|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 6, Nobel Stove.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Nikola Tesla call Marconi?
2. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
(b) Colorado Springs.
3. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
(a) D. McFarlan Moore.
(b) Louis Cohen.
(c) Gano Dunn.
(d) Leland Anderson.
4. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Direct current.
(b) Indirect current.
(c) Alternating current.
(d) Hydroelectric current.
5. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Tesla coil?
2. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
3. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
4. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
5. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)