|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 5, Remnants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine carries two of Nikola Tesla's designs: extracting electricity from seawater and plans for a geothermal steam plant?
(a) Everyday Science & Mechanics.
(c) Scientific American.
(d) Popular Science.
2. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
3. What is being manufactured at Wardenclyffe?
(a) Medical coils.
(b) Lightning generators.
(c) Copper button lamps.
4. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
(a) Roaming in his native mountains.
(b) Doing research in Budapest.
(c) Visiting his mother's grave.
(d) Touring Zagreb.
5. Whom does Lt. Hobson try to interest in robotry as a way to raise funds for Nikola Tesla?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Coast Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
2. In 1906, what type of model does Nikola Tesla build?
3. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
4. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
5. Why does Nikola Tesla ignore the NRC mission of finding a way to detect U-Boats?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)