|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 3, Birthday Corks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
(a) To Munich.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To America.
(d) To London.
2. After J. Pierpont Morgan dies in 1913, from whom does Nikola Tesla try to get investment funding?
(b) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
(c) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(d) J. P. Morgan.
3. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Zirconia-button lamp.
(b) Ruby-button lamp.
(c) Diamond-button lamp.
(d) Carbon-button lamp.
4. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) The Tesla arc lamp.
(b) A new generator.
(c) A new light bulb.
(d) A DC motor.
5. After Mark Twain and J. Pierpont Morgan die, what happens to Nikola Tesla's behavior?
(a) It becomes erratic.
(b) It becomes depressing.
(c) It becomes more upbeat.
(d) It becomes stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What New York establishment drops Nikola Tesla's membership for non-payment of bills?
2. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
3. How does Nikola Tesla sometimes feel because he has not married?
4. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
5. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)