|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 1, Ethics & Error in Tesla's Path.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who adores Nikola Tesla for his many charms?
(a) The George Westinghouses.
(b) The Thomas Edisons.
(c) The Thomas Commerfod Martins.
(d) The Robert Underwood Johnsons.
2. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
(a) Stock in Thomas Edison's company.
(b) A $10/week raise.
(c) Vacation days.
(d) A $50,000 bonus.
3. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Form his own company.
(b) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
(c) Invest in other businesses.
(d) Travel in Europe.
4. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) J. Pierpont Morgan.
(c) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(d) George Westinghouse.
5. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
(d) Radio waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
2. To what group does Nikola Tesla give a lecture about mechanical electrical oscillators on August 25, 1893?
3. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
4. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
5. What happens to Nikola Tesla's laboratory in 1895?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)