|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
2. Where is the Palm Room?
(a) In the St. Regis Hotel.
(b) In the Waldorf Astoria Hotel.
(c) In the Plaza Hotel.
(d) In the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
3. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
(a) Linear coil.
(b) Spherical coil.
(c) Conical coil.
(d) Cylindrical coil.
4. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) A pulley motor.
(b) A gas powered motor.
(c) An AC motor.
(d) A DC motor.
5. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(b) He publishes articles in magazines.
(c) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(d) He sends out letters to the scientists.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what patent does Nikola Tesla file in 1898?
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
3. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
4. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
5. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)