|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 5, Remnants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
(a) The Hamptons.
(d) Oyster Point.
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla turn 80?
3. For what purpose does Nikola Tesla propose the use of radar?
(a) To locate a hidden submarine.
(b) To monitor automobile traffic.
(c) To pinpoint where airplanes are in the sky.
(d) To set a sighting on a ship.
4. How does Nikola Tesla have photographs produced of the Colorado Springs lightning experiment?
(a) Using time exposures.
(b) Using plates.
(c) Using negatives.
(d) Using artistic enhancement.
5. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
(a) He feels sorry for him.
(b) He worships him.
(c) He feels nothing for him.
(d) He detests him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
2. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
3. Why are balloons ordered?
4. Who broadcasts voice and music programs in 1906 and 1907 based on Nikola Tesla's radio design and principles?
5. Despite the fact that Nikola Tesla inspires the science of radar, in what year is Robert A. Watson-Watt officially credited with the invention?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)