|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They solve problems differently.
(b) They have different hygiene.
(c) They have different schedules.
(d) They have different religious beliefs.
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
3. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Tear it up.
(b) Split it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Double the value.
4. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
(c) Nuclear fission.
5. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Carbon-button lamp.
(b) Ruby-button lamp.
(c) Diamond-button lamp.
(d) Zirconia-button lamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
2. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
3. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
4. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
5. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)