|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 1, Ethics & Error in Tesla's Path.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
3. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(b) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(c) He publishes articles in magazines.
(d) He sends out letters to the scientists.
4. Who helps to found the Tesla Society around 1956?
(a) D. McFarlan Moore.
(b) Louis Cohen.
(c) Leland Anderson.
(d) Gano Dunn.
5. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Irene Curie.
(c) Henri Becquerel.
(d) Vladimir Zworykin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
2. In what year does Ernest Orlando Lawrence win a Nobel prize for the cyclotron, a precursor of which Nikola Tesla exhibited?
3. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
4. By 1981, how many patents does Nikola Tesla get for AC electric systems?
5. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)