|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Diamond-button lamp.
(b) Carbon-button lamp.
(c) Ruby-button lamp.
(d) Zirconia-button lamp.
2. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
(b) Vacation days.
(c) A $50,000 bonus.
(d) A $10/week raise.
3. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
4. In Chapter 13, what is the invention that most fascinates Nikola Tesla followers?
(a) The transmitter.
(b) The remote controlled ship.
(c) The valve.
(d) The Copper Button Lamp.
5. What is the Tesla coil?
(a) A radio wave.
(b) A high frequency transmitter.
(c) A vacuum tube.
(d) An electromagnetic force.
6. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
(a) The United States Congress.
(b) The International Congress.
(c) The engineers at the Chicago World's Fair.
(d) The Electrical Congress.
7. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They have different schedules.
(b) They have different religious beliefs.
(c) They have different hygiene.
(d) They solve problems differently.
8. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
(a) Oils it.
(b) Smashes it.
(c) Turns it up.
(d) Turns it off.
9. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
(a) He is a homosexual.
(b) He is passive aggressive.
(c) He is a virgin.
(d) He is bipolar.
10. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Five feet two inches.
(b) Six feet four inches.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Six feet six inches.
11. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
(a) George Westinghouse begins a new company.
(b) Electrical lines are strung over the falls.
(c) Westinghouse is ready to deliver 15,000 horsepower of electricity.
(d) GE delivers electricity first.
12. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
(a) J. Pierpont Morgan.
(b) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) George Westinghouse.
13. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
(b) In the doorway of the laboratory.
(c) Next to the switch.
(d) A chair in the middle of the room.
14. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
15. Where is the Palm Room?
(a) In the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
(b) In the Plaza Hotel.
(c) In the Waldorf Astoria Hotel.
(d) In the St. Regis Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
2. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
3. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
4. In what year does the Tesla Electric Company open?
5. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)