Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 2, The Inventor's 60s.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Nikola Tesla planning to use the Tesla turbine engine?
(a) To create man-made lightning.
(b) In a box-like flivver airplane.
(c) For radio broadcasting.
(d) To generate electricity.
2. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
(b) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(c) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(d) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
3. For what patent does Nikola Tesla file in 1898?
(a) Radio remote control for use in his laboratory.
(b) An alternating current engine for an automobile.
(c) Radio remote control for use in guided vehicles.
(d) Radio transistors.
4. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He electrocutes birds.
(b) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
(c) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(d) He publishes a newspaper article.
5. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
(a) Turns it up.
(b) Oils it.
(c) Smashes it.
(d) Turns it off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla need now to capitalize on his 1906 invention?
2. Why does Nikola Tesla choose room 207 at the Alta Vista Hotel?
3. To where does Nikola Tesla begin to write letters at age fifty?
4. Why are balloons ordered?
5. At how many revolutions per minute does the Tesla turbine run?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)