|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what is the invention that most fascinates Nikola Tesla followers?
(a) The transmitter.
(b) The valve.
(c) The remote controlled ship.
(d) The Copper Button Lamp.
2. Who contributed $30,000 toward the building of the new research station?
(a) Leonard Curtis.
(b) Simpson and Crawford.
(c) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(d) John Jacob Astor.
3. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Direct current.
(b) Indirect current.
(c) Alternating current.
(d) Hydroelectric current.
4. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He publishes articles in magazines.
(b) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(c) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(d) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
5. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
(a) Stationary pulses.
(b) Stationary waves.
(c) Remote electricity.
(d) Nuclear power.
6. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
(a) The fluorescent light bulb.
(b) The vacuum tube.
(c) The x-ray.
(d) The radio.
7. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
8. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
9. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) His dynamos.
(b) The electric light bulb.
(c) Electrical systems for ships.
(d) His direct current laboratory.
10. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
(a) A vacuum engine.
(b) A solar engine.
(c) A steam driven engine.
(d) A water engine.
11. Why does Nikola Tesla choose room 207 at the Alta Vista Hotel?
(a) The number 207 reminds him of his mother.
(b) The number 207 is divisible by three and one flight up.
(c) It is the only room available.
(d) It has a window.
12. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(b) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(c) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(d) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
13. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
(a) Electrical lines are strung over the falls.
(b) George Westinghouse begins a new company.
(c) GE delivers electricity first.
(d) Westinghouse is ready to deliver 15,000 horsepower of electricity.
14. What is Nikola Tesla's first two-way radio controlled object?
15. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
(a) Radio waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
2. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
3. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
4. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
5. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)