|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 6, Nobel Stove.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Nikola Tesla call Marconi?
2. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
(a) It knocks the generator off line and makes it burn.
(c) It discharges and quits.
(d) It restores the generator to the line.
3. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He electrocutes birds.
(b) He publishes a newspaper article.
(c) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(d) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
4. With what planet does Nikola Tesla say communication can be made?
5. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
2. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
3. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
4. For what invention is the 1915 Nobel Prize in Physics given?
5. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)