|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Katherine Johnson.
(b) Marguerite Merington.
(c) Nellie Melba.
(d) Ann Morgan.
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
3. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
4. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) His direct current laboratory.
(b) His dynamos.
(c) Electrical systems for ships.
(d) The electric light bulb.
5. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
(a) He is a virgin.
(b) He is passive aggressive.
(c) He is bipolar.
(d) He is a homosexual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Palm Room?
2. In what field does Nikola Tesla pioneer inventions while the Nobel Prize goes to three others?
3. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
4. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
5. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)