|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is writer Kenneth M. Swezey when he arrives in New York City?
2. What is the Tesla coil?
(a) A high frequency transmitter.
(b) A vacuum tube.
(c) An electromagnetic force.
(d) A radio wave.
3. To which fellow New Yorker does Nikola Tesla pay back old debts?
(a) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(b) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(c) George Westinghouse.
(d) Thomas Edison.
4. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
5. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
(a) Doing research in Budapest.
(b) Touring Zagreb.
(c) Roaming in his native mountains.
(d) Visiting his mother's grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
2. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
3. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
4. Why are balloons ordered?
5. Who backs out of his commitment for further investment in Wardenclyffe?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)