|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
2. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet six inches.
(b) Five feet two inches.
(c) Six feet four inches.
(d) Six feet.
3. For what patent does Nikola Tesla file in 1898?
(a) Radio remote control for use in his laboratory.
(b) Radio remote control for use in guided vehicles.
(c) An alternating current engine for an automobile.
(d) Radio transistors.
4. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
(a) Doing research in Budapest.
(b) Roaming in his native mountains.
(c) Touring Zagreb.
(d) Visiting his mother's grave.
5. How many volts are Nikola Tesla's coils producing when he asks Leonard Curtis to find him a new laboratory?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
2. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
3. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
4. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
5. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)