|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
2. In what year does the Tesla Electric Company open?
3. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
4. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
(a) The International Congress.
(b) The United States Congress.
(c) The engineers at the Chicago World's Fair.
(d) The Electrical Congress.
5. What happens to horses when Nikola Tesla is running his Colorado Springs experiments?
(a) They return to the barn.
(b) They go berserk, feeling shocks through their metal shoes.
(c) They die.
(d) They starve.
6. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
7. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
(a) A chair in the middle of the room.
(b) Next to the switch.
(c) In the doorway of the laboratory.
8. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Double the value.
(b) Tear it up.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Split it.
9. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
(a) It is robbed.
(b) It catches fire.
(c) It is made larger.
(d) It is raided by police.
10. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
11. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
(a) Nuclear fission.
12. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
13. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
(a) Nuclear power.
(b) Stationary waves.
(c) Stationary pulses.
(d) Remote electricity.
14. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
(a) He detests him.
(b) He feels sorry for him.
(c) He worships him.
(d) He feels nothing for him.
15. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
(a) To America.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To Munich.
(d) To London.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
2. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
3. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
4. With what planet does Nikola Tesla say communication can be made?
5. When does Nikola Tesla perform a major experiment in his Colorado Springs laboratory?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)