|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(a) Social studies.
2. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(b) He publishes articles in magazines.
(c) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(d) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
3. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
(a) The George Westinghouses.
(b) The Thomas Commerfod Martins.
(c) The Robert Underwood Johnsons.
(d) The Thomas Edisons.
4. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
5. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Tear it up.
(b) Double the value.
(c) Split it.
(d) Sell it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
3. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
4. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
5. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)