|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Diamond-button lamp.
(b) Carbon-button lamp.
(c) Ruby-button lamp.
(d) Zirconia-button lamp.
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
3. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Double the value.
(b) Tear it up.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Split it.
4. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) A $10/week raise.
(b) Vacation days.
(c) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
(d) A $50,000 bonus.
5. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) A new light bulb.
(b) A DC motor.
(c) A new generator.
(d) The Tesla arc lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
2. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
3. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
4. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
5. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)