|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
2. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
(a) The light on Mars.
(c) A fluorescent light bulb.
(d) A working model of the incandescent sun.
3. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(d) Social studies.
4. Where is the Palm Room?
(a) In the St. Regis Hotel.
(b) In the Waldorf Astoria Hotel.
(c) In the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
(d) In the Plaza Hotel.
5. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) A new light bulb.
(b) The Tesla arc lamp.
(c) A DC motor.
(d) A new generator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
2. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
3. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
4. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
5. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)