Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 3, Playing with Lightning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
(a) A water engine.
(b) A steam driven engine.
(c) A solar engine.
(d) A vacuum engine.
2. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
(a) To Munich.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To London.
(d) To America.
3. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
4. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
5. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Tesla coil?
2. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
3. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
4. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
5. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to a celebration at the Waldorf in 1898?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)