|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
2. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
4. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Tear it up.
(c) Split it.
(d) Double the value.
5. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
(a) George Westinghouse begins a new company.
(b) Westinghouse is ready to deliver 15,000 horsepower of electricity.
(c) GE delivers electricity first.
(d) Electrical lines are strung over the falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
2. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
3. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
4. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
5. What does Nikola Tesla believe is the greatest benefit of robots?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)