|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
2. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He publishes articles in magazines.
(b) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(c) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(d) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
3. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
(a) Radio wave.
4. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
(d) Radio waves.
5. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
(a) Doing research in Budapest.
(b) Roaming in his native mountains.
(c) Touring Zagreb.
(d) Visiting his mother's grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
3. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
4. Where is the Palm Room?
5. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)