|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the Tesla Electric Company open?
2. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(b) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(c) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(d) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
3. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Hydroelectric current.
(b) Alternating current.
(c) Indirect current.
(d) Direct current.
4. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
5. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
(a) The Electrical Times.
(b) The Electrical Review.
(c) The Wall Street Journal.
(d) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
2. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
3. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
4. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
5. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)