|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Ruby-button lamp.
(b) Carbon-button lamp.
(c) Diamond-button lamp.
(d) Zirconia-button lamp.
2. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
(a) He is a virgin.
(b) He is a homosexual.
(c) He is passive aggressive.
(d) He is bipolar.
3. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) A $50,000 bonus.
(b) A $10/week raise.
(c) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
(d) Vacation days.
4. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Ann Morgan.
(b) Katherine Johnson.
(c) Marguerite Merington.
(d) Nellie Melba.
5. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He publishes articles in magazines.
(b) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(c) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(d) He sends out letters to the scientists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
3. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
4. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
5. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)