|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in 1902, what engineer supports the work Nikola Tesla is doing?
(a) Lord Kelvin.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) Julian Hawthorne.
(d) Fritz Lowenstein.
2. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
(a) The official tells him someone already approached the government.
(b) The official asks for more research.
(c) The official laughs at Nikola Tesla.
(d) The official accepts the research.
3. In what year is Yugoslavia formed?
4. In 1906, what type of model does Nikola Tesla build?
(a) A new lightning machine.
(b) A magnesium copper lamp.
(c) A bladeless turbine.
(d) A new AC dynamo.
5. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Alternating current.
(b) Direct current.
(c) Hydroelectric current.
(d) Indirect current.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what bird is Nikola Tesla enamored?
2. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
3. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
4. Who writes letters to Nikola Tesla from around the country, trying to encourage him about better health?
5. At how many revolutions per minute does the Tesla turbine run?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)