|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Zirconia-button lamp.
(b) Ruby-button lamp.
(c) Diamond-button lamp.
(d) Carbon-button lamp.
2. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
3. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
(a) The International Congress.
(b) The engineers at the Chicago World's Fair.
(c) The United States Congress.
(d) The Electrical Congress.
4. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
(a) The official tells him someone already approached the government.
(b) The official asks for more research.
(c) The official accepts the research.
(d) The official laughs at Nikola Tesla.
5. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Split it.
(c) Tear it up.
(d) Double the value.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
2. With what planet does Nikola Tesla say communication can be made?
3. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
4. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
5. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)