|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 3, Birthday Corks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla believe can be produced on Earth with an oscillator?
(a) Stationary pulses.
(b) Stationary waves.
(c) Nuclear power.
(d) Remote electricity.
2. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
(a) He is burned.
(b) He is fine.
(c) He shudders.
(d) He loses consciousness.
3. In 1927, who tries to help Nikola Tesla with the promotion of a scientific concept?
(a) Francis A. Fitzgerald.
(b) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(d) Robert Underwood Johnson.
4. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
5. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Nellie Melba.
(b) Marguerite Merington.
(c) Ann Morgan.
(d) Katherine Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do scientists and engineers worldwide do for Nikola Tesla's 75th birthday?
2. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
3. Where does Nikola Tesla maintain a laboratory for turbine work?
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
5. What type of weapon does Nikola envision in his conversations with Viereck?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)