|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(b) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(c) He publishes articles in magazines.
(d) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
2. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They have different hygiene.
(b) They have different religious beliefs.
(c) They have different schedules.
(d) They solve problems differently.
3. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) A scientists' meeting in London.
(b) A bad radio experiment.
(c) The World Congress.
(d) The Chicago World's Fair.
4. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(c) London, England.
(d) Paris, France.
5. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) The Tesla arc lamp.
(b) A DC motor.
(c) A new generator.
(d) A new light bulb.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
2. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
3. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
4. In what field does Nikola Tesla pioneer inventions while the Nobel Prize goes to three others?
5. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)