|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Split it.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Tear it up.
(d) Double the value.
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
3. Where is the National Research Council formed?
(c) New York City.
(d) Washington, DC.
4. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Henri Becquerel.
(b) Irene Curie.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Vladimir Zworykin.
5. Who asks Nikola Tesla to accept the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
(a) B. A. Behrend.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) George Westinghouse.
(d) Robert Underwood Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to patents filed by Nikola Tesla in 1922?
2. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
3. For what invention is the 1915 Nobel Prize in Physics given?
4. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
5. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)