|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do scientists and engineers worldwide do for Nikola Tesla's 75th birthday?
(a) Publish his articles.
(b) Attend his party.
(c) Send gifts.
(d) Write letters and tributes.
2. In what year is Nikola Tesla summoned to court for failure to pay his takes in New York City?
3. Where does Nikola Tesla spend time feeding pigeons?
(a) Union Square Park.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Bryant Park.
(d) Riverside Drive Park.
4. Why does Nikola Tesla wish to reject the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
(a) He doesn't need the publicity.
(b) It doesn't bring him funding.
(c) He doesn't have a new invention to justify the award.
(d) It opens old wounds of his wars with Edison.
5. What does Nikola Tesla need now to capitalize on his 1906 invention?
(c) A manufacturing plant.
(d) A business manager.
6. Where are the plans for Nikola Tesla's "aeromobile"?
(a) The Smithsonian.
(b) The Museum of Natural History.
(c) The Tate.
(d) The Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrade.
7. in 1902, what engineer supports the work Nikola Tesla is doing?
(a) Julian Hawthorne.
(b) Lord Kelvin.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Fritz Lowenstein.
8. What does Nikola Tesla believe about life on other planets?
(a) It does not exist on Venus.
(b) It is a certitude.
(c) It is a possibility.
(d) It may exist on Jupiter.
9. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
(a) Less than 10 pounds.
(b) Less than 20 pounds.
(c) 30 pounds.
(d) Between 30 and 40 pounds.
10. Who tries to learn the secret of animosity between Nikola Tesla and professor Pupin?
(b) Dragislav L. Petkovic.
(c) Katherine Johnson.
(d) George Westinghouse.
11. To what periodical does Nikola Tesla write in defense of King Alexander?
(a) The Daily News.
(b) The Wall Street Journal.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Post.
12. What type of weapon does Nikola envision in his conversations with Viereck?
(a) A nuclear submarine.
(b) A guided missile.
(c) A death ray gun.
(d) An apparatus that projects charged particles.
13. What is Charles Hausler's job for Nikola Tesla?
(a) To bring him meals.
(b) To pay his taxes.
(c) To file his invention papers.
(d) To feed and take care of the birds.
14. To where does Nikola Tesla begin to write letters at age fifty?
15. What hotel is Nikola Tesla told to vacate in part because of his birds?
(a) The Park.
(b) The St. Regis.
(c) The Regency.
(d) The Waldorf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much capital funded the incorporation of the Tesla Ozone Company?
2. What company refuses to entertain any of Nikola Tesla's proposals in 1920?
3. In what year does Nikola Tesla become very feeble?
4. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
5. In what year does the Great Depression begin?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)