|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 6, Nobel Stove.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
2. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
(a) He is fine.
(b) He is burned.
(c) He shudders.
(d) He loses consciousness.
3. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
(a) The Palms.
(b) The Players' Club.
(c) The Russian Tea Room.
(d) The Regency Room.
4. What is the location of the tower that Nikola Tesla builds for his experiment on Long Island?
(b) The Hamptons.
(d) Oyster Point.
5. How does Nikola Tesla have photographs produced of the Colorado Springs lightning experiment?
(a) Using negatives.
(b) Using artistic enhancement.
(c) Using time exposures.
(d) Using plates.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what planet does Nikola Tesla say communication can be made?
2. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
3. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
4. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
5. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)