|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 5, Remnants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what invention is the 1915 Nobel Prize in Physics given?
(a) The invention of radio.
(b) The copper button lamp.
(c) The creation of man-made lightning.
(d) The use of X-rays to determine the structure of crystals.
2. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
(a) The Wall Street Journal.
(b) The Electrical Times.
(c) The Electrical Review.
(d) The New York Times.
3. Where does Nikola Tesla maintain a laboratory for turbine work?
(a) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Newark, New Jersey.
4. How old is writer Kenneth M. Swezey when he arrives in New York City?
5. in 1902, what engineer supports the work Nikola Tesla is doing?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Julian Hawthorne.
(c) Lord Kelvin.
(d) Fritz Lowenstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
2. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
3. In 1906, what type of model does Nikola Tesla build?
4. What U.S. national laboratory pays homage to Nikola Tesla in 1978?
5. Why does Nikola Tesla wish to reject the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)