|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
(a) Electrical lines are strung over the falls.
(b) George Westinghouse begins a new company.
(c) Westinghouse is ready to deliver 15,000 horsepower of electricity.
(d) GE delivers electricity first.
2. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
3. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to a celebration at the Waldorf in 1898?
(a) The Edisons.
(b) The Westinghouses.
(d) The Johnsons.
4. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
(a) Next to the switch.
(b) A chair in the middle of the room.
(c) In the doorway of the laboratory.
5. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
(a) The official asks for more research.
(b) The official accepts the research.
(c) The official laughs at Nikola Tesla.
(d) The official tells him someone already approached the government.
6. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(b) He electrocutes birds.
(c) He publishes a newspaper article.
(d) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
7. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He invents new types of light bulbs.
(b) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(c) He improves Edison's laboratory.
(d) He improves direct current.
8. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
(a) The x-ray.
(b) The vacuum tube.
(c) The radio.
(d) The fluorescent light bulb.
9. With what planet does Nikola Tesla say communication can be made?
10. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
11. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
(a) Turns it up.
(b) Oils it.
(c) Turns it off.
(d) Smashes it.
12. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Irene Curie.
(b) Vladimir Zworykin.
(c) Henri Becquerel.
(d) Thomas Edison.
13. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(a) Social studies.
14. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
15. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
(a) The United States Congress.
(b) The engineers at the Chicago World's Fair.
(c) The Electrical Congress.
(d) The International Congress.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
2. How many volts are Nikola Tesla's coils producing when he asks Leonard Curtis to find him a new laboratory?
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
4. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
5. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)