|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) George Westinghouse.
(c) Dr. B.A. Behrend.
(d) Mark Twain.
2. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Form his own company.
(b) Invest in other businesses.
(c) Travel in Europe.
(d) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
3. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He invents new types of light bulbs.
(b) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(c) He improves direct current.
(d) He improves Edison's laboratory.
4. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Split it.
(b) Double the value.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Tear it up.
5. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
Short Answer Questions
1. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
2. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
3. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
4. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
5. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)