|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 1, Ethics & Error in Tesla's Path.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
(a) The vacuum tube.
(b) The fluorescent light bulb.
(c) The x-ray.
(d) The radio.
2. What does Nikola Tesla invent that is used in Rahway, New Jersey?
(a) The Tesla arc lamp.
(b) A new light bulb.
(c) A new generator.
(d) A DC motor.
3. For what does Nikola offer a plan to redesign for Edison?
(a) His direct current laboratory.
(b) The electric light bulb.
(c) His dynamos.
(d) Electrical systems for ships.
4. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
(a) Carbon-button lamp.
(b) Ruby-button lamp.
(c) Zirconia-button lamp.
(d) Diamond-button lamp.
5. In the year 1888, who buys Nikola Tesla's patents to use in his electric company?
(a) Thomas Edison.
(b) Dr. B.A. Behrend.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) George Westinghouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what author is Nikola Tesla introduced while ill as a child?
2. How tall is Nikola Tesla in the year 1893?
3. What science is always at the forefront of Nikola Tesla's work?
4. In what year does Nikola Tesla describe in detail the principles of radio broadcasting?
5. What does a group of men offer Tesla the opportunity to do?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)