|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
(a) D. McFarlan Moore.
(b) Leland Anderson.
(c) Gano Dunn.
(d) Louis Cohen.
2. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
(b) A $50,000 bonus.
(c) A $10/week raise.
(d) Vacation days.
3. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He electrocutes birds.
(b) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(c) He publishes a newspaper article.
(d) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
4. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Travel in Europe.
(b) Invest in other businesses.
(c) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
(d) Form his own company.
5. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) An AC motor.
(b) A pulley motor.
(c) A gas powered motor.
(d) A DC motor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
2. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
3. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
4. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
5. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)