|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
(a) The fluorescent light bulb.
(b) The vacuum tube.
(c) The x-ray.
(d) The radio.
2. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Wall Street Journal.
(c) The Electrical Review.
(d) The Electrical Times.
3. How does Nikola Tesla sometimes feel because he has not married?
4. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(b) He publishes a newspaper article.
(c) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(d) He electrocutes birds.
5. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
(a) A fluorescent light bulb.
(b) The light on Mars.
(c) A working model of the incandescent sun.
6. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(d) Social studies.
7. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
(a) Herman Melville.
(b) Robert Browning.
(c) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(d) Mark Twain.
8. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
(c) Radio wave.
9. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
(a) It knocks the generator off line and makes it burn.
(b) It discharges and quits.
(c) It restores the generator to the line.
10. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
(a) The official accepts the research.
(b) The official asks for more research.
(c) The official tells him someone already approached the government.
(d) The official laughs at Nikola Tesla.
11. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
(d) Colorado Springs.
12. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
13. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
14. In Chapter 13, what is the invention that most fascinates Nikola Tesla followers?
(a) The Copper Button Lamp.
(b) The valve.
(c) The remote controlled ship.
(d) The transmitter.
15. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) Voltage system.
(b) Polyphase system.
(c) DC system.
(d) Fluorescent bulb system.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
2. What happens to horses when Nikola Tesla is running his Colorado Springs experiments?
3. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
4. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
5. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)