|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Indirect current.
(b) Direct current.
(c) Hydroelectric current.
(d) Alternating current.
2. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
(a) It is difficult to adjust.
(b) It is too expensive.
(c) It is too large.
(d) It is too small.
3. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Split it.
(b) Double the value.
(c) Tear it up.
(d) Sell it.
4. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) London, England.
(b) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Washington, D.C.
5. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) J. Pierpont Morgan.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) George Westinghouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
2. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
3. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
4. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
5. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)