|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet six inches.
(b) Six feet four inches.
(c) Five feet two inches.
(d) Six feet.
2. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He electrocutes birds.
(b) He publishes a newspaper article.
(c) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(d) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
3. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
(b) Travel in Europe.
(c) Form his own company.
(d) Invest in other businesses.
4. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Indirect current.
(b) Direct current.
(c) Alternating current.
(d) Hydroelectric current.
5. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
(a) Marguerite Merrington.
(b) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) William K. Vanderbuilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
2. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
3. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
4. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
5. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)