|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
2. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
(a) Westinghouse is ready to deliver 15,000 horsepower of electricity.
(b) GE delivers electricity first.
(c) George Westinghouse begins a new company.
(d) Electrical lines are strung over the falls.
3. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(b) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(c) He publishes a newspaper article.
(d) He electrocutes birds.
4. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(b) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
(c) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(d) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
5. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
(b) A $10/week raise.
(c) A $50,000 bonus.
(d) Vacation days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
2. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
3. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
4. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
5. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)