|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
(a) He is fine.
(b) He loses consciousness.
(c) He shudders.
(d) He is burned.
2. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
3. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Direct current.
(b) Alternating current.
(c) Indirect current.
(d) Hydroelectric current.
4. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) A DC motor.
(b) The Tesla arc lamp.
(c) A new generator.
(d) A new light bulb.
5. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Double the value.
(b) Split it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Tear it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
2. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
3. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
4. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
5. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)