|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
2. In what year does the Tesla Electric Company open?
3. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
(a) Electrical lines are strung over the falls.
(b) GE delivers electricity first.
(c) Westinghouse is ready to deliver 15,000 horsepower of electricity.
(d) George Westinghouse begins a new company.
4. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
(a) Herman Melville.
(b) Robert Browning.
(c) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(d) Mark Twain.
5. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
2. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
3. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
4. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
5. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)