|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(c) London, England.
(d) Paris, France.
2. Where is the Palm Room?
(a) In the Waldorf Astoria Hotel.
(b) In the Plaza Hotel.
(c) In the St. Regis Hotel.
(d) In the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
3. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
4. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Five feet two inches.
(c) Six feet four inches.
(d) Six feet six inches.
5. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
(b) Form his own company.
(c) Travel in Europe.
(d) Invest in other businesses.
6. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
(a) The Thomas Edisons.
(b) The George Westinghouses.
(c) The Thomas Commerfod Martins.
(d) The Robert Underwood Johnsons.
7. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
(a) William K. Vanderbuilt.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Marguerite Merrington.
(d) Robert Underwood Johnson.
8. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
(a) The official asks for more research.
(b) The official accepts the research.
(c) The official laughs at Nikola Tesla.
(d) The official tells him someone already approached the government.
9. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
(a) Nuclear power.
(b) Remote electricity.
(c) Stationary waves.
(d) Stationary pulses.
10. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
11. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) His dynamos.
(b) His direct current laboratory.
(c) Electrical systems for ships.
(d) The electric light bulb.
12. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
13. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
(a) George Westinghouse.
(b) Dr. B.A. Behrend.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Thomas Edison.
14. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(b) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(c) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(d) He publishes articles in magazines.
15. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
(a) He is fine.
(b) He is burned.
(c) He shudders.
(d) He loses consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
2. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
3. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
4. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
5. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)