|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
(a) He shudders.
(b) He is fine.
(c) He loses consciousness.
(d) He is burned.
2. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
(a) George Westinghouse.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Dr. B.A. Behrend.
3. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Irene Curie.
(c) Vladimir Zworykin.
(d) Henri Becquerel.
4. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
(a) To London.
(b) To Munich.
(c) To America.
(d) To Paris.
5. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
Short Answer Questions
1. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
2. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
3. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
4. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
5. Where is the Palm Room?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)