|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nikola Tesla have photographs produced of the Colorado Springs lightning experiment?
(a) Using artistic enhancement.
(b) Using negatives.
(c) Using plates.
(d) Using time exposures.
2. What Supreme Court decision about Nikola Tesla's invention eight months after his death vindicates him?
(a) He is credited with the invention of artificial lightning.
(b) He is credited with the invention of radio.
(c) He is credited with the invention of nuclear power.
(d) He is credited with the invention of submarines.
3. in 1902, what engineer supports the work Nikola Tesla is doing?
(a) Lord Kelvin.
(b) Fritz Lowenstein.
(c) Julian Hawthorne.
(d) Thomas Edison.
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla file a patent to describe the supercooling of conductors to appreciably lower resistance?
5. At how many revolutions per minute does the Tesla turbine run?
(a) 35,000 RPM.
(b) 40,000 RPM.
(c) 30,000 RPM.
(d) 37,500 RPM.
6. On what is Nikola Tesla working around the time of his 75th birthday?
(a) A more powerful coil.
(b) A stronger oscillator.
(c) A new lighting generation machine.
(d) A new source of power.
7. What does Nikola Tesla do during the Edison Medal presentation ceremony?
8. What does Nikola Tesla's 81st birthday bring him?
(a) More funding for research.
(b) A new laboratory.
(c) More international recognition.
(d) A new secretary.
9. To what periodical does Nikola Tesla write in defense of King Alexander?
(a) The Post.
(b) The Daily News.
(c) The Wall Street Journal.
(d) The New York Times.
10. For what purpose does Nikola Tesla propose the use of radar?
(a) To locate a hidden submarine.
(b) To monitor automobile traffic.
(c) To pinpoint where airplanes are in the sky.
(d) To set a sighting on a ship.
11. In 1915, who builds a radio station for the U.S. Naval Radio Service?
(a) A Serbian firm.
(b) A French firm.
(c) A British firm.
(d) A German firm.
12. What is Charles Hausler's job for Nikola Tesla?
(a) To pay his taxes.
(b) To bring him meals.
(c) To file his invention papers.
(d) To feed and take care of the birds.
13. In what decade is Prohibition enacted?
14. Where does Nikola Tesla go to create new inventions right after the Edison Medal event?
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New Jersey.
15. What magazine carries two of Nikola Tesla's designs: extracting electricity from seawater and plans for a geothermal steam plant?
(b) Popular Science.
(c) Scientific American.
(d) Everyday Science & Mechanics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year do Nikola Tesla's friends Hobson and Johnson die?
2. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
3. For what invention is the 1915 Nobel Prize in Physics given?
4. What is George Sylvester Viereck's vocation?
5. In what year does the Great Depression begin?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)