|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
(a) The Thomas Edisons.
(b) The Thomas Commerfod Martins.
(c) The George Westinghouses.
(d) The Robert Underwood Johnsons.
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla finally sue Marconi?
3. In what year does the Great Depression begin?
4. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(b) He invents new types of light bulbs.
(c) He improves direct current.
(d) He improves Edison's laboratory.
5. What happens to horses when Nikola Tesla is running his Colorado Springs experiments?
(a) They die.
(b) They starve.
(c) They return to the barn.
(d) They go berserk, feeling shocks through their metal shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what is the invention that most fascinates Nikola Tesla followers?
2. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
3. With what bird is Nikola Tesla enamored?
4. In 1927, who tries to help Nikola Tesla with the promotion of a scientific concept?
5. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)