|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 3, Birthday Corks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
(a) GE delivers electricity first.
(b) Electrical lines are strung over the falls.
(c) Westinghouse is ready to deliver 15,000 horsepower of electricity.
(d) George Westinghouse begins a new company.
2. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
(d) Radio waves.
3. In Chapter 13, what is the invention that most fascinates Nikola Tesla followers?
(a) The Copper Button Lamp.
(b) The transmitter.
(c) The valve.
(d) The remote controlled ship.
4. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
(a) It is made larger.
(b) It catches fire.
(c) It is robbed.
(d) It is raided by police.
5. Where does Nikola Tesla maintain a laboratory for turbine work?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(c) Newark, New Jersey.
(d) New York, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do scientists and engineers worldwide do for Nikola Tesla's 75th birthday?
2. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
4. On what does Nikola Tesla say that civilized nations would spend more on than war?
5. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)