|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
2. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
(a) He shudders.
(b) He loses consciousness.
(c) He is burned.
(d) He is fine.
3. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) A pulley motor.
(b) An AC motor.
(c) A DC motor.
(d) A gas powered motor.
4. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
5. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(b) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(c) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(d) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
2. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
3. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
4. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
5. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)