|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who uses Nikola Tesla's 1900 radio patent to signal the letter "S" across the Atlantic ocean?
2. Whom does Lt. Hobson try to interest in robotry as a way to raise funds for Nikola Tesla?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Coast Guard.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Army.
3. In what year does the Luftwaffe bomb Belgrade?
4. In what year is the Wardenclyffe tower blown up?
5. In what year does Nikola Tesla turn 80?
6. Who asks Nikola Tesla to accept the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) George Westinghouse.
(c) B. A. Behrend.
(d) Robert Underwood Johnson.
7. How much capital funded the incorporation of the Tesla Ozone Company?
8. In what year is Yugoslavia formed?
9. On how many new inventions does Nikola Tesla say Teleforce is based?
10. What type of weapon does Nikola envision in his conversations with Viereck?
(a) A guided missile.
(b) A nuclear submarine.
(c) A death ray gun.
(d) An apparatus that projects charged particles.
11. In what year is Nikola Tesla summoned to court for failure to pay his takes in New York City?
12. Where is the National Research Council formed?
(a) New York City.
(c) Washington, DC.
13. In 1927, who tries to help Nikola Tesla with the promotion of a scientific concept?
(a) Francis A. Fitzgerald.
(b) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(c) Robert Underwood Johnson.
14. Why does Nikola Tesla ignore the NRC mission of finding a way to detect U-Boats?
(a) He doesn't have the right laboratory
(b) He has already worked with the detection of U-Boats.
(c) He doesn't have the funds.
(d) He is busy working with guided missiles and doomsday machines.
15. In how many days does Nikola Tesla think the turbine can drive ocean liners across the Atlantic?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to learn the secret of animosity between Nikola Tesla and professor Pupin?
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla file a patent to describe the supercooling of conductors to appreciably lower resistance?
3. For what experiment does Nikola Tesla solicit funding in New York in 1900?
4. At how many revolutions per minute does the Tesla turbine run?
5. In what year does the U.S. Supreme Court strike down the Marconi Company patents for the invention of radio?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)