|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 1, Ethics & Error in Tesla's Path.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Nikola Tesla give a lecture to the Institution of Electrical Engineers?
(c) New York.
2. Why is Nikola Tesla's vacuum tube unsuitable for laboratory research?
(a) It is difficult to adjust.
(b) It is too large.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is too small.
3. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) The Chicago World's Fair.
(b) A scientists' meeting in London.
(c) A bad radio experiment.
(d) The World Congress.
4. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Travel in Europe.
(b) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
(c) Form his own company.
(d) Invest in other businesses.
5. Where does Charles Batchelor encourage Nikola Tesla to go?
(a) To London.
(b) To Munich.
(c) To America.
(d) To Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Nikola Tesla go to work for Thomas Edison's subsidiary in Paris?
2. How does Thomas Edison use electrocution as a political weapon?
3. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
4. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
5. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)