker does Nikola Tesla pay back old debts?
2. What happens to patents filed by Nikola Tesla in 1922?
3. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
4. About what do Nikola Tesla and John Hays Hammond Jr. correspond?
5. What Supreme Court decision about Nikola Tesla's invention eight months after his death vindicates him?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)