|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
(a) He is bipolar.
(b) He is a homosexual.
(c) He is passive aggressive.
(d) He is a virgin.
2. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(b) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(c) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(d) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
3. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
(a) Colorado Springs.
4. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Alternating current.
(b) Indirect current.
(c) Direct current.
(d) Hydroelectric current.
5. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Irene Curie.
(b) Vladimir Zworykin.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Henri Becquerel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
2. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
3. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
4. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
5. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)