|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
(a) The Electrical Congress.
(b) The engineers at the Chicago World's Fair.
(c) The International Congress.
(d) The United States Congress.
2. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Marguerite Merrington.
(c) William K. Vanderbuilt.
(d) Robert Underwood Johnson.
3. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Katherine Johnson.
(b) Nellie Melba.
(c) Marguerite Merington.
(d) Ann Morgan.
4. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Henri Becquerel.
(c) Vladimir Zworykin.
(d) Irene Curie.
5. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
(a) Colorado Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
2. For what patent does Nikola Tesla file in 1898?
3. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
4. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
5. How many volts are Nikola Tesla's coils producing when he asks Leonard Curtis to find him a new laboratory?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)