|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
2. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
(b) A chair in the middle of the room.
(c) In the doorway of the laboratory.
(d) Next to the switch.
3. What happens to horses when Nikola Tesla is running his Colorado Springs experiments?
(a) They die.
(b) They return to the barn.
(c) They go berserk, feeling shocks through their metal shoes.
(d) They starve.
4. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
(b) It knocks the generator off line and makes it burn.
(c) It restores the generator to the line.
(d) It discharges and quits.
5. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
(b) Colorado Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
2. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
3. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
4. Where is the Palm Room?
5. How does Nikola Tesla feel when he sees his experiment in progress?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)