|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(d) London, England.
2. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) The Chicago World's Fair.
(b) The World Congress.
(c) A bad radio experiment.
(d) A scientists' meeting in London.
3. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
4. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Electrical Review.
(c) The Wall Street Journal.
(d) The Electrical Times.
5. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Travel in Europe.
(b) Invest in other businesses.
(c) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
(d) Form his own company.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
2. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
4. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
5. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)