|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) The Tesla arc lamp.
(b) A new generator.
(c) A DC motor.
(d) A new light bulb.
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
3. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(b) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(c) He electrocutes birds.
(d) He publishes a newspaper article.
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
5. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
(a) He detests him.
(b) He worships him.
(c) He feels sorry for him.
(d) He feels nothing for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
2. What is being manufactured at Wardenclyffe?
3. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
4. With whom does the New York Times suggest that Nikola Tesla will share the 1915 Nobel Prize in physics?
5. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)