|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) Vacation days.
(b) A $50,000 bonus.
(c) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
(d) A $10/week raise.
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
3. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
4. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
(b) Nuclear fission.
5. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
(a) Marguerite Merrington.
(b) William K. Vanderbuilt.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Robert Underwood Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
2. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
3. What does Nikola Tesla believe is the greatest benefit of robots?
4. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
5. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)