|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(b) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(c) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(d) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
2. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) Electrical systems for ships.
(b) His direct current laboratory.
(c) His dynamos.
(d) The electric light bulb.
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
4. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Five feet two inches.
(c) Six feet six inches.
(d) Six feet four inches.
5. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
(a) It catches fire.
(b) It is raided by police.
(c) It is made larger.
(d) It is robbed.
6. Who contributed $30,000 toward the building of the new research station?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) Simpson and Crawford.
(c) Leonard Curtis.
(d) John Jacob Astor.
7. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
(a) He is a homosexual.
(b) He is passive aggressive.
(c) He is bipolar.
(d) He is a virgin.
8. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
(b) In the doorway of the laboratory.
(c) A chair in the middle of the room.
(d) Next to the switch.
9. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Marguerite Merington.
(b) Ann Morgan.
(c) Nellie Melba.
(d) Katherine Johnson.
10. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
(a) D. McFarlan Moore.
(b) Gano Dunn.
(c) Leland Anderson.
(d) Louis Cohen.
11. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
(a) The International Congress.
(b) The Electrical Congress.
(c) The engineers at the Chicago World's Fair.
(d) The United States Congress.
12. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Double the value.
(b) Split it.
(c) Tear it up.
(d) Sell it.
13. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
14. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Travel in Europe.
(b) Invest in other businesses.
(c) Form his own company.
(d) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
15. When does Nikola Tesla perform a major experiment in his Colorado Springs laboratory?
(a) June 27, 1899.
(b) July 3, 1899.
(c) September 1, 1899.
(d) August 5, 1899.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
2. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
3. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
4. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
5. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)