|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
(c) Radio waves.
2. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
(a) The official laughs at Nikola Tesla.
(b) The official tells him someone already approached the government.
(c) The official accepts the research.
(d) The official asks for more research.
3. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
(a) Doing research in Budapest.
(b) Visiting his mother's grave.
(c) Roaming in his native mountains.
(d) Touring Zagreb.
4. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Double the value.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Tear it up.
(d) Split it.
5. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
2. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
3. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
4. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
5. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)