Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Tesla coil?
(a) An electromagnetic force.
(b) A radio wave.
(c) A vacuum tube.
(d) A high frequency transmitter.
2. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
(a) A water engine.
(b) A steam driven engine.
(c) A solar engine.
(d) A vacuum engine.
3. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Five feet two inches.
(b) Six feet.
(c) Six feet six inches.
(d) Six feet four inches.
4. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
(a) To Munich.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To London.
(d) To America.
5. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
6. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
7. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
(a) In the doorway of the laboratory.
(b) Next to the switch.
(d) A chair in the middle of the room.
8. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
9. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to a celebration at the Waldorf in 1898?
(b) The Westinghouses.
(c) The Johnsons.
(d) The Edisons.
10. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
11. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
12. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) Vacation days.
(b) A $50,000 bonus.
(c) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
(d) A $10/week raise.
13. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
14. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
(a) Nuclear fission.
15. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(b) He improves direct current.
(c) He improves Edison's laboratory.
(d) He invents new types of light bulbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
2. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
3. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
4. For what patent does Nikola Tesla file in 1898?
5. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)