|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
(a) Touring Zagreb.
(b) Doing research in Budapest.
(c) Visiting his mother's grave.
(d) Roaming in his native mountains.
2. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) Electrical systems for ships.
(b) His dynamos.
(c) His direct current laboratory.
(d) The electric light bulb.
3. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He publishes a newspaper article.
(b) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(c) He electrocutes birds.
(d) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
4. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
(a) GE delivers electricity first.
(b) Electrical lines are strung over the falls.
(c) Westinghouse is ready to deliver 15,000 horsepower of electricity.
(d) George Westinghouse begins a new company.
5. Why does Nikola Tesla choose room 207 at the Alta Vista Hotel?
(a) The number 207 reminds him of his mother.
(b) The number 207 is divisible by three and one flight up.
(c) It has a window.
(d) It is the only room available.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
2. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
3. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
4. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
5. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)