|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 6, Nobel Stove.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1915, who builds a radio station for the U.S. Naval Radio Service?
(a) A German firm.
(b) A Serbian firm.
(c) A French firm.
(d) A British firm.
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
3. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) The World Congress.
(b) A bad radio experiment.
(c) A scientists' meeting in London.
(d) The Chicago World's Fair.
4. In what year does the U.S. Supreme Court strike down the Marconi Company patents for the invention of radio?
5. How many volts are Nikola Tesla's coils producing when he asks Leonard Curtis to find him a new laboratory?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
2. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
3. Besides being an inventor, for what other role is Nikola Tesla known?
4. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
5. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)