|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what is the invention that most fascinates Nikola Tesla followers?
(a) The Copper Button Lamp.
(b) The remote controlled ship.
(c) The valve.
(d) The transmitter.
2. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
(a) He feels sorry for him.
(b) He detests him.
(c) He worships him.
(d) He feels nothing for him.
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
4. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
(a) A chair in the middle of the room.
(b) Next to the switch.
(c) In the doorway of the laboratory.
5. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet six inches.
(b) Five feet two inches.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Six feet four inches.
6. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) The Tesla arc lamp.
(b) A new generator.
(c) A DC motor.
(d) A new light bulb.
7. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Five feet two inches.
(b) Six feet four inches.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Six feet six inches.
8. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
(a) Leland Anderson.
(b) Louis Cohen.
(c) Gano Dunn.
(d) D. McFarlan Moore.
9. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
10. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
(a) The official tells him someone already approached the government.
(b) The official laughs at Nikola Tesla.
(c) The official asks for more research.
(d) The official accepts the research.
11. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) Electrical systems for ships.
(b) His direct current laboratory.
(c) His dynamos.
(d) The electric light bulb.
12. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
13. How does Nikola Tesla sometimes feel because he has not married?
14. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
(a) Turns it off.
(b) Smashes it.
(c) Oils it.
(d) Turns it up.
15. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They have different schedules.
(b) They have different hygiene.
(c) They solve problems differently.
(d) They have different religious beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what field does Nikola Tesla pioneer inventions while the Nobel Prize goes to three others?
2. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
3. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
4. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
5. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)