|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nikola Tesla choose room 207 at the Alta Vista Hotel?
(a) The number 207 is divisible by three and one flight up.
(b) It has a window.
(c) It is the only room available.
(d) The number 207 reminds him of his mother.
2. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Indirect current.
(b) Hydroelectric current.
(c) Direct current.
(d) Alternating current.
3. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(b) He publishes articles in magazines.
(c) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(d) He sends out letters to the scientists.
4. How many volts are Nikola Tesla's coils producing when he asks Leonard Curtis to find him a new laboratory?
5. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
2. In Chapter 13, what is the invention that most fascinates Nikola Tesla followers?
3. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
4. When does Nikola Tesla perform a major experiment in his Colorado Springs laboratory?
5. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)