|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
(a) Remote electricity.
(b) Stationary pulses.
(c) Nuclear power.
(d) Stationary waves.
2. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) A gas powered motor.
(b) A pulley motor.
(c) An AC motor.
(d) A DC motor.
3. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) His dynamos.
(b) The electric light bulb.
(c) His direct current laboratory.
(d) Electrical systems for ships.
4. Who uses Nikola Tesla's 1900 radio patent to signal the letter "S" across the Atlantic ocean?
5. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He improves Edison's laboratory.
(b) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(c) He improves direct current.
(d) He invents new types of light bulbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nikola Tesla spend time feeding pigeons?
2. In Chapter 13, what is the invention that most fascinates Nikola Tesla followers?
3. in 1902, what engineer supports the work Nikola Tesla is doing?
4. How is Nikola Tesla planning to use the Tesla turbine engine?
5. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)