|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
2. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) The Tesla arc lamp.
(b) A new generator.
(c) A DC motor.
(d) A new light bulb.
3. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They have different hygiene.
(b) They have different religious beliefs.
(c) They solve problems differently.
(d) They have different schedules.
4. Where is the Palm Room?
(a) In the Plaza Hotel.
(b) In the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
(c) In the St. Regis Hotel.
(d) In the Waldorf Astoria Hotel.
5. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
(a) Louis Cohen.
(b) D. McFarlan Moore.
(c) Gano Dunn.
(d) Leland Anderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
2. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
3. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
5. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)