|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla believe is the greatest benefit of robots?
(a) Service to the military.
(b) Service to boats.
(c) Service to traffic.
(d) Service to humanity.
2. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
3. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Vladimir Zworykin.
(b) Henri Becquerel.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Irene Curie.
4. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
5. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet six inches.
(b) Six feet four inches.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Five feet two inches.
6. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) George Westinghouse.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) J. Pierpont Morgan.
7. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
8. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(b) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(c) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(d) He publishes articles in magazines.
9. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Tear it up.
(b) Split it.
(c) Double the value.
(d) Sell it.
10. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
11. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(b) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(c) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(d) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
12. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
13. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) Vacation days.
(b) A $10/week raise.
(c) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
(d) A $50,000 bonus.
14. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) Fluorescent bulb system.
(b) Voltage system.
(c) Polyphase system.
(d) DC system.
15. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
2. What is Nikola Tesla's first two-way radio controlled object?
3. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
4. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
5. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)