|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 6, Nobel Stove.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) His dynamos.
(b) The electric light bulb.
(c) Electrical systems for ships.
(d) His direct current laboratory.
2. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) Polyphase system.
(b) Voltage system.
(c) Fluorescent bulb system.
(d) DC system.
3. For what patent does Nikola Tesla file in 1898?
(a) Radio remote control for use in guided vehicles.
(b) An alternating current engine for an automobile.
(c) Radio remote control for use in his laboratory.
(d) Radio transistors.
4. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
(a) A solar engine.
(b) A water engine.
(c) A vacuum engine.
(d) A steam driven engine.
5. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
(a) The engineers at the Chicago World's Fair.
(b) The International Congress.
(c) The United States Congress.
(d) The Electrical Congress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
2. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
3. Where are the plans for Nikola Tesla's "aeromobile"?
4. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
5. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)