|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) The Tesla arc lamp.
(b) A new generator.
(c) A new light bulb.
(d) A DC motor.
2. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To Munich.
(c) To London.
(d) To America.
3. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Split it.
(b) Tear it up.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Double the value.
4. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They have different schedules.
(b) They have different religious beliefs.
(c) They have different hygiene.
(d) They solve problems differently.
5. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Hydroelectric current.
(b) Direct current.
(c) Alternating current.
(d) Indirect current.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
2. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
3. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
4. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
5. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)