|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 6, Nobel Stove.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Tesla coil?
(a) A vacuum tube.
(b) An electromagnetic force.
(c) A radio wave.
(d) A high frequency transmitter.
2. How many volts are Nikola Tesla's coils producing when he asks Leonard Curtis to find him a new laboratory?
3. Who broadcasts voice and music programs in 1906 and 1907 based on Nikola Tesla's radio design and principles?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) William Marconi.
(c) Professor Pupin.
(d) Reginald A. Fessenden.
4. Who writes letters to Nikola Tesla from around the country, trying to encourage him about better health?
(a) Katherine Johnson.
(b) Lt. Hobson.
(c) George Westinghouse.
5. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
(a) 30 pounds.
(b) Less than 20 pounds.
(c) Between 30 and 40 pounds.
(d) Less than 10 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
2. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
3. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
4. When does Nikola Tesla perform a major experiment in his Colorado Springs laboratory?
5. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)