|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
2. Who contributed $30,000 toward the building of the new research station?
(a) John Jacob Astor.
(b) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(c) Leonard Curtis.
(d) Simpson and Crawford.
3. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
4. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
(d) Radio wave.
5. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
(a) A solar engine.
(b) A steam driven engine.
(c) A water engine.
(d) A vacuum engine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
2. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
3. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
4. Why are balloons ordered?
5. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)