|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 3, Birthday Corks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what patent does Nikola Tesla file in 1898?
(a) Radio transistors.
(b) An alternating current engine for an automobile.
(c) Radio remote control for use in his laboratory.
(d) Radio remote control for use in guided vehicles.
2. When the vibration of heavy current surges through the primary coil, what phenomenon is the result?
3. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
(a) It knocks the generator off line and makes it burn.
(b) It discharges and quits.
(d) It restores the generator to the line.
4. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
(a) Nuclear fission.
5. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the National Research Council formed?
2. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
3. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
4. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
5. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)