|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
(a) Turns it off.
(b) Turns it up.
(c) Smashes it.
(d) Oils it.
2. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) Fluorescent bulb system.
(b) Polyphase system.
(c) Voltage system.
(d) DC system.
3. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) The World Congress.
(b) A bad radio experiment.
(c) A scientists' meeting in London.
(d) The Chicago World's Fair.
4. What is Nikola Tesla's first two-way radio controlled object?
5. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
(a) GE delivers electricity first.
(b) George Westinghouse begins a new company.
(c) Westinghouse is ready to deliver 15,000 horsepower of electricity.
(d) Electrical lines are strung over the falls.
6. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(c) London, England.
(d) Washington, D.C.
7. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
(b) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(c) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(d) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
8. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(b) He publishes articles in magazines.
(c) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(d) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
9. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Six feet six inches.
(c) Five feet two inches.
(d) Six feet four inches.
10. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Split it.
(b) Tear it up.
(c) Double the value.
(d) Sell it.
11. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
(b) Radio waves.
12. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
13. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
14. In what year does the Tesla Electric Company open?
15. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
2. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
3. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
4. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
5. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)