|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(b) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(c) He publishes articles in magazines.
(d) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
2. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) London, England.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(d) Washington, D.C.
3. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
(a) To London.
(b) To Munich.
(c) To Paris.
(d) To America.
4. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
(a) It is too large.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) It is difficult to adjust.
(d) It is too small.
5. In what year does the Tesla Electric Company open?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
2. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
3. Why does Nikola Tesla choose room 207 at the Alta Vista Hotel?
4. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
5. What happens to horses when Nikola Tesla is running his Colorado Springs experiments?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)