|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, The Final Decades: Chapter 3, Birthday Corks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
(d) Nuclear fission.
2. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
(b) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(c) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(d) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
3. What happens to the electric company generator when Nikola Tesla runs his experiment?
(a) It discharges and quits.
(c) It restores the generator to the line.
(d) It knocks the generator off line and makes it burn.
4. In 1915, who builds a radio station for the U.S. Naval Radio Service?
(a) A Serbian firm.
(b) A French firm.
(c) A German firm.
(d) A British firm.
5. With whom does the New York Times suggest that Nikola Tesla will share the 1915 Nobel Prize in physics?
(a) George Westinghouse.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) John Hays Hammond, Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nikola Tesla when he watches his Colorado Springs experiment?
2. What type of engine does Nikola Tesla invent in Chapter 12, "Robots"?
3. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
4. In what year is Nikola Tesla summoned to court for failure to pay his takes in New York City?
5. In Chapter 13, "Hurler of Lightning," to where does Nikola Tesla move in 1899?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)