|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 1, Ethics & Error in Tesla's Path.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
(a) They have different hygiene.
(b) They solve problems differently.
(c) They have different schedules.
(d) They have different religious beliefs.
2. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
(a) The engineers at the Chicago World's Fair.
(b) The United States Congress.
(c) The Electrical Congress.
(d) The International Congress.
3. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Henri Becquerel.
(b) Irene Curie.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Vladimir Zworykin.
4. In the early 1900s, from what illness does Nikola Tesla suffer?
5. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
(b) Nuclear fission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
2. At what game does Nikola Tesla become skilled?
3. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
4. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
5. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)