|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 1, Ethics & Error in Tesla's Path.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
(c) New York.
2. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
(a) The George Westinghouses.
(b) The Thomas Commerfod Martins.
(c) The Robert Underwood Johnsons.
(d) The Thomas Edisons.
3. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
(a) The Electrical Times.
(b) The Wall Street Journal.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Electrical Review.
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
5. What happens to Nikola Tesla when he steps onto his experimental platform in his laboratory?
(a) He is fine.
(b) He is burned.
(c) He shudders.
(d) He loses consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
2. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
3. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
4. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
5. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)