|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(b) He publishes articles in magazines.
(c) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(d) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
3. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Indirect current.
(b) Alternating current.
(c) Direct current.
(d) Hydroelectric current.
4. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
5. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) London, England.
(d) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
2. Where is the Palm Room?
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
4. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
5. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)