|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Katherine Johnson.
(b) Ann Morgan.
(c) Marguerite Merington.
(d) Nellie Melba.
2. What does Nikola Tesla believe is the greatest benefit of robots?
(a) Service to traffic.
(b) Service to the military.
(c) Service to boats.
(d) Service to humanity.
3. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
4. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
(a) It is too small.
(b) It is too large.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is difficult to adjust.
5. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
(a) J. Pierpont Morgan.
(b) George Westinghouse.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Robert Underwood Johnson.
6. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
(a) To Munich.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To London.
(d) To America.
7. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
8. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
(a) A vacuum engine.
(b) A solar engine.
(c) A water engine.
(d) A steam driven engine.
9. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(b) He improves direct current.
(c) He improves Edison's laboratory.
(d) He invents new types of light bulbs.
10. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
(a) Stationary waves.
(b) Remote electricity.
(c) Nuclear power.
(d) Stationary pulses.
11. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
12. In what field does Nikola Tesla pioneer inventions while the Nobel Prize goes to three others?
(a) Wireless technology.
(b) The transistor.
(c) The radio.
13. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Alternating current.
(b) Hydroelectric current.
(c) Direct current.
(d) Indirect current.
14. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) The Chicago World's Fair.
(b) A bad radio experiment.
(c) A scientists' meeting in London.
(d) The World Congress.
15. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
(a) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Robert Browning.
(d) Herman Melville.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
2. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
3. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
4. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
5. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)