|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
2. In Chapter 13, what is the invention that most fascinates Nikola Tesla followers?
(a) The remote controlled ship.
(b) The Copper Button Lamp.
(c) The transmitter.
(d) The valve.
3. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
(a) Turns it up.
(b) Turns it off.
(c) Oils it.
(d) Smashes it.
4. What is Nikola Tesla's first two-way radio controlled object?
5. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
2. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
3. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
4. Who contributed $30,000 toward the building of the new research station?
5. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)