|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
2. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
3. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
(a) Turns it up.
(b) Oils it.
(c) Smashes it.
(d) Turns it off.
4. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
(a) D. McFarlan Moore.
(b) Louis Cohen.
(c) Leland Anderson.
(d) Gano Dunn.
5. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Vladimir Zworykin.
(b) Henri Becquerel.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Irene Curie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
2. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
3. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
4. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
5. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)