|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(d) London, England.
2. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) A DC motor.
(b) A new generator.
(c) A new light bulb.
(d) The Tesla arc lamp.
3. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(b) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(c) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(d) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
4. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Zirconia-button lamp.
(b) Carbon-button lamp.
(c) Diamond-button lamp.
(d) Ruby-button lamp.
5. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) The Chicago World's Fair.
(b) A bad radio experiment.
(c) A scientists' meeting in London.
(d) The World Congress.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
3. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
4. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
5. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)