|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
(b) The light on Mars.
(c) A fluorescent light bulb.
(d) A working model of the incandescent sun.
2. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
(d) Nuclear fission.
3. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Vladimir Zworykin.
(b) Henri Becquerel.
(c) Irene Curie.
(d) Thomas Edison.
4. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
5. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(b) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(c) He electrocutes birds.
(d) He publishes a newspaper article.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
2. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
3. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
4. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
5. In what year does the Tesla Electric Company open?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)