|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 1, Ethics & Error in Tesla's Path.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is Nikola Tesla born?
2. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Direct current.
(b) Hydroelectric current.
(c) Alternating current.
(d) Indirect current.
3. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) London, England.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Belgrade, Yugoslavia.
4. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Ruby-button lamp.
(b) Carbon-button lamp.
(c) Zirconia-button lamp.
(d) Diamond-button lamp.
5. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Dr. B.A. Behrend.
(c) George Westinghouse.
(d) Mark Twain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
2. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
3. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
5. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)