|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 3, Birthday Corks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is Yugoslavia formed?
2. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) DC system.
(b) Polyphase system.
(c) Fluorescent bulb system.
(d) Voltage system.
3. How much does Nikola Tesla's 1906 invention weigh?
(a) Between 30 and 40 pounds.
(b) Less than 10 pounds.
(c) Less than 20 pounds.
(d) 30 pounds.
4. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(c) William K. Vanderbuilt.
(d) Marguerite Merrington.
5. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(b) He publishes articles in magazines.
(c) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(d) He sends out letters to the scientists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are balloons ordered?
2. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
3. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
4. What does Nikola Tesla believe is the greatest benefit of robots?
5. What does Nikola Tesla ask Westinghouse to do with their royalties agreement?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)