|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Five feet two inches.
(b) Six feet four inches.
(c) Six feet six inches.
(d) Six feet.
2. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Indirect current.
(b) Direct current.
(c) Hydroelectric current.
(d) Alternating current.
3. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
4. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
(a) Louis Cohen.
(b) Leland Anderson.
(c) D. McFarlan Moore.
(d) Gano Dunn.
5. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
2. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
3. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
4. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
5. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)