|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Six feet six inches.
(c) Six feet four inches.
(d) Five feet two inches.
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
(d) New York.
3. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
(a) Dr. B.A. Behrend.
(b) George Westinghouse.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Thomas Edison.
4. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(b) Social studies.
5. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Hydroelectric current.
(b) Indirect current.
(c) Direct current.
(d) Alternating current.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
2. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
3. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
4. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
5. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)