Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 4, Radio & High Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
(b) New York.
2. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(b) Social studies.
3. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He improves direct current.
(b) He invents new types of light bulbs.
(c) He improves Edison's laboratory.
(d) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
4. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
(a) The Robert Underwood Johnsons.
(b) The George Westinghouses.
(c) The Thomas Commerfod Martins.
(d) The Thomas Edisons.
5. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Six feet four inches.
(c) Five feet two inches.
(d) Six feet six inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
2. In what year does the Tesla Electric Company open?
3. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
4. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
5. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)