Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Beginning: Chapter 3, AC/DC and a Flaming Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
(a) He sues Nikola Tesla for patent infringement.
(b) He electrocutes birds.
(c) He publishes a newspaper article.
(d) He refers publicly to an electrocuted prisoner as being "Westinghoused."
2. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
3. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) An AC motor.
(b) A gas powered motor.
(c) A pulley motor.
(d) A DC motor.
4. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
(b) A fluorescent light bulb.
(c) The light on Mars.
(d) A working model of the incandescent sun.
5. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(b) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(c) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(d) He publishes articles in magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
2. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
3. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
4. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
5. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)