|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what field does Nikola Tesla pioneer inventions while the Nobel Prize goes to three others?
(b) Wireless technology.
(c) The transistor.
(d) The radio.
2. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Double the value.
(b) Tear it up.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Split it.
3. Who contributed $30,000 toward the building of the new research station?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) Simpson and Crawford.
(c) John Jacob Astor.
(d) Leonard Curtis.
4. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
5. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
6. Why are balloons ordered?
(a) For the enjoyment of local children.
(b) To anchor the equipment.
(c) To hoist stationary antennae into the air.
(d) To celebrate the completion of an experiment.
7. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Direct current.
(b) Alternating current.
(c) Indirect current.
(d) Hydroelectric current.
8. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(c) Social studies.
9. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
(a) He loses consciousness.
(b) He shudders.
(c) He is fine.
(d) He is burned.
10. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Katherine Johnson.
(b) Marguerite Merington.
(c) Nellie Melba.
(d) Ann Morgan.
11. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
(b) Radio waves.
12. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) Fluorescent bulb system.
(b) Voltage system.
(c) DC system.
(d) Polyphase system.
13. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(b) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(c) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(d) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
14. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
(a) It discharges and quits.
(b) It knocks the generator off line and makes it burn.
(d) It restores the generator to the line.
15. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
(a) Gano Dunn.
(b) D. McFarlan Moore.
(c) Leland Anderson.
(d) Louis Cohen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nikola Tesla choose room 207 at the Alta Vista Hotel?
2. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
3. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
4. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
5. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)