|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(b) He improves Edison's laboratory.
(c) He invents new types of light bulbs.
(d) He improves direct current.
2. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(d) London, England.
3. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
4. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Tear it up.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Split it.
(d) Double the value.
5. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(a) Social studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
2. In what year does the Tesla Electric Company open?
3. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
4. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
5. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)