|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
(a) He shudders.
(b) He is burned.
(c) He is fine.
(d) He loses consciousness.
2. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(b) He improves Edison's laboratory.
(c) He improves direct current.
(d) He invents new types of light bulbs.
3. At how many revolutions per minute does the Tesla turbine run?
(a) 30,000 RPM.
(b) 40,000 RPM.
(c) 37,500 RPM.
(d) 35,000 RPM.
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
5. Who contributed $30,000 toward the building of the new research station?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) John Jacob Astor.
(c) Simpson and Crawford.
(d) Leonard Curtis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who broadcasts voice and music programs in 1906 and 1907 based on Nikola Tesla's radio design and principles?
2. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
3. Where is the National Research Council formed?
4. After J. Pierpont Morgan dies in 1913, from whom does Nikola Tesla try to get investment funding?
5. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)