|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 6, Nobel Stove.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being manufactured at Wardenclyffe?
(b) Lightning generators.
(c) Copper button lamps.
(d) Medical coils.
2. With what planet does Nikola Tesla say communication can be made?
3. What is the Tesla coil?
(a) A vacuum tube.
(b) An electromagnetic force.
(c) A high frequency transmitter.
(d) A radio wave.
4. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
(a) A chair in the middle of the room.
(c) Next to the switch.
(d) In the doorway of the laboratory.
5. With whom does the New York Times suggest that Nikola Tesla will share the 1915 Nobel Prize in physics?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) George Westinghouse.
(c) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
2. Who funds Nikola Tesla's big Long Island experiment?
3. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
4. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
5. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)