|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) A $10/week raise.
(b) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
(c) Vacation days.
(d) A $50,000 bonus.
2. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
(a) The light on Mars.
(b) A fluorescent light bulb.
(d) A working model of the incandescent sun.
3. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
(b) He improves Edison's laboratory.
(c) He improves direct current.
(d) He invents new types of light bulbs.
4. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They solve problems differently.
(b) They have different schedules.
(c) They have different religious beliefs.
(d) They have different hygiene.
5. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
(a) William K. Vanderbuilt.
(b) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(c) Marguerite Merrington.
(d) Mark Twain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
2. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
3. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
4. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
5. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)