|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 1, Ethics & Error in Tesla's Path.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what type of transmission is Nikola Tesla's research a precursor in around 1895?
(b) Radio wave.
2. What event takes Nikola Tesla away from radio research in 1893?
(a) The Chicago World's Fair.
(b) A bad radio experiment.
(c) A scientists' meeting in London.
(d) The World Congress.
3. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
(a) Buy Thomas Edison's company.
(b) Travel in Europe.
(c) Form his own company.
(d) Invest in other businesses.
4. In Chapter 6, "Order of the Flaming Sword," how does Nikola Tesla share his inventions of electricity in a vacuum tube with other scientists?
(a) He has a newspaper reporter write about them.
(b) He conducts lectures with demonstrations.
(c) He sends out letters to the scientists.
(d) He publishes articles in magazines.
5. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
(a) The fluorescent light bulb.
(b) The x-ray.
(c) The radio.
(d) The vacuum tube.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reward does Thomas Edison offer Nikola Tesla for completing the work with the dynamo?
2. In what city does Nikola Tesla study after running out of funds for college?
3. In what 1896 publication is there speculation about Nikola Tesla's status with women?
4. With what device does Nikola Tesla achieve tensions of about one million volts?
5. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)