|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) A $50,000 bonus.
(b) A $10/week raise.
(c) Vacation days.
(d) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
2. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Robert Browning.
(c) Herman Melville.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
3. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
(a) The United States Congress.
(b) The International Congress.
(c) The Electrical Congress.
(d) The engineers at the Chicago World's Fair.
4. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To America.
(c) To Munich.
(d) To London.
5. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) London, England.
(d) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
2. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
3. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
4. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
5. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)