|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the Tesla Electric Company open?
2. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) Polyphase system.
(b) Fluorescent bulb system.
(c) Voltage system.
(d) DC system.
3. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
(a) He is bipolar.
(b) He is passive aggressive.
(c) He is a homosexual.
(d) He is a virgin.
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
5. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
(a) A fluorescent light bulb.
(b) A working model of the incandescent sun.
(c) The light on Mars.
6. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
7. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
8. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) The Chicago World's Fair.
(b) A bad radio experiment.
(c) The World Congress.
(d) A scientists' meeting in London.
9. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He publishes articles in magazines.
(b) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(c) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(d) He sends out letters to the scientists.
10. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
(a) Visiting his mother's grave.
(b) Roaming in his native mountains.
(c) Touring Zagreb.
(d) Doing research in Budapest.
11. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
(a) The Thomas Edisons.
(b) The Robert Underwood Johnsons.
(c) The George Westinghouses.
(d) The Thomas Commerfod Martins.
12. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
13. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) J. Pierpont Morgan.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) George Westinghouse.
14. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
15. Why does Nikola Tesla choose room 207 at the Alta Vista Hotel?
(a) The number 207 reminds him of his mother.
(b) It is the only room available.
(c) The number 207 is divisible by three and one flight up.
(d) It has a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
2. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
3. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
4. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
5. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)