|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 5, Remnants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
(a) It is too large.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is difficult to adjust.
2. In what year is Yugoslavia formed?
3. Despite the fact that Nikola Tesla inspires the science of radar, in what year is Robert A. Watson-Watt officially credited with the invention?
4. After J. Pierpont Morgan dies in 1913, from whom does Nikola Tesla try to get investment funding?
(b) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(c) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(d) J. P. Morgan.
5. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
2. Who uses Nikola Tesla's 1900 radio patent to signal the letter "S" across the Atlantic ocean?
3. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
4. What U.S. national laboratory pays homage to Nikola Tesla in 1978?
5. Where is the National Research Council formed?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)