|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
(a) George Westinghouse.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) Dr. B.A. Behrend.
(d) Mark Twain.
2. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
3. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
(a) The United States Congress.
(b) The International Congress.
(c) The engineers at the Chicago World's Fair.
(d) The Electrical Congress.
4. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) A gas powered motor.
(b) An AC motor.
(c) A DC motor.
(d) A pulley motor.
5. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Six feet four inches.
(c) Five feet two inches.
(d) Six feet six inches.
6. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
7. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They have different religious beliefs.
(b) They have different hygiene.
(c) They solve problems differently.
(d) They have different schedules.
8. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(b) He publishes a newspaper article.
(c) He electrocutes birds.
(d) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
9. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
(a) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(b) Robert Browning.
(c) Herman Melville.
(d) Mark Twain.
10. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
(a) He feels nothing for him.
(b) He detests him.
(c) He feels sorry for him.
(d) He worships him.
11. Why are balloons ordered?
(a) For the enjoyment of local children.
(b) To celebrate the completion of an experiment.
(c) To anchor the equipment.
(d) To hoist stationary antennae into the air.
12. With what planet does Nikola Tesla say communication can be made?
13. For what patent does Nikola Tesla file in 1898?
(a) An alternating current engine for an automobile.
(b) Radio remote control for use in his laboratory.
(c) Radio remote control for use in guided vehicles.
(d) Radio transistors.
14. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to a celebration at the Waldorf in 1898?
(a) The Westinghouses.
(b) The Johnsons.
(c) The Edisons.
15. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
(b) Next to the switch.
(c) In the doorway of the laboratory.
(d) A chair in the middle of the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
2. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
3. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
4. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
5. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)