|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 5, Remnants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nikola Tesla spend time feeding pigeons?
(a) Union Square Park.
(b) Bryant Park.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Riverside Drive Park.
2. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
(a) It is made larger.
(b) It is robbed.
(c) It is raided by police.
(d) It catches fire.
3. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) His dynamos.
(b) His direct current laboratory.
(c) Electrical systems for ships.
(d) The electric light bulb.
4. Why are balloons ordered?
(a) For the enjoyment of local children.
(b) To hoist stationary antennae into the air.
(c) To anchor the equipment.
(d) To celebrate the completion of an experiment.
5. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
(a) Oyster Point.
(b) The Hamptons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What U.S. national laboratory pays homage to Nikola Tesla in 1978?
2. What hotel is Nikola Tesla told to vacate in part because of his birds?
3. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
4. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
5. Who arranges a party for Nikola Tesla's 75th birthday in 1931?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)