|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
2. Who contributed $30,000 toward the building of the new research station?
(a) John Jacob Astor.
(b) Leonard Curtis.
(c) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(d) Simpson and Crawford.
3. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
4. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
5. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) Polyphase system.
(b) DC system.
(c) Voltage system.
(d) Fluorescent bulb system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
2. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
3. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
4. What does Nikola Tesla believe is the greatest benefit of robots?
5. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)