|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 1, Ethics & Error in Tesla's Path.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Irene Curie.
(b) Henri Becquerel.
(c) Thomas Edison.
(d) Vladimir Zworykin.
2. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
3. How does Nikola Tesla sometimes feel because he has not married?
4. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Diamond-button lamp.
(b) Ruby-button lamp.
(c) Zirconia-button lamp.
(d) Carbon-button lamp.
5. What is Nikola Tesla doing in Europe when he conceives the idea that man could produce electric storms?
(a) Touring Zagreb.
(b) Visiting his mother's grave.
(c) Roaming in his native mountains.
(d) Doing research in Budapest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
2. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
3. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
4. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
5. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)