|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 6, Nobel Stove.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the descendants of the Tesla flivver airplane?
(c) Vertical Takeoff and Landing craft.
2. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Split it.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Double the value.
(d) Tear it up.
3. What is the Tesla coil?
(a) An electromagnetic force.
(b) A vacuum tube.
(c) A high frequency transmitter.
(d) A radio wave.
4. What happens to horses when Nikola Tesla is running his Colorado Springs experiments?
(a) They die.
(b) They return to the barn.
(c) They go berserk, feeling shocks through their metal shoes.
(d) They starve.
5. At how many revolutions per minute does the Tesla turbine run?
(a) 40,000 RPM.
(b) 37,500 RPM.
(c) 35,000 RPM.
(d) 30,000 RPM.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is Yugoslavia formed?
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
3. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
4. How does Nikola Tesla have photographs produced of the Colorado Springs lightning experiment?
5. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)