|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 3, Birthday Corks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nikola Tesla spend time feeding pigeons?
(a) Riverside Drive Park.
(b) Union Square Park.
(c) Bryant Park.
(d) Central Park.
2. What does Nikola Tesla need now to capitalize on his 1906 invention?
(b) A business manager.
(c) A manufacturing plant.
3. About what do Nikola Tesla and John Hays Hammond Jr. correspond?
(a) Improving the coil motor.
(b) Improving the copper button lamp.
(c) Earning money through military applications for robotry.
(d) Rebuilding the tower in Colorado Springs.
4. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
(a) A chair in the middle of the room.
(b) Next to the switch.
(d) In the doorway of the laboratory.
5. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(b) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(c) He publishes articles in magazines.
(d) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nikola Tesla wish to reject the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
2. Why are balloons ordered?
3. In what year do Nikola Tesla's friends Hobson and Johnson die?
4. To what periodical does Nikola Tesla write in defense of King Alexander?
5. On what is Nikola Tesla working around the time of his 75th birthday?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)