|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what planet does Nikola Tesla say communication can be made?
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
(a) New York.
3. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) The Chicago World's Fair.
(b) A scientists' meeting in London.
(c) The World Congress.
(d) A bad radio experiment.
4. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(b) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
(c) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(d) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
5. In what field does Nikola Tesla pioneer inventions while the Nobel Prize goes to three others?
(a) Wireless technology.
(b) The transistor.
(d) The radio.
6. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Dr. B.A. Behrend.
(c) George Westinghouse.
(d) Thomas Edison.
7. Why does Nikola Tesla choose room 207 at the Alta Vista Hotel?
(a) It is the only room available.
(b) The number 207 is divisible by three and one flight up.
(c) The number 207 reminds him of his mother.
(d) It has a window.
8. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
(a) Visiting his mother's grave.
(b) Touring Zagreb.
(c) Doing research in Budapest.
(d) Roaming in his native mountains.
9. What is Nikola Tesla's first two-way radio controlled object?
10. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Electrical Times.
(c) The Electrical Review.
(d) The Wall Street Journal.
11. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
12. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(a) Social studies.
13. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(b) He publishes a newspaper article.
(c) He electrocutes birds.
(d) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
14. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
15. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
2. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
3. Where is the Palm Room?
4. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
5. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)