|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 6, Nobel Stove.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At how many revolutions per minute does the Tesla turbine run?
(a) 37,500 RPM.
(b) 35,000 RPM.
(c) 40,000 RPM.
(d) 30,000 RPM.
2. For what patent does Nikola Tesla file in 1898?
(a) An alternating current engine for an automobile.
(b) Radio remote control for use in his laboratory.
(c) Radio transistors.
(d) Radio remote control for use in guided vehicles.
3. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(b) London, England.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Paris, France.
4. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
(a) Less than 10 pounds.
(b) 30 pounds.
(c) Less than 20 pounds.
(d) Between 30 and 40 pounds.
5. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
(a) D. McFarlan Moore.
(b) Louis Cohen.
(c) Gano Dunn.
(d) Leland Anderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
2. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
3. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
4. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
5. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)