|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the descendants of the Tesla flivver airplane?
(c) Vertical Takeoff and Landing craft.
2. Who arranges a party for Nikola Tesla's 75th birthday in 1931?
(c) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(d) His secretaries.
3. In what year is Nikola Tesla summoned to court for failure to pay his takes in New York City?
4. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
(a) The Regency Room.
(b) The Russian Tea Room.
(c) The Players' Club.
(d) The Palms.
5. What does Nikola Tesla's 81st birthday bring him?
(a) More international recognition.
(b) A new secretary.
(c) More funding for research.
(d) A new laboratory.
6. Who uses Nikola Tesla's 1900 radio patent to signal the letter "S" across the Atlantic ocean?
7. To what periodical does Nikola Tesla write in defense of King Alexander?
(a) The Daily News.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Wall Street Journal.
(d) The Post.
8. Whom does Lt. Hobson try to interest in robotry as a way to raise funds for Nikola Tesla?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Coast Guard.
(d) The Marines.
9. Why does Nikola Tesla wish to reject the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
(a) It doesn't bring him funding.
(b) It opens old wounds of his wars with Edison.
(c) He doesn't need the publicity.
(d) He doesn't have a new invention to justify the award.
10. Where is the National Research Council formed?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, DC.
11. On what is Nikola Tesla working around the time of his 75th birthday?
(a) A more powerful coil.
(b) A stronger oscillator.
(c) A new source of power.
(d) A new lighting generation machine.
12. For what publication does Nikola Tesla write about women's superiority?
(a) The New Yorker.
(c) The Harvard Review.
13. Where does Nikola Tesla spend time feeding pigeons?
(a) Bryant Park.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Riverside Drive Park.
(d) Union Square Park.
14. In what year does Nikola Tesla turn 80?
15. With what bird is Nikola Tesla enamored?
(c) Blue jay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
2. For what experiment does Nikola Tesla solicit funding in New York in 1900?
3. Who broadcasts voice and music programs in 1906 and 1907 based on Nikola Tesla's radio design and principles?
4. What name does Nikola Tesla call Marconi?
5. In what year is the Wardenclyffe tower blown up?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)