|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
2. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
(a) The International Congress.
(b) The United States Congress.
(c) The engineers at the Chicago World's Fair.
(d) The Electrical Congress.
3. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
(a) Marguerite Merrington.
(b) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(c) William K. Vanderbuilt.
(d) Mark Twain.
4. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
(a) Oils it.
(b) Turns it up.
(c) Smashes it.
(d) Turns it off.
5. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
2. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
3. What does Nikola Tesla send through neighboring buildings?
4. How many volts are Nikola Tesla's coils producing when he asks Leonard Curtis to find him a new laboratory?
5. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)