|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
(a) A working model of the incandescent sun.
(c) A fluorescent light bulb.
(d) The light on Mars.
2. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Five feet two inches.
(b) Six feet four inches.
(c) Six feet six inches.
(d) Six feet.
3. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He improves direct current.
(b) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(c) He invents new types of light bulbs.
(d) He improves Edison's laboratory.
4. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) A gas powered motor.
(b) A DC motor.
(c) An AC motor.
(d) A pulley motor.
5. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Nellie Melba.
(b) Marguerite Merington.
(c) Katherine Johnson.
(d) Ann Morgan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
2. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
3. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
4. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
5. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)