|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) A $10/week raise.
(b) Vacation days.
(c) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
(d) A $50,000 bonus.
2. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
3. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
4. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
(a) Herman Melville.
(b) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) Robert Browning.
(d) Mark Twain.
5. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to a celebration at the Waldorf in 1898?
(a) The Westinghouses.
(b) The Edisons.
(d) The Johnsons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
2. Why does Nikola Tesla choose room 207 at the Alta Vista Hotel?
3. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
4. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
5. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)