|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 1, Ethics & Error in Tesla's Path.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Nikola Tesla invite to his laboratory at midnight to view his experiments?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) Marguerite Merrington.
(c) William K. Vanderbuilt.
(d) Mark Twain.
2. What type of electrical service does Thomas Edison supply to people?
(a) Indirect current.
(b) Hydroelectric current.
(c) Direct current.
(d) Alternating current.
3. For whom does Nikola Tesla say he will build a villa in New York City?
(a) Marguerite Merington.
(b) Ann Morgan.
(c) Nellie Melba.
(d) Katherine Johnson.
4. What major German invention in 1896 is most likely predated by Nikola Tesla's version?
(a) The fluorescent light bulb.
(b) The x-ray.
(c) The radio.
(d) The vacuum tube.
5. What trait is suspected by some about Nikola Tesla during the Gilded Age?
(a) He is a homosexual.
(b) He is bipolar.
(c) He is a virgin.
(d) He is passive aggressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Palm Room?
2. What profession does Nikola Tesla's father expect him to follow?
3. What is the name of the lamp that Nikola Tesla invents?
4. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
5. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)