|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what bird is Nikola Tesla enamored?
(a) Blue jay.
2. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
(a) Less than 20 pounds.
(b) Between 30 and 40 pounds.
(c) Less than 10 pounds.
(d) 30 pounds.
3. What is being manufactured at Wardenclyffe?
(b) Medical coils.
(c) Lightning generators.
(d) Copper button lamps.
4. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
(b) A working model of the incandescent sun.
(c) The light on Mars.
(d) A fluorescent light bulb.
5. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
(a) Turns it off.
(b) Turns it up.
(c) Oils it.
(d) Smashes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nikola Tesla maintain a laboratory for turbine work?
2. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
3. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
4. What is Nikola Tesla's first two-way radio controlled object?
5. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)