|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nikola Tesla sometimes feel because he has not married?
2. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(b) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(c) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(d) He publishes articles in magazines.
3. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
(a) Roaming in his native mountains.
(b) Visiting his mother's grave.
(c) Doing research in Budapest.
(d) Touring Zagreb.
4. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Form his own company.
(b) Travel in Europe.
(c) Invest in other businesses.
(d) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
5. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
(a) D. McFarlan Moore.
(b) Leland Anderson.
(c) Gano Dunn.
(d) Louis Cohen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
2. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
3. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
4. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
5. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)