|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 6, Nobel Stove.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Nikola Tesla call Marconi?
2. How is Nikola Tesla planning to use the Tesla turbine engine?
(a) In a box-like flivver airplane.
(b) For radio broadcasting.
(c) To generate electricity.
(d) To create man-made lightning.
3. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
(b) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(c) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(d) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
4. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) London, England.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
5. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Ann Morgan.
(b) Nellie Melba.
(c) Katherine Johnson.
(d) Marguerite Merington.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what field does Nikola Tesla pioneer inventions while the Nobel Prize goes to three others?
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
3. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
4. Whom does Lt. Hobson try to interest in robotry as a way to raise funds for Nikola Tesla?
5. In what year does Nikola Tesla finally sue Marconi?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)