|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Tear it up.
(b) Split it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Double the value.
2. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) A new light bulb.
(b) A DC motor.
(c) A new generator.
(d) The Tesla arc lamp.
3. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
(a) A working model of the incandescent sun.
(c) The light on Mars.
(d) A fluorescent light bulb.
4. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
5. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) A gas powered motor.
(b) A pulley motor.
(c) An AC motor.
(d) A DC motor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
2. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
4. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
5. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)