|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the Great Depression begin?
2. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
(a) Roaming in his native mountains.
(b) Visiting his mother's grave.
(c) Doing research in Budapest.
(d) Touring Zagreb.
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
4. Where is the Palm Room?
(a) In the Waldorf Astoria Hotel.
(b) In the Plaza Hotel.
(c) In the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
(d) In the St. Regis Hotel.
5. How does Nikola Tesla have photographs produced of the Colorado Springs lightning experiment?
(a) Using artistic enhancement.
(b) Using plates.
(c) Using negatives.
(d) Using time exposures.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
2. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
3. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
4. What is being manufactured at Wardenclyffe?
5. What is Nikola Tesla's first two-way radio controlled object?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)