|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
(a) He is burned.
(b) He loses consciousness.
(c) He is fine.
(d) He shudders.
2. How does Nikola Tesla sometimes feel because he has not married?
3. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) Voltage system.
(b) Polyphase system.
(c) Fluorescent bulb system.
(d) DC system.
4. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
(b) It knocks the generator off line and makes it burn.
(c) It discharges and quits.
(d) It restores the generator to the line.
5. When does Nikola Tesla perform a major experiment in his Colorado Springs laboratory?
(a) August 5, 1899.
(b) September 1, 1899.
(c) June 27, 1899.
(d) July 3, 1899.
6. In what field does Nikola Tesla pioneer inventions while the Nobel Prize goes to three others?
(a) Wireless technology.
(b) The radio.
(c) The transistor.
7. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
8. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
(a) He is a virgin.
(b) He is passive aggressive.
(c) He is bipolar.
(d) He is a homosexual.
9. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
(a) To London.
(b) To Munich.
(c) To Paris.
(d) To America.
10. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
(b) New York.
11. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
(a) The Robert Underwood Johnsons.
(b) The Thomas Commerfod Martins.
(c) The George Westinghouses.
(d) The Thomas Edisons.
12. What happens to horses when Nikola Tesla is running his Colorado Springs experiments?
(a) They go berserk, feeling shocks through their metal shoes.
(b) They starve.
(c) They die.
(d) They return to the barn.
13. In Chapter 13, what is the invention that most fascinates Nikola Tesla followers?
(a) The Copper Button Lamp.
(b) The remote controlled ship.
(c) The valve.
(d) The transmitter.
14. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) William K. Vanderbuilt.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Marguerite Merrington.
15. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(b) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(c) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(d) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
Short Answer Questions
1. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
2. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
3. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
4. What is the Tesla coil?
5. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)