|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 2, Mars & Robots.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
(a) He feels sorry for him.
(b) He worships him.
(c) He feels nothing for him.
(d) He detests him.
2. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) A gas powered motor.
(b) A pulley motor.
(c) An AC motor.
(d) A DC motor.
3. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
(a) Split it.
(b) Tear it up.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Double the value.
4. What happens when Nikola Tesla visits an official in Washington to offer a robotic invention to the government?
(a) The official asks for more research.
(b) The official tells him someone already approached the government.
(c) The official laughs at Nikola Tesla.
(d) The official accepts the research.
5. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(b) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(c) He publishes articles in magazines.
(d) He sends out letters to the scientists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
2. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
3. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
4. In what field does Nikola Tesla pioneer inventions while the Nobel Prize goes to three others?
5. How many volts are Nikola Tesla's coils producing when he asks Leonard Curtis to find him a new laboratory?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)