|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
(a) The official laughs at Nikola Tesla.
(b) The official accepts the research.
(c) The official asks for more research.
(d) The official tells him someone already approached the government.
2. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
(a) The Robert Underwood Johnsons.
(b) The Thomas Edisons.
(c) The Thomas Commerfod Martins.
(d) The George Westinghouses.
3. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) A $10/week raise.
(b) A $50,000 bonus.
(c) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
(d) Vacation days.
4. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
(a) Nuclear power.
(b) Remote electricity.
(c) Stationary waves.
(d) Stationary pulses.
5. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
(a) It is too expensive.
(b) It is difficult to adjust.
(c) It is too small.
(d) It is too large.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
2. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
3. In Chapter 13, what is the invention that most fascinates Nikola Tesla followers?
4. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
5. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)