|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 3, Birthday Corks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) London, England.
(c) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
(d) Paris, France.
2. What magazine carries two of Nikola Tesla's designs: extracting electricity from seawater and plans for a geothermal steam plant?
(b) Popular Science.
(c) Everyday Science & Mechanics.
(d) Scientific American.
3. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
4. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
(a) Cylindrical coil.
(b) Spherical coil.
(c) Linear coil.
(d) Conical coil.
5. Where does Nikola Tesla maintain a laboratory for turbine work?
(a) Newark, New Jersey.
(b) Bridgeport, Connecticut.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what invention is the 1915 Nobel Prize in Physics given?
2. In what field does Nikola Tesla pioneer inventions while the Nobel Prize goes to three others?
3. In 1927, who tries to help Nikola Tesla with the promotion of a scientific concept?
4. What name does Nikola Tesla call Marconi?
5. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)