|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He publishes a newspaper article.
(b) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(c) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(d) He electrocutes birds.
2. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) A $10/week raise.
(b) A $50,000 bonus.
(c) Vacation days.
(d) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
3. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
4. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
(c) Nuclear fission.
5. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Dr. B.A. Behrend.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) George Westinghouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
3. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
4. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
5. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)