|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 1, Ethics & Error in Tesla's Path.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
(a) The Electrical Congress.
(b) The engineers at the Chicago World's Fair.
(c) The International Congress.
(d) The United States Congress.
2. What is Nikola Tesla's first job accomplishment with Thomas Edison?
(a) He improves direct current.
(b) He invents new types of light bulbs.
(c) He improves Edison's laboratory.
(d) He fixes a ship's lighting plant.
3. In what city does Nikola Tesla find a job in 1881?
4. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Indirect current.
(b) Hydroelectric current.
(c) Alternating current.
(d) Direct current.
5. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) George Westinghouse.
(d) J. Pierpont Morgan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What personality difference jeopardizes the relationship between Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla?
2. What accomplishment occurs at Niagara Falls in 1895?
3. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
4. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
5. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)