|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
(a) He worships him.
(b) He feels nothing for him.
(c) He detests him.
(d) He feels sorry for him.
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
3. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(b) He publishes articles in magazines.
(c) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(d) He sends out letters to the scientists.
4. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Travel in Europe.
(b) Invest in other businesses.
(c) Form his own company.
(d) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
5. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) London, England.
(b) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
2. How many volts are Nikola Tesla's coils producing when he asks Leonard Curtis to find him a new laboratory?
3. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
4. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
5. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)