|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(b) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(c) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(d) He publishes articles in magazines.
2. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Nellie Melba.
(b) Marguerite Merington.
(c) Ann Morgan.
(d) Katherine Johnson.
3. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
4. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) A $10/week raise.
(b) Vacation days.
(c) A $50,000 bonus.
(d) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
5. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
2. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
3. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
4. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
5. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)