|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(b) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
(c) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(d) He meets with George Westinghouse.
2. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
(a) Dr. B.A. Behrend.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) George Westinghouse.
3. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They have different hygiene.
(b) They have different religious beliefs.
(c) They solve problems differently.
(d) They have different schedules.
4. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Ruby-button lamp.
(b) Carbon-button lamp.
(c) Diamond-button lamp.
(d) Zirconia-button lamp.
5. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
2. Where is the Palm Room?
3. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
4. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
5. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)