|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
(a) He is fine.
(b) He shudders.
(c) He is burned.
(d) He loses consciousness.
2. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
(a) Nuclear fission.
3. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He improves Edison's laboratory.
(b) He improves direct current.
(c) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(d) He invents new types of light bulbs.
4. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) A pulley motor.
(b) An AC motor.
(c) A DC motor.
(d) A gas powered motor.
5. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(b) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(c) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(d) He publishes articles in magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
2. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
3. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
4. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
5. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)