|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) DC system.
(b) Polyphase system.
(c) Fluorescent bulb system.
(d) Voltage system.
2. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet six inches.
(b) Six feet four inches.
(c) Five feet two inches.
(d) Six feet.
3. Why are balloons ordered?
(a) To hoist stationary antennae into the air.
(b) For the enjoyment of local children.
(c) To celebrate the completion of an experiment.
(d) To anchor the equipment.
4. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
5. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
(a) It is made larger.
(b) It is raided by police.
(c) It catches fire.
(d) It is robbed.
6. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
7. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
(a) He is a virgin.
(b) He is a homosexual.
(c) He is passive aggressive.
(d) He is bipolar.
8. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Carbon-button lamp.
(b) Zirconia-button lamp.
(c) Ruby-button lamp.
(d) Diamond-button lamp.
9. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He improves direct current.
(b) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(c) He invents new types of light bulbs.
(d) He improves Edison's laboratory.
10. What happens to horses when Nikola Tesla is running his Colorado Springs experiments?
(a) They starve.
(b) They go berserk, feeling shocks through their metal shoes.
(c) They die.
(d) They return to the barn.
11. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
12. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
(a) The Robert Underwood Johnsons.
(b) The Thomas Edisons.
(c) The George Westinghouses.
(d) The Thomas Commerfod Martins.
13. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) J. Pierpont Morgan.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) George Westinghouse.
14. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(b) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(c) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(d) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
15. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
(a) Stationary waves.
(b) Remote electricity.
(c) Stationary pulses.
(d) Nuclear power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
2. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
3. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
4. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
5. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)