|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Zirconia-button lamp.
(b) Ruby-button lamp.
(c) Carbon-button lamp.
(d) Diamond-button lamp.
2. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
(a) A working model of the incandescent sun.
(b) The light on Mars.
(d) A fluorescent light bulb.
3. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
(a) George Westinghouse.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Dr. B.A. Behrend.
4. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Travel in Europe.
(b) Invest in other businesses.
(c) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
(d) Form his own company.
5. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
(d) Colorado Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
2. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
3. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
4. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
5. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)