|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1915, who builds a radio station for the U.S. Naval Radio Service?
(a) A German firm.
(b) A French firm.
(c) A British firm.
(d) A Serbian firm.
2. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
(a) It restores the generator to the line.
(b) It knocks the generator off line and makes it burn.
(d) It discharges and quits.
3. What is being manufactured at Wardenclyffe?
(b) Copper button lamps.
(c) Medical coils.
(d) Lightning generators.
4. Who broadcasts voice and music programs in 1906 and 1907 based on Nikola Tesla's radio design and principles?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) Reginald A. Fessenden.
(c) William Marconi.
(d) Professor Pupin.
5. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
(a) George Westinghouse.
(b) Dr. B.A. Behrend.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Mark Twain.
Short Answer Questions
1. At how many revolutions per minute does the Tesla turbine run?
2. When does Nikola Tesla perform a major experiment in his Colorado Springs laboratory?
3. Where is the Palm Room?
4. What are the descendants of the Tesla flivver airplane?
5. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)