|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
2. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Alternating current.
(b) Hydroelectric current.
(c) Direct current.
(d) Indirect current.
3. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(b) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(c) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
(d) He meets with George Westinghouse.
4. With what planet does Nikola Tesla say communication can be made?
5. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet four inches.
(b) Five feet two inches.
(c) Six feet six inches.
(d) Six feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
2. In what field does Nikola Tesla pioneer inventions while the Nobel Prize goes to three others?
3. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
4. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
5. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)