|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 1, Ethics & Error in Tesla's Path.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
(a) The Wall Street Journal.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Electrical Times.
(d) The Electrical Review.
2. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Ruby-button lamp.
(b) Zirconia-button lamp.
(c) Diamond-button lamp.
(d) Carbon-button lamp.
3. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) William K. Vanderbuilt.
(c) Marguerite Merrington.
(d) Mark Twain.
4. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To London.
(c) To America.
(d) To Munich.
5. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) A new light bulb.
(b) The Tesla arc lamp.
(c) A new generator.
(d) A DC motor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
2. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
3. Where is the Palm Room?
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
5. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)