|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
(b) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(c) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(d) He meets with George Westinghouse.
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
3. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) A DC motor.
(b) The Tesla arc lamp.
(c) A new light bulb.
(d) A new generator.
4. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Dr. B.A. Behrend.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) George Westinghouse.
5. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
2. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
3. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
4. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
5. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)