|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hotel is Nikola Tesla told to vacate in part because of his birds?
(a) The Waldorf.
(b) The Park.
(c) The St. Regis.
(d) The Regency.
2. What is George Sylvester Viereck's vocation?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A poet.
(c) A politician.
(d) An engineer.
3. With whom does the New York Times suggest that Nikola Tesla will share the 1915 Nobel Prize in physics?
(a) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(b) George Westinghouse.
(d) Thomas Edison.
4. At how many revolutions per minute does the Tesla turbine run?
(a) 40,000 RPM.
(b) 30,000 RPM.
(c) 35,000 RPM.
(d) 37,500 RPM.
5. Where does Nikola Tesla spend time feeding pigeons?
(a) Union Square Park.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Riverside Drive Park.
(d) Bryant Park.
6. In what decade is Prohibition enacted?
7. Why does Nikola Tesla ignore the NRC mission of finding a way to detect U-Boats?
(a) He has already worked with the detection of U-Boats.
(b) He doesn't have the right laboratory
(c) He is busy working with guided missiles and doomsday machines.
(d) He doesn't have the funds.
8. How much capital funded the incorporation of the Tesla Ozone Company?
9. On what does Nikola Tesla say that civilized nations would spend more on than war?
10. What is Charles Hausler's job for Nikola Tesla?
(a) To bring him meals.
(b) To feed and take care of the birds.
(c) To file his invention papers.
(d) To pay his taxes.
11. For what experiment does Nikola Tesla solicit funding in New York in 1900?
(a) A new carbon button lamp.
(b) Telegraphic communication to any point on the globe.
(c) A lightning generator.
(d) A new oscillator.
12. In what year does the U.S. Supreme Court strike down the Marconi Company patents for the invention of radio?
13. In what year does Nikola Tesla finally sue Marconi?
14. What does Nikola Tesla need now to capitalize on his 1906 invention?
(a) A manufacturing plant.
(d) A business manager.
15. For what is Nikola Tesla singled out due to the role of Yugoslavia in the upcoming war?
(a) An ideological pawn between East and West.
(b) A political friend of Yugoslavia.
(c) An ambassador to Croatia.
(d) A scientific advisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla become very feeble?
2. How old is writer Kenneth M. Swezey when he arrives in New York City?
3. What is being manufactured at Wardenclyffe?
4. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
5. What company refuses to entertain any of Nikola Tesla's proposals in 1920?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)