|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
(a) Westinghouse is ready to deliver 15,000 horsepower of electricity.
(b) Electrical lines are strung over the falls.
(c) George Westinghouse begins a new company.
(d) GE delivers electricity first.
2. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) His dynamos.
(b) The electric light bulb.
(c) Electrical systems for ships.
(d) His direct current laboratory.
3. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
(a) The vacuum tube.
(b) The radio.
(c) The x-ray.
(d) The fluorescent light bulb.
4. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Katherine Johnson.
(b) Nellie Melba.
(c) Marguerite Merington.
(d) Ann Morgan.
5. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Indirect current.
(b) Direct current.
(c) Alternating current.
(d) Hydroelectric current.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are balloons ordered?
2. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
3. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
4. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
5. What is Nikola Tesla's first two-way radio controlled object?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)