|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(a) Social studies.
2. What does Nikola Tesla believe is the greatest benefit of robots?
(a) Service to humanity.
(b) Service to boats.
(c) Service to traffic.
(d) Service to the military.
3. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(b) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(c) He electrocutes birds.
(d) He publishes a newspaper article.
4. What is Nikola Tesla's first two-way radio controlled object?
5. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
6. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet six inches.
(b) Six feet four inches.
(c) Five feet two inches.
(d) Six feet.
7. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
8. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
(a) It is difficult to adjust.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is too large.
9. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
10. For what patent does Nikola Tesla file in 1898?
(a) Radio remote control for use in guided vehicles.
(b) Radio transistors.
(c) Radio remote control for use in his laboratory.
(d) An alternating current engine for an automobile.
11. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
12. How many volts are Nikola Tesla's coils producing when he asks Leonard Curtis to find him a new laboratory?
13. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
(a) It discharges and quits.
(b) It knocks the generator off line and makes it burn.
(d) It restores the generator to the line.
14. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
15. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
(a) Electrical lines are strung over the falls.
(b) Westinghouse is ready to deliver 15,000 horsepower of electricity.
(c) GE delivers electricity first.
(d) George Westinghouse begins a new company.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
2. What is the Tesla coil?
3. Why does Nikola Tesla choose room 207 at the Alta Vista Hotel?
4. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
5. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)