|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what is the invention that most fascinates Nikola Tesla followers?
(a) The remote controlled ship.
(b) The valve.
(c) The transmitter.
(d) The Copper Button Lamp.
2. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
(a) He feels sorry for him.
(b) He detests him.
(c) He feels nothing for him.
(d) He worships him.
3. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Vladimir Zworykin.
(c) Irene Curie.
(d) Henri Becquerel.
4. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
(a) The official tells him someone already approached the government.
(b) The official asks for more research.
(c) The official laughs at Nikola Tesla.
(d) The official accepts the research.
5. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
6. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
7. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
(a) It discharges and quits.
(b) It restores the generator to the line.
(c) It knocks the generator off line and makes it burn.
8. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
(a) George Westinghouse.
(b) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) J. Pierpont Morgan.
9. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) The Chicago World's Fair.
(b) The World Congress.
(c) A bad radio experiment.
(d) A scientists' meeting in London.
10. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
(b) A $50,000 bonus.
(c) Vacation days.
(d) A $10/week raise.
11. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
12. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Ruby-button lamp.
(b) Zirconia-button lamp.
(c) Carbon-button lamp.
(d) Diamond-button lamp.
13. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(b) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(c) He electrocutes birds.
(d) He publishes a newspaper article.
14. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
(a) A solar engine.
(b) A vacuum engine.
(c) A steam driven engine.
(d) A water engine.
15. In what field does Nikola Tesla pioneer inventions while the Nobel Prize goes to three others?
(b) The transistor.
(c) The radio.
(d) Wireless technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
2. What is Nikola Tesla's first two-way radio controlled object?
3. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
4. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
5. Where is the Palm Room?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)