|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 5, Remnants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is writer Kenneth M. Swezey when he arrives in New York City?
2. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
3. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) Fluorescent bulb system.
(b) DC system.
(c) Polyphase system.
(d) Voltage system.
4. What Supreme Court decision about Nikola Tesla's invention eight months after his death vindicates him?
(a) He is credited with the invention of artificial lightning.
(b) He is credited with the invention of radio.
(c) He is credited with the invention of submarines.
(d) He is credited with the invention of nuclear power.
5. In what year does the Tesla Electric Company open?
Short Answer Questions
1. At how many revolutions per minute does the Tesla turbine run?
2. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
3. In what year does the U.S. Supreme Court strike down the Marconi Company patents for the invention of radio?
4. How does Nikola Tesla have photographs produced of the Colorado Springs lightning experiment?
5. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)