|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 3, Birthday Corks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is rumored to have been developed in 1924 by Nikola Tesla?
(a) A death ray.
(b) A new oscillator.
(c) A warhead.
(d) A torpedo.
2. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
(a) Colorado Springs.
3. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
(a) He worships him.
(b) He feels nothing for him.
(c) He feels sorry for him.
(d) He detests him.
4. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
(a) The Wall Street Journal.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Electrical Review.
(d) The Electrical Times.
5. What magazine carries two of Nikola Tesla's designs: extracting electricity from seawater and plans for a geothermal steam plant?
(a) Everyday Science & Mechanics.
(b) Scientific American.
(c) Popular Science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
2. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
3. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
4. What does Dr. Eisenbud suggest about Nikola Tesla's mental condition?
5. What does Nikola Tesla do to the oscillator?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)