|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 1, Ethics & Error in Tesla's Path.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) His dynamos.
(b) His direct current laboratory.
(c) The electric light bulb.
(d) Electrical systems for ships.
2. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To America.
(c) To London.
(d) To Munich.
3. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Ann Morgan.
(b) Katherine Johnson.
(c) Nellie Melba.
(d) Marguerite Merington.
4. What system of Nikola Tesla's invention allows alternating current to be delivered?
(a) Voltage system.
(b) Polyphase system.
(c) DC system.
(d) Fluorescent bulb system.
5. In what subject does Nikola Tesla excel in high school?
(a) Social studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
2. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
3. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
4. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
5. How many accidents does Nikola Tesla say he has in a year?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)