|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Tesla's Middle Years: Chapter 1, Ethics & Error in Tesla's Path.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas Edison do to try to quash the acquisition of Nikola Tesla's invention?
(a) He meets with George Westinghouse.
(b) He buys out Nikola Tesla.
(c) He offers Tesla stock in his company.
(d) He conducts a smear campaign against Westinghouse and alternating current.
2. From what financier does Nikola Tesla choose NOT to accept funds?
(a) Robert Underwood Johnson.
(b) Thomas Edison.
(c) George Westinghouse.
(d) J. Pierpont Morgan.
3. What type of motor does Nikola Tesla conceive of while walking in the park?
(a) A gas powered motor.
(b) A pulley motor.
(c) A DC motor.
(d) An AC motor.
4. What does Nikola Tesla demonstrate with thousands of high-frequency volts running through his body?
(a) A working model of the incandescent sun.
(b) The light on Mars.
(d) A fluorescent light bulb.
5. Who later demonstrates the correctness of Nikola Tesla's theory of cosmic rays as high-energy subatomic particles that could make other substances radioactive?
(a) Irene Curie.
(b) Vladimir Zworykin.
(c) Henri Becquerel.
(d) Thomas Edison.
Short Answer Questions
1. After World War II, much of Nikola Tesla's library materials are shipped where?
2. How does George Scherff feel about Nikola Tesla?
3. At what age does Nikola Tesla take passage on the ship Saturnia?
4. In what year is Nikola Tesla born?
5. In Chapter 10, "An Error of Judgment," to what does Nikola Tesla expose his head frequently?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)