|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
(a) It is too small.
(b) It is difficult to adjust.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is too large.
2. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
3. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(b) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
(c) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(d) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
4. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(c) Social studies.
5. Where does Nikola Tesla go to create new inventions right after the Edison Medal event?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
2. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
3. Whom does Lt. Hobson try to interest in robotry as a way to raise funds for Nikola Tesla?
4. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
5. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)