Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 6, Nobel Stove.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is the Wardenclyffe tower blown up?
2. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Form his own company.
(b) Invest in other businesses.
(c) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
(d) Travel in Europe.
3. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
(a) Cylindrical coil.
(b) Linear coil.
(c) Conical coil.
(d) Spherical coil.
4. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) The Tesla arc lamp.
(b) A new light bulb.
(c) A new generator.
(d) A DC motor.
5. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
(a) It is made larger.
(b) It is robbed.
(c) It is raided by police.
(d) It catches fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who uses Nikola Tesla's 1900 radio patent to signal the letter "S" across the Atlantic ocean?
2. With what planet does Nikola Tesla say communication can be made?
3. How does Nikola Tesla have photographs produced of the Colorado Springs lightning experiment?
4. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to a celebration at the Waldorf in 1898?
5. What is being manufactured at Wardenclyffe?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)