|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Nellie Melba.
(b) Katherine Johnson.
(c) Marguerite Merington.
(d) Ann Morgan.
2. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
3. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They have different schedules.
(b) They solve problems differently.
(c) They have different religious beliefs.
(d) They have different hygiene.
4. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) A new generator.
(b) A DC motor.
(c) The Tesla arc lamp.
(d) A new light bulb.
5. When does Nikola Tesla perform a major experiment in his Colorado Springs laboratory?
(a) September 1, 1899.
(b) August 5, 1899.
(c) July 3, 1899.
(d) June 27, 1899.
6. How many volts are Nikola Tesla's coils producing when he asks Leonard Curtis to find him a new laboratory?
7. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) DC system.
(b) Polyphase system.
(c) Fluorescent bulb system.
(d) Voltage system.
8. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
9. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
10. What is Nikola Tesla's first two-way radio controlled object?
11. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
(a) The official tells him someone already approached the government.
(b) The official laughs at Nikola Tesla.
(c) The official asks for more research.
(d) The official accepts the research.
12. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He electrocutes birds.
(b) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(c) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(d) He publishes a newspaper article.
13. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to a celebration at the Waldorf in 1898?
(a) The Edisons.
(b) The Johnsons.
(d) The Westinghouses.
14. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) His direct current laboratory.
(b) The electric light bulb.
(c) His dynamos.
(d) Electrical systems for ships.
15. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
2. Why are balloons ordered?
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
4. Why does Nikola Tesla choose room 207 at the Alta Vista Hotel?
5. In what field does Nikola Tesla pioneer inventions while the Nobel Prize goes to three others?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)