|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Diamond-button lamp.
(b) Carbon-button lamp.
(c) Zirconia-button lamp.
(d) Ruby-button lamp.
2. In what year does the Tesla Electric Company open?
3. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He publishes articles in magazines.
(b) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(c) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(d) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
4. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
(a) He is fine.
(b) He is burned.
(c) He loses consciousness.
(d) He shudders.
5. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
3. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
5. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)