|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet four inches.
(b) Six feet six inches.
(c) Five feet two inches.
(d) Six feet.
2. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
(a) The engineers at the Chicago World's Fair.
(b) The Electrical Congress.
(c) The United States Congress.
(d) The International Congress.
3. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
(c) Nuclear fission.
4. In what year does the Tesla Electric Company open?
5. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
3. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
4. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
5. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)