|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Hydroelectric current.
(b) Indirect current.
(c) Alternating current.
(d) Direct current.
2. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
3. Where is the Palm Room?
(a) In the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
(b) In the Waldorf Astoria Hotel.
(c) In the St. Regis Hotel.
(d) In the Plaza Hotel.
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
5. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Ruby-button lamp.
(b) Zirconia-button lamp.
(c) Carbon-button lamp.
(d) Diamond-button lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
2. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
3. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
4. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
5. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to a celebration at the Waldorf in 1898?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)