|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Tesla coil?
(a) An electromagnetic force.
(b) A vacuum tube.
(c) A radio wave.
(d) A high frequency transmitter.
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
3. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
4. What happens to horses when Nikola Tesla is running his Colorado Springs experiments?
(a) They return to the barn.
(b) They die.
(c) They go berserk, feeling shocks through their metal shoes.
(d) They starve.
5. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) George Westinghouse.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) J. Pierpont Morgan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
2. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
3. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
4. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
5. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)