|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1927, who tries to help Nikola Tesla with the promotion of a scientific concept?
(a) Francis A. Fitzgerald.
(b) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(c) Robert Underwood Johnson.
2. What happens to patents filed by Nikola Tesla in 1922?
(a) They are used in his current invention projects.
(b) They are stolen by competitors.
(c) They are all completed.
(d) They enter the common domain because they are not completed.
3. Why are balloons ordered?
(a) To celebrate the completion of an experiment.
(b) To hoist stationary antennae into the air.
(c) For the enjoyment of local children.
(d) To anchor the equipment.
4. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) His direct current laboratory.
(b) The electric light bulb.
(c) Electrical systems for ships.
(d) His dynamos.
5. Who uses Nikola Tesla's 1900 radio patent to signal the letter "S" across the Atlantic ocean?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
2. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
3. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
4. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
5. With what planet does Nikola Tesla say communication can be made?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)