|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet four inches.
(b) Six feet six inches.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Five feet two inches.
2. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
(b) A fluorescent light bulb.
(c) A working model of the incandescent sun.
(d) The light on Mars.
3. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He publishes a newspaper article.
(b) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(c) He electrocutes birds.
(d) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
4. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) A gas powered motor.
(b) A DC motor.
(c) An AC motor.
(d) A pulley motor.
5. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
(d) Nuclear fission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
2. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
3. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
4. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
5. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)