|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
(a) The official laughs at Nikola Tesla.
(b) The official tells him someone already approached the government.
(c) The official asks for more research.
(d) The official accepts the research.
2. For what patent does Nikola Tesla file in 1898?
(a) Radio remote control for use in his laboratory.
(b) Radio remote control for use in guided vehicles.
(c) An alternating current engine for an automobile.
(d) Radio transistors.
3. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) London, England.
4. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(b) Social studies.
5. What is the Tesla coil?
(a) An electromagnetic force.
(b) A high frequency transmitter.
(c) A radio wave.
(d) A vacuum tube.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
2. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
3. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
4. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
5. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)