|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(b) Social studies.
2. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) A DC motor.
(b) The Tesla arc lamp.
(c) A new generator.
(d) A new light bulb.
3. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Tear it up.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Double the value.
(d) Split it.
4. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
5. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) A bad radio experiment.
(b) The World Congress.
(c) The Chicago World's Fair.
(d) A scientists' meeting in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
2. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
3. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
4. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
5. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)