|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Irene Curie.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) Vladimir Zworykin.
(d) Henri Becquerel.
2. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Form his own company.
(b) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
(c) Invest in other businesses.
(d) Travel in Europe.
3. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He improves direct current.
(b) He improves Edison's laboratory.
(c) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(d) He invents new types of light bulbs.
4. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
5. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He electrocutes birds.
(b) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(c) He publishes a newspaper article.
(d) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
2. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
3. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
4. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
5. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)