|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
(a) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(b) Herman Melville.
(c) Robert Browning.
(d) Mark Twain.
2. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
(a) The radio.
(b) The vacuum tube.
(c) The fluorescent light bulb.
(d) The x-ray.
3. How does Nikola Tesla sometimes feel because he has not married?
4. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
(a) J. Pierpont Morgan.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) George Westinghouse.
(d) Robert Underwood Johnson.
5. With what planet does Nikola Tesla say communication can be made?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
2. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
3. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
4. For what patent does Nikola Tesla file in 1898?
5. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)