|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
(b) Oyster Point.
(d) The Hamptons.
2. For what purpose does Nikola Tesla propose the use of radar?
(a) To pinpoint where airplanes are in the sky.
(b) To locate a hidden submarine.
(c) To monitor automobile traffic.
(d) To set a sighting on a ship.
3. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla file a patent to describe the supercooling of conductors to appreciably lower resistance?
5. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
2. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
3. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
4. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
5. Where does Nikola Tesla go to create new inventions right after the Edison Medal event?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)