|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
2. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
(c) Nuclear fission.
3. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(b) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(c) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(d) He publishes articles in magazines.
4. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(c) Social studies.
5. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
2. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
3. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
4. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
5. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)