|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 6, Nobel Stove.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Nikola Tesla planning to use the Tesla turbine engine?
(a) For radio broadcasting.
(b) In a box-like flivver airplane.
(c) To generate electricity.
(d) To create man-made lightning.
2. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
(a) A vacuum engine.
(b) A steam driven engine.
(c) A water engine.
(d) A solar engine.
3. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Irene Curie.
(c) Henri Becquerel.
(d) Vladimir Zworykin.
4. In what year is the Wardenclyffe tower blown up?
5. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
(a) Cylindrical coil.
(b) Linear coil.
(c) Spherical coil.
(d) Conical coil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
3. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
4. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
5. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)