|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
2. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
(a) Remote electricity.
(b) Stationary pulses.
(c) Nuclear power.
(d) Stationary waves.
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
(d) New York.
4. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) An AC motor.
(b) A DC motor.
(c) A gas powered motor.
(d) A pulley motor.
5. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Five feet two inches.
(b) Six feet.
(c) Six feet four inches.
(d) Six feet six inches.
6. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
(a) He is burned.
(b) He shudders.
(c) He loses consciousness.
(d) He is fine.
7. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
(a) Spherical coil.
(b) Cylindrical coil.
(c) Linear coil.
(d) Conical coil.
8. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He improves Edison's laboratory.
(b) He invents new types of light bulbs.
(c) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(d) He improves direct current.
9. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They solve problems differently.
(b) They have different hygiene.
(c) They have different religious beliefs.
(d) They have different schedules.
10. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
11. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
(d) Colorado Springs.
12. How many volts are Nikola Tesla's coils producing when he asks Leonard Curtis to find him a new laboratory?
13. In what year does the Tesla Electric Company open?
14. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
15. Why does Nikola Tesla choose room 207 at the Alta Vista Hotel?
(a) It has a window.
(b) The number 207 reminds him of his mother.
(c) It is the only room available.
(d) The number 207 is divisible by three and one flight up.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
2. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
3. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
4. How does Nikola Tesla sometimes feel because he has not married?
5. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)