|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Carbon-button lamp.
(b) Diamond-button lamp.
(c) Zirconia-button lamp.
(d) Ruby-button lamp.
2. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Dr. B.A. Behrend.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) George Westinghouse.
3. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
4. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) London, England.
5. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
(a) He shudders.
(b) He is fine.
(c) He is burned.
(d) He loses consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
2. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
4. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
5. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)