|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
2. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Form his own company.
(b) Travel in Europe.
(c) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
(d) Invest in other businesses.
3. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He publishes articles in magazines.
(b) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(c) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(d) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
4. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
5. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Double the value.
(c) Split it.
(d) Tear it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
2. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
3. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
5. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)