|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) Marguerite Merrington.
(c) William K. Vanderbuilt.
(d) Mark Twain.
2. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
3. Why are balloons ordered?
(a) To anchor the equipment.
(b) To hoist stationary antennae into the air.
(c) For the enjoyment of local children.
(d) To celebrate the completion of an experiment.
4. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
5. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
(a) George Westinghouse.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(d) J. Pierpont Morgan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
2. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
4. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
5. What is Nikola Tesla's first two-way radio controlled object?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)