|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Tesla coil?
(a) A vacuum tube.
(b) A radio wave.
(c) A high frequency transmitter.
(d) An electromagnetic force.
2. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) A pulley motor.
(b) A DC motor.
(c) A gas powered motor.
(d) An AC motor.
3. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) Electrical systems for ships.
(b) His dynamos.
(c) His direct current laboratory.
(d) The electric light bulb.
4. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet four inches.
(b) Six feet six inches.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Five feet two inches.
5. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) London, England.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(d) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
2. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
4. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
5. Where is the Palm Room?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)