|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who contributed $30,000 toward the building of the new research station?
(a) John Jacob Astor.
(b) Leonard Curtis.
(c) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(d) Simpson and Crawford.
2. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
(a) Roaming in his native mountains.
(b) Touring Zagreb.
(c) Doing research in Budapest.
(d) Visiting his mother's grave.
3. Who tries to learn the secret of animosity between Nikola Tesla and professor Pupin?
(b) George Westinghouse.
(c) Dragislav L. Petkovic.
(d) Katherine Johnson.
4. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
(a) He feels sorry for him.
(b) He detests him.
(c) He worships him.
(d) He feels nothing for him.
5. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Nikola Tesla planning to use the Tesla turbine engine?
2. In 1906, what type of model does Nikola Tesla build?
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
4. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
5. For what patent does Nikola Tesla file in 1898?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)