|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 3, Birthday Corks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides being an inventor, for what other role is Nikola Tesla known?
2. What company refuses to entertain any of Nikola Tesla's proposals in 1920?
(a) General Electric Company.
(c) Edison Electric Company.
(d) The Westinghouse Company.
3. After Mark Twain and J. Pierpont Morgan die, what happens to Nikola Tesla's behavior?
(a) It becomes erratic.
(b) It becomes stranger.
(c) It becomes more upbeat.
(d) It becomes depressing.
4. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
5. To what periodical does Nikola Tesla write in defense of King Alexander?
(a) The Wall Street Journal.
(b) The Daily News.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Post.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
2. In 1927, who tries to help Nikola Tesla with the promotion of a scientific concept?
3. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
4. In what field does Nikola Tesla pioneer inventions while the Nobel Prize goes to three others?
5. Who asks Nikola Tesla to accept the Edison Medal of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)